• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piemonster24

Americus Heracrosius
ok so i need one last move for charizard its between focus blast and air slash. which one is the better move

my set is : fthrower equake and dragon pulse

Earthquake isn't good on a special Charizard. Replace it with Hidden Power ground if you can. If you can't get Hidden Power ground, then use focus blast instead. Then add in air slash and you're good.

Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power (ground)/Focus Blast
Air Slash

Edit: Ninja'd

oliverR

A.M.B.I.P.O.M.
whats a good move set for moltres and charizard? right now ive got these moves and i know they are stupid choices but i was an idiot back then...

Moltres - Relaxed nature Overheat,flamethrower,heat wave and sky attack
Charizard - Adamant nature flamethrower dragon pulse blast burn and earthquake

I want to know some good moves and these guys are more offensive than defensive. i dunno about getting rid of dragon pulse as charizard is from platinum and they no longer have it in Gen v as a tm

Since your Charizard is adamant i would go with something like this

-Flare Blitz/Fire Fang
-Dragon Claw
-Swords Dance
-Roost

With that youll be able to hit pretty much everything except hetran and a few others for neutral damage you could swap swords dance or roost for earthquake if you wanted to.

For Moltres you could use something like this

-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day

Sunny Day to boost flamethrower and allow solarbeam to work in one turn. But again something like heatran could be a problem

Accipitri

Space relic
Maybe for random matchup, or they want to use it in OU instead of UU/whatever?

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Okay, this really is a stupid question(At least in my opinion), but can HM moves be deleted by the Daycare? I mean, if a Pokémon in the daycare has an HM move in the first slot and grows to a level that it learns a new move at, will the HM move be replaced, or is it the first non-HM move?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, this really is a stupid question(At least in my opinion), but can HM moves be deleted by the Daycare? I mean, if a Pokémon in the daycare has an HM move in the first slot and grows to a level that it learns a new move at, will the HM move be replaced, or is it the first non-HM move?

First non-HM move.

Draknir

Fear the Deer

Twilight Dawn

So sad that the Victini event ended months ago :( , my parents wouldn't let me buy the new 'mon game 'cause of school and stuff :/ i understood but now i missed out on the event :( any other way to get him or the event ? trade a key item or something :/ ?? dont know :(? help?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So sad that the Victini event ended months ago :( , my parents wouldn't let me buy the new 'mon game 'cause of school and stuff :/ i understood but now i missed out on the event :( any other way to get him or the event ? trade a key item or something :/ ?? dont know :(? help?

The only way to get a Victini now is to trade with someone else for one, or wait for another event.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire

Snowi

Just wondering, is it possible to breed two Pokemon and have the egg hatch into a Shiny? And, do the parents need to be Shinies too, or can they be normal?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Just wondering, is it possible to breed two Pokemon and have the egg hatch into a Shiny? And, do the parents need to be Shinies too, or can they be normal?

Yes, it's possible to breed shinies, and no the parents don't have to be shiny to do so.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!

To be more specific, yes, you can breed an egg with two pokemon for a shiny. The chance is the same as wild pokemon being 1/8192. However, instead of a shiny pokemon, you need a foreign pokemon which will greatly increase the chances by 4 or 5 time to get a shiny. I suggest looking for a foreign Ditto.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Maybe for random matchup, or they want to use it in OU instead of UU/whatever?

Ok i have no clue what those mean! but i wanna use them for random match ups.

New question: I need a good set for Venusaur and Blastoise

right now for Venusaur its: Energy Ball Seed Bomb Earthquake Sludge Bomb
Blastoise its: Surf, Ice beam, Hydro Cannon and earthquake

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
Ok i have no clue what those mean! but i wanna use them for random match ups.

If your going to random matchup i suggest you iv-breed a brand new team and ev train them. Or your gonna get pummled constantly.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
If your going to random matchup i suggest you iv-breed a brand new team and ev train them. Or your gonna get pummled constantly.

well i've won in the last couple of matches. and i really dont care if i lose its just a game really....

and i took off the hydro cannon and put focus blast...

Simplycrazy1

It's a Joy-ful world

For Blastoise get rid of surf and give him scald it's just an awesome move. You should also probably replace Hydro Cannon with rock slide or toxic.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder

First non-HM move.

Incorrect. The daycare can and will overwrite HMs.

Last edited:

vlorme123

Water Gym Leader
The basic idea behind IV breeding is to replace the parents with the offspring if the offspring is better.

For example, you start with an Adamant x/x/x/x/x/x Tyrogue + 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto. Tyrogue has the everstone attached and Ditto has the power weight attached. After 2 egg you get a Tyrogue with 31/x/x/x/x/x. This baby Tyrogue is clearly better than the parent that's in the daycare so you'd replace the parent with it. Keep doing that until you get what you want.

Btw, you should definitely trade for a flawless Ditto if you don't already have one. Check the trade forum.

So if tyrogue got 31 IV's in one stat, he can't lose it anymore (so the next baby will have 31 too?)

Status
Not open for further replies.