• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

richi3f

Bug Catcher
Chidori__O, here are some suggestions for your team:

Ampharos
-Discharge
-(?) Strength
-Signal Beam
-(?) Thunderpunch/Thunder/Power gem

Ampharos has more Special Attack than Attack, so you should be focusing on specially offensive moves, such as Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Thunder, Power Gem, and Signal Beam. I recommend having Volt Switch as it lets you change Pokémon that Ampharos cannot handle.

For Flygon , I'd use Outrage instead of Dragon Claw.

Serperior
-(?) Leaf Tornado/Giga Drain
-(?)Cut/Coil
-Leaf Blade
-Aerial Ace

I love Serperior, unfortunately it has a rather lackluster movepool. I'd say teach him Dragon Pulse, Giga Drain, and Reflect or Light Screen to support its teammates.

If you don't mind recoil damage, why don't teach Wild Charge to Arcanine instead of Thunder Fang. I'd also change Flamethrower by Crunch or other physically offensive move. In most cases, having a Pokémon with two moves of the same type means wasting a move slot; you could be hitting more types with moves of different type combinations. As for the ability I prefer Intimidate, but others may differ.

Lucario
-Aura Sphere/Force Palm
-Bone Rush
-Quick Attack/Dark Pulse/Counter/Return
-Return/Quick Attack/Dark Pulse/Counter

Keep Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse, and maybe add Dragon Pulse or Shadow Ball. If you train Riolu to level 47, it will learn Nasty Plot, which is a great boosting move.

I hope this helps you ;)!

SneaselClaw

Well, I'm going to once again try to use Pokemon I've never used in game before as my main team, problem is it's now getting to the point where there's very few Pokemon I like that I haven't used before. This'll just be for Pre-E4, but haven't really researched what TM's will be available, so the movesets will probably change.

1. Serperior - Used the other two starters a couple of times.
-Leaf Storm
-Leech Seed
-Dragon Tail
-Aerial Ace

2. Braviary - I haven't used any Unova birds yet, so I'll give Warbird a try.
-Brave Bird
-Crush Claw
-Superpower
-Rock Slide

3. Magnezone - 15 years of playing Pokemon, and I still haven't used Mangemite!
-Flash Cannon
-Discharge
-Tri-Attack
-Light Screen

4. Darmanitan - I kept forgetting that this guy wasn't slow unless in Zen Mode. Probably going to go with Magmortar after the E4.
-Flare Blitz
-Hammer Arm
-Earthquake
-Grass Knot

5. Jellicent - Not many water types I like pre-E4, will most likely get swapped out for Walrein
- Hydro Pump
- Ominous Wind
- Blizzard
- Sludge Bomb

6. Flygon - Was thinking of Hydreigon instead, but I can get Trapinch fairly early.
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Bulldoze
- Flamethrower

ryanthehuman

Ampharos
-Discharge
-Focus Blast
-Signal Beam/Volt Switch
-Power gem

His/her role in the team is too be my electric type. Because this is a story mode team, I put strength on so I can push boulders around. If anyone can help decide the punch or thunder that would be swell. Replace Strength with Focus Blast post-game, alongside Power Gem it has really good coverage.

Flygon
-Fly/U-Turn
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/U-Turn/Fire Punch

Don't think I gotta explain anything here. U-Turn is a must on Flygon! Rock Slide is still useable though, and Fire Punch could be good for pesky Ice-Types.

Serperior
-Coil/Leech Seed
-Aqua Tail
-Leaf Blade
-Outrage

He needs help. Any recommendations? The MTs were really kind to Serperior in this game. You could use Dragon Tail, Swords Dance or something like Synthesis to shrug off damage in the first slot though.

Arcanine
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge/Crunch
-Outrage
-Extreme Speed

Nothing wrong here. It just depends when I get TM Flamethrower. But which ability should I get? Flash Fire or Intimidate? Personally I'd run this set, but the one you had before is still kind of useable, but only use one Fire-type move so that you can cover more grounds. Use Intimidate.
Something sort of similar to what you had before could be

Arcanine

-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Wild Charge
-Extremspeed

Wild Charge packs more of a punch than T-Fang and Dragon Pulse works well with Flamethrower coverage wise.

Lucario

-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse
-Extremespeed/Psychic/Nasty Plot

or

Lucario

-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance/Shadow Claw

You say he's lame, I say he's awesome. Lucario is incredible but he just needs a better move pool. Please help. Needs a better move pool? Are you crazy!? Lucario has everything it needs!

And last but not least...

