• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I can't seem to encounter Thundurus, I go to the stormy area and use a Super Repel, run around in the grass, but I don't encounter him. How can I encounter him?

I would say just keep doing what you're doing. Just make sure that the first Pokemon in your party isn't higher levelled than Thundurus is, so the repel won't keep him away.

Easter Egg

i haz gud grammer
If you reset your game without saving after you catch Thundurus, can you find him again with a different nature?

TheNetGuy

Route 1 Trainer
If you reset your game without saving after you catch Thundurus, can you find him again with a different nature?

No. I tried. :( (well, I tried again and again on the same spot each time, so, dunno. :-/

btw, you said you couldn't find him and someone gave you a solution (that never occured to me), but another option is just not to use a repel at all, then you can still use a high-leveled pokemon to catch him.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
btw, you said you couldn't find him and someone gave you a solution (that never occured to me), but another option is just not to use a repel at all, then you can still use a high-leveled pokemon to catch him.

Except that doesn't guaruntee you encounter him.

Honestly, you should just use Scarf Spore on the first encounter, and then Scarf False Swipe on all the next.

TheNetGuy

Route 1 Trainer
i have the event legendary dogs (which activates the zoroark event) on my pokémon white game. would i be able to trade them over the pokémon black and still be able to activate the event or do they have to be done through that special way of transferring pokémon?

There's a way to transport only event pokemon, without the mini-game thingy. I don't think that you have to, though.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism

It is possible, but you have to save in the house before you see Thundurus/Tornadus flying away.

I also have my own question. Is it possible for abilities to change when transfering from 4th Gen to 5th Gen (example would be transfering a hustle Togetic from 4th Gen then evolving it in 5th Gen and having the ability change to Serene Grace)?

Aegon

I also have my own question. Is it possible for abilities to change when transfering from 4th Gen to 5th Gen (example would be transfering a hustle Togetic from 4th Gen then evolving it in 5th Gen and having the ability change to Serene Grace)?
No, nothing about the Pokémon changes. It'll still have Hustle when you transfer it to Black and White.

TheNetGuy

Route 1 Trainer

I don't think so, unless that ability doesn't exist for the certain pokemon in the new game, and I'm pretty sure the togetic would still have hustle.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
I don't think so, unless that ability doesn't exist for the certain pokemon in the new game, and I'm pretty sure the togetic would still have hustle.

The Togepi had Serene Grace back in Gen III but when I transfered it to Gen IV and evolved it, the ability changed to Hustle and I was wondering if there was a chance it could change back.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The Togepi had Serene Grace back in Gen III but when I transfered it to Gen IV and evolved it, the ability changed to Hustle and I was wondering if there was a chance it could change back.

You can't change your Pokemon's abilities in any way not called evolution.

TheNetGuy

Route 1 Trainer
You can't change your Pokemon's abilities in any way not called evolution.

Yeah, but shouldn't the pokemon keep the ability when it evolves if its parent also has it? The whole togepi family have both serene grace and hustle.

Status
Not open for further replies.