• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
As the super-thin DS game cards give away, internal batteries are not a thing anymore.

Okay thanks I was super worryed about losing clocked based events.

LH1991

In EV training would I boost the the two stats that are being boosted and lowered? For example if I had a lonely Oshawott and it's attack was being boosted and it's defence was being lowered, would these be the two best stats to EV train? I'm a little confused on what secondary stat should be EV trained.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
In EV training would I boost the the two stats that are being boosted and lowered? For example if I had a lonely Oshawott and it's attack was being boosted and it's defence was being lowered, would these be the two best stats to EV train? I'm a little confused on what secondary stat should be EV trained.

Depends on what you're using the Pokemon for. For example, an attacker you'd likely want to EV train in their specific attack stat (Attack for physical attacker and Special Attack for special attacker) and Speed. It would never be recommended to EV train the stats being lowered by a Nature, because if you wanted to EV train for that stat you shouldn't have a Nature that lowers it.

Golduck Is Cool

Hey guys. Who are all the available water types in White 2, before the Elite Four? I know Psyduck but I felt like I'll give ol' Psyduck a break.

(Oh, is there a way this could be moved to Black and White 2 questions thread?) Sorry!

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hey guys. Who are all the available water types in White 2, before the Elite Four? I know Psyduck but I felt like I'll give ol' Psyduck a break.

Oshawatt - starter
Psyduck/Golduck - pretty much everywhere where there's water
Azurill/Marrill/Azumarill - Floccesy Ranch and a ton of other places where there's water
Panpour - Pinwheel Forest/Lostlorn Forest
Vaporeon - Castelia Sewers (catch Eevee and evolve with Water Stone)
Ducklett - Driftveil Drawbridge
Basculin - pretty much anywhere where there's water, including Aspertia City, Route 19, Route 20, Floccesy Ranch, Lostlorn Forest, Relic Passage (requires Surf)
Frillish/Jellicent - pretty much everywhere where there's ocean water (requires Surf)
Buizel - Lostlorn Forest (requires Surf), Route 14 (requires Surf)
Staryu/Starmie - Undella Town, Route 13, Humilau City (requires Surf)
Mantyke/Mantine - Undella Bay (requires Surf)
Remoraid - Undella Bay (requires Surf)
Wailmer/Wailord - Undella Bay (requires Surf/rippling water)
Spheal/Sealeo/Wailren - Undella Bay (requires Surf, rippling water, only during Winter)
Pelipper - Route 13
Lapras - Village Bridge (requires Surf, rippling water)
Corsola - Humilau City (requires Surf, rippling water)
Alomomola - Route 21 (requires Surf, rippling water)
Seel/Dewgong - Seaside Cave, Giant Chasm

I hope I got them all!

SilverRazar

Hey guys just got a quick question. First playthrough of Black and I was wondering what the HM situation is. I'm 5 gyms in and I'm wondering if I should waste a spot on an HM slave...do I miss out on any rare pokemon in caves/get stuck if I don't have someone with Flash/cut/rock smash/strength?

I will be using Fly and Surf anyway, but I have a chance to delete strength from my Darmantian's moveset which I want to do. but was wondering if I'd need it again? And if I'll need some of the more useless hms is there a pokemon in black/white that can learn all of flash/cut/strength?

echo13

You'll definitely need a strength user. Most, if not all caves, have strength boulders, and a few routes. I think cut is used only a few times, same with flash. Can't remember about rock smash... I just used a Crustle with cut, strength, and rock smash and a Jellicent with surf, flash, and waterfall.

Just checked, Watchog can learn flash, cut, rock smash, and strength.

Last edited:

SilverRazar

You'll definitely need a strength user. Most, if not all caves, have strength boulders, and a few routes. I think cut is used only a few times, same with flash. Can't remember about rock smash... I just used a Crustle with cut, strength, and rock smash and a Jellicent with surf, flash, and waterfall.

Just checked, Watchog can learn flash, cut, rock smash, and strength.

Wow. guess I'm using Watchdog as my HM slave.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
If there is a thrend for this let me know so I looked it up and found out that Emolga can learn Iron tail though breeding and also shock wave.
My question is when I breed my Mareep with Blitze then Emolga will I get get Iron Tail if not how?

carpark

If you're breeding for a specific nature, is the nature applied to the pokemon when the egg hatches, or when you receive the egg? Wondering when to save/reset

carpark

I think everything is set when you receive the egg from the Daycare Man. To be sure to get the nature you want, if one of the parents has that nature, have them hold an Everstone. Makes the baby guaranteed to have that nature. Otherwise you'll probably be resetting a lot...

Great, thanks! :)

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
I by accident traded my Exp share away I was training a Dewott for another Pokemon on the GTS.
Is there any way I could get another Exp share if so where?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I by accident traded my Exp share away I was training a Dewott for another Pokemon on the GTS.
Is there any way I could get another Exp share if so where?

Assuming this is the one you got in Castelia City, you can get another in Icirrus City. In the Pokemon Fan Club building, show the owner a Pokemon that's been trained up 25-49 levels above the level you caught it. He'll give you another Exp. Share.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Assuming this is the one you got in Castelia City, you can get another in Icirrus City. In the Pokemon Fan Club building, show the owner a Pokemon that's been trained up 25-49 levels above the level you caught it. He'll give you another Exp. Share.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT:I tried that too and when I showed him my Level 100 Haxsoaurs I only recieved a clense tag.
You said there is one in Castelia city where?

Last edited:

Thefourelements

it seems like everytime im in White Forest its the same pokes there. I go around and talk to everyone and visit every day and nothing changes. Am i doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.