• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The mayor(?) I think in Black City is talking about Greed and how I need to fight 10 trainers outside to get a reward. Problem is I can't find 10 people, only 7. Coincidentally, when I entralink to my White Forest there are 3 people there, but they won't go with me to Black City. Any idea why?

You already have those people.

Easter Egg

i haz gud grammer
Is Tepig a bad starter because Darmanitan and Chandelure are better than it? (At least most people think they are,)
And are there any more tips on which starter I should choose? (Mostly between Tepig and Oshawott)

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Is Tepig a bad starter because Darmanitan and Chandelure are better than it? (At least most people think they are,)
And are there any more tips on which starter I should choose?

It's better than Snivy.

Go with whatever starter you want to use.

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
Starters decide the difficulty of the game Snivy is the hardest as its stats are the worst, oshawott is medium because its average and tepig is the easiest because it has high offensive and defensive power

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Starters decide the difficulty of the game Snivy is the hardest as its stats are the worst, oshawott is medium because its average and tepig is the easiest because it has high offensive and defensive power

Snivy's stats aren't 'the worst' it's just more of a defensive Pokemon. I'm going through Black with Snivy right now, and haven't found it any more difficult than going through White with Tepig.

chadrizar

ferrothorn is quite simply my personal favourite defensive pokemon of all time :) its only got 2 weaknesses (fighting 2x, and fire 4x), a load of resistances, is immune to poison and can benefit from paralysis (if you run gyro ball)
Mine knows leech seed, substitute, power whip and gyro ball and holds leftovers. I can get most of the way through the standard line battle subway just using him, until a fire or fighting type emerges where I have to switch.

So yeah... biased as I am through personal experience, ferrothorn rules :)

Ok, I guess I'll start raising one later...

TheMaster327

With the Masuda Method, does attaching a Power Item to one of the parents negate the Masuda effect? I'm trying to hatch a shiny male Mankey with a 31 Defense IV, with Anger Point. I hatched a female shiny weeks ago, but that was without a parent holding a Power Item... Now I have a Power Belt on one of the parents, it seems to be taking ages!

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
With the Masuda Method, does attaching a Power Item to one of the parents negate the Masuda effect? I'm trying to hatch a shiny male Mankey with a 31 Defense IV, with Anger Point. I hatched a female shiny weeks ago, but that was without a parent holding a Power Item... Now I have a Power Belt on one of the parents, it seems to be taking ages!
No it doesn't negate it, you've just been unlucky but if you persist you will get an egg

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Is there a way to check how many trades I've done? Also, where can I trade for Munchlax in the game?

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Is there a way to check how many trades I've done? Also, where can I trade for Munchlax in the game?
Go to your trainer card flip it over then you can scroll the text until you get to Trades. Muchlax can be found in Undella Town in the summer in the house closest to the big villa

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Cheers guys!

1300 trades exactly! :D

Dark-Paladin-Duelist

Hey guys, finally starting to get a competitive team trained up. I just have one question.

Where does one find the Macho Brace? The main site lists that its in Nimbasa City, but it doesn't give any details and I can't seem to find it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hey guys, finally starting to get a competitive team trained up. I just have one question.

Where does one find the Macho Brace? The main site lists that its in Nimbasa City, but it doesn't give any details and I can't seem to find it.

Talk to the Baseball player inside the gate leading to Route 16, and he'll give you the Macho Brace.

Radlin

He Returns.
Actually, Tepig has low Defense, Sp. Defense and Speed, so it may not be the easiest. Oshawott's stats are in the middle of Snivy and Tepig, so therefore making it the most choosen starter according to my friends and a forum. But choosing a starter isn't based on just stats to everyone. Like me, I originally choose it because it's so cute, and I love water starters.

piggy09

Any good competitive Grass types besides Whimsicott and Ferrothorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.