• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

www500

WWW500
Are you sure? If you had a Timid Butterfree with a perfect 31 IV points, and it were EV trained for 252 Speed EV Points, then it would get 159 + 69 + 31, or 259, Speed at level 100. According to the Pokedex's Max possible stat, it should be 262. Is there an error there?

I'm sorry, but I thought I had just had an epiphany, so now I'm confused again. :/

BadWolf Churchill

Mr Prime Minister
Nature boosts apply to the Pokemon's base stat, and is independent of any EV's or IV's.
A pokemon with, for example, 200 speed at level 100 will have the speed boosted to 220 with timid. 252 EV's will then add 63 and the IV boost will then be applied.

www500

WWW500
Okay, let's do that with a Timid Butterfree. The neutral minimal stat is 145, so we multiply that by 1.1, right? That would give use 159.5 (I assume we round down?), right? Then, if it acts independently, we would add 63 and 31 (if it were perfect) to that 159, and that would give us 253. That's still different from what the Pokedex says.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to understand this. I'm worried this is coming across the wrong way.

Last edited:

BadWolf Churchill

Mr Prime Minister
I just did the calculations and it seems that timid multiplies base stat, EV's and IV's by 1.1. 145 times 1.1 + (63 times 1.1) + (31 times 1.1) = 262.9. This would be rounded down to 262, like the Pokedex says. You learn something new every day.

www500

WWW500
Thank you for helping me clear that up! I'm trying to figure out all this stuff and plan a possible competitive team for the first time. I really appreciate your help!

BadWolf Churchill

Mr Prime Minister
No worries, I learned something new as well.
I had always just bred for nature and IV's and then EV trained, and once I got the same number as the Pokedex I was done.

Icing Sugar

WTF, I gave my Dratini 100 EVs in sp. attack and it only grew 2 points, what's going on? ;_;

PS: and no, it hasn't been full EV'd.

www500

WWW500
WTF, I gave my Dratini 100 EVs in sp. attack and it only grew 2 points, what's going on? ;_;

From what I understood about EVs, and that probably isn't much considering the above conversation, but the Effort Values gained give you stat points by level 100. So you'll get 25-ish (depending on your nature according my previous questions) stat points in special attack BY level 100.

That's how I understood the Game Mechanics page, but I could have misunderstood.

Hope that helps! :)

jolteon135

It's at a low level. 100 EVs=+25 extra by Lv. 100. At a lower level you won't see the full +25 effect because that would make your Pokemon's stats ridiculously high. Imagine a Lv. 1 Pokemon with 252 EVs getting +63 instantly. You see how ridiculous that would be? Just stop worrying about it showing and keep EVing the Pokemon until you've reached the 510 limit then train it up to a high level.

Last edited:

Icing Sugar

From what I understood about EVs, and that probably isn't much considering the above conversation, but the Effort Values gained give you stat points by level 100. So you'll get 25-ish (depending on your nature according my previous questions) stat points in special attack BY level 100.

That's how I understood the Game Mechanics page, but I could have misunderstood.

Hope that helps! :)

It's at a low level. 100 EVs=+25 extra by Lv. 100. At a lower level you won't see the full +25 effect because that would make your Pokemon's stats ridiculously high. Imagine a Lv. 1 Pokemon with 252 EVs getting +63 instantly. You see how ridiculous that would be? Just stop worrying about it showing and keep EVing the Pokemon until you've reached the 510 limit then train it up to a high level.
Well, I checked it and it originally had 60 points and now it has 72 without levelling up (I reseted, lol). That's why I think it only gains 2 points per level.

I know that you can't encounter Reshiram and Zekrom in their shiny forms, but can you encounter shiny terrakion,cobalion and virizion?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I know that you can't encounter Reshiram and Zekrom in their shiny forms, but can you encounter shiny terrakion,cobalion and virizion?

Yes. The Musketeer Pokemon can be Shiny.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
IS nintendo/or the Pokemon company planning on releasing Keldeo or Meroetta?

Or are these ones roaming the web hacks? I ask because legit Shaymin were possible prior to the official release with the Japanese E4 surf glitch.

jolteon135

IS nintendo/or the Pokemon company planning on releasing Keldeo or Meroetta?

Or are these ones roaming the web hacks? I ask because legit Shaymin were possible prior to the official release with the Japanese E4 surf glitch.

There hasn't been an event for them yet and there's no legit way to get #647-649 yet.

You can check the event database if you want see if the event has been released yet: event database
Serebii also has a current/upcoming events page: here

Waterlover711

<=my doggy(prof.pic)
I'm new to all of this so if anyone can tell me where I go to vote for pokemon of the week please tell me

Can some one explain to me what RNGing is in the pokemon game? I know its like random number generator but ive heard you can use it to your advantage or something?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Can some one explain to me what RNGing is in the pokemon game? I know its like random number generator but ive heard you can use it to your advantage or something?

Yes. Like all RNGs the RNG used in Pokemon is predictable and exploitable. You can use this to determine exactly when a Pokemon will have certain IVs, a nature, shininess etc. Anything. This allows you to easily (once you've practiced) get exactly the Pokemon you want.

golduck#1

Where would be the best spot to train for the third gym that has a healing process close to it. I am mainly trying to level up Blitzle but my water pokemon and fighting pokemon wouldn't mind some levels. W

Status
Not open for further replies.