• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

redblueyellow

If you are EV training a level 1 pokemon with pokerus and you battle a pokemon that gives it 2 EVs (4 with pokerus) in a certain category, but makes your pokemon level up to level 4, will the EVs count for only 4, or 4 for each level? Also, if I the pokemon were to be giving 1 EV (2 with pokerus) and it gains multiple levels, will those not count because they don't equal 4, or does it just have to be in increments of 4 in the long run?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
If you are EV training a level 1 pokemon with pokerus and you battle a pokemon that gives it 2 EVs (4 with pokerus) in a certain category, but makes your pokemon level up to level 4, will the EVs count for only 4, or 4 for each level? Also, if I the pokemon were to be giving 1 EV (2 with pokerus) and it gains multiple levels, will those not count because they don't equal 4, or does it just have to be in increments of 4 in the long run?

None of that matters. All the EVs will count, it doesn't matter when you get them.

Timberland

Kecleon Inc.
With a power bracer and pokerus how many 1 ev pokemon do i need to kill? to max out atk ev's

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
^With Pokerus and Power Bracer, you get 10 EV's per 1 Attack EV pokemon, so you need to beat 25-26. If you use 10 Protiens before you begin training, you only need to beat 15-16.

Should I use Scrafty or Mienshao?

They're both great pokemon, but if you already have your Jolly Mienfoo, train that.

If you want speed give Mienshao a try, but if its low defenses worry you, use Scrafty, who has nice bulk, and access to Dragon Dance.

Last edited:

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Should I use Scrafty or Mienshao?

They function in very different ways, so it all depends on what you need. I use Scrafty with Dragon Dance, which is just ridiculous in-game (it ripped through Cynthia's whole team when it was about 10 levels lower than them). I think it would also do well with bulk up, seeing how bulky it really is. Mienshao is cool, awesome design in my opinion, and a pretty great attack stat it can use with for example the U-turn regenerator combo. Works well with life orb, but it can also use Acrobatics and the flight jem.
I personally use and love both of them^^
;140;

gatesy0093

right, what the the EV checker say when a pokes EV's have been maxed out?

gatesy0093

Psypert

Whats a good move set for a competitive physical charizard?
I was thinking Adamant w/ life orb
Substitute
Belly Drum
Flare Blitz
Outrage
thoughts?

substitue, belly drum are an effective combo but with life orb and flare blits you probably are not lating more than one attack, I suggest trying to go for salac berry(If you got it) and change flare blitz for other move, oturage makes the fire dragon combo but it may make you lose as it gets you locked I would change it for eartquake

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Hello there. I have Pokemon Black Version. My very first real pokemon game. I was wondering if you can help me with these pokemon of mine.

Gothitelle
Nature: Modest
Personality: Likes to thrash about.
LV: 71 (currently)

HP: 202/ ATK: 114/ DEF: 164/ Sp. ATK:163 /SP. DEF: 171/ Speed: 149

Moveset

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Heal Block

Ability: Frisk

Note: I have her to remember Heal Block move just in case the foe's pokemon uses the healing moves like Rest,Drain Punch,and Recover. And to stop my opponent from using leftovers.

Sableye
Nature: Relaxed
Personality: Likes to relax
LV: 57

HP: 152/ ATK: 103/ DEF: 124/ Sp. Atk: 81/ Sp. Def: 87/ Speed: 79

Moveset

Shadow Ball
Foul Play
Zen Headbutt
Confuse Ray

Ability: Stall

Note: I just caught him yesterday.

Let me know if there needs some improvements,or there needs to be fixed. Thank you.

Last edited:

TDawg

substitue, belly drum are an effective combo but with life orb and flare blits you probably are not lating more than one attack, I suggest trying to go for salac berry(If you got it) and change flare blitz for other move, oturage makes the fire dragon combo but it may make you lose as it gets you locked I would change it for eartquake

Okay thanx it makes sense but no STAB moves? Do you have a whole moveset suggestion for a physical charizard?

Psypert

Hello there. I have Pokemon Black Version. My very first real pokemon game. I was wondering if you can help me with these pokemon of mine.

Gothitelle
Nature: Modest
Personality: Likes to thrash about.
LV: 71 (currently)

HP: 202/ ATK: 114/ DEF: 164/ Sp. ATK:163 /SP. DEF: 171/ Speed: 149

Moveset

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Heal Block

Ability: Frisk

Note: I have her to remember Heal Block move just in case the foe's pokemon uses the healing moves like Rest,Drain Punch,and Recover. And to stop my opponent from using leftovers.

Sableye
Nature: Relaxed
Personality: Likes to relax
LV: 57

HP: 152/ ATK: 103/ DEF: 124/ Sp. Atk: 81/ Sp. Def: 87/ Speed: 79

Moveset

Shadow Ball
Foul Play
Zen Headbutt
Confuse Ray

Ability: Stall

Note: I just caught him yesterday.

Let me know if there needs some improvements,or there needs to be fixed. Thank you.

As a In-Game team there is not to much perfection that you need but there is something I need to point, sableye´s ability will make him always go last so take in mind that, all the other thing are well.

Okay thanx it makes sense but no STAB moves? Do you have a whole moveset suggestion for a physical charizard?

when I said change flare biltz I meant for another fire move say fire punch or fire fang, the idea is not killing youself with recoil, and you have max attack thanks to belly drum you should kill anything in one hit

Status
Not open for further replies.