• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shavire

Dragoon
Perfect IVs aren't necessary to achieve a 50 win streak in the Battle Subway, but it helps given that (I believe) the Battle Subway uses hex flawless Pokémon. I have achieved a 76 win streak in Super Doubles before with a team that had no perfect IVs whatsoever (lost at battle 77, because freeze hax stopped my Jellicent from setting up Trick Room), so I can assure you it's not a requirement to achieve a 50 win streak.

okay thank you. glad of that, cause i'm not that skilled at battling/breeding yet. (barely won the PWT in my Black 2 game)

Dresden

Pokémon Master
So I just yesterday learned about the WFC going offline on May 20th. Will this affect Poketransfer and sending Pokemon from B/W + 2 to the Bank?

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
So I just yesterday learned about the WFC going offline on May 20th. Will this affect Poketransfer and sending Pokemon from B/W + 2 to the Bank?

Pokétransfer will not be affected, because it uses local wireless to transfer Pokémon from Gen 4 to Gen 5. The termination of WFC for DS and Wii will only affect the online features of games on those consoles. If you instead meant Poké Transporter (the means of transferring Pokémon from Gen 5 to Gen 6), that won't be affected either, because the termination of WFC only applies to the DS and Wii, while Poké Transporter is on the 3DS.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Pokétransfer will not be affected, because it uses local wireless to transfer Pokémon from Gen 4 to Gen 5. The termination of WFC for DS and Wii will only affect the online features of games on those consoles. If you instead meant Poké Transporter (the means of transferring Pokémon from Gen 5 to Gen 6), that won't be affected either, because the termination of WFC only applies to the DS and Wii, while Poké Transporter is on the 3DS.

Ah, sorry, got the names wrong. Yeah, I did mean Poke Transporter I guess. Still, it's good to know that I'll still be able to get my gen 4 stuff up to gen 6. Currently playing HG after getting back into Pokemon after a long hiatus, planning to work my way up to the newest ones. Wasn't sure if I had to rush my plans to progress through them. Good to know that I don't.

Thanks very much!

Versace

Hello. I have a question about my team. In Pokemon White I want my future team to hopefully be Emboar, Carracosta, Haxorus, and Braviary but I need 2 more Pokemon to balance out my team. What Pokemon would be best for my team? Really need help. Btw right now I am in Accumula town. I literally just started.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hello. I have a question about my team. In Pokemon White I want my future team to hopefully be Emboar, Carracosta, Haxorus, and Braviary but I need 2 more Pokemon to balance out my team. What Pokemon would be best for my team? Really need help. Btw right now I am in Accumula town. I literally just started.

Answered your question here.

kitkumi

Hello. I'm trying to transfer the last few game-specific Pokemon from my Diamond and Soul Silver to Black, and then ultimately on to Y. I thought that the Poke Transfer Lab in Black/White was said to not be affected when Nintendo shut down all Wi-Fi support (as it uses the Download Play option and local wireless) but I have not been able to access it since the shut-down. The Download Play doesn't find anything when it comes up. I'm using two different 3DS systems (which I thought I had used before, but I may have used the old, original DS system. It has been awhile lol). Is any one else having this problem, or did the Poke Transfer Lab ultimately get caught up in the shut-down as well? If it still works, any idea what I may be doing wrong? I know it has been asked before, but I only saw things asked prior to the shut down and not after. Thanks!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hello. I'm trying to transfer the last few game-specific Pokemon from my Diamond and Soul Silver to Black, and then ultimately on to Y. I thought that the Poke Transfer Lab in Black/White was said to not be affected when Nintendo shut down all Wi-Fi support (as it uses the Download Play option and local wireless) but I have not been able to access it since the shut-down. The Download Play doesn't find anything when it comes up. I'm using two different 3DS systems (which I thought I had used before, but I may have used the old, original DS system. It has been awhile lol). Is any one else having this problem, or did the Poke Transfer Lab ultimately get caught up in the shut-down as well? If it still works, any idea what I may be doing wrong? I know it has been asked before, but I only saw things asked prior to the shut down and not after. Thanks!

The 3ds line has two download play options under an Orange Icon on the main screen. You need to Select "DS Download play", not "3DS Download play", on the Console with sending Pokémon Game (DPPtHGSS). You know you will have got the right option, when the old DS UI appears.

