• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Ratia

Serperior Love
my friend is playing white version and just got to white forest. but he says there is no grass...he switched the clock ONCE to fix it to his timezone. and on serebii it says the grass would disappear if "you fiddle with it too much" - "too much" i thought being the key words...

i know how to fix the problem, but i was wondering...could this have been avoided if he didn't change the clock? or do all white forests start with no grass unless you connect with someone over the entralink? (i wouldn't know because i've only played black.)

DarumakkaImposter

Train right away. Give the Pokemon an Exp. Share and let a higher level do the training for it. If you start EV training at later levels, chances are, it have many unneeded EVs.

thank you ^.^ i shall do that

abraxas

Words.
my friend is playing white version and just got to white forest. but he says there is no grass...he switched the clock ONCE to fix it to his timezone. and on serebii it says the grass would disappear if "you fiddle with it too much" - "too much" i thought being the key words...

i know how to fix the problem, but i was wondering...could this have been avoided if he didn't change the clock? or do all white forests start with no grass unless you connect with someone over the entralink? (i wouldn't know because i've only played black.)

If I'm not wrong, the amount of people in White Forest is based on the total time it took to reach the forest, and it's the amount of people that determines how much grass is there at that point.

Skyress

White Forest starts off with 10 residents. Fiddling even with the slightest with the clock could cause them to leave. I've experienced the same issue (Daylight Savings) but I've only lost a few of the residents. Fill up the city again with the Entralink. Unfortunately, there's no other way to regain them (aside from restarting the game).

ArcanineShrine014029

If you use a hack-check with the Vs. Recorder in Pt/HG/SS, will the game still consider the Pokemon legal in B/W? (If I'm able to upload a battle video in HeartGold, will the specifics of that Pokemon still be read as legal in White?)

PokeChamp777

hey

Does rain dance with dry skip hp restore stack with leftovers or black sludge???

Also someone on this thread mention an entralink power item that will earn you 42k (cash) from each trainer you defeat in Nimbasa city stadiums.

Any ideas???

Dasdardly

Rare Occurence
Does rain dance with dry skip hp restore stack with leftovers or black sludge???

Also someone on this thread mention an entralink power item that will earn you 42k (cash) from each trainer you defeat in Nimbasa city stadiums.

Any ideas???

Yeah, it stacks. Not worth it, IMO.
Also, money's no big deal. :x

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I have a problem... I spent a Month under school pressure and SR'd for a Modest serene grace Tri-attack Togepi and finally get it's friendship up and the result is it's ability changes to the worthless hustle! I need help is there anything I can do?(I posted this under 4th gen and got no response so I'm trying here maybe the ability wouldn't change if you send it gen 5?(utterly hopes)
Tried evolving ong gen 3 before transfering same abysmal fate... my dreams have been crushed please is there anything in gen 3-4-5 that can save my Pokemon?

Last edited:

PokeChamp777

hmmm

Yeah, it stacks. Not worth it, IMO.
Also, money's no big deal. :x

Ya I would like to know actually. For those who want to EV/IV train for competitive battle money "IS" a big deal. Those Vitamins are not cheap, especially if you want to give them to multiple pokemon like I intend on doing.

So I ask again, does anyone know what entralink power item gives you more money than amulet coin for beating trainers??

Dasdardly

Rare Occurence
Ya I would like to know actually. For those who want to EV/IV train for competitive battle money "IS" a big deal. Those Vitamins are not cheap, especially if you want to give them to multiple pokemon like I intend on doing.

So I ask again, does anyone know what entralink power item gives you more money than amulet coin for beating trainers??

Prize money power doubles it for 3 minutes. Probably stacks with amulet coin.
I do battle competitively. Since I beat the E4 I haven't had under 500,000. Even with buying vitamins and the TMs I never got. Money's no big deal.

I have a problem... I spent a Month under school pressure and SR'd for a Modest serene grace Tri-attack Togepi and finally get it's friendship up and the result is it's ability changes to the worthless hustle! I need help is there anything I can do?(I posted this under 4th gen and got no response so I'm trying here maybe the ability wouldn't change if you send it gen 5?(utterly hopes)

Nope, theres nothing you can do about it other than get another one. (easier said than done, eh?)
If I recall right, the reason why your Pokemon's ability change after evolving is because of this little number that is randomly pick. Depending on the number the Pokemon will have ability 1 or 2, but since this Tri-Attack Togepi comes from a game that theres only 1 ability this is ignored. Now when you sent that Pokemon to the newer games it will take effect because that number is still the same and when the Pokemon evolves it will take effect and change it. This is why your Togepi's ability change and should have the same effect in Black/White.

...this is what I remember from reading Bulbapedia and don't feel like rechecking.

Status
Not open for further replies.