• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayetayetv1

Oshawott
Solo run haha

StarkRavenMad

I'm really unfamiliar with 5th gen Pokemon but I know I want my starter to be Tepig. I also plan on catching a Joltik. Can somebody suggest some Pokemon that would compliment these two and can be found relatively early in the game? Preferably Pokemon that are effective against the gym leaders and E4.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm thinking of giving my Octillery from my Black game over to my Black 2 game either before or after the Opelucid gym, but I'm not sure on which moves to teach it. with my last character (Leafgreen-Black) Octillery was always more of sidelines pokémon, but now I was thinking of having it step up & be a potential battler. Here are it's stats & I'm open to any suggestions:
Octillery lv. 42 @ none
Careful/Suction Cups/Male
ATK- 111/ SP. ATK-93
Octazooka
Aurora Beam
Signal Beam
Water Pulse

The only move I'm considering teaching it is either Waterfall or Dive

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Octillery
Adamant Nature
~Waterfall
~Return
~Seed Bomb
~Rock Blast

Octillery
Modest Nature
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Charge Beam
~Acid Spray

Octillery
Brave/Quiet Nature
~Surf
~Ice Beam/Flamethrower
~Seed Bomb
~Return

Too bad it can't learn Curse, would have been great for the physical set.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
I suggest Rock Slide over Strength on Darmanitan once you've pushed all the boulders down the hole, as they permanently remains there.
RS makes a great coverage alongside EQ, and RS is boosted by Sheer Force.

Shadow Ball is a better filler move for Roserade.

Giga Drain over Flash on Galvantula, you'll never going to need Flash apart from in caves (which you'll very rarely visit anyway) but Giga Drain covers its Rock & Ground weakness as well as giving it a way to recover HP. You also can use Energy Ball, no recovery but it has slightly more power.

Zapdan93

My team plan is so overused on this page!!

Hey guys! Im new here so if i make a mistake be nice ;) anyways im getting black 2 tomorrow and ive been planning a team since monday i decided on Serperior, Arcanine, Azumaill, Flygon, Magnezone and you guessed it Lucario i want to change this now seeing how many of these are included in peoples teams if you could suggest something for each pokemon besides Serpy that would be great! Ps i dont have a second ds to transfer so that isnt an option thanks guys!!

AeroKorogu

I used serperior, darmanitan, swanna, crustle, weavile, and lucario...although now I hate the **** out o lucario...thanks to black 2 and white 2, it's now one of the mos overused pokemon ever...

PokemonJ

My team Samurott,Leavanny,Arcanine,Flygon,Zoroark and Ampharos.^^

Hope you Can give some tips!

Attachments

• arcanine.jpg
    arcanine.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 36

Zapdan93

i Got black 2 on thursday and im all ready at the elite 4 is it worth doing challenge mode i like a challenge the rom hack pure white is my favourite pokemon game ever so is it worth it to try challenge mode do you keep your save? Help me guys :)

VizardJeffhog

Music, my plaything
So, day 3 into my Black 2 playthrough. I've just defeated Skyla, and I'm headed towards Opelucid now.

Here's the team!

1) Reginald
497.png
, Lv. 37
Nature: Jolly
Moveset
-Leaf Blade
-Aqua Tail
-Aerial Ace
-Coil
*Starter.

2) Vivaldi
395.png
, Lv. 36
Nature: Modest
Moveset
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Dig
*Bred, not Walmart. Moveset to be altered heavily in the future; Dig to be replaced with Grass Knot upon obtaining.

3) Darunia
126.png
, Lv. 35
Nature: Rash
Moveset
-Lava Plume
-Fire Punch
-Faint Attack
-Rock Smash

4) Amadeus
169.png
, Lv. 35
Nature: Jolly
Moveset
-X-Scissor
-Aerial Ace
-Bite
-Fly

5) Nabooru
329.png
, Lv. 36
Nature: Lonely
Moveset
-Bulldoze
-Bite
-Rock Slide
-Dig
*Priority evolving since I'll need her as a Flygon against Drayden.

6) Agatha
596.png
, Lv. 37
Nature: Timid
Moveset
-Electro Ball
-Volt Switch
-Signal Beam
-X-Scissor
*X-Scissor to be swapped out due to weakened Atk.
*Compoundeyes YES.

First four are male, last two are female.

LavaridgeBoy

Not alwys black&wite
I decided to go with an all rock team in black 2 my teams throughout the whole game was:

Regirock
Rampardos
Tyranitar
Aerodactyl
Rhyperior
Aggron

They proved to be one of my best teams ever

spiller

serperior
krookodile/excadrill
carracosta/ jellicent
altaria/ archeops
scrafty or something else any suggestions
reuiniclus or something else

im not sure wich ones i should use so any suggestions will be appreciated thanks.
edit- what is your opinion on chandelure and volcarona

Last edited:
I'm doing a no-starter run, just because the Unova Starters are all really lacklustre, at least to me. So, I'm running:
-Starmie
-Arcanine
-Leavanny
-Flygon
-Magnezone
-Lucario

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
My team is in my signature

Read the OP. And nobody cares, if you're just showing off, so either ask for help and don't point at your sig, or leave.

My team for my second White 2 run, so far:
Servine, Elekid. I need to know what Elekid's capabilities are for BW2, because I need to know if it's worth training. Movesets would be nice, too. Don't really have a planned team/

Aurath8

I'm doing a no-starter run, just because the Unova Starters are all really lacklustre, at least to me.

Agreed. All the Unova starters seem to be on the lower end of the scale when compared with other pokemon of the same type, partly because their typings were a bit bland. It really should be the other way round like it was for the Sinnoh starters. I'd gladly use all 3 of those on one team if I could.

Is a modest flare boost drifloon good? I got it via dream radar.

It's not ideal because Drifblim's strongest move is Acrobatics, which is physical. A Brave nature seems good because Drifblim also makes use of lots of Special attacks like Shadow Ball and THunder Bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.