• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadabrafreak890

2nd Gen Lover
Yep. You can see all the cloud Pokemon at the house where the old lady that showed your version's cloud lives.

Don't think I can do that. I googled it and seems like the only way I can see the other cloud is by trading(unless she just doesn't want to show me right now).

Also, following up on seeing everything...is there anyway to see Zoura without trading my event Celebi over? Because I'd rather not if I don't have to...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Don't think I can do that. I googled it and seems like the only way I can see the other cloud is by trading(unless she just doesn't want to show me right now).

Also, following up on seeing everything...is there anyway to see Zoura without trading my event Celebi over? Because I'd rather not if I don't have to...

The girl that gives you Zorua will show you one

Ok I have a question. It's about the Man dressed in black who's found in the house on the lonely Island on Route 18 (The Same house where you receive the Egg for Lvl1 Larvesta), What does he want from you? He asks if you have something cool in your bag but I'm unsure what hes after. I've read many walkthroughs that mention this house and Getting the Egg but nothing about this guy and then they never mention this house in their walkthroughs again. What does he need and what do you get for it?

Phantom Wolf DX

I have a question, I'm IV-breeding for the first time, since I am playing Pokemon and I read Bulbapedia and Serebii about the mechanics (about passing natures, Power items (Lens et cetera) and the Stat Judge in Gear Station).

Now I am curious, how many IVs can you max out (31) by breeding? I have a male Spiritomb with 4x 31 stats and a female Spiritomb with 3x 31 stats. Is it possible to eventually get all 6 stats 31 IV?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I have a question, I'm IV-breeding for the first time, since I am playing Pokemon and I read Bulbapedia and Serebii about the mechanics (about passing natures, Power items (Lens et cetera) and the Stat Judge in Gear Station).

Now I am curious, how many IVs can you max out (31) by breeding? I have a male Spiritomb with 4x 31 stats and a female Spiritomb with 3x 31 stats. Is it possible to eventually get all 6 stats 31 IV?

Yes, you can max out all IVs with a 31. This is called a "perfect" Pokemon or "perfect" IVs. Perfect Dittos are high in demand for IV breeders, as you can attach a Power item to them to pass on the perfect IV of your choice. In some cases, "perfect" Pokemon don't have 31 IVs all around, but only in stats that matter - for Example, Alakazam can have 31/0/31/31/31/31 and still be considered perfect because Alakazam doesn't need its Attack stat.

Also, if I'm remembering this correctly, offspring will gain at least one, but up to three, IVs from each of its parents. The Power item allows you to control at least two of these (if each parent has one) that are passed down.

Last edited:

Jomardai

Regarding the roaming legendary Tornadus, I want a good nature Tornadus either Modest or Timid so I saved the game before the Old grandma. During my hunts, I let my bro hold the ds because of urgent business when I came he saved and my Tornadus was ruin. I heard that Tornadus' nature would have changes after you defeated Elite 4. It is true? I can't decide for now. I want a true answer.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Regarding the roaming legendary Tornadus, I want a good nature Tornadus either Modest or Timid so I saved the game before the Old grandma. During my hunts, I let my bro hold the ds because of urgent business when I came he saved and my Tornadus was ruin. I heard that Tornadus' nature would have changes after you defeated Elite 4. It is true? I can't decide for now. I want a true answer.

You will have to KO Tornadus for anything to change. Once you KO Tornadus and beat the E$ he will respawn. However, you cannot SR this way as the game will save automatically, so if you want a new nature, you will have to keep KOing Tornadus and beating the E4.

kadabrafreak890

2nd Gen Lover
So I'm going to go ahead and try and catch Tornadus. I want to put it to sleep first, but the only pokemon I own with a sleep move is a level 14 or so Sewaddle. Anyway I can outspeed Tornadus with an item attached or such so I can put it to sleep, or am I just going to have to take the time to level up Sewaddle a bit?

Thanks in advance.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
So I'm going to go ahead and try and catch Tornadus. I want to put it to sleep first, but the only pokemon I own with a sleep move is a level 14 or so Sewaddle. Anyway I can outspeed Tornadus with an item attached or such so I can put it to sleep, or am I just going to have to take the time to level up Sewaddle a bit?

Thanks in advance.

go find a Watchog, they learn hypnosis & mean look & super fang (cuts HP to half) all by level 36...

spyrosgost

OFFLINE FOR EVER
Guys when i am going to battle at wi fi random matchup,its take me about 10-15 minutes to find an oppenent.Doesn't it too long?Or this is the only way?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Guys when i am going to battle at wi fi random matchup,its take me about 10-15 minutes to find an oppenent.Doesn't it too long?Or this is the only way?

It all has to do with your network, there's nothing you can do about it.

Jomardai

How can you befriend with Legendaries in Pokemon Dream World?

kadabrafreak890

2nd Gen Lover
Okay, so in BW, the EV mechanics were changed so that EV's are calculated at the end of a battle, rather than when it levels up, making it so that you can EV train a lvl. 100. Here's my question--say I'm EV training in Attack and I get 4 ev points...I will see that change in my stats at the end of the battle regardless of whether or not I level up, correct?

And is there anyway to count EV's if you haven't been keeping track?

Thanks in advance.

Myrrh

Okay, so in BW, the EV mechanics were changed so that EV's are calculated at the end of a battle, rather than when it levels up, making it so that you can EV train a lvl. 100. Here's my question--say I'm EV training in Attack and I get 4 ev points...I will see that change in my stats at the end of the battle regardless of whether or not I level up, correct?

And is there anyway to count EV's if you haven't been keeping track?

Thanks in advance.

If the Pokemon in question is Level 100 or a relatively high level then you should see the increase to its stat after gaining 4 EVs even if no Level Up, yeah.

There is no way besides keeping track. Though if you know for sure what the IVs of the Pokemon in question is you can use this to calculate EVs. Works better at higher levels, and again, one must know exact IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.