Make sure that the Wireless Switches are On before you starting the DS Pokémon games, as the wireless will not turn back on after starting the DS game. You know if it works on the the 3dses as the wifi light will be lit. You'll have to rely on the 2DS menu option for the 2ds.

This is a slightly strange question, but I'm curious. Since there's 'Johto' location data in the coding of DPP (and presumably HGSS) that ended up going unused in those games, if a Pokemon was hacked to have it and migrated to Gen V, what would the location data read? I'd assume it'd revert back to 'Sinnoh' if the Pokemon was caught there, but I'd be interested to find out.

TrainerID18982

I don't have White, but during the last month I've played Black (1) for the first time. It's been fun. I hope you enjoy your new adventure.

It's a shame we can't trade over the internet anymore.
It gives this message whenever I try and access the online features:

"Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for this software has been discontinued. Visit support.nintendo .com for a list of current Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection-compatible software.

Error code: 20110

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
^The Wi-Fi Connection service for the DS games went down back in May, so it is impossible to access the online features anymore. That indeed means no more internet trading (I saw that you asked about that before you edited your post ;)).

And if you guys want to talk about what you've been doing in your BW games, there's a recent happenings thread for that.

robiswright

Does anyone know if the Unova/ memory link still works for black2 and white2 now that the wifi connection has been disconnected. I bought one recently and want to get the Regis to transfer to X and Y.

gui0rafa

Landorus and alikes

Hello,

In order to catch Landorus I must have both Tornadus and Thundurus. Is there any another mandatory pokemon to trigger events in BW? And BW2?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hello,

In order to catch Landorus I must have both Tornadus and Thundurus. Is there any another mandatory pokemon to trigger events in BW? And BW2?
Tornadus and Thundurus are all that you need to trigger Landorus in BW, though I believe one of them must be the one you caught in your game.

In BW2, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus have to be transferred from the Dream Radar app on 3DS.

Adil7

I have the following team after finishing the 7th gym
Emboar Lv.50
Eelektross Lv.40
Krookodile Lv.42
Carracosta Lv.40
Fraxure Lv.40
Sawsbuck Lv.40
Darmanitan Lv.40
Darumaka Lv.1

Is Emboar more suitable for my team or is Darmanitan the more suitable one(My darmanitan was leveled up from Lv.15 to 35 in the daycare) or Should I train Darumaka and use it ?
Also feel free to comment on the rest of my team

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have the following team after finishing the 7th gym
Emboar Lv.50
Eelektross Lv.40
Krookodile Lv.42
Carracosta Lv.40
Fraxure Lv.40
Sawsbuck Lv.40
Darmanitan Lv.40
Darumaka Lv.1

Is Emboar more suitable for my team or is Darmanitan the more suitable one(My darmanitan was leveled up from Lv.15 to 35 in the daycare) or Should I train Darumaka and use it ?
Also feel free to comment on the rest of my team

Whether to use Emboar or Darmanitan is something that you'll have to decide for yourself. If you're just trying to finish the main story, then either one will work since pretty much anything works ingame. I would suggesting thinking about which one you like better and whether you'd be willing to do extra training if you chose Darmanitan (since it's 10 levels behind Emboar atm).
IMO, training up the level 1 Darumaka probably isn't worth it at this point in the game, since it's so far behind every other Pokemon you have. So I'd just choose between the Darmanitan and Emboar.

Tonyriva

Dream World pokemon?

So... I've returned to pokemon after a lot of time...

After I transfered my pokemons from my black and black 2 to the pokebank, I noticed my good old friend Ho-oh was missing, after a good thought... I realized he was in the dream world!... so I was wondering, did Ho-oh died for good?, should I make a funeral and remember the good times?...

Aquarelle

Staff member
So... I've returned to pokemon after a lot of time...

After I transfered my pokemons from my black and black 2 to the pokebank, I noticed my good old friend Ho-oh was missing, after a good thought... I realized he was in the dream world!... so I was wondering, did Ho-oh died for good?, should I make a funeral and remember the good times?...

So, is your Ho-Oh currently tucked in (is that what you mean by "in the dream world")? You may be able to get it back. Bulbapedia's page on the Global Link does say that "Currently, players who have yet to do so may still awaken their Pokémon", so it sounds like you could just wake it up and get it back.
I have no way if verifying if that's true or not, but I guess it's worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.