• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy09

Well, I don't have much space in my party and it'll be a pain to raise a Pokemon all the way to level 100. My team isn't even at 100 yet...

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
Well, I don't have much space in my party and it'll be a pain to raise a Pokemon all the way to level 100. My team isn't even at 100 yet...
Lol, you could stuff a lillipup in the daycare, then run around in the circular battle subway for a couple hours ^^

piggy09

Oh, yeah, that could work. Herp derp derp. Seems like it would cost a lot of money, though...any way to make money fast?

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
Oh, yeah, that could work. Herp derp derp. Seems like it would cost a lot of money, though...any way to make money fast?

Pokemon league / Nimbasa City trainers...

Red421

Uses Ubers
anyone happen to know exactly how much difference EVs make at low levels or like the like?

edit: and on topic does the pick-up pokemon have to be in the front? pick-up sounds useful

piggy09

Let's say, hypothetically, that my Pokemon aren't at that level yet. Any other way to earn $$$?

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Can someone help me decide lol?
I can't decide between a Dusclops holding and Eviolite or a Dusknoir

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
Let's say, hypothetically, that my Pokemon aren't at that level yet. Any other way to earn $$$?

Only by battling loads of normal trainers till you get to the pokemon league.

Really though tbh, the daycare only charge you 100 per level.

Strawberry Mint

Dancer in the Dark

If you haven't done so already, you could sell the treasures from the ruins in Undella Bay to the collector in the mansion, if you've progressed that far. Some of them sell for very high prices.

Also Pokemon League with an Amulet Coin.

projectaumaan

anyone happen to know exactly how much difference EVs make at low levels or like the like?

edit: and on topic does the pick-up pokemon have to be in the front? pick-up sounds useful

EV training is most effective at higher levels. And the Pickup ability doesn't need to be in the front of the party.

Can someone help me decide lol?
I can't decide between a Dusclops holding and Eviolite or a Dusknoir

You're asking for an opinion. In that vein, I'd go with Dusknoir. But the Eviolite is a pretty useful item. It's all up to you. What are you trying to do with it?

Red421

Uses Ubers
completely un-leveled? you can make an easy 25k if you've beaten either the 3rd or 4th gym. not sure if just beating the third will do or not. but right past nimbasa city to the west is a cook inside a trailer ...give her a balm mushroom found just past striaton city ...either use dowsing machine or head left in the little courtyard just past the city got to the left of the little covering thing and above the northernmost hedge inside the courtyard is the mushroom.

if you're further along say giant chasm along there's a comet shard which goes for 60k ...need strength inside the first cave there to get it.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I was thinking of going defensive with one attack lol
*never used it*Can you really see the difference with the item equipped?

shadowdorothy

does masuda method work in this generation? and if so can IV's be based when breeding 4th gen and 5th gen pokes?

Red421

Uses Ubers
when using a power item to breed the IVs, the 'specified IVs' are guaranteed to be passed down, right?

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
when using a power item to breed the IVs, the 'specified IVs' are guaranteed to be passed down, right?

yes.
however, if you use an item on each parent, they arent guaranteed to pass. the game picks one randomly, and you have a maybe 1/5 chance of getting both.

Red421

Uses Ubers
yes.
however, if you use an item on each parent, they arent guaranteed to pass. the game picks one randomly, and you have a maybe 1/5 chance of getting both.
no kidding? damn. may just opt for IV and nature then =\ thanks! thank you Hydrohs for answering my question as well! =)

Ixin

does prankster ability only raise status category moves by one? I thought it gave them auto priority (+1 priority that is). Prankster murkrow with whirlwind combined with stealth rock and other entry hazards would be powerful if whirlwind became priority.

Ultimate Glalie

does prankster ability only raise status category moves by one? I thought it gave them auto priority (+1 priority that is). Prankster murkrow with whirlwind combined with stealth rock and other entry hazards would be powerful if whirlwind became priority.
Prankster raises the priority of all non-attacking moves by 1. Since Whirlwind has a priority of -6, its priority would be boosted to -5.

Status
Not open for further replies.