• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Line

Planned team for Black 2 would be something like...

Serperior, just because it is the best looking unova starter >>imo<<
Cinccino (Skill link) With rock blast
Arcanine, because I grew up with both Gen I games and animé
Gyarados, this one will be the top sweeper (Adamant /// Waterfall, Bounce, Dragon Dance, Substitute)
Zebstrika, just to name it Ixion
Espeon, go figure.

I had my team planned for these games (getting only either one) already during the time of B/W and then I thought it would be Unova-Pokémon only... but then the regional dex became so huge so I wanted at least one monster from the older generations in my team. So here's what I've been thinking so far:

Serperior
Azumarill
Musharna
Unfezant
Zoroark
Accelgor

I wanted to try some totally new Pokémon (for me), not caring about stats or anything like that, but mainly thinking about which one's I have never used and/or which ones I like (their appearances) and stuff like that. I'm not a competitive player so it's just an in-game team.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
I was thinking about what my team was going to be for a along time..but after seeing the new Poxedex..i have final made up my mind

Samurott (Pumper) (I have always found Water Starters to be the most useful..and Samurott can learn some kickass moves)

Moveset:

Hydro Pump

Blizzard

Aqua Tail

Surf

Leavanny (Battle Bug) (This thing is just beastly..it has a great movepull..great stats and it looks awesome as well)

Moveset:

Leaf Storm

X-Scissor

SolarBeam

Shadow Claw

Amphros (Lighting) (Even though it doesn't have the highest speed in the world..it still has a awesome move list and it looks cool)

Moveset:

Thunder

ThunderPunch

Wild Charge

Strength

Zoroark (FearFox) (Two Words....BADASS)

Moveset:

Night Daze

Night Slash

Shadow Ball

Hone Claws

Flygon (Malcolm) (I have always wanted to use one of these on my team.. because everyone thinks this Pokemon is awesome)

Moveset:*

Dragon Claw

Dragon Tail

Earth Power

Rock Slide

Volcarona (Flamer) (I LOVE THIS POKEMON)

Silver Wind

Psychic

Fire Blast

Flamethrower

Last edited:

miyac

Shiny Hunter!
Well this will be my team for Black 2, I have most of them ready in their eggs with desire natures and moves just waiting to be transferred once my game gets here!

- Serperior
- Scolipede
- Seismitoad
- Eelektross
- Chandelure
- Hydreigon/Haxorus (Probably Hydreigon but still not sure)

I'll also train and will be rotating a Braviary, Mienshao, Reuniclus and Vanilluxe and maybe a Klinklang! Yes a lot xD

I have no idea what I'll be using for my White 2, maybe a Milotic, some of the Eevelutions I don't know, I just know that I want to use pokemon I have never used before, anyway I have until fall to plan this team!

Vahnstad

I'm not sure, but i want new pokemon that i have never train before

Emboar/Samurott
Darmanitan/Wailord/Maybe another waterpokemon
Sigyliph
Cofagrigus
Glaceon
Flygon or Scolipede

Serperior is King

Since i have gotten every final form pokemon (besides legendaries) good natured and high leveled from unova in White, for this i'm thinking of getting all non-Unova pokemon.

Lucario
Arcanine
Umbreon
Espeon
Ampharos

The final spot, i'm unsure of, anyone have any suggestions? Thankyou.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, GF certainly spoiled us all for choice!

I'm thinking of having these 6:

467.png
419.png
184.png
407.png
059.png
214.png

Magmortar has been one of my favourites, but I have never used it in any playthrough at all! Well, unless I use it in my next Platinum playthrough, I'll give it a first spin in BW2.

Ahh Floatzel...you are quite the something. I remembered tutoring a Buizel Ice Punch. It was quite fun. But Floatzel looks like a nice choice, so I'll go with it.

Azumarill...it is quite a neat mon, also getting Superpower via level up in these games. That's enough to warrant a spot in the squad.

Roserade. I've liked Roserade a lot, especially because Drew has one. Hey, I like it a lot, so why not?

Arcanine comes as a reincarnation of my current Black team, and also proved especially useful in said team. This awesome canine is granted a spot.

Heraboss. I like it, the horn, the mega (no pun intended) powerful Megahorn and the Close Combat to go with it. It happens to be a nice pokemon.

All in all, I'll use this team in my next Black / Platinum playthrough.

Attachments

• 407.png
    407.png
    903 bytes · Views: 87

Nidote

Nido-Nut
Well, so you can trade with BW1 with c gear? Wohoo! I can still get nidos!

Anyway I'm probably gonna go for an approach of not really caring for balance and just trying out pokemon I haven't before... except Nidos of course.

