• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KickAsh

halted development
So far I know I'll be using Ampharos, Darmanitan, and Braviary, and a Breloom if I can find one in a Hidden Hollow.
179.gif
627.gif
554.gif
285.gif

Everything else is TBD. I'm trying to go with 3 special attackers and 3 physical attackers, and since I already have 2 (maybe 3) physical attackers, my remaining Pokemon will probably be special attackers. I want to use Aggron though, so who knows.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
I was thinking of using Heracross for my team, but then I found out it's Black 2 exclusive, and I ordered White 2... So I will use a Leavanny. It sucks that 3/5 of my team is Unova Pokemon, because I was excited for non-Unova Pokemon in 5th gen but I guess it's not all bad, because I've never used any of these Pokemon before.

Can you catch buizel before the postgame though? Because I looked at the Pokearth and all I saw were ones that went up to level 55, suggesting they are post game only.

In Lostlorn Forest, Route 23, or Victory Road, using Surf.

Also, can someone answer...?
My planned team is:
Weavile
Samurott
Ampharos
Simisage
Skarmory
Arcanine/Volcorona
Any suggestions is fine by me.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Let's see.

Samurott (Again! xD)
Lucario (They come relatively early, so why not?)
Zoroark (I'm totally using N's Zorua)
Musharna (I will transfer a Munna egg over if it appears too late in game.)
Something that can Fly
???

Possible alternatives

Chandelure
Flygon (My favorite Pokemon before Musharna existed.)
Vaniluxe (I like it, but it's movepool is terrible. :/)
Haxorus (I missed out on Axew in White because I couldn't find Mistralton Cave... It'd be nice to use it here.)
Skill Link Cincinno
Sawsbuck (She was surprisingly useful in White.)

Last edited:

hksgh0st

Hey guys, here's my planned team for B2W2:
Emboar
Golduck
Glaceon
Flygon
Magnezone
??????

For my last member I was considering Sawsbuck, Leavanny, Stoutland, or Cinccino. Who should I use? Suggestions on other pokemon are fine.

Roserade, heracross, espeon or cinccino w/ skill link ability

hksgh0st

In Lostlorn Forest, Route 23, or Victory Road, using Surf.

Also, can someone answer...?
My planned team is:
Weavile
Samurott
Ampharos
Simisage
Skarmory
Arcanine/Volcorona
Any suggestions is fine by me.

your team is good the only thing i would change personally would be simisage, even though they have good speed
i would prefer a dual typed like either: roserade or amoonguss both grass/poison or sawsbuck for it's attack

hksgh0st

Let's see.

Samurott (Again! xD)
Lucario (They come relatively early, so why not?)
Zoroark (I'm totally using N's Zorua)
Musharna (I will transfer a Munna egg over if it appears too late in game.)
Something that can Fly
???

Possible alternatives

Chandelure
Flygon (My favorite Pokemon before Musharna existed.)
Vaniluxe (I like it, but it's movepool is terrible. :/)
Haxorus (I missed out on Axew in White because I couldn't find Mistralton Cave... It'd be nice to use it here.)
Skill Link Cincinno
Sawsbuck (She was surprisingly useful in White.)

for the first team for flying: Braviary/ flygon/ altaria/ mandibuzz/ hydreigon
6th pokemon: magmortar/ electivire/ heracross/ haxorus?

for second team i like your second team it has variety but if your not sure on vanilluxe what about glaceon or lapras?

Shadows of Destiny

My team atm on a rom is:
Lucario
Samurott
Haxorus/Flygon can't decide
Ampharos
Siglyph
Arcanine

Intense Audino grinding, trying to find an Ice Punch before I fight Drayden

hksgh0st

My team atm on a rom is:
Lucario
Samurott
Haxorus/Flygon can't decide
Ampharos
Siglyph
Arcanine

Intense Audino grinding, trying to find an Ice Punch before I fight Drayden

i'd choose haxorus over flygon even though they have the same type disadvantages ice is 4x stronger against flygon than w/ haxorus which is only 2x also i prefer haxorus attack stat

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
I was wondering if someone could spare suggestions and mocepools for me and a last pokemon for my team for help please...
Samurott
Arcanine
Haxorus
Zoroark
Reuniclus
???

Any help and stuff will be appriciated, because I'm not good with team picker on my own...

hksgh0st

I was wondering if someone could spare suggestions and mocepools for me and a last pokemon for my team for help please...
Samurott
Arcanine
Haxorus
Zoroark
Reuniclus
???

Any help and stuff will be appriciated, because I'm not good with team picker on my own...

electivire/ roserade/ eelektross/ heracross

haxorus - dragon dance/ swords dance (for sweeping), earthquake (makes use of mold breaker a lot of types), outrage/ dragon claw (STAB), iron tail/ brick break (covers ice weakness)
Arcanine - Flare blitz, Wild bolt, Close combat, extreme speed
Samurott - physical - waterfall (less power, more accurate/aqua tail (less accuracy more power - i prefer this even though it has less accuracy i haven't missed that much with it), swords dance (boost attack), x-scissor (grass weakness), night slash (good against most types plus got high critical hit - i think)
Zoroark - Night burst/ night slash (critcal hit) both have STAB, HP flying for all weaknesses, u turn ( to switch out and works well with ability), flamerthrower/ focus blast (flamerthrower to covers a few types - both cover steel types which are very defensive)
Reuniclus - pain split (to regain hp and deal damage), psychic (STAB), Shadow ball (covers ghost weakness and other psychics), flash cannon/energy ball/focus blast/hp fighting (for type coverage and focus blast cover dark type weakness - hp fighting for weakness also better accuracy

EmboarTyrant

Mewtwo Trainer
I personally have no qualms about using Nat. Dex pokemon pre-E4. This is what I am planning so far (this is what I will go with as soon as possible.)

