• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBW

Better, though...
Where can I Train defense EV?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Where can I Train defense EV?

In Pinwheel Forest, you will find Sweedle and Venipede for EV defense. (Sweedle +1) (Venipede +1). Also you can also do that in Unova Victory Road where you will find Durant for EV defense. (Durant +2).

AlexBW

Better, though...
Do you mean Sewaddle?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer

AlexBW

Better, though...
Thank you very much!

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Thank you very much!

You're welcome. I have a very question I like to ask of you. You see, I just got a Torchic egg. I been thinking of equipping Torchic with exp. share, then using my high level pokemon to battle random pokemon in order to evolve from Torchic into Blaziken. After evolve into Blaziken, then I'll EV train him and then raise his level. You see, I came here to make sure that I train him right. Is that the right way? Its hard to battle Patrat for attack, and Basclin for Speed when it starts at Lv. 1.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
You're welcome. I have a very question I like to ask of you. You see, I just got a Torchic egg. I been thinking of equipping Torchic with exp. share, then using my high level pokemon to battle random pokemon in order to evolve from Torchic into Blaziken. After evolve into Blaziken, then I'll EV train him and then raise his level. You see, I came here to make sure that I train him right. Is that the right way? Its hard to battle Patrat for attack, and Basclin for Speed when it starts at Lv. 1.

Okay I'm gonna try and put this as simply as possible.

If you level up Torchic very quickly by battling whatever high level pokemon you come across (with or without an Exp. Share) your Torchic will gain EVs, some of which you may not want, and this will spoil him. You have to pick one of the following options:

1) Level up Torchic the way you are suggesting but ensure you only fight high level pokemon that produce the right EVs

2) Level up Torchic the way you are suggesting and afterwards use EV reducing berries to set his EVs back to 0, then EV train him

3) EV train Torchic before you level him up.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory

If you level up Torchic very quickly by battling whatever high level pokemon you come across (with or without an Exp. Share) your Torchic will gain EVs, some of which you may not want, and this will spoil him. You have to pick one of the following options:

1) Level up Torchic the way you are suggesting but ensure you only fight high level pokemon that produce the right EVs

2) Level up Torchic the way you are suggesting and afterwards use EV reducing berries to set his EVs back to 0, then EV train him

If you really, really want to get it to a level where it can ev train itself without it gaining ev's, put it in daycare till it is a high enough level or use rare candies to level it.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer

If you really, really want to get it to a level where it can ev train itself without it gaining ev's, put it in daycare till it is a high enough level or use rare candies to level it.

I see. I know I have to battle certain pokemon to gain ev. But the situation is kind of like this. You see, I just got a baby Torchic that hatched from the egg and it starts at LV.1. Most of the Patrats and lilpups at around level 3. Basclins at around lv 10. Well in the way in the third option such as EV train Torchic before level up, it will be hard to do. If I do that, then it will be an instant KO. I have vitamins and wings. And also Macro Brace.

Aegon

I see. I know I have to battle certain pokemon to gain ev. But the situation is kind of like this. You see, I just got a baby Torchic that hatched from the egg and it starts at LV.1. Most of the Patrats and lilpups at around level 3. Basclins at around lv 10. Well in the way in the third option such as EV train Torchic before level up, it will be hard to do. If I do that, then it will be an instant KO. I have vitamins and wings. And also Macro Brace.
Just give Torchic the items you'd normally give it while EVing, then switch out to another Pokémon when you enter the battle. Torchic will still receive the full amount of EVs, and the Pokémon you switch in will also gain EVs (not the same amount as Torchic; just calculate it normally).

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Just give Torchic the items you'd normally give it while EVing, then switch out to another Pokémon when you enter the battle. Torchic will still receive the full amount of EVs, and the Pokémon you switch in will also gain EVs (not the same amount as Torchic; just calculate it normally).

I'll try. But I think it would be easier for me to learn properly ev train my soon to be Blaziken by following step-by-step. To tell you the truth, Pokemon Black Version is actually my real first pokemon game. How about this?

First I have Torchic evolve into Blaziken. Then I give 6 different kinds of EV reducing berries to him. Then I give him 10 carbos, and 10 proteins. Next equip him with Macro brace. Then battle an Audino or Palitoad, or Stunfish for 4HP. Then battle 38 Bascilns for 252 Speed, and then battle 76 Patrats/Lilpups for 252 Attack.

Is it right or wrong?

