• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Whoops, that's what I meant, lol. Thank you.

AAML45

Hey everyone.

I'm new to Pokemon White (the version I bought) and was looking for advice for a team (just for in-game, not competitive).

I picked Snivy as my starter and it has evolved into Servine. I beat the first gym already and just helped Cheren beat the Team Plasma members inside the cave near route 3.

So far, aside from Servine, I have a lvl 13 Panpour, lvl 12 Blitzle, and lvl 11 Pidove...although I am not really sure if I am going to seriously train any of them.

Anyways, can someone recommend me some pokemon to build a team around with Snivy as my starter?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hey everyone.

I'm new to Pokemon White (the version I bought) and was looking for advice for a team (just for in-game, not competitive).

I picked Snivy as my starter and it has evolved into Servine. I beat the first gym already and just helped Cheren beat the Team Plasma members inside the cave near route 3.

So far, aside from Servine, I have a lvl 13 Panpour, lvl 12 Blitzle, and lvl 11 Pidove...although I am not really sure if I am going to seriously train any of them.

Anyways, can someone recommend me some pokemon to build a team around with Snivy as my starter?

Sandile is a good choice. I replaced Panpour with my Tortouga

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys.^-^
How can I re battle Bianca after finishing the game?I visited her on sunday but she wasn't at prof.Junioer's lab.She was at her own house.

ShinyTorchicDude

AlwaysWinning
Hey everyone.

Don't use Blitzle later on it's a waste of time because as Zebstrika it's not very good either

Ranic

I used a ditto, were its name and OT are in Japaneses, for MM in Platinum. I made sure it was real with an everstone equip to it (I was iffy because it was caught with a master ball) but after using Poke Transfer to bring it up to White trying to get the better odds the name and OT changed to Ditto and MICHAEL.

My question is will this Ditto still work for MM?

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
Hey everyone.

Get rid of Panpour, he seems good at the beginning of the game, but by the elite 4, he's basically useless. I used Swanna, mostly so I can have the HM's I need. She's okay, but not that great. She equals Unfezant, but her water-typing puts her a bit ahead.
Blitzle is kinda like Panpour, I hear Joltik/Galvantula isn't that bad if you're fixed on having an electric-type. Tynamo/Eelektross is another great option, containing good stats and a good movepool.
One guy that basically everyone gets: Archen, evolving into Archeops. Freaking vicious if you can keep his health above 50% (choose the Plume fossil at Relic Castle).
Also used Vanillite/Vanilluxe, I think he's a pretty underrated Pokemon aside from his weak movepool.
And there's also Litwick/Chandelure, having basically the best special attack in the entire game, liked using her.
Just some stuff I've used in the past. I got Larvesta as well, but I don't recommend it as he doesn't evolve until level 60 or something.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Can anyone tell me a good spot to train for the 2nd battle against the elite 4? I know the champion's pokemon are around 75 but my pokemon need some training before I can beat him. Also if you could tell me if I have a team that is good enough to beat Alder that'd be great. I don't want to change any of the pokemon because I've had them since I started playing a few years ago but tips for moves on each pokemon would be greatly appreciated! Venasaur: Giga Drain, Solar Beam, Earthquake, Sludge Bomb; Gengar:Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Hypnosis, Dream Eater; Raichu: Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Volt Tackle, Strength; Charizard: Fly, Flamethrower, Outrage, Wing Attack; Poliwrath: Body Slam, Hypnosis, Surf, Waterfall; Semisage: Acrobatics, Brick Break, Crunch, Seed Bomb. They're each around level 60.

It is I-

Can anyone tell me a good spot to train for the 2nd battle against the elite 4? I know the champion's pokemon are around 75 but my pokemon need some training before I can beat him. Also if you could tell me if I have a team that is good enough to beat Alder that'd be great. I don't want to change any of the pokemon because I've had them since I started playing a few years ago but tips for moves on each pokemon would be greatly appreciated! Venasaur: Giga Drain, Solar Beam, Earthquake, Sludge Bomb; Gengar:Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Hypnosis, Dream Eater; Raichu: Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Volt Tackle, Strength; Charizard: Fly, Flamethrower, Outrage, Wing Attack; Poliwrath: Body Slam, Hypnosis, Surf, Waterfall; Semisage: Acrobatics, Brick Break, Crunch, Seed Bomb. They're each around level 60.

For training I have raised about six pokemon to Lv. 100 by giving them the lucky Egg and then defeating every pokemon in both sports' domes with just the one pokemon. It will take a few days per pokemon however. I have also raised six pokemon to Lv. 70 just fighting Adinos on Route 13, but that also takes lots of time.

Alder's Volcarona is Lv. 77 and is dangerous. You ought to figure out which one of your pokemon that can be tmed Rock slide is fastest, and raise it to atleast 80 maybe 85.

After that, his teams' glaring weaknesses are Fire, Fighting, and Dragon; all of which you have covered

For the rest of the Elite Four you need: Ghost, Fighting, Ground, Fire, and Psychic/Flying attacks.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Thanks, I'm new to these higher levels of pokemon so training for the champion is hard. I really appreciate the help!

Reamer182

ShellBack Trainer
I have a question about event pokemon. The color of the OT signifies the gender of the trainer, well do the event have a preset gender or is it based on yours

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I have a question about event pokemon. The color of the OT signifies the gender of the trainer, well do the event have a preset gender or is it based on yours

The OT names show up in red for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.