• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonT

No item can remove abilities. A number of moves can, as can the ability Mummy. Skill Swap is I believe the only way for a Pokemon to lose its own ability without help, but I'm pretty sure everything that learns Skill Swap benefits from its ability to some extent.

is there any kind of berrys?

cantab

No

(I assume you're trying to get Truant off Slaking. In which case, know that Worry Seed, Simple Beam, and Entrainment don't work on a Pokemon with Truant. Only Skill Swap or Gastro Acid will get rid of it.)

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
If I move tutor Ominous Wind onto a male Finneon in Gen 4, will that Finneon be able to pass the move onto offspring in Gen 5?

epicmonster037

You know the new breeding capabilities (raises chances of natures with Everstone, and certain IVs by using the power items)? Well, I read somewhere that it only works if both Pokemon are from the same region. So, for instance, if I breed a male Gastly with really good IVs in Platimum, HG or SS (or Diamond or Pearl for that matter), I can't transfer it to Black or White to breed with a female Litwick to attempt to get good IVs for a new one?

M-Dub

Μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω ᾿Αχιλῆος
You know the new breeding capabilities (raises chances of natures with Everstone, and certain IVs by using the power items)? Well, I read somewhere that it only works if both Pokemon are from the same region. So, for instance, if I breed a male Gastly with really good IVs in Platimum, HG or SS (or Diamond or Pearl for that matter), I can't transfer it to Black or White to breed with a female Litwick to attempt to get good IVs for a new one?
I think what they mean by 'region' is the region you get the game from. ie a Modest Japanese Ditto holding an Everstone will not have the 50% chance of passing its nature down to its offspring if you breed it with an American Zweilous. Pretty sure that's how it goes.

Larry

I think what they mean by 'region' is the region you get the game from. ie a Modest Japanese Ditto holding an Everstone will not have the 50% chance of passing its nature down to its offspring if you breed it with an American Zweilous. Pretty sure that's how it goes.

I thought that was only gen 4.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
In the eeveelution game, if you are allowed to play it again then you did not save your eeveelution right?

epicmonster037

So the answer to my question is yes, I can breed something in a Gen 4 game and transfer it to Black or White and attempt to easily IV breed with it?

Leala

Old School Trainer
In the eeveelution game, if you are allowed to play it again then you did not save your eeveelution right?

As far as I know you can play it as many times as you like. After you get your Eeveelution it's just for fun and Trainer Tokens.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Does Australian Ditto's count as English?

I want to breed their natures down, but I don't know if it'll work.

gatesy0093

hello, i have restarted my team and was just wondering what the best overall Water type is? i have Lapras or Kingler in mind, but throw some ideas at me :D

StrangeBreed

Dumb question I am sure but does anyone have any clue on how Mandibuzz learns Bone Rush? Its move set says it learns it at level 51 but it doesnt evolve from Vullaby till level 54 and cant be caught in the wild below level 58. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gatesy0093

Dumb question I am sure but does anyone have any clue on how Mandibuzz learns Bone Rush? Its move set says it learns it at level 51 but it doesnt evolve from Vullaby till level 54 and cant be caught in the wild below level 58. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

no idea, but try using the move tutor :)

PokemonOwn

hello, i have restarted my team and was just wondering what the best overall Water type is? i have Lapras or Kingler in mind, but throw some ideas at me :D

Depends if you like using Legends. Personally, I'd use Politoad.

Anybody found EV lowering berries in DW yet?

Yes, some people have found them. Me, not being one of them :p

Does Australian Ditto's count as English?

I want to breed their natures down, but I don't know if it'll work.

Yes, they count as English.

Move Relearner in Mistralton City.

Vodka Haze

I have 2 Questions concerning the DW:
1. Whenever I try to go into the DW, it keeps loading but stays at 0%. How do I solve this problem?
2. If I were to breed a Female Garbodor with Aftermath with a Male Garbodor with Stench/Weak Armor, would I get a Trubbish with Aftermath?

It really depends on what you want your Water Pokemon to be. Do you want it really bulky? Swampert and Jellicent are good pokemon. Good sweeper? Octillery (in trick room) and Cloyster are good options. You might need to be more specific.

Alex048

Master of the Mind
I just recently replayed Sapphire, and I noticed that the sprites in this game appear far more pixellated than the sprites in the 3rd generation. I'm currently playing on the first DS model, and I wonder if this was a design decision or if my hardware is becoming defunct.​

Edit- To the above: There is a 50% chance or so of the Trubbish having Aftermath.

I just recently replayed Sapphire, and I noticed that the sprites in this game appear far more pixellated than the sprites in the 3rd generation. I'm currently playing on the first DS model, and I wonder if this was a design decision or if my hardware is becoming defunct.​
It's a design decision. A big flaw with this game graphics wise is how pixellated the back sprites look

Status
Not open for further replies.