• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

omnimmortal

King Karp
Could anyone help me with IV breeding. I understand how to IV breed with the power weapons, but when I breed my 31 speed ditto with my 31 attack axew (both holding their power items) the axew that hatches does not have 31 attack/speed. Is it random?

Charizard8d

Dragon Tamer
I find myself unable to find 5000pnts+ pokemon in the pokemon dream world for my Black version although I have over 6000 points. I can however find 5000pnts+ pokemon when using my Black 2 version in the dream world which also has 6000+ points. Trust me I have been using Serebii's list of pokemon found in the DW and I have searched the island of dreams until pokemon no longer appear and I absolutely can not find any pokemon requiring 5000 or more dream points. Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening and how I can fix it?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I find myself unable to find 5000pnts+ pokemon in the pokemon dream world for my Black version although I have over 6000 points. I can however find 5000pnts+ pokemon when using my Black 2 version in the dream world which also has 6000+ points. Trust me I have been using Serebii's list of pokemon found in the DW and I have searched the island of dreams until pokemon no longer appear and I absolutely can not find any pokemon requiring 5000 or more dream points. Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening and how I can fix it?

The only thing unlocked at 5000+ Dream Points is the Sparkling Sea, and that's also after you have 8 Badges. More Pokemon are unlocked once you earn 7500 and then 10,000 Dream Points.

Charizard8d

Dragon Tamer
Thanks for clearing that up for me! That makes scene since I have 8500 points on Black 2. I was mislead into thinking more pokemon were available after getting 5000 points because of Serebii.net's Island of Dreams page which says 5000 points is a requirement in the 'Accessed by' column. (The owner of this website should really fix that) I wanted to use Black for the 7500pnts+ pokemon and Black 2 for the 10000pnts+ ones so naturally I stopped playing minigames with Black since I thought not more points were required. Oh well I still have time to get all the pokemon I want from the DW since I count 59 days from the 12th until the tucking in of pokemon is no longer possible.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Okay so I'm making a Johto based team and I need advice on team members.
So far I have decided
All three Johto staters
Azmarrill
Ampharos
Undcided
For my last slot I either want Scizor or Something to fly with what should that last slot be?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Okay so I'm making a Johto based team and I need advice on team members.
So far I have decided
All three Johto staters
Azmarrill
Ampharos
Undcided
For my last slot I either want Scizor or Something to fly with what should that last slot be?

Is this an in-game team? If so, you need to go to the 5th Gen In-Game RMT Thread.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this kind of question..

I'm trying to transfer/migrate my pokemon from HG/Pt to White/B2. But the games are all roms and I use r4. So it is not possible for me to transfer?
If not, since I don't think I'm able to buy original pokemon games, could I just ask for help from someone kind in this forum that has HG/Pt and then I would "trade" with him via "wifi", then ask him/her to "transfer/migrate" my traded pokemon from his HG/Pt to my White/B2 (via "wifi", since he/she is far away)?

Thanks. :(

Kelphy

Calm Trainer
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this kind of question..

I'm trying to transfer/migrate my pokemon from HG/Pt to White/B2. But the games are all roms and I use r4. So it is not possible for me to transfer?
If not, since I don't think I'm able to buy original pokemon games, could I just ask for help from someone kind in this forum that has HG/Pt and then I would "trade" with him via "wifi", then ask him/her to "transfer/migrate" my traded pokemon from his HG/Pt to my White/B2 (via "wifi", since he/she is far away)?

Thanks. :(

I don't think many would approve of you here. We all like to play the games on our 3DS/2DS/DS and play properly.
Just so I don't come off as completely rude, no if I recall you can not transfer your pokemon from Rom to Rom.
A DS Emulator barely works, so online compatibility just does not seem in the books. They would need to configure
the entire architect of the actual console they emulated which would be a VERY tedious task.

I recommend you go buy a 2DS($110 CHEAP) coming out 12/10/13 which is same as X and Y. They might not be
as attractive as a 3DS but wouldn't you rather be able to play with everyone on this website and trade with
each other?

A good reason why getting a 2DS would be good is they will be coming out with a Pokemon Bank in about
December if I recall, which WILL allow you to transfer pokemon to each game. Problem is, you will need
to start the game again.

Anyway, I hope you can find money to buy a 2DS and X or Y. :) Emulators are unpredictable, restrictive and
you can't carry them around with you! :p

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
I don't think many would approve of you here. We all like to play the games on our 3DS/2DS/DS and play properly.
Just so I don't come off as completely rude, no if I recall you can not transfer your pokemon from Rom to Rom.
A DS Emulator barely works, so online compatibility just does not seem in the books. They would need to configure
the entire architect of the actual console they emulated which would be a VERY tedious task.