Last edited:

Gabriele

Does anyone know why I sometimes cannot switch my Siglilyph with another Pokemon while in battle? I've look through some of the threads but there are 1000+ pages. Thanks

Aegon

First I have Torchic evolve into Blaziken. Then I give 6 different kinds of EV reducing berries to him. Then I give him 10 carbos, and 10 proteins. Next equip him with Macro brace. Then battle an Audino or Palitoad, or Stunfish for 4HP. Then battle 38 Bascilns for 252 Speed, and then battle 76 Patrats/Lilpups for 252 Attack.

Is it right or wrong?
The EV calculations are fine, though you should try and obtain Pokérus and the Power Items to make it much quicker to EV train. Why don't you just EV train it immediately? You'll be receiving the exact same EVs by switching out and allowing another Pokémon to KO the opponent as you would by only using Torchic. Otherwise, you'll just be wasting time and EV-reducing berries.

Does anyone know why I sometimes cannot switch my Siglilyph with another Pokemon while in battle? I've look through some of the threads but there are 1000+ pages. Thanks
Mean Look? Shadow Tag?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
The EV calculations are fine, though you should try and obtain Pokérus and the Power Items to make it much quicker to EV train. Why don't you just EV train it immediately? You'll be receiving the exact same EVs by switching out and allowing another Pokémon to KO the opponent as you would by only using Torchic. Otherwise, you'll just be wasting time and EV-reducing berries.

Mean Look? Shadow Tag?

I can see that. But my Torchic is now lv 1 and it will be instantly KOed as I battle Patrats and Lilpups for attack. And if I battle Basclins for speed at its current level, then it will be instantly KOed. I don't have pokerus and the Power Items. I want to EV train it immediately. But if you refer the different way then how can I do that? Sure battling Basclins but his level is at around 11 and Patrats and Lilpups at around level 3. Oh I forgot to tell you that I have ev reducing berries. And I keep growing more of them from my dream world.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I can see that. But my Torchic is now lv 1 and it will be instantly KOed as I battle Patrats and Lilpups for attack. And if I battle Basclins for speed at its current level, then it will be instantly KOed. I don't have pokerus and the Power Items. I want to EV train it immediately. But if you refer the different way then how can I do that? Sure battling Basclins but his level is at around 11 and Patrats and Lilpups at around level 3. Oh I forgot to tell you that I have ev reducing berries. And I keep growing more of them from my dream world.

Put Torchic out front, then switch to a stronger Pokemon. Torchic'll still get the EVs.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Put Torchic out front, then switch to a stronger Pokemon. Torchic'll still get the EVs.

Ok. So like summon Torchic first, then switch to a stronger in battle. Right?

Last edited:

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Yes. Torchic will still gain all of the EVs it normally would.

As I have been saying...

Ok. So like this. First give a lv1 Torchic 10 Carbos to gain 152 EV for Speed , and 10 Proteins to gain 152 EV for attack. Then equip him with Macho Brace. Then first battling one Audino/Patitoad/Stunfish to gain 4 EV for HP as to summon Torchic then switch with a Lv100 pokemon or less. And then starting battling 38 Bascilns for 252 Speed, then battling 76 Patrats/Lilpups for 252 Attack as I summoning Torchic first, then switch with Lv100 pokemon. Does it sound right? I just want to make sure. I'm sorry, it just that EV things kind of like hard to figure it out.

Level up Torchic the way you are suggesting and afterwards use EV reducing berries to set his EVs back to 0, then EV train him

About this method, does this mean by this: First I equip Torchic with Exp.Share, then using a high level pokemon to battle another pokemon after another until evolve into Blaziken. Then I give 10 each of 6 different kinds of EV reducing berries to him. Then I give him 10 carbos, and 10 proteins. Next equip him with Macro brace. Then battle an Audino or Palitoad, or Stunfish for 4HP. Then battle 38 Bascilns for 252 Speed, and then battle 76 Patrats/Lilpups for 252 Attack.

Last edited:

CaptPonyholder

NEED HELP!

Okay, just want to know:

I have NO want to get IV's and EV's. The most I want is getting an occasional Shiny Mewtwo or some such and that is about it. Will I be screwed if I can use the Pokemon I have effectively online even if they aren't IV/EV trained?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
NEED HELP!

Okay, just want to know:

I have NO want to get IV's and EV's. The most I want is getting an occasional Shiny Mewtwo or some such and that is about it. Will I be screwed if I can use the Pokemon I have effectively online even if they aren't IV/EV trained?

You can lose up to 94 points in a stat without EV training and taking into account IVs. You'll be at a pretty large disadvantage, since a lot of people who battle online at least have good IVs and are EV trained in the stats that matter. So, yeah, if you don't wanna worry about IVs, at least pay attention to EVs and Natures, since that can pick up a lot of the slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.