• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If you saw a Keldeo in English version with Heart of Justice as its ability.....you saw a translated ROM/a screenshot of it, which is illegal

And yours is hacked regardless of its ability, Keldeo is not released yet.

Mr. BrickaBracka

Once more I live!!
Still new to the 5th gen moves and abilities. Does Prankster turn things like taunt and substitute into priority moves too or just status inducers?? I haven't actually got black or white yet, but I wanna know this stuff ahead of time.. Also does Defiant double attack when a pokemon lowers its own stats like with overheat or close combat?

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Still new to the 5th gen moves and abilities. Does Prankster turn things like taunt and substitute into priority moves too or just status inducers?? I haven't actually got black or white yet, but I wanna know this stuff ahead of time.. Also does Defiant double attack when a pokemon lowers its own stats like with overheat or close combat?
Prankster: yes.
Defiant: I don't think so, but maybe.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
it would be nasty, but.. no. i just tested it, and Defiant only activates if an opponent (or teammate) lowers your stats.

yeah, that would make the move Curse a lot more popular!

Mr. BrickaBracka

Once more I live!!
oh well. It's like when I found out sheer force didn't take the confusion off outrage. Makes rock slide a better choice than stone edge in my opinion. since with sheer force it's base power with STAB is 149 versus stone edge's 150 but has 10% more accuracy and gets the life orb boost without recoil. Or am I wrong in assuming that??

One more question: How does one go about getting Dream World abilities? can you migrate from platinum or D/P and still get them??

Mr. BrickaBracka

Once more I live!!
defiant probably doesn't activate is you're baton passed lowered stats either I bet... They'd have to rename shell smash to Hell Smash.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
oh well. It's like when I found out sheer force didn't take the confusion off outrage. Makes rock slide a better choice than stone edge in my opinion. since with sheer force it's base power with STAB is 149 versus stone edge's 150 but has 10% more accuracy and gets the life orb boost without recoil. Or am I wrong in assuming that??

One more question: How does one go about getting Dream World abilities? can you migrate from platinum or D/P and still get them??

About Defiant. I believe its a "Free Swords Dance" when your Pokemons stats are lowered. So it boosts its attack by 2 levels (100% increase)(up to a max of level 6). So if your Pokemon was Intimidated by the opposing Pokemon, you would gain only 1 level of attack boost since it would have been lowered by one.

About Dream World Abilities. When you get your game you must go to pokemon-gl.com and use your game to get a game sync ID once you get your C-Gear in-game. Once you get the game sync ID you enter it at that website- then proceed to grow berries, water other peoples berries, and explore the dream isle to find those Pokemon that have Dream World abilities. For more information you should check Serebiis main site and look up the Dream World section for Black/White.

EDIT: If it is a FEMALE with the DW ability then yes you can. I belive you have to breed it with a male of the same species and then you have a 50% chance of passing down the DW ability.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity

1. It depends on your taste. I personally like stone edge's high crit ratio, it has saved me a few time.
2. Send a pokemon to the dream world. First make an account on pokemon-gl.com (?...could be wrong) and then sync it with your game. The website will tell you everything from there.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
2. Send a pokemon to the dream world. First make an account on pokemon-gl.com (?...could be wrong) and then sync it with your game. The website will tell you everything from there.

Here's a link to the Dreamworld site.

Also, you can breed Dream World abilities if the female parent has them (but only if bred with a male. Doesn't work with Ditto).

EDIT: If it is a FEMALE with the DW ability then yes you can. I belive you have to breed it with a male of the same species and then you have a 50% chance of passing down the DW ability.
I don't think the male has to be the same species. Just as long as it's not Ditto, a female with the Hidden Ability has a chance of passing the DW Ability.

EDIT: Question. I know it has been answered before but I've searched through pages and pages and can't find it mentioned . . . Anyway, when are Tornadus/Thunderus's stats/nature/etc. determined? When you hear about the storm from the gatekeeper on Route 10 or when/after you've talked to the old lady on Route 7?

