• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyriva

Yeah, it's currently tucked in... but I don't know how to wake it up... as far as I remember to wake it up you had to synchronize the game, and now that's impossible... I don't really remember if there was other way

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
There was a grace period where you could wake up Pokemon but not tuck them in, that ended months and months ago. You've lost your Ho-Oh.

starknightx

I plan to buy New3DS this year and also plan to buy both White/White2 to play. It is worth my money because I just want to have Thunduras for White and Regigigas as for White2. Does anyone still playing those versions and is online trading of 5th generation still available or I should just move on to ORAS and better go to forum and look for some leftovers of these Pokemons I want? Thank you.

PS.sry for bad English in any case.

Aquarelle

Staff member
^Online trading is NOT possible for 4th or 5th gen games anymore. The wifi for DS games was shut down several months ago.
Online trading is possible for 6th gen games, though.

And whether getting White/White 2 is worth it is something you'll have to decide for yourself. I would recommend looking up what Pokemon, features, etc. are in the games and see if they appeal to you.

starknightx

^Online trading is NOT possible for 4th or 5th gen games anymore. The wifi for DS games was shut down several months ago.
Online trading is possible for 6th gen games, though.

And whether getting White/White 2 is worth it is something you'll have to decide for yourself. I would recommend looking up what Pokemon, features, etc. are in the games and see if they appeal to you.

Oh too bad I guess....
So, online trading is no possible anymore I guess I can't have other Regi- to complete condition for Regigigas then...

Oh btw even the online trading is not available, How about offline trading (like I go to my friend's house and borrow his 3DS to trade), is it still working?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh btw even the online trading is not available, How about offline trading (like I go to my friend's house and borrow his 3DS to trade), is it still working?

Wireless trading for B/W and B2/W2 is still working, yes. Only Wi-Fi trading is unavailable.

TurtokDerFette

Latin letters in Japanese and Korean Pokemon Games

In Japanese Pokemon Games there are special characters for latin letters (so called "Fullwidth Latin Letter" - e. g.: "P"), when you nickname or set a OT.

Is this also the case for Korean game versions when you nickname a Pokemon/name yourself as a trainer (OT)?

Thanks for the help.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Oh too bad I guess....
So, online trading is no possible anymore I guess I can't have other Regi- to complete condition for Regigigas then...

You can still get all of the Regis, because the key codes are exchanged via Infrared, not Wifi.

Hiroshi Akiko

Passing the Elite-4

I've been trying to pass the Pokemon League for 3 days now and I haven't gotten close, so I thought I'd ask fellow Trainers.

(This is the first time passing the Elite-4 during N's Reign)

I just can't prevent myself from constantly blacking out!

My Team is:

Samurott Lv.50
Sawsbuck Lv.47
Beheeyem Lv.48
Mienfoo Lv.47
Archeops Lv.44
Eelektross Lv.44

I have literally no money to buy revives, potions or full restores or anything and need some kind of strategy.

Moves of said Pokemon:

Samurott:
Hydro Pump
Swords Dance
Surf
Revenge

Archeops:
Ancient Power
Fly
Dragon Breath
Agility

Sawsbuck:
Leech seed
Energy Ball
Jump Kick
Protect

Eelektross:
Thunder wave
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Crunch

Beheeyem:
Psychic
Headbutt
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball

Mienfoo:
U-Turn
Calm Mind
Jump Kick
Drain Punch

I would appreciate anything any advice or help a fellow Trainer has to offer,
be it suggestion on movesets, given items, or a way to earn money.

I do use items but I seem to not use them correctly, if someone could maybe suggest movesets, items, or anything at all I would be grateful. ;482;

jayphlosion

SR and HR changing shiny odds

Hey folks, first time poster but i need some serious help!!!!

I recent decided to get into shiny hunting and decided to go big or go home with a shiny Volcorana. In the process of me soft resetting Pokemon Black my game froze so i had to shut off and turn my DS back on. Is this going to "reset" my chances or am i safe???