Tepig (My personal fav!)
Piplup/Marill-Sap Sipper (Depends, a water with an Imunity to Grass, or one that gains the steel typing. ???)
Elekid (This line is my favorite Physical Electric line)
Axew-Mold Breaker (Love this Dragon! Besides, with mold breaker, I can teach it Earthquake and take care of Tynamo's line)
Zorua-Snarl move (Fav Dark Type)
Eevee-Anticipation (I want a good psychic type and Espeon with Magic Bounce is said to be awesome.)

I have ALL starters, so as soon as trade is possible I am doing that. Any suggestions would be nice. :)
As for Piplup/Marill, which one would be better for Ice Beam? That's the BIG deciding factor here, if it is Piplup, I'll go ahead and breed one and teach it the move. If it is Marill, then I will have to wait until I get the game.

Last edited:

hksgh0st

I personally have no qualms about using Nat. Dex pokemon pre-E4. This is what I am planning so far (this is what I will go with as soon as possible.)

Tepig (My personal fav!)
Piplup/Marill-Sap Sipper (Depends, a water with an Imunity to Grass, or one that gains the steel typing. ???)
Elekid (This line is my favorite Physical Electric line)
Axew-Mold Breaker (Love this Dragon! Besides, with mold breaker, I can teach it Earthquake and take care of Tynamo's line)
Zorua-Snarl move (Fav Dark Type)
Eevee-Anticipation (I want a good psychic type and Espeon with Magic Bounce is said to be awesome.)

I have ALL starters, so as soon as trade is possible I am doing that. Any suggestions would be nice. :)

it's a good team and i think like B/w you can trade after the first gym badge
for you piplup/marill situation it comes down to what will help you the most a water steel which is immune to poison and has a dual type for better coverage or a water which loses a type disadvantage and gains health from grass attacks

Hmm... Nicknames are incredibly important, but I forgot about them in my last post.

Eelektross aka *Mjollnir*-Because Thor's hammer shoots lightning when it strikes his anvil, and this guy can hit either physical or special.
Reuniclus aka *Cellular*-Because he's made of cells, duh. Plus, having him around boosts my cell reception--I even get wifi! lol
Chandelure aka *Doomfire*-The G-rated and blasphemy-free alternative to naming her Hellfire.
Samurott aka *Masamune*-After the famous dual-wielding samurai, and the greatest swordsman who ever lived.
Ferrothorn aka *Feyblade*-Mixed reference here. Battle tops meets DnD grey elves.
Haxorus aka *Khleevur*-Caveman-ish spelling of "cleaver", because he's a battleaxe with legs.

Last edited:

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
I've played Emerald, Platinum, Heartgold, Black and White vanilla, so I'm going to do Black2 (or White2, not sure which I'll get yet) a little different.

I'm going to trade some eggs containing one of my favorite Pokemon from each generation (all of whom I haven't yet used on an in-game team, excepting Lapras who I used in HG) + Dratini because none of the others could Fly.

So my team should look like this:

Lapras
Typhlosion
Sableye
Leafeon
Cinccino
Dragonite

I think that's a fairly balanced team. I'm hunting for some female Sableye/Minccino/Dratini with Hidden Abilities so I can get breeding, but I'll probably start breeding the others once I finish soft resetting for this Magic Bounce Espeon...

Valkneer

Wandering Trainer

Bardische

Elegance.
My future White 2 team is in my signature, but due to the limitations, I'm gonna post my future moveset here:

Crobat (Cross Poison/Roost/Fly/Return)
Vaporeon (Surf/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Waterfall)
Flygon (Earthquake/Dragon Claw/Stone Edge/Strength)
Mienshao (Drain Punch/Acrobatics/Stone Edge/Dual Chop)
Scolipede (Megahorn/Poison Jab/Cut/Rock Slide)
Chandelure (Fire Blast/Flash/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball)

Janovy

Banned
I officially don't know what pkmn to catch anymore...I just don't like the regional dex...I don't like any of the pkmn available.They are boring.The game itself is kinda boring.>.>
Wow. Others are having such a tough time picking teams and here you are ... not liking any of them.

It's kinda funny.

hksgh0st

My future White 2 team is in my signature, but due to the limitations, I'm gonna post my future moveset here:

Crobat (Cross Poison/Roost/Fly/Return)
Vaporeon (Surf/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Waterfall)
Flygon (Earthquake/Dragon Claw/Stone Edge/Strength)
Mienshao (Drain Punch/Acrobatics/Stone Edge/Dual Chop)
Scolipede (Megahorn/Poison Jab/Cut/Rock Slide)
Chandelure (Fire Blast/Flash/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball)

why not use hm slaves so that you don't have to give up a slot to your pokemon for a hm?

Status
Not open for further replies.