• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canto

Only male Pokemon can pass moves, female determines species (and may pass Dream World abilities if she has one). So you'll only get the move from the male (Skitty, in this case).

A recommend Smeargle, same egg group as Eevee, and it's Sketch can get any move you want to pass (just make sure Smeargle's male).

EDIT: The best way to make sure Sketch gets the right moves is to get into a double battle and have it use Sketch on your Pokemon after it makes the move you want. Example: Your male Smeargle uses Sketch on Eevee after Eevee uses Curse. Smeargle now knows Curse. Level up or Heart Scale to learn Sketch again, then use it on Skitty's Wish. Smeargle now knows Curse and Wish. Breed Smeargle with Eevee, and the offspring will know both moves.

Aww snap. All right, Smeargle it is then. Thanks!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
What is the best pokemon to catch dittos, or any other, high level. I'm trying to Japanese ditto farm for trades and shiny breeding. But I'm going thru tons of balls to do so. Was thinking parasect with spore and false swipe? Absol with thunder wave false swipe? Anyway all of those are a big pain in the butt to get it seems.

If you own a 4th Generation game, you can find a Ditto on there. To catch it, simply switch a Magikarp into it Turn 1, then throw either a Dusk Ball or a Repeat Ball. Ditto will copy Magikarp's catch rate on those games, so that should work.

cantab

A paralyzed Ditto at full HP has a decent chance of capture with a Dusk Ball. I think it's over 75%, it's certainly over 50. Often the first one gets it, or else it takes two or three. Of course once in a while there's a stubborn one. If you must catch in the day then I believe Repeat Balls are your best alternative.

So I just have my Sychroniser (an Elgyem) know only Thunder Wave. That way the Dittos can't hurt me (until they Struggle, but most are caught first).

kadaju

ah perfect, magicarp hold the item that lets it run away 100% from battles (so he doesnt get owned by the very common lvl 50 clefables) have ditto transform, switch out and fury swipe the crap out of him. sounds good. thanks all. still gonna get me that parasect if i can, magi turn 1, switch in to paras for spore swipes

cantab

Not really sure where the best place to ask this is: do people on Serebii trading normally consider cloning legit?

(BTW, the Magikarps I'm currently offering aren't cloned, they're ones from my breeding that I decided not to use myself.)

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
Not really sure where the best place to ask this is: do people on Serebii trading normally consider cloning legit?

(BTW, the Magikarps I'm currently offering aren't cloned, they're ones from my breeding that I decided not to use myself.)

Some people are alright with it while others are not. Basically if you want to trade something that has been cloned, you should make note of it so the person is aware.

But as far as I've noticed there is no official "no-cloning" rule when it comes to trading.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Some people are alright with it while others are not. Basically if you want to trade something that has been cloned, you should make note of it so the person is aware.

But as far as I've noticed there is no official "no-cloning" rule when it comes to trading.

Or you could just not tell them and they'll never know unless you give them more than one of the same clone.

I found a shiny Jigglypuff in the wild, what do I do to find my secret ID?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53990

Leala

Old School Trainer
How do I NOT have a SINGLE inhabitant in my Black City? I got there after beating the Pokemon league and there's not a soul in the city ( besides some backpacker in the Pokemon Center). As far as I understood as long as you don't fiddle around with the clock when you beat the Pokemon League you SHOULD have at least SOME people in your city. I don't even have a single building I can do into. I really have NOOO idea what's up with this. Any suggestions?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
How do I NOT have a SINGLE inhabitant in my Black City? I got there after beating the Pokemon league and there's not a soul in the city ( besides some backpacker in the Pokemon Center). As far as I understood as long as you don't fiddle around with the clock when you beat the Pokemon League you SHOULD have at least SOME people in your city. I don't even have a single building I can do into. I really have NOOO idea what's up with this. Any suggestions?

How long did you take to get there from starting your game?

Leala

Old School Trainer
How long did you take to get there from starting your game?
Probably something like 60 hours or more. My current time put into the game is: 87:55. I beat the Elite 4 like a week and a half ago and when I got to Black City NOBODY was there o.o.
It's also at the lowest level of development

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
Where is the person who asks you what your favorite pokemon is and it appears on your Wi-Fi profile and where s the person that changes your quote on your Trainer Card?

Nakashima

Probably something like 60 hours or more. My current time put into the game is: 87:55. I beat the Elite 4 like a week and a half ago and when I got to Black City NOBODY was there o.o.
It's also at the lowest level of development

It goes by days, not by hours, how many days did you take?
I got the same problem with my black city, i took about a week and a half and there were only a few trainers left..

Leala

Old School Trainer
It goes by days, not by hours, how many days did you take?
I got the same problem with my black city, i took about a week and a half and there were only a few trainers left..
Well lets see. Whenever Pokemon came out in North America till last week. So like a month and a half. But as far as I knew it was the longer it took the more people would be there when you got there?

Swedish

Ok, did buy white a while ago and im in the freaking big city and I really want the dark pokemon zorua... how do i get it? what do i need to do?

Nakashima

Leala said:
Well lets see. Whenever Pokemon came out in North America till last week. So like a month and a half. But as far as I knew it was the longer it took the more people would be there when you got there?

Nope thats not how it works, the longer you take the more people leave.
Its based on points i believe. They lost points every day, and the only way to keep them is to battle them every day, as that gives them points. Having that in mind, taking a month and a half to get to them will have them all having lost too many points to stay.

Leala

Old School Trainer
Ok, did buy white a while ago and im in the freaking big city and I really want the dark pokemon zorua... how do i get it? what do i need to do?
The only way to get Zorua is if you have transferred Celebi over from HG/SS then talk to the girl in one of the buildings who is reading a story to what seems to be a lost child.

Swedish

The only way to get Zorua is if you have transferred Celebi over from HG/SS then talk to the girl in one of the buildings who is reading a story to what seems to be a lost child.

Darn, how do i get a celebi? :(
btw, i do own a HG

Leala

Old School Trainer
Nope thats not how it works, the longer you take the more people leave.
Its based on points i believe. They lost points every day, and the only way to keep them is to battle them every day, as that gives them points. Having that in mind, taking a month and a half to get to them will have them all having lost too many points to stay.

Well that sucks. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.