1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by R_N, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Share your team, your plans, comment on others all that fun stuff

Rules:
    -Let's not clog up with single sentence posts like "I want to use Mewtwo." Talk about your team more. Minimum 3 sentences.
    -Don't spam with lots of different posts in succession. "I want to use Mewtwo because blah blah blah" and then 3 posts later go "No wait Patrat is clearly better." Give maybe a page of breathing room
    -Do not just point at your signature and go "These guys!"
    -Let's keep this to in-game teams, not stuff for Battle Subway and wi-fi

Useful links:
    -Unova Pokedex
    -Wulava's list of earliest locations

Also general info for those looking to get their teams from outside the Unova Dex:
    -Once you get your C-gear you can trade with BW1 no questions asked.
    -YOU GET THE C-GEAR AFTER BEATING CHEREN
    -YES YOU CAN TRADE OVER ANYTHING FROM BW1, NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE DEX
    -Poketransfer from 4th gen games is still locked until you beat the E4.
    -A list of Unvoa dex pokemon you can't capture before beating the game or without trading, Dream World, or Dream Radar
    Leafeon
    Glaceon
    Munna line **
    Archen line
    Turtouga line *
    Heatmor *
    Durant*
    Cryonogal
    Tornadus**
    Thundurus**
    Landorus**
    Tympole line*
    Stunfisk*
    Slakoth line
    Corphish line
    Jigglypuff line ***
    Lickitung line *
    Yanma line *
    Tropius *
    Carnivine
    Croagunk line *
    Larvitar line *
    Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem

* = Available in Dream World
    ** = Available in Dream Radar
    *** = Available in both Dream World & Dream Radar
    alright have at it

2. Dr. Leggs

Dr. Leggs Astral Cowboy

Thinking of the team I currently have in my signature, I want to have a decent balance of physical and special attackers. But there's still tons more Pokemon I want to train in BW2, especially with the Move Tutor options. Scolipede, Whimsicott, Swoobat, Sigilyph, Gliscor, Banette, Drifblim, Azumarill, Garbodor, Vanilluxe, Yanmega... Goes on ad infinitum. @_@

3. BurningWhiteKyurem

BurningWhiteKyurem Well-Known Member

Probably going to consist of the following...

Samurott (I can't bring myself to liking any other Unova starter)
    Riolu/Lucario
    Sceptile (Egg from HG which will be migrated to B1..what a beastly grass type)
    Chandelure
    Vanilluxe
    Magnezone

Will probably change if I see better designs or better stats

4. wakematt

wakematt New Member

Starmie
    Magnezone
    Gliscor
    Scrafty
    Chandelure
    Stoutland

5. TurboBlaziken

TurboBlaziken Hero of Time

My team is in my signature. I always like to use a fire, water, and grass type Pokemon, like the starters. I know it may be wierd and probably not always the best idea, but I've done it from the beginning and it's just stuck with me, and I just like it like that. I like to have at least one good Physical Attacker, and Special Attacker. When it comes to the defense side, it usually takes me longer to decide. I don't play competitively, so I don't EV train much. I'm more of what the origional mission was, I like to fill up the Pokedex. It may take awhile but it's fun trying to complete it, and with each new generation it presents new challenges. Sorry,, i got off-topic. Back on it though, I usually also like to diversify my movesets and typing alot. I try to have at least one move of each type, throughout my entire team. Now with the new Move Tutors, a whole new world of possibilities has opened up, so I'm pretty excited for these new games! ^_^

6. Rio!

Rio! Composer

Mine's probably going to look like this:

Snivy
    Growlithe
    Keldeo - *If early event. If not, using Magikarp*
    Sandile
    Gurdurr
    Axew

I have a couple I'm going to transfer from Black/White that are freshly hatched, but that's how it is for now. :K

7. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

I already planned out my teams for B2 and W2. I usually use starters, but I already have used them and frankly none have grown on me too much. Plus, with 300 pokemon, I have to use as many as possible. The pokemon are a bit ar apart from each other, but I like them and I've never used any before in any playthrough. I like the Black 2 team a little better. I'll put the final evolutions.

Black 2:
    Crawdaunt
    Magmortar
    Magnezone
    Crustle
    Ferrothorn
    Beheeyem

White 2:
    Walrein
    Electivire
    Aggron
    Drapion
    Lucario
    Hydreigon

8. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

My team will probably end up being: Zoroark, Garbodor, Lapras, Aggron, Magnezone, Skarmory.
    I'll be rotating the last two with: Sigilyph, Volcarona, Loppuny and Meloetta, when they release it.

I like the design of the starters, but I don't really like using them.
    And Meloetta will be first legendary I will use in a in-game team.

9. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Okay new rule: Do not point at your signatures
    Also:
    These are all fine. Aim for one of these (or Nyaralathotep)
    Do not do this
    Infractions are a thing!

