• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangaflora

My planned team for Black 2 (once released in the UK) are:
Samurott
Ninetales
Magnezone
Krookodile
Unfezant (Male)
Leavanny (Female)
Rotation for Black 2:
Politoed (Male)
Emboar
Ampharos
Reuniclus
Bellossom (Female)
Serperior

My planned team for White 2 (once released in the UK) are:
Samurott
Leavanny
Ampharos
Krookodile
Unfezant (Female)
Scolipede
Rotation for White 2:
Blastoise
Emboar
Ampharos
Reuniclus
Bellossom
Serperior

Last edited:

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Definitely don't have the game yet, but my planned team is something like this:

Bisharp
Golurk
Hydregion
Escavalier
Carracosta
[HM Slave Spot]

I have plenty of trained Pokémon from previous gens already, so I had these guys picked before we knew the full extent of the new Unova 'dex. I acknowledge the fact that I may have to trade in a Pokémon or two for the early game, since 3/5 of these weren't available until the seventh gym or later in B/W.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm probably getting both games again...darn them for making these games too awesome D:

Haven't really given it much thought what I'll be using for what games, I'm waiting a little until things get a little more finished(Moves and whatnot).

But at the moment I'm looking at these to use:
Sandile Line-I've seen some of the move tutor moves, now I can use it again and get a little something different from it.

Gligar Line-A favorite of mine, of which I never really got to use to the extent I wanted, so I'll be using it for sure.

Magnemite Line-I haven't really gotten to use Magnezone so I'm certainly using this in one of my first play throughs of one of the games, I've used Magnemite and Magneton a bit but still want to use Magnezone, plus these are favorites so it's not that big of a deal to use Magnemite and Magneton again.

Trapinch Line-I haven't really used it outside of Hoenn games, another favorite as well, I'll be able to get a new experience from it in these games.

Aron Line-Same reasons as Trapinch's line.

Azurill Line-Not really a favorite but I do have an interest in using it, it's Ability seems interesting enough that I never noticed before really.

Psyduck Line-Alternatively, I'd might use Psyduck over Azurill(Probably use both eventually), as it's not something I've used before and while not a favorite it's interesting to me.

I plan to use a large variety of Pokemon in my many play throughs of the game, but at the moment my first teams for each game I think will be:
Starter Line(Not sure one which I'll be using yet)
Sandile Line
Magnemite Line
Trapinch Line
Azurill Line
Koffing Line/Grimer Line

Starter Line
Ferroseed Line/Durant
Gligar Line
Aron Line
Skarmory
Psyduck Line

I wanted to make two teams that were formated in having one Pokemon from each generation plus a stater of this generation, although I also wanted to use all types between my two teams...which at the moment isn't happening.

Ugh, there's just so many Pokemon I'd like to use for one reason or another, I still want to use:
-Zubat Line
-Spoink Line
-Riolu Line
-Dunsparce
-Growlithe Line
-Magby Line(If things go as planned)
-Elekid Line(If things go as planned)
-A lot of Pokemon that evolve based on trading(Never really got much chance to use them so I'm hoping I can this time)
-Eevee Line(Never really used them before, not all that interested in them although Jolteon and Umbreon are interesting enough for me)
-Sandshrew Line
-Pinsir
-Baltoy Line
-Zangoose
-Seviper
-Skorupi Line
-Some more non-5th generation Pokemon
-Probably will use some 5th generation Pokemon again, I used a lot in my many play throughs of Black but with the move tutors I'll be able to get something new from some of them.

