• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So, should I get Black/White or should I just say forget it and get Black 2/White 2? Also, which one should I get, like Black (2) or White (2)?

If you can only get one there's no point in getting B/W. As for which version, get whichever one you want. The differences are clearly documented around the internet.

razor fire

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't they just shut down the 5th gen global link? :s
They've only shut down the ability to tuck in pokemon. It is still possible to retrieve and wake up pokemon that are already in the dream world. Which kind of sucks for me, because it doesn't seem like I will be able to get my Arceus. Unless someone else knows of a workaround?

jestersky98

Please help, I'm trying to breed a Larvitar with dragon dance but I don't have a Charmander. What Pokémon can i use except for Charmander?

Wazblyk

Hello I dunno if anyone is gonna read this but I need help... I'm trying to transfer my pokemons from pearl to white using the tranfer lab... But everytime I try it the ds in wich my pearl game is a message appears saying the pokemon pc boxes don't have 6 pokemon to transfer... I have more than that in both games obviously... I'm also using 2 3DS systems... Please anyone I can't find anywhere an answer for this... Thank you

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hello I dunno if anyone is gonna read this but I need help... I'm trying to transfer my pokemons from pearl to white using the tranfer lab... But everytime I try it the ds in wich my pearl game is a message appears saying the pokemon pc boxes don't have 6 pokemon to transfer... I have more than that in both games obviously... I'm also using 2 3DS systems... Please anyone I can't find anywhere an answer for this... Thank you

If the current Save hasn't saved properly, you'll need to save again to make sure you access the game Pokémon.

In Pearl, Make sure you've actually got at least 6 Pokémon without HM moves in the boxes. Having a HM Move makes it impossible for a Pokémon to be Transfered. Also remove any item held by the Pokémon, items can't be sent to Gen 5. Save.

Also Make sure you've got Room in the Gen 5 game.

Wazblyk

If the current Save hasn't saved properly, you'll need to save again to make sure you access the game Pokémon.

In Pearl, Make sure you've actually got at least 6 Pokémon without HM moves in the boxes. Having a HM Move makes it impossible for a Pokémon to be Transfered. Also remove any item held by the Pokémon, items can't be sent to Gen 5. Save.

Also Make sure you've got Room in the Gen 5 game.

Thanks for the fast reply ;) I do have hm moves on them... So I'll try it out and I'll post back if worked

Wazblyk

Well actually its not working... Whatever I try it seems the game doesn't sees the pokemon I have in ny box.... I have 8 pokemons all coming from my SS game... My SS is the french canadian version so Idk about a problem between language cause even if one is in french its still one I bought in the same region as my pearl english version... Anyway thank you

Johanna

Old Fart
I don't know if this has been asked anywhere before, but please bear with me.

I want to transfer a Stantler in a Moon Ball from SS to White, eventually using transfer to put it in X. On the way through the White minigame, will the pokémon be stripped of its special ball and end up in a standard pokéball? If so, will it still have the Moon Ball when it makes it over to X?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I don't know if this has been asked anywhere before, but please bear with me.

I want to transfer a Stantler in a Moon Ball from SS to White, eventually using transfer to put it in X. On the way through the White minigame, will the pokémon be stripped of its special ball and end up in a standard pokéball? If so, will it still have the Moon Ball when it makes it over to X?

Stantler should remain in its Moon Ball when transferring to Gen V, as those balls are programmed into Gen V. If you tried to transfer it to D/P/Pt, it would be replaced with a normal Pokeball.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Okay, so I restarted my Black Version recently and just yesterday got to the entrance of Chargestone Cave on Route 6. Then something strange happened. I had my Dowsing Machine on, and I passed by the ledge on the westernmost edge of the outside entrance to Chargestone Cave (the area where Clay tore down the Galvantula web), and then the Machine alerted me to the presence of a hidden item on that ledge. But the strange thing is that as near as I can tell, there is no way to reach that ledge. I even tried using the Dowsing Machine in my girlfriend's game in the same area, and I don't think she would have picked it up because she doesn't habitually keep the Dowsing Machine on like I do, but nothing showed up on hers. I also tried changing the season to winter to see if it would be made accessible by a snow drift, but that didn't work either. Does anybody know if this is glitch, or if I'm just really oblivious about how to get to that item?

I'm including a picture of the area with an arrow pointing to where the item seems to be:

hidden item.jpg

Nulava

Banned
Okay, so I restarted my Black Version recently and just yesterday got to the entrance of Chargestone Cave on Route 6. Then something strange happened. I had my Dowsing Machine on, and I passed by the ledge on the westernmost edge of the outside entrance to Chargestone Cave (the area where Clay tore down the Galvantula web), and then the Machine alerted me to the presence of a hidden item on that ledge. But the strange thing is that as near as I can tell, there is no way to reach that ledge. I even tried using the Dowsing Machine in my girlfriend's game in the same area, and I don't think she would have picked it up because she doesn't habitually keep the Dowsing Machine on like I do, but nothing showed up on hers. I also tried changing the season to winter to see if it would be made accessible by a snow drift, but that didn't work either. Does anybody know if this is glitch, or if I'm just really oblivious about how to get to that item?

I'm including a picture of the area with an arrow pointing to where the item seems to be:

View attachment 12113

Go to Mistralton City. Simply go to the airfield and go to the bottom where the harvest is and use your Dowsing Machine to collect your item. There are other items located in the harvest as well.

Hope this helps. :)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Go to Mistralton City. Simply go to the airfield and go to the bottom where the harvest is and use your Dowsing Machine to collect your item. There are other items located in the harvest as well.

Hope this helps. :)

Yep, that was it. :) I didn't realize that the airfield was so close to the entrance of Chargestone Cave. Although to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. I was beginning to think that I had stumbled upon some strange new glitch. :p Still, thank you.

Last edited:

Lebon14

Slaking's brother
Hello guys.
I have a question and I am pretty sure somebody had the same question at some point. However, since it's a pretty simple question, I'm pretty sure you guys won't mind answering such question twice. Here I go.

Is it possible to transfer pokémon from 4th Gen into 5th Gen with a 3DS and a DS Lite? I am not sure about the DS Lite... that's why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hello guys.
I have a question and I am pretty sure somebody had the same question at some point. However, since it's a pretty simple question, I'm pretty sure you guys won't mind answering such question twice. Here I go.

Is it possible to transfer pokémon from 4th Gen into 5th Gen with a 3DS and a DS Lite? I am not sure about the DS Lite... that's why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance!

Yes it is.

Lebon14

Slaking's brother

Shavire

Dragoon
i recently started breeding on my White game and i got a question. if your wanting to get a 50 win streak in the super singles and super doubles train lines to get the trainer card upgrade do you need 5 or 6 IV stats? or can i achieve a 50 streak with 3 or 4 IV stats? my brother told me i had to have 5 or 6 to win. just want to know what's in store for me down the road.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
i recently started breeding on my White game and i got a question. if your wanting to get a 50 win streak in the super singles and super doubles train lines to get the trainer card upgrade do you need 5 or 6 IV stats? or can i achieve a 50 streak with 3 or 4 IV stats? my brother told me i had to have 5 or 6 to win. just want to know what's in store for me down the road.

Perfect IVs aren't necessary to achieve a 50 win streak in the Battle Subway, but it helps given that (I believe) the Battle Subway uses hex flawless Pokémon. I have achieved a 76 win streak in Super Doubles before with a team that had no perfect IVs whatsoever (lost at battle 77, because freeze hax stopped my Jellicent from setting up Trick Room), so I can assure you it's not a requirement to achieve a 50 win streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.