• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingZammy

Hi! I don't know where to post but my question is related to EV-Training and I need help to I assume I would be able to post here.
So, I start EV-training my Dratini, from an egg, (L.1) and it's Adamant natured. I train it in Attack and Speed? Do I need to train it
by battling the while Pokemon first, (using the Power items) + the carbos items thingy, then i train 4 in hp? then after that i can train
in the elite four? or must i train first, then after i finished training, i level it up to level 100 using rare candies? im very confused :(

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hi! I don't know where to post but my question is related to EV-Training and I need help to I assume I would be able to post here.
So, I start EV-training my Dratini, from an egg, (L.1) and it's Adamant natured. I train it in Attack and Speed? Do I need to train it
by battling the while Pokemon first, (using the Power items) + the carbos items thingy, then i train 4 in hp? then after that i can train
in the elite four? or must i train first, then after i finished training, i level it up to level 100 using rare candies? im very confused :(

First of all, you train it in whatever EVs you want. It depends on what you plan on using the Dragonite for. Will it be an attacker? Assuming this is what you will use it for and you want 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe, this is how you will EV-train:

You MUST do your EVs before you do anything else, because every single wild Pokemon and NPC Pokemon you fight will give you EVs. So start it at level 1, and switch it out with a stronger Pokemon until it can fend for itself. First, give it 10 Proteins and 10 Carbos - that's 100 EVs in Attack and 100 EVs in Speed right there. Both Patrat and Lillipup give 1 Attack EV, so the best place to get Attack EVs is on Route 1. Give Dratini the Power Bracer so you get 1+4, or 5, EVs per Patrat/Lillipup. If you have Pokerus, give Dratini Pokerus as well because then Pokerus stacks with the Power items and doubles the number of EVs you will get per battle - so with the Power Bracer + Pokerus, your Dratini will get 10 Attack EVs for every Patrat/Lillipup it fights, bringing down the number of Patrats/Lillipups you need to fight down to 16.

For Basculin (1 Speed EV), do the exact same thing except with the Power Anklet.

HP is Stunfisk, Iccirus City, +2 HP. So fight two of those. And then you're done EV-training! Then you can take Dratini through the Elite Four as many times as you want, and fight as many in-game battles as you , without worrying about messing up EVs.

aurasageluke

AuraSage
Hey, there! I got a question about Power boosting for Breloom...

How much power does Bullet Seed get from Swords dance and Technician? (It's normally 25)

How much power does Mach Punch get from Swords Dance and Technician (It's normally 40)

Please PM/VM me the answer.

Hey, there! I got a question about Power boosting for Breloom...

How much power does Bullet Seed get from Swords dance and Technician? (It's normally 25)

How much power does Mach Punch get from Swords Dance and Technician (It's normally 40)

Please PM/VM me the answer.

Bullet Seed is 25, so 25 * 1.5 = 37.5. If it hits five times it's dealing 187.5 damage. Mach Punch is 40, so 40 * 1.5 is 60. factor in stab, and that's another 1.5 boost.

aurasageluke

AuraSage
Bullet Seed is 25, so 25 * 1.5 = 37.5. If it hits five times it's dealing 187.5 damage. Mach Punch is 40, so 40 * 1.5 is 60. factor in stab, and that's another 1.5 boost.

That Bullet Seed is awesome >u> I can't wait until I get a flawless Technician Breloom. Thanks for the help!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Is there any way to make my swarm last longer than a day other than continually changing the time on my game's clock right before midnight?

Amphy11

Hi. I'm trying to "see" every Pokemon in my White version. (So I can trade for what I want/need on the GTN ) I know that Vullaby/Mandibuzz are Black exclussive; but does anyone know where I can battle a trainer that has one so I can at least have it in my pokedex? I've seen pleanty of other Black exclusive mons such as Cotonee and Shrumish, so why is Vullaby so elusive?

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Is there any way to make my swarm last longer than a day other than continually changing the time on my game's clock right before midnight?
No. You obviously don't have to change it right before midnight, though.

Hi. I'm trying to "see" every Pokemon in my White version. (So I can trade for what I want/need on the GTN ) I know that Vullaby/Mandibuzz are Black exclussive; but does anyone know where I can battle a trainer that has one so I can at least have it in my pokedex? I've seen pleanty of other Black exclusive mons such as Cotonee and Shrumish, so why is Vullaby so elusive?
There is no trainer in Black/White with a Vullaby or Mandibuzz (see http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshudex.shtml).

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Thanks for the help guys! I wonder where I heard 60% from then? I'm pretty sure it was on here but oh well. I'm gonna see what other Pokemon have Chlorophyll and then I might try and trade for a Cottonee (and fingers crossed it's legit). :)

EDIT: So I was thinking about training up a Chlorophyll pokemon as a potential team member. Atm I'm looking at Whimsicott, Lilligant, Tropius, Victreebel or Jumpluff. What do you guys think would be best/which is your favourite?

So you know, my style is I suppose semi-competitive - I don't have a big team plan going on....I like to train my pokes so that that they have the potential to be competitive players but I'm not actually that fussed about winning lots of competitive matches, so feel free to pick something you might not normally pick as long as you can back it up a bit and don't worry too much about how it'd fit into the team (I can worry about that later). I will also probably MM for whatever pokemon I decide on so if you like you can factor the attractiveness of the shiny sprite into your decisions as well haha. :)

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
*Shakes fist at Gamefreak* Ah well. Thanks for the info.