I recommend you go buy a 2DS($110 CHEAP) coming out 12/10/13 which is same as X and Y. They might not be
as attractive as a 3DS but wouldn't you rather be able to play with everyone on this website and trade with
each other?

A good reason why getting a 2DS would be good is they will be coming out with a Pokemon Bank in about
December if I recall, which WILL allow you to transfer pokemon to each game. Problem is, you will need
to start the game again.

Anyway, I hope you can find money to buy a 2DS and X or Y. :) Emulators are unpredictable, restrictive and
you can't carry them around with you! :p

No, I do not use a DS Emulator. I legally bought my own DSi. (I also have bought a 3DS for Pokemon X Y). It's just that I got roms online and use them on my DSi (So, yes, I can trade/battle online via wifi)

So? :(

Last edited:

Kelphy

Calm Trainer
No, I do not use a DS Emulator. I legally bought my own DSi. (I also have bought a 3DS for Pokemon X Y). It's just that I got roms online and use them on my DSi (So, yes, I can trade/battle online via wifi)

So? :(

Ohhh sorry, I misread I'm a little tired, let me go see if I can find my Pokemon Black 2, I'll transfer them for you.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
EDITED

Can someone answer my previous question:

Is that possible? ^
Since I'm trying to transfer my pokemon from Kelphy's to my WHite, and it keeps saying "Looking for software avaiable" on Nintendo Downlaod play. Must the two DS' be close to each other? or can they be connected via wifi? (from far away)

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
EDITED

Can someone answer my previous question:

Since I'm trying to transfer my pokemon from Kelphy's to my WHite, and it keeps saying "Looking for software avaiable" on Nintendo Downlaod play. Must the two DS' be close to each other? or can they be connected via wifi? (from far away)

They need to be Next to each other.. The 4th Gen game must be a Legitimate Copy, as Fakes, R4-like devices and other Rom Carts will not be recognised. Also Gen 5 Pokémon game Must be a Legitimate game for Gen 6's Pokémon Bank

This thread may be good place to if you want to transfer to Gen 5 but if you don't have the ability to do so with, but you may need to Look in the Trade shops: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?499788-Pokeshifting-Thread

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
They need to be Next to each other.. The 4th Gen game must be a Legitimate Copy, as Fakes, R4-like devices and other Rom Carts will not be recognised. Also Gen 5 Pokémon game Must be a Legitimate game for Gen 6's Pokémon Bank

So, I need to buy one legit game of gen 4 and one legit game of gen 5 (to send my pokemon from gen 4 and 5 roms to), if I want to send all my pokemon from gen 4 and 5 to pokemon XY?

I do have a 3DS (in addition to my DSi), that I can use as my "second DS".

---------------------------------------

This thread may be good place to if you want to transfer to Gen 5 but if you don't have the ability to do so with, but you may need to Look in the Trade shops: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?499788-Pokeshifting-Thread

That thread is used only if you don't have 2 DS' but want to trade your pokemon from gen 4 to gen 4 game and from gen 5 to gen 5 game right? You can not use that thread if you want to trade from gen 4 to gen 5 right? Since as you said, the two DSs must be next to each other if you want to use the Poketransfer feature.

but if so why do people ask this? V (gen 4 to gen 5)

Need someone to pokeshift my legends from hg and platinum to my black 2

thats ^ possible?

----------------------------------------

Sorry I asked too much. I'm trying to understand how it works :S

EDITED
Wait a sec.. I thought about it, that Pokeshifting thread is for people who have 2 DS' and two Pokemon games from two different gens and are willing to help others to transfer from gen 4 to gen 5?
So I would trade from my gen 4 to someone's gen 4, then he/she would use the poketransfer feature. After he/she is done transfering my pokemon from his gen 4 to gen 5 then he/she would trade those pokemon from his gen 5 to my gen 5?

That's how it works?? There are people actually willing to do that?? Wow. :D

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
How does Hidden Power work in regards to STAB? Would a Porygon-Z get STAB on HP Ice because its a Normal type move, or would Articuno get STAB on HP Ice even tho its Normal type?

Arande

No it would not. Since the move's type is whatever it is based on IV's, that poke would have to be the same type

So porygon would not get STAB, articuno would for HP ice

edward-pol

Hey guys, In order to get some shinies I want to try the Masude method, and I have a question-
how can I know if the pokemons that I got via the GTS, the ones with the japanese names) are actuelly from Japen?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey guys, In order to get some shinies I want to try the Masude method, and I have a question-
how can I know if the pokemons that I got via the GTS, the ones with the japanese names) are actuelly from Japen?

If you're looking for a breeding Parent, If the Pokémon is in it's only stage, basic or Baby stage, (That is Ditto, Chamander, and Pichu, etc) and it has a Japanese name it's Pokémon from Japanese Language game. Language Matters for the MM not exactly where the game cart is in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.