The ones I'm definitely getting:

Koffing
Yamask (mostly to counter psychics)
Nidoran m or f (hidden ability~)

and the maybes are:

Skill-link Minccino
Magnemite
Buneary (if black2)
Rufflet
Cubchoo
Vanillish
Klink
Axew

And these ones depend on starter mostly (also maybes):
Tepig or Snivy:
Staryu
Azurill (huge power)

Snivy or Oshawott:
Timburr
Riolu
Litwik
Vulpix

Oshawott or Tepig:
Petilil or Cottonee
Venipede
Eevee (to Leafeon)

There's probably a few others I'm forgetting right now but that's off the top of my head.

Aeral

asdfkghl;'
I think my W2 team will look like this, in order of getting the Pokémon:
;206;:573:;344;;416;:632:;121;
- Dunsparce / Shell Bell / Scope Lens - Coil; Drill Run; Return; Poison Jab
- Cinccino (+ Skill Link) / Wide Lens - Bullet Seed; Rock Blast; Tail Slap; Giga Impact
- Claydol / Wise Glasses - Charge Beam; Extrasensory; Earth Power; Shadow Ball
- Vespiquen / Flying Gem - Attack Order; Defend Order; Acrobatics; Power Gem
- Durant / Expert Belt - X-Scissor; Iron Head; Crunch; Rock Slide
- Starmie / Life Orb - Ice Beam; Surf; Thunderbolt; Psychic
If Braviary is found on Route 4 as an interactable Pokémon in White 2, I might have it in my team instead of Claydol.

Kingudora

My favourite
Future White 2 team:

Serperior
Lucario
Flygon
Eelektross (Maybe Magnezone instead or as a rotation member)
Crobat (Maybe Drapion instead or as a rotation team member)
Darmanitan
Azumarill/Vaporeon/Floatzel/Jellicent/Starmie/Lapras (can't really decide yet)

I really want to use a starter for real this time, last time in White I switched my Serperior for a Ferrothorn. But since Serperior's amount of useful moves have increased thanks to move tutors, I'm willing to give it another chance.
Lucario because I haven't used it since Pearl.
I have planned for a long time to use a Flygon and when I first heard it was in B2W2, there was no reason I should not use it.
At first I decided to use Magnezone in B2, but its Steel-typing would overlap with Lucario's, so I changed my mind and decided on Eelektross instead. I will probably still use atleast Magnemite until I catch a Tynamo.
Crobat because I haven't used it for a long time. But I really want try out Drapion again, so it's undecided as for now.
I really wanted to use two fire-pokemon in White: Chandelure and Darmanitan. Chandelure in White and now Darmanitan in White 2.

Any recommendations for the Water-type?

TurboBlaziken

Hero of Time
My team in detail for White 2 would have to be:

:500:-Emboar-BaconBlitz-Adamant-Blaze-Leftovers
  • Flare Blitz
  • Fire Punch
  • Hammer Arm
  • Head Smash
;448;-Lucario-Aurarion-Modest-Steadfast/Inner Focus-Expert Belt-
  • Aura Sphere
  • Flash Cannon
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Dark Pulse
:612:-Haxorus(Shiny)-Dracola-Adamant-Mold Breaker-Muscle Band-
  • Outrage
  • Dragon Dance
  • Shadow Claw
  • Poison Jab
;131;-Lapras-Glaceria-Sassy-Shell Armor/Water Absorb-King's Rock
  • Surf
  • Ice Beam
  • Drill Run
  • Zen Headbutt
;470;-Leafeon-Autumnal-Impish-Leaf Guard-Scope Lens
  • Leaf Blade
  • Aerial Ace
  • Sunny Day
  • X-Scissor
;466;-Electivire-Motorbolt-Naughty-Motor Drive-BrightPowder
  • Thunderpunch
  • Thunder
  • Rain Dance
  • Ice Punch/Fire Punch

Since I'm choosing Serperior in Black 2, I'll be choosing Emboar, again. He has a pretty high Attack stat that sweeps the floor.
Lucario is my second favorite Pokemon, and has a great moveset that covers mostly anything you need.
Haxorus, my favorite Unova Pokemon, and a great Physical Dragon type.
Information about a shiny Haxorus available, so I'll probably trade out my old one for it.
Lapras, because it is pretty bulky, and now with the Move Tutors, it can learn Drill Run.
Leafeon, because who doesn't love Eevee? I also have a tradition of always having a fire, water, and grass Pokemon on my team, so Leafeon eorked out great as an Eeveelution and my grass member.
And finally, Electivire, not much to say here, I've always liked the design and great move pool. I also needed an electric type.

