• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDawg

A few questions about shiny hunting. Alright the current method I use for hatching eggs is I save before I pick up my first egg and once I've hatched 5(I have a litwick with flame body in first slot) if none are shiny I SR and restart the process. However I'm being told just collecting as many eggs as possible and hatching them at once is the better way. Is this true and why?

Secondly with Thundurus, do you find out if it's shiny by the encounter in the grass after it shows up at the old person's house or is the sprite shiny?

Well if you're collecting 5 eggs then saving then hatching you're going to get the exact same pokemon everytime. So just make sure you're not saving after you get the eggs

thetifftiff

You're right, my happiness is so far from 220 it's in negative numbers right now. But my Happiness isn't the issue. Stupid Happiness crap. I only want a Leavanny for the Pokédex ffs :/

There are some in the shaking grass on route 6 and in Lostlorn Forest if it's just for dex filling.

yeminied

A few questions about shiny hunting. Alright the current method I use for hatching eggs is I save before I pick up my first egg and once I've hatched 5(I have a litwick with flame body in first slot) if none are shiny I SR and restart the process. However I'm being told just collecting as many eggs as possible and hatching them at once is the better way. Is this true and why?

Secondly with Thundurus, do you find out if it's shiny by the encounter in the grass after it shows up at the old person's house or is the sprite shiny?

You need to encounter Thundurus in a battle to determine if it is shiny or not. All overworld sprites are regular colour.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Alright thanks everyone. Yeah I know not to save after I get the eggs, that would totally defeat the purpose lol. My japanese ditto is like almost 90 so I reset to just keep it from leveling anymore xD

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
how do you guys with trade shops clone in B/W? I really want to know so i have stuff to offer to other people.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Meh, I'll as the SPPF community to confirm the following statement:

Battle subway multi battles with a wifi friend will not work.

Is this true? I'm asking because I am a multi battle fan and thought it'd be a cool thing to do with my clan if I get bored.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
how do you guys with trade shops clone in B/W? I really want to know so i have stuff to offer to other people.

Most of them do it with an AR (or in the case of pokemon from Emerald, the GTS glitch) but AR cloning is illegal on these forums.

@ Dew, yes, it doesn't work :p

Psypert

Could someone give me a list of the moves that trigger the effects of Sheer Force? Because there are some secondary effects like the ones in Stone Edge or Volt Switch that dont trigger sheer force, thanks in advance

randomspot555

Could someone give me a list of the moves that trigger the effects of Sheer Force? Because there are some secondary effects like the ones in Stone Edge or Volt Switch that dont trigger sheer force, thanks in advance

Stone Edge's high chance of critical hits isn't really a "secondary effect". EVERY MOVE has a chance to critical hit. It's just some attacks INCREASE that chance.

A secondary effect is like the 10% chance Ember has to cause a Burn, or Air Slash's 30% chance to flinch an opponent (if the Air Slash user goes first). Only specific moves can cause status effects or flinching under normal circumstances.

Oh look at this

Aegon

Is TM Snarl still forbidden?

i mean would it be illegal to learn Snarl to Murkrow -Example- ?
Yes, it is, as it has not been released. However, some Pokémon in the Field egg group can learn Snarl, as an event Zoroark knows the move (and Smeargle can Sketch it).

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Yes, it is, as it has not been released. However, some Pokémon in the Field egg group can learn Snarl, as an event Zoroark knows the move (and Smeargle can Sketch it).

Ah yeah i see now, thanks for answering!
I'll have to wait till the TM releases then.

(Is it actually already released in Japan? just wondering)

Crystal_Knight

Dragon Tamer
How do we get into Dream World???

I've tried EVERYTHING. I have the nintendo wifi connector, an account at pokemon global, etc. But when I try and get into Dream World, my game loads up Dream world, but before I even get INTO Dream World, I get kicked out with a message on my DS screen telling me that I can't enter Dream world because my system has run out power, or something, and needs to go back to where I was before. No matter what I do it won't let me in. *pouts*

I've tried EVERYTHING. I have the nintendo wifi connector, an account at pokemon global, etc. But when I try and get into Dream World, my game loads up Dream world, but before I even get INTO Dream World, I get kicked out with a message on my DS screen telling me that I can't enter Dream world because my system has run out power, or something, and needs to go back to where I was before. No matter what I do it won't let me in. *pouts*

Did you time travel? Like did you ever change your Ds's time? That can screw up your Dream world....

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Need something more specific than that. Tell us the exact error you're getting.

myriada

Sounds like everything is going well. Wait 24 hours without playing your game in another DS or changing the clock and you will be allowed in. If you ever change the clock or play the game in another DS though, Game Sync will 'run out of energy' again and you'll have to wait again.
Need something more specific than that. Tell us the exact error you're getting.
"a message on my DS screen telling me that I can't enter Dream world because my system has run out power" can only be the internal timecheck failing, so no, no more details are needed.

scalesama

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but it seems I can't connect to the Dream World. I keep getting the error message "Game Sync has run out of energy. It will take one day to recharge it." Now this is my problem. I HAVE waited a day. I've even waited a week. Month even. Thinking it was my DS' problem, I tried to use my 3DS. I waited a few more days and it still says it.

Does the one day count as IRL days or in game playing hours? It can't be my wi-fi because I can easily connect to the 3DS e-shop and such. This is really starting to big me!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
"a message on my DS screen telling me that I can't enter Dream world because my system has run out power" can only be the internal timecheck failing, so no, no more details are needed.

Well when he said system, I figured something about the actual system.

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but it seems I can't connect to the Dream World. I keep getting the error message "Game Sync has run out of energy. It will take one day to recharge it." Now this is my problem. I HAVE waited a day. I've even waited a week. Month even. Thinking it was my DS' problem, I tried to use my 3DS. I waited a few more days and it still says it.

Does the one day count as IRL days or in game playing hours? It can't be my wi-fi because I can easily connect to the 3DS e-shop and such. This is really starting to big me!

It is one real 24-hour period. Do not change DS systems and do not change the time.

silicon

Swordsman

Supposedly, it counts hours when you mess with the time on your DS/ switch the game to a different DS. I was able to switch my black from my DS lite to 3DS with little trouble. Here's what I suggest doing:

1) Try and access Game Sync.
2) Save after it fails.
3) Wait 2 days without trying to access Game Sync. (So if you were to do this now, and it's Monday where you are, wait until the clock changes to Wednesday to try again)

Make sure you don't mess with the clock on the DS it's in, and you may want to leave the game in the DS the whole time (though I dunno if that last part matters).

I'm thinking (though I have not tested this) that there are two possible problems: one is that every time you try and access the Game Sync before it's been given the time it needs, it resets the counter; the other is that if you don't save after attempting to access the Game Sync and failing, it doesn't recognize that it's on a different clock so every time you attempt it's picking up a new clock, which triggers that anti-cheating check draining the Sync of it's energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.