• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

master rad

master of pokemon
okay i have both black and white, and my white has all my best and brightest pokemon, do yu think it wuld b worth it to start my black all over again and try going through it with a different team?

Aquanova

okay i have both black and white, and my white has all my best and brightest pokemon, do yu think it wuld b worth it to start my black all over again and try going through it with a different team?
If you dont mind losing what you have on the game and want to play again, you could restart it, though if you can transfer what you want to keep to White, do so before restarting, but it's up to you.

spyrosgost

OFFLINE FOR EVER
Hi guys i just want to ask something because these days i am thinking of buying black version or black 2...can you tell me yours opionios..IS black 2 better than the black 2 about graphics?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi guys i just want to ask something because these days i am thinking of buying black version or black 2...can you tell me yours opionios..IS black 2 better than the black 2 about graphics?

Do you mean is Black 2 better than Black in terms of graphics? If that's what you mean, no. They use the exact same engine.

b92bomber

Hey everyone! So, I just got pokemon black, and I'm about to go for my fourth gym badge, but I want to bulk up my team a bit first. Right now my team consists of Dewott lvl 27, Simisear lvl 25, and a Roggenrolla that I just caught, lvl 16. What should I catch as my 4th team member, and where should I go to train?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hey everyone! So, I just got pokemon black, and I'm about to go for my fourth gym badge, but I want to bulk up my team a bit first. Right now my team consists of Dewott lvl 27, Simisear lvl 25, and a Roggenrolla that I just caught, lvl 16. What should I catch as my 4th team member, and where should I go to train?

I recommend Sandile/Krokorok. Train in the Desert Resort and other routes surrounding the city. Make sure you beat all the trainers

lokowoko

PokeBreeder
when should i use the fire stone on Growlithe and the water stone on Staryu?

Zoruagible

when should i use the fire stone on Growlithe and the water stone on Staryu?

It depends on how soon you want them to learn a certain move they can learn by leveling them up.

Zoruagible

If you look on Bulbapedia you can see the moves they can learn

Lolo72

I don't know where to ask for help regarding Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the 3DS, but since this is about the 5th gen , I'll ask here.

I've been wanting to recruit a Wingull, but they are only found on Dreamy Island. I have this area, I have beaten the story, however I can't recruit any of the pokemon in that area, it says "Befriend: No". Serebii indicates you can recruit there. Is there something I am missing? I am Diamond Rank Rescue Team, and I have 5 areas to my Paradise.

JohnLynch

Hey. Long lapsed player (from 2000 in fact).

In Pokemon Red/Blue there were a couple of instances where you had a choice of multiple Pokemon and you could only pick 1 of them, making it impossible to get the others. These choices were (from memory):
  • Fossil Pokemon (you had a choice of 2, and once you picked it the other became impossible to get)
  • Evee (back before breeding was around, the second you evolved evee it became impossible to get any of the other evee evolutions without trading)

I was wondering if there are any instances like this in Pokemon Black. I've already had a choice of two fossils and I've picked one. Does that mean the other fossil I didn't pick is now impossible to get? Also are there any other pokemon like this?

Zoruagible

Hey. Long lapsed player (from 2000 in fact).

In Pokemon Red/Blue there were a couple of instances where you had a choice of multiple Pokemon and you could only pick 1 of them, making it impossible to get the others. These choices were (from memory):
  • Fossil Pokemon (you had a choice of 2, and once you picked it the other became impossible to get)
  • Evee (back before breeding was around, the second you evolved evee it became impossible to get any of the other evee evolutions without trading)

I was wondering if there are any instances like this in Pokemon Black. I've already had a choice of two fossils and I've picked one. Does that mean the other fossil I didn't pick is now impossible to get? Also are there any other pokemon like this?

The fossil is your only choice like that but you can trade to get the other one easily

JohnLynch

The fossil is your only choice like that but you can trade to get the other one easily
Heh. Not such a big deal with online trading and breeding. Thank you.

spyrosgost

OFFLINE FOR EVER
Hi i was ev training my zapdos and i have power items+ pokerus and i thought that each pokemon was given me +8 ev..but actually it was given to me +10...so i was wondering if i overdo the ''252'' number what happen?Its stop there and i have other 252 ev to train another stat?

Dangertrout

Hi i was ev training my zapdos and i have power items+ pokerus and i thought that each pokemon was given me +8 ev..but actually it was given to me +10...so i was wondering if i overdo the ''252'' number what happen?Its stop there and i have other 252 ev to train another stat?

the most you can get in one stat is 255. you'll be able to do your other 252 stat without problems, but if you were hoping to do 4 EVs in another stat for that one extra point, you won't be able to

i just got white 2, and i want to transfer all of my pokemon from black to it. ive already reached the point where i can trade, but the only way i can find is one at a time. is there a faster way? i have nearly 60 pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.