That's my White 2 team, can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:

aclover

VICTORiOUS
Right, I should be getting my Jap. version soon, and I've started to think about my team!
- Tepig (Emboar) M
- Sewaddle (Leavanny) F
- Magnemite (Magnezone) -
- Baltoy (Claydoll) -
- Vullaby (Mandibuzz) F / Swablu (Altaria) F
- Seel (Dewgong) M / Buizel (Floatzel) M

I like everything balanced, that's why I have 2 Males, 2 Females and 2 Genderless Pokémon! And why I have 3 3-stage Pokémon and 2 3-stage Pokémon. Does anyone know whereabouts Route 23 (for Vullaby) and Seaside Cave (Seel) are? Hopefully not too for into the game!
EDIT: Going with Swablu and Buizel instead! They seem like they're availible earlier! ^^

Last edited:

Grey Wind

I'm thinking that my team will end up something like:

- Serperior
- Electivire
- Flygon
- Excadrill
- Cincinno
- Mantine/???

But I'm not entirely sure. I'll probably keep Serperior, Electivire, Cincinno and Flygon, but I may replace Excadrill and Mantine is really just a filler Pokemon. I want to get most of my Pokemon
relatively early in the game, so that's why I'm sort of iffy on Mantine (and the last spot as a whole). A Water-type would be handy, but all the ones I'd like to use seem to only be available very late in the game B| Some other Pokemon I'm considering are Umbreon, Camerupt, Skarmory, Floatzel and Mamoswine, but I'm really not sure yet.

I'm thinking of just going with the flow once I get the game, and not really planning the last spot at all.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
My future Black 2 team will most likely be

Emboar
Magnezone
Meloetta
Drapion
Pelipper
Durant.

I never used Emboar in my English BW games so I will give him a go. Magnezone was someone I never used, Meloetta is because it's my favorite legendary, Pelipper is my HM slave. Durant or Drapion may be my use of Cut in the game.

ROFLMAO

I only got the game a few hours ago, so I don't really have much of a team yet. I've been wandering around the Sangi Ranch aimlessly for like 25 minutes waiting for a Psyduck to show up, I'm gonna scream if one doesn't show up soon xD

As of Sangi Ranch, my team is currently-
Mareep "Sparky" Lv. 12
Oshawott Lv. 8
Azurill Lv. 5

I'll be catching a Growlithe as soon as I see one, boxing Azurill once I get back to a centre and I'll be dropping Oshawott for Psyduck and possibly Sparky for Magnemite, haven't really got a plan outside of that yet though :3

Last edited:

Torosiken

This is a title.
Probably using my starter (Tepig, so that means I'll use Embroar), Lucario, Azumarill.

The rest are still unsure. I am thinking to use Zoroark and Leafeon. All left now is the flyer of the team...

I am thinking about Volcarona, but three fire types is not balanced. I am wondering to use Flygon or Swoobat too :/
But I am also thinking to use other Pokemon.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
When it comes out in the UK, I plan to train:

Samurott (M), named Copernicus (to go with my Serperior, Galileo)
Arcanine (F), named Honey (just seems fitting)
Rapidash (F), named Lyra (she's a unicorn =P)
Cacturne (F), named Roxy (also fitting)
Nidoking (M, duh) named Magnus (cool name)
Braviary (M, of course) named Steve (Avengers reference)
Bisharp (M), named Tony (Ditto)
Siglyph (F), named Twinkle (sounds mystical)
Sandslash (M), named Baker (don't know why)

I know that Nidoran, Cacnea and Ponyta can't be found in Black 2, so I've already caught them, ready for training when the game comes. I'll also trade for a Rufflet egg. =)

Maxim

Beyond repair
I'm currently in Driftveil, before the 5th Gym. I play as a girl, who I named コリーナ (Corina), guess why.

My team:
Servine (Lenin - レニン), Lv. 32
Magby (Kirov - キロヴ), Lv. 24
Sandile (Khruschtschov - フルショヴ) - Lv. 20
Minccino (Togliatti - トリアッチ) - Lv. 24 (the event one)
Zorua (N's one, newly obtained) - Lv. 25

Weak, I know. As a typical plotfag, I don't raise any competitive Pokemon. I just want to beat the freakin' game, y'know, like in good ole' times. But this team does terrible job in doing even this.

Also, I must find some HM Slaves.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well here's what I've got. Since we have the full Unova dex I'll be going with Samurott, Lucario, Arcanine,Crobat, Espeon, Electabuzz/Electrivire. And for extra Haxours. Why is this my team? Because I have been using really terrible teams when I was a young kid mainly using first Route Pokemon. Now, I am changing up with a much better round up.

Status
Not open for further replies.