Vaporeon.JPG
Vaporeon
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Toxic/Protect
-Toxic/Protect/Hyper Voice/Shadow Ball

Surf > Hydro Pump. Hyper Voice could work quite well as it gets good coverage with Water-Type attacks. Toxic/Protect combo can ruin stuff.

Support would be appreciated. Maybe I can help your guys too.

Suggestions in bold.

EDIT:
1. Serperior - Used the other two starters a couple of times.
-Leaf Blade
-Leech Seed/Coil
-Outrage
-Aqua Tail

I'm not really familiar with your other Pokemon besides the last two, so I left the others out.

5. Jellicent - Not many water types I like pre-E4, will most likely get swapped out for Walrein
- Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald/Water Spout
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Will-o-Wisp/Giga Drain

6. Flygon - Was thinking of Hydreigon instead, but I can get Trapinch fairly early.
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Rock Slide/U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

bleeding-chocobo

On Cloud Nine
Reposting my team. Help is needed.

B2 Team

Emboar
-Flamethrower
-ThunderPunch
-Scald
-??

Walrein
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-??
-??

Seviper
-Coil?
-Poison Jab
-??
-??

Grumpig
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-??
-??

Tornadus-T
-Hammer Arm
-U-Turn
-??
-??

Jolteon
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-??
-??

Last edited:

smartie

I just started my game and I'm considering using the following pokemon, purely based on aesthetics, I don't care about stats for playthroughs.
Ampharos
Golduck
Arcanine
Swoobat
Gothitelle
Crustle
Cofagrigus
Roserade

That's 8 pokemon though, gonna be lots of grinding to keep them all highleveled, I usually go with 5, but the current regional dex just doesn't allow that xD

Chidori__O

Chidori__O, here are some suggestions for your team:

Ampharos has more Special Attack than Attack, so you should be focusing on specially offensive moves, such as Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Thunder, Power Gem, and Signal Beam. I recommend having Volt Switch as it lets you change Pokémon that Ampharos cannot handle.

For Flygon , I'd use Outrage instead of Dragon Claw.

I love Serperior, unfortunately it has a rather lackluster movepool. I'd say teach him Dragon Pulse, Giga Drain, and Reflect or Light Screen to support its teammates.

If you don't mind recoil damage, why don't teach Wild Charge to Arcanine instead of Thunder Fang. I'd also change Flamethrower by Crunch or other physically offensive move. In most cases, having a Pokémon with two moves of the same type means wasting a move slot; you could be hitting more types with moves of different type combinations. As for the ability I prefer Intimidate, but others may differ.

Keep Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse, and maybe add Dragon Pulse or Shadow Ball. If you train Riolu to level 47, it will learn Nasty Plot, which is a great boosting move.

I hope this helps you ;)!

Hey thanks man, i was waiting for someone to respond. I just wanna let you know this is a story mode team, although some of your suggestions are fine.

For flygon, I would teach it outrage but it's move tutor and again, this is story mode. I wouldn't wanna waste shards for it sorry.

Your suggestion for serperior was also a good idea but I think I'll lost reflect/light screen. But dragon pulse and giga drain, nice touch. I'll keep cut mostly for cutting trees. But I don't know when in the game you can get dragon pulse so if that doesn't work then I'll use leaf tornado since it's his signature move :)

Ampharos can't learn thunderbolt till victory road. So I'll keep discharge. Strength is there to move boulders. As for signal, power and volt I'll use them. But volt switch will be the first move I delete since it won't matter about switching since It'll ask if I wanna switch or not in battle.

As for arcanine, I like your ideas so i'll change it.

And Lucario, I like your suggestions but I won't bother with nasty plot. The only reason force palm is there is because I don't know how high his level has to be before he learns aura sphere.

Thanks for the help! Could you also help with vaporeon and also what's your team? I'll help you out too.

Ampharos
-Discharge
-Focus Blast
-Signal Beam/Volt Switch
-Power gem

His/her role in the team is too be my electric type. Because this is a story mode team, I put strength on so I can push boulders around. If anyone can help decide the punch or thunder that would be swell. Replace Strength with Focus Blast post-game, alongside Power Gem it has really good coverage.

Flygon
-Fly/U-Turn
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/U-Turn/Fire Punch

Don't think I gotta explain anything here. U-Turn is a must on Flygon! Rock Slide is still useable though, and Fire Punch could be good for pesky Ice-Types.

Serperior
-Coil/Leech Seed
-Aqua Tail
-Leaf Blade
-Outrage

He needs help. Any recommendations? The MTs were really kind to Serperior in this game. You could use Dragon Tail, Swords Dance or something like Synthesis to shrug off damage in the first slot though.

