• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sea_boy21

has anyone maybe got a firestone? i can give you 3 thunderstones for 1
(dunno where i should post)

Yang_Wolf

A Foongus Amoongus!
I have another question... In pokemon Diamond and Pearl and Platinum there was a pokeradar that could easily get you shiny pokemon by chaining.

Well, Besides the Madsuda method or RNGing, is there any easy way to get shiny pokemon like with chaining?
Those are the only two ways in Black in White. However, I think that the shiny encounter rate has increased in Pokemon B&W. My sister got a shiny Zebstrika on her first encounter, and a friend got a shiny Tynamo on her second encounter. Maybe you'll be lucky.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
However, I think that the shiny encounter rate has increased in Pokemon B&W.

The only shiny aspect that has changed in BW is that the chances of hatching a shiny offspring using the Masuda Method has gone up.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Darn. I was hoping I could easily get a shiny like in Pearl.

But before I go back to pearl to do chains, how do you do the Madsuda method? I may do it if it isn't hard to start (As in trading pokemon or messing with Binary)

Breeding a foreign Pokemon with a non-foreign Pokemon results in a 1/1365 chance of breeding a shiny Pokemon, or 6/8192.

Zypha

more of confriming things for myself. If i want to keep a move for a pokemon i captured and send it to the day care do i place the move at the top or bottom? Cause im getting confused.

Piemonster24

Americus Heracrosius
more of confriming things for myself. If i want to keep a move for a pokemon i captured and send it to the day care do i place the move at the top or bottom? Cause im getting confused.

I'm pretty sure the day-care targets TMs first, then the oldest (earliest learned) move. If you have a valuable move, do not use the daycare.

Chimecho3000

Place it at the bottom.

@above poster: That's not how it works. When a new move is learnt in the daycare, it is placed at the bottom of the movelist which bumps up the rest knocking out the top one.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Moves are deleted from the top down, as they are on wild Pokemon. Move the move to the bottom of the list. HM moves can be deleted in this manner.

Note that the game doesn't register that the move has been deleted until it is removed from Day Care.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have a question about Black City and White Forest.

If you were totally deprived of trainers in the former, and had no wild Pokemon in the latter, can you redeem the two games if you hook them up together? Or does it have to be a complimentary version that actually has something?

Rakurai

There will always be residents in the Entralink version of someone's White Forest/Black City, regardless of whether or not they have any in their actual game.

DarumakkaImposter

I have a question about Black City and White Forest.

If you were totally deprived of trainers in the former, and had no wild Pokemon in the latter, can you redeem the two games if you hook them up together? Or does it have to be a complimentary version that actually has something?

i hooked uo my white and black and i didnt even colmpete black yet but i did complete white and when i did missions i was able to talk to people in my black forest even though i didnt get that far yet

BenjaminBattington

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have an American Pokemon Black, an English Pokemon White and a full set of Japanese Crown Beasts (Quite the set-up, I know.)

My question is, will the Crown Beasts activate the Zoroark event in my Black and/or White? If yes, will they work in one and not the other? If neither, who should I kill first?

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have an American Pokemon Black, an English Pokemon White and a full set of Japanese Crown Beasts (Quite the set-up, I know.)

My question is, will the Crown Beasts activate the Zoroark event in my Black and/or White? If yes, will they work in one and not the other? If neither, who should I kill first?

I think neither. I could be wrong though. But I'm pretty sure it's neither.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
I got a question.

The technician abillity boosts attacks below 60 power.
The base power of Acrobatics is 55,

So.. will this mean that if the pokemon doens't hold a item,
Acrobatics attack doubles and gains a boost from the Technician abillity?

Thanks.

Ultimate Glalie

I got a question.

The technician abillity boosts attacks below 60 power.
The base power of Acrobatics is 55,

So.. will this mean that if the pokemon doens't hold a item,
Acrobatics attack doubles and gains a boost from the Technician abillity?

Thanks.
No, Acrobatics won't get the Technician boost.

Vodka Haze

How do I get a Woobat or a Trubbish with their DW abilities? I'm not sure since I don't think you can catch them in the DW just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.