10. Mr. Ribbles

Mr. Ribbles Cubchoo Lover

Woah, R-N...when did you become staff? o_O? I didnt notice, lol.

Anyway... So far, I got Serperior, Arcanine, Beartic, and Floatzel in mind. Thats Fire Water and Grass and Icedown, But I dont know what else to pick, ....Any ideas? Zangoose is a maybe, But I want a special sweeper/tank, and maybe a flier. Is Skarmory any good?..... Hmmm....

11. *Jean Grey*

*Jean Grey* Night Triumphant

300 Pokemon really gives me more options to choose from...but there's no Houndoom. -_- Maybe post-game. XD I definitely would be making more captures later on rather than early on, considering my team. XD

So far, it stands at:
    -Zoroark
    -Krookodile
    -Bisharp
    -Weavile
    -Hydreigon
    -Tyranitar

I'm also considering Chandelure though. Hopefully, Houndoom, Honchkrow and some others turn up too. XD

12. TurboBlaziken

Skarmory is a good flying type, so is Altaria, if I may recom,end it. Also a really good special sweeper is Hydreigon, I know it may be difficult to train, but it's pretty good, and also Galvantula. As a tank I would recommend Vaporeon, or Bronzong. Hope this helps.

13. Eisenheim88

Eisenheim88 Member

After watching the complete Pokédex list, I made some provisional list but who knows if this will be my ultimate list since Garchomp is not available after the League.

White 2 team:

Samurott: Surf, X Scissor, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump
    Drapion: Crunch, X Scissor, Poison Jab, Earthquake
    Hydreigon: Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Hyper Voice, Fly
    Magmortar: Flamethrower, Psychic, Earthquake, Brick Break
    Eelektross: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Crunch; or Electivire: Thunderbolt, Psychic, Brick Break, Flamethrower

And I need a Grass Pokémon. I'm thinking of Budew because of Roserade.

14. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

You could try Ferrothorn.

15. Commando

Commando Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhh. Glad the Regional Dex is so much bigger in this game. Anyways, not sure of my complete team yet, but probably I'll probably use something like this to beat the Elite 4:

Serperior
    Lucario
    Tyranitar
    Mamoswine

Still have to choose my last 2 pokemon but as I dont have Black 2 yet (Heck, I dont even have a DS yet. XD. Getting one on my birthday though, and thats in Fall, around the time the American version of Black 2 comes out.) I dont really have to worry about it yet. I'd have Garchomp on my team but apparently you cant get the Shiny Gible until after you beat the E4.

16. Eisenheim88

Eisenheim88 Member

Yeah, Ferrothorn could be a great choice and has great ability like Sharpedo but I have to be careful with Fire type Pokémon. Iron Head, Seed Bomb (with Move Tutor help), Poison Jab and Thunderbolt as his attacks. Yes, I like to put this sort of attacks.

17. Adeku

Adeku Formerly Torterra14

I love the variety of Pokemon we can choose from. There's so many that in fact I might actually use a rotational team. So far I'm going to use Emboar, Electivire, Lilligant, Glaceon, Drapion, and Swanna. I want to use Metagross, but its caught pretty late in the game (then again so is Skorupi)... I'll probably use Walrein, too. And possibly a few others.

18. TurboBlaziken

Well, what you could do is give it a Focus Sash, or an Occa berry. This can give it an extra turn, and a great way to counter this is to give it Payback with one of those too. This will assure you especially with the Focus Sash, that you can tank an attack and can comeback with a strong Payback. That's just my two-cents, and the choice is completely up to you, but I hope this would help.

19. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

You're a mod now R_N? Congrats!

On topic: Serperior, Hydreigon, Arcanine, Metagross, Gliscor, and Mienshao. I'm a bit concerned that most of mine are late game, though. Do we know when the Daycare is available in this game? It better not be post game, that'd be really annoying.

20. Bardische

Bardische Elegance.

Disregard my signature. This is my current team as of Nimbasa City.

Dewott (Mild Nature)(Return/Revenge/Water Pulse/Shell Blade)
    Lucario (Jolly Nature)(Force Palm/Screech/Return/Quick Attack)
    Growlithe (Gentle Nature)(Fire Fang/Reversal/Return/Odor Sleuth)
    Magnemite (Modest Nature (ThunderShock/Thunder Wave/Magnet Bomb/SonicBoom)
    Watchog (Lax Nature) (Cut/Detect/Bite/Tackle)
    Sigilyph (Timid Nature) (Psybeam/Tailwind/Air Cutter/Fly)

My end-game team would probably end up:

Samurott (Surf/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Revenge)
    Lucario (Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Psychic)
    Arcanine (Flare Blitz/ExtremeSpeed/Reversal/Return)
    Magnezone (Flash Cannon/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Signal Beam)
    Skarmory (Fly/Spikes/Whirlwind/Steel Wing)
    Espeon (Psychic/Shadow Ball/Signal Beam/Calm Mind)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.