Arcanine
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge/Crunch
-Outrage
-Extreme Speed

Nothing wrong here. It just depends when I get TM Flamethrower. But which ability should I get? Flash Fire or Intimidate? Personally I'd run this set, but the one you had before is still kind of useable, but only use one Fire-type move so that you can cover more grounds. Use Intimidate.
Something sort of similar to what you had before could be

Arcanine

-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Wild Charge
-Extremspeed

Wild Charge packs more of a punch than T-Fang and Dragon Pulse works well with Flamethrower coverage wise.

Lucario

-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse
-Extremespeed/Psychic/Nasty Plot

or

Lucario

-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance/Shadow Claw

You say he's lame, I say he's awesome. Lucario is incredible but he just needs a better move pool. Please help. Needs a better move pool? Are you crazy!? Lucario has everything it needs!

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks! This is quite good. Only don't forget it's story mode so the opponents are not insanely hard. But I like the set so I'll change some stuff when I get the team. Thanks again. What's your team? I'll help you out too.

Last edited:

psyrose3

Oy, I'm probably gonna go with this team for White 2:

Samurott
Lilligant/Muk
Braviary
Electivire/Ampharos
Arcanine
Musharna/Beeheyem

Eh. Since I plan on doing a partially blind Nuzlocke when I get the game, this most likely won't be my final team.

Eelijah

The Musketeer
I don't even know which starter I will pick! I'd pick Oshawott, like I did in Pokémon White, but that would be banal. I'd like to use Marill and Growlithe for my in-game team as well, but I want to EV train them after beating the E4...

What I am sure of, is that the Eevee I'll get will either turn into a Joltoen or a Leafeon.

Pokeking1234

OK. I want to post up my team on here for White 2. Since N has Reshiram in the game, it could be a direct sequel of Black, as weird as it sounds. As such, here is my team with it's moves.
  • Tombstone the Emboar
  • Sargeant the Braviary
  • Menace the Crawdaunt
  • Zorro the Roserade
  • Bulldozer the Aggron
  • Blockade the Mamoswine
I am still deciding on what moves they should have.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
I am gonna rotate these 12:
Samurott
Arcanine
Crobat
Scrafty
Flygon
Roserade
Mamoswine
Crawdaunt
Aggron
Galvantula
Lopunny
Espeon

Let me know what you think

I decided to change up my team a little bit, I don't like having Swap outs in the PC but I think it will have to do that there are so many others I want to use such as Houndoom, Snorlax, Aggron just to name a few. Anyway my new team is in my Sig I swapped Manectric for a Galvantula and swapped out Roserade for Haxorus. Let's hope it plays out well when the time comes.

EDIT: Scrap Haxorus, Venasaur has taken him over.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

For my White 2 Team, I was originally going to use Serperior, Braviary, Excadrill, Darmanitan, Jellicent & Eelektross. The Pokedex has some cool older Pokemon, so I've changed my team around slightly.

Now I'm using Serperior, Electivire, Darmanitan, Flygon, Simipour & Excadrill. Thanks to move tutor moves, I've also changed some of the moves around, but I'm not going to post the moves here.

Overall, I think I have a good team going for me and I'll do great in the game and during battles with friends.

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
My team for B2 is gonna be Servine
Haxorus
Keldeo
Deowatt
Toxicroak
Latios

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
So far I'm going to use these:

snivy
venipede
magby
woobat
frillish
I don't know what I should use as my 6th pokemon...

My Black 2 team is likely going to end up looking like this:
503.gif
467.gif
448.gif
196.gif
286.gif
445.gif

I have a Garchomp and Breloom on White and I am in the process of breeding a DW Espeon.

i was wanting to have my white team before the E4 which is

Emboar
Arcanine
Haxorus
Sawsbuck
Braviary
Caracosta

But since i prefer Black Kyerum to the White one so Braviary will need to wait to be traded over and Tirtouga cant be obtained till after the pokemon league so therefore my team will now be

Emboar (love tepig hes cool)
Arcanine (fav)
Haxorus (a top fav from 5th gen fav dragon type)
Sawsbuck (a grass type which isnt a starter i like deers)
Giglaith (handy pokemon)
Swanna (hm slave)

i like the idea of having five 5th gens in my team before the E4 with only my fav being a pre 5th gen in my team which is Arcanine a dream come true my favourite which is Growlithe can be caught before the league.

Then once ive beaten the pokemon league Swanna and Giglaith will be deposited and replaced with Floatzel and Noctowl then my final team will be in rotation. Ill evolve Eevee into Umbreon and Ill trade over a braviary and hatch a rufflet.

Emboar
Arcanine
Haxorus
Sawsbuck/Umbreon
Floatzel
Noctowl/braviary

Status
Not open for further replies.