• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easter Egg

i haz gud grammer
Competitively or in-game? Shadow Ball is a near-must, but you could also use a Will-O-Wisp and Hex combo. Flamethrower should be added, too.

It's for Ingame. Should I replace Flame Burst for Flamethrower?

aquasuicune

What's a good movesset for Chandelure? I found a Dusk Stone in Mistarlon Cave and evolved my Lampent. It's moveset right now is Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, and Imprison. It's nature is Modest, and it has Flash Fire.

My favorite is Flamethrower (Fire Blast), Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Energy Ball. Flamethrower and Shadow Ball are essential STABs, and Fire Blast is tremendously powerful. A STAB Fire Blast is actually just as strong as a super effective Psychic (and consequently stronger than an SE Energy Ball)! Energy Ball is primarily for Water-types, who resist the power of your main Fire attack. Psychic, though iffy when run with Fire Blast, is useful for its higher accuracy and PP.

Easter Egg

i haz gud grammer
Are there any good Pokemon to add to my team? Or should I replace any?
I have: Mild Samurott, Modest Chandelure, Quirky Sigilyph, and Rash Lilligant.
I am in Icirrus City, any good Pokemon at Dragonspiral Tower? Meinfoo?

Kalosian

So long
Are there any good Pokemon to add to my team? Or should I replace any?
I have: Mild Samurott, Modest Chandelure, Quirky Sigilyph, and Rash Lilligant.
I am in Icirrus City, any good Pokemon at Dragonspiral Tower? Meinfoo?
You could use a Physical attacker or two as your current team has many special attackers. Mienshao works great, you could also try things like Haxorus or Druddigon if you want to.

waternate

What's a good movesset for Chandelure? I found a Dusk Stone in Mistarlon Cave and evolved my Lampent. It's moveset right now is Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, and Imprison. It's nature is Modest, and it has Flash Fire.

Definitely drop Flame Burst for Flame thrower. Hex and Will-o-wisp is a pretty decent combination, final move should probably be energy ball for type converage

Do DW pokemon disappear?

Would moving my pokemon to the deepest clearing set the IV's, or would they still be generated anew each time?

From what the lady in entralink says, it seems they might disappear if left in the first clearing, I really don't wanna lose my DW Vaporeon. I have no rare candies, so it's kinda hard to check the IV's until I get further into the game again.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
It's worth noting that you can't get Flamethrower until after you defeat the Elite Four for the first time, so Fire Blast would be the more practical choice until then.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Yes, Pawniard has excellent attack and typing. You can also go for a Duosion so you can get a Reuniclus.

Accipitri

Space relic
You could also go to the route north of Opelucid and get Bouffalant and either Rufflet or Vullaby, depending on your game. Bouffalant and Braviary have good attack and Mandibuzz has great HP, Defense, and Special Defense.

BCVM22

Would Pawniard be a good Pokemon? I just got to Opelucid City, are there any other good Pokemon?

I tried raising one once, and I found I soured on it a bit after putting it through its paces.

Bisharp has great Attack and good Defense, an intriguing type combo and a reasonably diverse moveset going for it (particularly if you breed Psycho Cut onto one), but the rest are nothing to write home about and I found that mine, at least, couldn't take hits quite as well as the numbers might suggest.

You could do a lot worse, particularly in-game and particularly late in-game where STAB Steel and Dark attacks backed by that great Attack stat will serve you well, but you likely won't be blown away.

BCVM22

Whichever one of Throh/Sawk your game has in abundance wouldn't be a terrible choice. Throh has immense HP, great Attack and workable defenses; Sawk doesn't have Throh's HP, but it's a ton faster and has even higher Attack. I'm very partial to Throh myself, as the squat brute of a tank that can do very good work in a lineup.

Mewloticfree

I like Mews:3
You could use a Haxorus :3 He's a great physical attacker. Gigalith as well, but he's incredibly slow. Another one is Archeops. You'd have to get a fossil from Desert Resort at level 25 but it's worth training :)

cashuin

Question about Black City-help!

Aloha all,
Pokemon Black-well I had not played in quite some time and when I went to black city, I only had 3 people instead of my usual 9. Anyone else have this happen to them? Why did they disappear? It isn't my fault that I was unable to play for 3 weeks-honest :)
Mahalo!

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Aloha all,
Pokemon Black-well I had not played in quite some time and when I went to black city, I only had 3 people instead of my usual 9. Anyone else have this happen to them? Why did they disappear? It isn't my fault that I was unable to play for 3 weeks-honest :)
Mahalo!

It happened because you didn't visit your Black City. The only way to get them back is to visit someone's White Forest and recruit people from there.

Radlin

He Returns.
Aloha all,
Mahalo!
It's because each person has points for how long they get to stay. Once the point count reaches 0, they'll dissapear. You must use the Entralink from certain White Games to get them back.

piggy09

I'm planning a Subway Team. So far I have Crobat and Gastrodon. The two seem to support each other excellently - what would be a good third?

Status
Not open for further replies.