Last edited:

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
EV training on Yamask?

Maybe wrong thread, sorry, but does pertain to a question.

I was EV training my Yamask (I think I understand the term, those stat enhancers like Protein, Calcium, etc.) through 'Wings' off of Driftveil Drawbridge. I was using hundreds of them with what appeared to be no stopping or end in sight, when I wondered when it would stop. I took a two-month break from White, only recently starting again & Yamask has stopped excepting them. Did I max-out right at that moment when I stopped two months ago or did that hiatus limited more what Yamask could intake?

On the other hand, my Cofragriis?, who was helping Yamask battle for Experience Points, takes those wings, although an evolved form.

Mister Mienshao

Maybe wrong thread, sorry, but does pertain to a question.

I was EV training my Yamask (I think I understand the term, those stat enhancers like Protein, Calcium, etc.) through 'Wings' off of Driftveil Drawbridge. I was using hundreds of them with what appeared to be no stopping or end in sight, when I wondered when it would stop. I took a two-month break from White, only recently starting again & Yamask has stopped excepting them. Did I max-out right at that moment when I stopped two months ago or did that hiatus limited more what Yamask could intake?

On the other hand, my Cofragriis?, who was helping Yamask battle for Experience Points, takes those wings, although an evolved form.

Like a Person said, there is a max, which you must have just hit when you stopped two months ago. But the wings grant a single EV in the proper category, so you could definitely be giving Yamask a ton of wings before hitting the limit if they didn't have many EV's in that category already.

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
Like a Person said, there is a max, which you must have just hit when you stopped two months ago. But the wings grant a single EV in the proper category, so you could definitely be giving Yamask a ton of wings before hitting the limit if they didn't have many EV's in that category already.

Thank you to you, & Person.

So maybe I did hit 510 wings, or less depending on what it had, already?

I just know it was still going 2 months ago. the only thing that changed was a couple seasons changed, & this special Yamask of mine leveled up 2 more times since I restarted to L42.

So is it best I hatch another Yamask like I had before, with my desired nature like I had it, and pour on those stat wings from Level 1? Can be dreadful but worthwhile I guess.

Also evolved forms of Pokemon can be tougher to EV from what I understand, right?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Thank you to you, & Person.

So maybe I did hit 510 wings, or less depending on what it had, already?

I just know it was still going 2 months ago. the only thing that changed was a couple seasons changed, & this special Yamask of mine leveled up 2 more times since I restarted to L42.

So is it best I hatch another Yamask like I had before, with my desired nature like I had it, and pour on those stat wings from Level 1? Can be dreadful but worthwhile I guess.

Also evolved forms of Pokemon can be tougher to EV from what I understand, right?
Yeah, you must have already reached the total possible. Taking a break does nothing to EV gain.

Evolved Pokemon can be EV'd too, so long as they haven't already earned EVs. EV training doesn't just start when you decide to, it happens in every battle the Pokemon takes part in without fainting. If something already has EVs in stat(s) you don't want them in, you'll need to use EV lowering berries (available via dreamworld) to reset them so you can re-EV.

For your Yamask, just keep track of how many wings/battles you've done this time if you're worried about doing it right.

EDIT: Anyway, when are the roamers' (Tornadus/Thunderus) stats/nature/shinyness set? When you hear about the storm or when/after you talk to the old lady? I've been searching through page after page and haven't seen the answer. I know it was asked/answered before but can't find it, sorry.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, searched a few hundred pages and found it (route 7).

Last edited:

bigman82

Shiny Trader
I traded my thunderus before I went to catch landorus. So I went on GTS and got another thunderus and traded my tornados from my black. Now when I go to the shrine and click on it to battle landorus, he never appears. Does he only appear at a certain time/season or is it because the thunderus I got on GTS is probably hacked. Please help because landorus is the last pokemon I need to complete my Unova dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.