• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
I have better things to do on my Pokemon games than spend hours searching for Wings, like hunting random encounter shinies, or fishing for shiny Jolly Lv. 100 Magikarp in the Resort Area with flawless IVs.

But having 9999999 of every item should be a dream :eek: including wings :)

Why? Just because I can XD

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Stats are recalculated at the end of every battle in BW. So if a Pokemon that is at Lv. 100 gets enough EVs to gain an extra stat point from a battle, its stat will increase by 1 straight away, without putting the Pokemon in the PC.
This is true, but I was under the impression that you can only gain EVs if you gain EXP. So you can EV train at level 100, but only agonisingly slowly with Wings...

Or has someone actually tested whether you can gain EVs at level 100 from battling?

Mister_SGG

This is true, but I was under the impression that you can only gain EVs if you gain EXP. So you can EV train at level 100, but only agonisingly slowly with Wings...

Or has someone actually tested whether you can gain EVs at level 100 from battling?

As of the 5th generation, you can, but wouldn't it be preferable to EV train at a lower level...?

What are the exact odds of breeding a DW ability? Because I've bred 15 Nidoran from a NidoranF and none of them have Hustle.

Are you using a Nidoran to breed with your NidoranF? Otherwise there is no way to get Nidorans with DW ability. If you are using a Nidoran then the odds are 40%.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Are you using a Nidoran to breed with your NidoranF? Otherwise there is no way to get Nidorans with DW ability. If you are using a Nidoran then the odds are 40%.

Wait, so I have to breed a NidoranF and a NidoranM to get the DW ability? Dammit, why doesn't Serebii tell us these things?

taytay

is it me or is the free mode on random match really busy and the rating mode really not busy?

i waited thirty minutes for 1 battle!

silicon

Swordsman
Yeah to pass down a DW ability, you have to breed the female with a male of the same pokemon. So DW Nidoran F to any Nidoran M.

Wait, this is different from any information I've seen thus far. All information I find is that only when a ditto is the other parent that a hidden ability can't be passed on. I'll have to test this myself soon....

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
is using a lvl 1 pokemon legal in wifi?

yeah. itll let you do it. but anyone will be onto you and know youre using endeavor. if i saw that i'd bring in a ghost for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.