• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
If a Female Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure with Shadow Tag is bred, would the game recognize the Dream World ability and have the 50% chance of passing it down?

I know it's not available yet, I'm planning a Battle Subway team and don't want to wait for it to be released.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
If a Female Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure with Shadow Tag is bred, would the game recognize the Dream World ability and have the 50% chance of passing it down?

I know it's not available yet, I'm planning a Battle Subway team and don't want to wait for it to be released.

yes it would. the game's not that sophisticated yet...it doesn't care about your pokemon's legitmacy, it just recognizes what you have...a female DW (fill in the blank). the ability will pass the same way...

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
What limits, if any, does the ability 'Pick-Up' have? My Lilipup just seems to stop working. Could it be it's too strong (though un-evolved), or todays date being the last of the in-game Autumn month? I cannot 'Pick-Up'!

EDIT: I did find the Serebii page on this but in my game nothing is 'picking up'. Does it just become harder with advancing levels? My Lilipup's L. 56 for this reason of finding items so he wouldn't faint in encounters. I'm combing all spots very thoroughly.

Last edited:

Blazios

What limits, if any, does the ability 'Pick-Up' have? My Lilipup just seems to stop working. Could it be it's too strong (though un-evolved), or todays date being the last of the in-game Autumn month? I cannot 'Pick-Up'!

EDIT: I did find the Serebii page on this but in my game nothing is 'picking up'. Does it just become harder with advancing levels? My Lilipup's L. 56 for this reason of finding items so he wouldn't faint in encounters. I'm combing all spots very thoroughly.

You don't Pickup by walking around, you Pickup by battling.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
You don't Pickup by walking around, you Pickup by battling.

To be more specfic, Pick Up has a chance at finding an item after you complete a battle (or a set number of battles, I don't know). Your Pick Up Pokemon doesn't need to have been in the battle, though.

However, if your Pick Up Pokemon is currently in the battle when something like a Berry is used, then the Pick Up Pokemon will snag it for you.

Pickup
http://serebii.net/abilitydex/pickup.shtml
http://www.smogon.com/dp/abilities/pickup
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pickup

As long as the pokemon with Pickup is not holding an item at the beginning of each battle you have while it's in your party, it has a 10% chance of acquiring an item at the end of the battle, with the item possibility determined by the game you're playing and the pokemon's level. And in Black and White, the added effect of gaining certain used items from allies or enemies if the poke with Pickup is in battle at the time they're used.

Have any of the dream world starters been released in the US yet? If so, is it too late to get them?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Have any of the dream world starters been released in the US yet? If so, is it too late to get them?

None of them has been released outside Japan and Korea.

Johto and Unova starters in particular, are not released yet even in Japan and Korea.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I know Weather Ball, during Heavy Rain, becomes a 100 BP Water type move, so I'm assuming it doesn't get the 50% Water type boost in power still?

I'd assume that it doesn't get another boost, but I'd like to be sure.

Aegon

I know Weather Ball, during Heavy Rain, becomes a 100 BP Water type move, so I'm assuming it doesn't get the 50% Water type boost in power still?

I'd assume that it doesn't get another boost, but I'd like to be sure.
Actually, the move will gain a boost from the rain.

GrassTypes.

In the Dream World how do I send a be-friended pokemon to Entralink?

de_darkrai

While ur game dries up,u may go to the Tree and pick the pokemon u wanna befriended,That's it.

GrassTypes.

While ur game dries up,u may go to the Tree and pick the pokemon u wanna befriended,That's it.
I already befriended it. I need to know how to send it to my game.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder

If you hack the ability on, it won't change the DW "Flag" bit that says whether it has the DW ability. So if you just change the ability and then breed it, I don't think it would pass on. There's probably a code to specifically make something a DW pokemon, though, or to spawn a DW poke of your choice in the Entree forest. I don't know, though, as I don't use those devices.
If you click the Wake Up! button next to your pokemon's name when you log in to PGL, it should ready it to send it back to your game. Then just choose Online -> Game Sync from your C-Gear and the pokemon you chose, and the one you put to sleep, should come to your game. Just go into the forest (in Wireless) to meet it.

de_darkrai

Click on the upper-right's exit button to wake up ur dream pokemon.

When u synced your C-gear again,the pokemon you befriended will be downloaded to your Entralink.

JVD

Reset storyline without loosing caoght pokemon

Is there a possibility to reset the storyline without loosing the pokemon i caught during finishing the storyline before?

Status
Not open for further replies.