Please help!!!!

Aquarelle

Staff member
---Snip---
I would appreciate anything any advice or help a fellow Trainer has to offer,
be it suggestion on movesets, given items, or a way to earn money.
I do use items but I seem to not use them correctly, if someone could maybe suggest movesets, items, or anything at all I would be grateful. ;482;
You can always earn money by doing the daily battles at the Nimbasa sport domes. If you have the Amulet Coin (obtained in Castelia iirc), then you can earn even more money if the Pokemon holding it participates in battle.
Battling the trainers in Nimbasa will also give your Pokemon experience, which should be useful since levelling up would really help your weaker Pokemon. Also, if you skipped over any trainers throughout the game, going back to fight them would give you some more money and experience as well.

The main site has a page on the Elite Four with their movesets, so consulting that page as you go along may be helpful.

Hey folks, first time poster but i need some serious help!!!!

I recent decided to get into shiny hunting and decided to go big or go home with a shiny Volcorana. In the process of me soft resetting Pokemon Black my game froze so i had to shut off and turn my DS back on. Is this going to "reset" my chances or am i safe???

Please help!!!!
I doubt that turning your DS off then on again would have any significant impact on your chances by soft resetting, so I'd just keep SRing until you get lucky with the RNG.

Last edited:

jayphlosion

,Not really replying. Just have a question, i recently into shiny hunting and im trying for a volcarona. Im getting slightly impatiemt and want to go adventure some place else. Will this effect my odds at all???

I done goofed. Sent off Pokemon to Pokemon Bank before beating the game.

So it's been a couple years without touching my Pokemon black/black2. I today decided I wanted to send off those Pokemon to the Pokemon Bank.
Figured I would do the same with my copies of DPPt HgSs as well as.
Well I guess you have to send Pokemon from those generations to BWB2W2 and then to the Bank. But in order to do that you have to have the main part of the game finished.
Come to find out I hadn't quite made it that far. I was 8 badges deep. And ready to fight the elite 4. But my luck I sent off lol my mons.....

So I'm about to ask is would anyone be willing to trade me some mons so I could beat the elite 4 and get to transferring old Pokemon to the new ones?
Or am I going to be forced wollow in my mistakes. Aha.

Aquarelle

Staff member
So I'm about to ask is would anyone be willing to trade me some mons so I could beat the elite 4 and get to transferring old Pokemon to the new ones?
Or am I going to be forced wollow in my mistakes. Aha.

You will probably have to wollow in your mistakes. With no wi-fi support for the Gen 4 & 5 games anymore, trading over the Internet is no longer possible for those games. You would have to find someone who would agree to meet up with you in real life and trade with you locally, which will likely be difficult.

Yeah, I remember reading about that, but I wasn't sure how exactly that worked. I never did any trading over wifi while it was available. Thanks though.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Recently, I restarted my Black game so I can catch a really low level Audino and transfer it to one of my Gen VI games (don't ask -_-) it's just that I'm not sure when the shaking spots start to appear. Is it at the start of the game, or is after a certain event such as winning the Trio Badge or receiving the Xtransceiver?

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Recently, I restarted my Black game so I can catch a really low level Audino and transfer it to one of my Gen VI games (don't ask -_-) it's just that I'm not sure when the shaking spots start to appear. Is it at the start of the game, or is after a certain event such as winning the Trio Badge or receiving the Xtransceiver?
Yes,you have to win the Trio Badge first for the shaking patches to start appearing.

Renningan

Hi guys!

Petilil on level 46 learn the Leaf Storm. But on that level Lilligant (her next form) learn the Petal Dance. So, my question is that: if I rise Petilil for level 46, and after that i give her a sun stone, will she learn both attacks?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Hi guys!

Petilil on level 46 learn the Leaf Storm. But on that level Lilligant (her next form) learn the Petal Dance. So, my question is that: if I rise Petilil for level 46, and after that i give her a sun stone, will she learn both attacks?

Yes that's correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.