• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure you're doing it correctly? I believe lee was one of those two stats and that it actually has to be significantly higher than the opposing stat. For such a thing to work you might want to EV train it using vitamins (proteins, carbos etc.) It usually worked for me back in gen IV and it should be the same in V.

I'm sure. As I said, I've had 5 in one day. If it has to be significantly higher, wouldn't some have become Hitmontop instead of Hitmonchan?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm sure. As I said, I've had 5 in one day. If it has to be significantly higher, wouldn't some have become Hitmontop instead of Hitmonchan?

Tyrogue evolves into Hitmonlee when Attack is higher than Defense.
It evolves into Hitmonchan when Defense is higher than Attack.
It evolves into Hitmontop when Attack and Defense are equal.

I also recommend that you get a low-level Tyrogue and EV train it. Give it the Power Bracer and Pokerus and only fight Lillipups and Patrats until it grows several levels. Then try to evolve it, making sure that Attack is higher than Defense.

Vandslaux

Vitamins always worked for evolving for me. Heck, I evolved a -Def nature Tyrogue into Hitmonchan by vitamins.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I need a place to ev train my electvire, right now he's lvl 71 and he has pokerus but the iv checker claims he is decent all right D: how do i improve this lol i'm a noob

Vandslaux

Does he have 0 EVs? If not, use EV reducing berries until he is.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I need a place to ev train my electvire, right now he's lvl 71 and he has pokerus but the iv checker claims he is decent all right D: how do i improve this lol i'm a noob

You need to EV-train him. Decide what stats you want his EVs to be in, give him EV-reducing berries until his current EVs are all 0, and then fight the correct wild Pokemon to give him the EVs that you want. Make sure that he's holding the correct Power items to make this process faster.

Dangertrout

Just want to point out, no matter what you do the IV checker will still say the same thing. IVs are set when a pokemon is created and can't be changed. EVs are fixable though. As was mentioned, EV reducing berries to remove the current EVs and then retrain him the way you want.
If you were hoping to get a better rating from the IV checker, you'll have to breed or catch a new Elekid with better IVs.

Vandslaux

And decent is the lowest he can say. If you want an Electivire with good IVs, keep breeding together good IV parents until you get a Elekid with Superior/Outstanding IVs, or learn to RNG.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Does anyone know it you can get Chlorophyll Cottonee yet? I don't think it's possible with B/W but maybe ith B/W2?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Does anyone know it you can get Chlorophyll Cottonee yet? I don't think it's possible with B/W but maybe ith B/W2?

You can get Cottonee in Castelia Park in B2W2, and I think that those Pokemon have their Hidden Abilities - so those Cottonee would have Chlorophyll. But I don't have B2W2, so I'm not 100% sure. Can't wait until it comes out in the States in October!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
You can get Cottonee in Castelia Park in B2W2, and I think that those Pokemon have their Hidden Abilities - so those Cottonee would have Chlorophyll. But I don't have B2W2, so I'm not 100% sure. Can't wait until it comes out in the States in October!

Nope, Castelia Park Pokemon have their normal abilities.

Yep, it's possible with B/W 2.

If you're using B/W 2, you can find Cottonee in the Pleasant Forest area in DW.

Unfortunately, that's the only way. The in-game trade gives you the one with normal ability, and Cottonee isn't found in any Hidden Hollow.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I'm having some trouble with White Forest. See, I can NEVER get the people I want to come over from Black City. I have had the games since they were released, and NOT ONCE have I had the opportunity to get Shane (the guy who brings over Rhyhorn) to come over. He's never even asked. He's just been in my Black City Entralink saying "Oh White Forest looks so great, I wanna go!", but he never actually comes over. What's more is that there are certain people that have never even appeaed in my Black City Entralink. For example, I've never even seen the trainer in Black City Entralink that would allow me to bring over Ralts or Gastly.

My ultimate hope is to get a White Forest that is filled with Magby, Elekid, Rhyhorn, and Ralts. All I have so far is Elekid. Can someone explain to me what I need to do to get different people to show up in my Black City Entralink so that I can "migrate" them over to White Forest?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
They will go only if there's a place for them in your White Forest. If your White Forest is full, they won't be able to come in and fill the empty spots, since the spots are taken.

The trainers on the Entralink are decided once a new save file is created, if I recall correctly. So if you never saw a trainer that allow you to get Ralts or Gastly, then you'll never will, until a new save file on your Black is created, and a trainer that allows you to get Ralts or Gastly appeared.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Yep, it's possible with B/W 2.

If you're using B/W 2, you can find Cottonee in the Pleasant Forest area in DW.

Unfortunately, that's the only way. The in-game trade gives you the one with normal ability, and Cottonee isn't found in any Hidden Hollow.

Does this mean, if I was really lucky, I could find one on the GTS? Or is there something that blocks this in some way like a lot of other hidden ability pokemon (male only. etc.)?

Also, isn't the chance of passing down the DW ability 60% not 40%? That's what I've always been told.

EDIT: I found a Smogon breeing FAQ that states 40% but it also states that it's 'if you breed a female pokemon with a male of the same species' and I'm pretty sure that's rubbish so I don't really trust it.

Last edited:

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
Does this mean, if I was really lucky, I could find one on the GTS? Or is there something that blocks this in some way like a lot of other hidden ability pokemon (male only. etc.)?

Also, isn't the chance of passing down the DW ability 60% not 40%? That's what I've always been told.

EDIT: I found a Smogon breeing FAQ that states 40% but it also states that it's 'if you breed a female pokemon with a male of the same species' and I'm pretty sure that's rubbish so I don't really trust it.

you'd have to be really, really, REALLY lucky & i'd still wonder about the legitimacy of anything off the GTS. the DW ability passing % is 40%, not 60. species doesn't factor into that %, only in how fast you'll get an egg. same species will get you eggs faster 70% of the time...

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
They will go only if there's a place for them in your White Forest. If your White Forest is full, they won't be able to come in and fill the empty spots, since the spots are taken.

The trainers on the Entralink are decided once a new save file is created, if I recall correctly. So if you never saw a trainer that allow you to get Ralts or Gastly, then you'll never will, until a new save file on your Black is created, and a trainer that allows you to get Ralts or Gastly appeared.

Set from the beginning? Goodness that is stupid...a real bummer, too. :( That's actually very disappointing. At least I can definitely get Elekid and Magby to show up.

Thanks a bunch for answering my question, by the way. This is something that has stumped me for quite a while now!

Luvas

Is there anyone in the game who I can steal(Thief) an Enigma Berry and/or Light Ball from?
Does Thief even work on an enemy or partner in the Battle Subway (Do you get to keep the stolen item?)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Is there anyone in the game who I can steal(Thief) an Enigma Berry and/or Light Ball from?
Does Thief even work on an enemy or partner in the Battle Subway (Do you get to keep the stolen item?)

You can't steal in the Battle Subway

Enigma Berry is only available from the Darkrai event, and Light ball from one of several Pikachu events.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Yes, if you're lucky you can find one on the GTS.

It is found in the DW normally just like any other non-event Pokemon, so it can be female.

Status
Not open for further replies.