There are plenty of people on Serebii who would just give you a Vullaby. It's not a big deal. I can give you one if you want.

Thanks for the help guys! I wonder where I heard 60% from then? I'm pretty sure it was on here but oh well. I'm gonna see what other Pokemon have Chlorophyll and then I might try and trade for a Cottonee (and fingers crossed it's legit). :)

EDIT: So I was thinking about training up a Chlorophyll pokemon as a potential team member. Atm I'm looking at Whimsicott, Lilligant, Tropius, Victreebel or Jumpluff. What do you guys think would be best/which is your favourite?

So you know, my style is I suppose semi-competitive - I don't have a big team plan going on....I like to train my pokes so that that they have the potential to be competitive players but I'm not actually that fussed about winning lots of competitive matches, so feel free to pick something you might not normally pick as long as you can back it up a bit and don't worry too much about how it'd fit into the team (I can worry about that later). I will also probably MM for whatever pokemon I decide on so if you like you can factor the attractiveness of the shiny sprite into your decisions as well haha. :)

Other than Chlorophyll Venusaur (who is AWESOME, b-t-dubs), I think I like Whimsicott the best, because it's a great annoyer and a Chlorophyll one would be disgustingly fast. Whimsicott's base Speed is 116, so a Chlorophyll Whimsicott would have a BASE speed of 232. Give it a Timid nature (+10%) and 252 Speed EVs (+64 points) and DEAR HOLY ARCEUS, it would have a max Speed of 728 with 31 IVs. It's so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes.

I once battled a Tropius on the Random Wifi Battles that was pretty good. Jumpluff has a pretty shiny sprite.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Other than Chlorophyll Venusaur (who is AWESOME, b-t-dubs), I think I like Whimsicott the best, because it's a great annoyer and a Chlorophyll one would be disgustingly fast. Whimsicott's base Speed is 116, so a Chlorophyll Whimsicott would have a BASE speed of 232. Give it a Timid nature (+10%) and 252 Speed EVs (+64 points) and DEAR HOLY ARCEUS, it would have a max Speed of 728 with 31 IVs. It's so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes.
Slow down, there. You don't multiply the base Speed by 2 when accounting for Chlorophyll (you multiply the final Speed stat), and 252 EVs equate to 63 points at level 100. You've got the 728 figure right for the max Speed, though.

I'm not sure I see the merits of Chlorophyll over Prankster for Whimsicott since higher priority beats higher Speed. I could see any of the others working.

There are plenty of people on Serebii who would just give you a Vullaby. It's not a big deal. I can give you one if you want.

I once battled a Tropius on the Random Wifi Battles that was pretty good. Jumpluff has a pretty shiny sprite.

like TotalPotato said, Chlorophyll has little to no benefits over Prankster. +1 on just about all the moves Whimiscott will ever use beats doubled speed.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
To be fair, I love Shiny Whimisicott so much I'll probably MM for one even if I don't choose it as my Chlorophyll Pokemon. All it's abilities look good to me. :) Thanks though guys!

Hey guys, I haven't really played anything since HG/SS but I recently picked up a White version, my issue is that I'm having a hard time finding something worthwhile to hunt for leveling purposes prior to defeating N and Ghetzis. Using lucky egg on one of my team members, I rarely get over 600-800~exp, and if there's type issues I sometimes have to switch to another team member with type advantages. So my question is: Are there any places that give fairly good exp (1.5k~ or higher with a lucky egg) for lvl 50+ Pokemon to level up on? Audino's been one of the better ones I've found, but they're a little hard to find, and I'm pretty sure I've KOed all the trainers in the game (excluding battle subway which I assume gives no exp similar to battle tower/frontier in previous versions)

Dangertrout

Hey guys, I haven't really played anything since HG/SS but I recently picked up a White version, my issue is that I'm having a hard time finding something worthwhile to hunt for leveling purposes prior to defeating N and Ghetzis. Using lucky egg on one of my team members, I rarely get over 600-800~exp, and if there's type issues I sometimes have to switch to another team member with type advantages. So my question is: Are there any places that give fairly good exp (1.5k~ or higher with a lucky egg) for lvl 50+ Pokemon to level up on? Audino's been one of the better ones I've found, but they're a little hard to find, and I'm pretty sure I've KOed all the trainers in the game (excluding battle subway which I assume gives no exp similar to battle tower/frontier in previous versions)

There are daily battles at the small stadium and big stadium in nimbasa and the royal unova in castelia. I'm not sure what level they're at before the first E4 run... I'm pretty sure they scaled with your gym progress though.

Swagsire

My suggestion. Big stadium and Small court. Also, run outside of grass and wait for the rustling patch. Alot of the time, audino will appear. Qwaaa ;195;

Thanks guys, didn't know that the stadiums actually scaled with badges/league completion, I just remembered that they had 1-2 trainers the first time I went by and it wasn't that great :)

Oh, and Royal Unova is unlocked after you beat N and Ghetsis I think. I tried it but the attendant told me that they were still preparing.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So I'm thinking about trying to alter one of my pokémon's speed to make it faster than another one of mine for a combo.

Will having the one I want to go first's speed be better just by one point be enough to have them always go first of my two pokémon, or will the order vary just like I think it does when the speeds are the same?

Does anyone know how to get to the P2 Laboratory? I've tried like, a lot of times, and I don't know how to get in!

Status
Not open for further replies.