Aurath8

I only really have a skeleton of my team, and I'll decide for sure once pokearth's up, but here it goes:

Serperior
Newest addition here over Sawsbuck. Those tutor moves are looking really good.
Darmanitan
Wanted to use this guy in BW but I already had Tepig. Hopefully it's still available early on.
Azumarill
BW is probably the first game where Azurill and co are available early on, and I'm taking advantage of that. I'll end up trading it to BW so I can breed one with Aqua Jet though.
Drifblim
The only flying type that really appeals to me. I'm breeding for this since I can't wait until Route 13 for it.
Stunfisk
He's the only other Electric type that appeals to me from Unova. I also needed a good Surfer and Stunfisk fits well. I'll also breed him and introduce him around the 3rd gym, as he has good stats and a good levelup movepool, so I don't want him to overshadow the others.
???
Originally, this was going to Excadrill, but since Stunfisk already provides ground moves and I have a ton of physical sweepers already, this spot is now open. I'm leaning towards Lucario at the moment as Riolu is early and I've still not used my favourite pokemon in battle.

Hudsonn98

Here's my team for Black 2:
Samurott: I used Tepig for Black and Snivy for White so I'll complete the trio

Arcanine: I always need a good fire type! Plus I can get it early in the game.

Leafeon: My all time favortie eevee-lution and now that it learns Leaf Blade at lvl 45, it's going to PWN!

Mandibuzz: I need a flyer and it has a hidden ability that I like (Weak Armour)

Grumpig: It's just so derpy yet one of my all time favorite pokemon....and you can find it in the wild! Bonus!

Flygon: I'll catch it as a Vibrava in Rebirth MT. along with Grumpig. Should be a massive ingame sweeper.

Last edited:

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Confirmed members of my team:
Samurott
Simisage
Arcanine
Ampharos

My problem is, I want to use Skarmory, Weavile, and Grumpig because I like tim a lot, but they are very late in the game. So I might use these things instead:
Toxicroak
Lucario
Aggron

GigaGalvantula

Joined for B/W2
I'm thinking of doing a rotational team for Black 2:

Samurott
Arcanine
Flygon
Magnezone
Scarfty
Unfezant/Accelgor/Vanilluxe

My dilema is that I want to use more Unova pokemon than older ones but I'm kind of having some difficulty in picking some? Also I need a Psychic type perhaps and i've used Reuniclus and Sigilyph is catchable at the Desort Resort as are both Trapinch and Scarggy.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
I'm thinking of doing a rotational team for Black 2:

Samurott
Arcanine
Flygon
Magnezone
Scarfty
Unfezant/Accelgor/Vanilluxe

My dilema is that I want to use more Unova pokemon than older ones but I'm kind of having some difficulty in picking some? Also I need a Psychic type perhaps and i've used Reuniclus and Sigilyph is catchable at the Desort Resort as are both Trapinch and Scarggy.

You could always use Grumpig.

GigaGalvantula

Joined for B/W2
You could always use Grumpig.

As I said I want to use more Unova pokemon.

I feel like i'm using to much of the older gens and not enough of the new ones. Man Unova had terrible Psychic types aside from Reuniclus and Sigilyph.

I'm still not sure about my entire team except for Samurott, Arcanine, Flygon and Scarfty. I need a Electric type and I've used Galvantula already, Eelektross is kind of complictaed to train plus I'm restricting my team to one stone evo (Arcanine), Zebstrika I may use in a later playthrough of White 1 once I transfer my old team to Black 2 and i'm getting Black 2 and not Whit 2 so no Electabuzz.

Kangaflora

I'm probably getting both games again...darn them for making these games too awesome D:

Haven't really given it much thought what I'll be using for what games, I'm waiting a little until things get a little more finished(Moves and whatnot).

But at the moment I'm looking at these to use:
Sandile Line-I've seen some of the move tutor moves, now I can use it again and get a little something different from it.

Gligar Line-A favorite of mine, of which I never really got to use to the extent I wanted, so I'll be using it for sure.

Magnemite Line-I haven't really gotten to use Magnezone so I'm certainly using this in one of my first play throughs of one of the games, I've used Magnemite and Magneton a bit but still want to use Magnezone, plus these are favorites so it's not that big of a deal to use Magnemite and Magneton again.

Trapinch Line-I haven't really used it outside of Hoenn games, another favorite as well, I'll be able to get a new experience from it in these games.

Aron Line-Same reasons as Trapinch's line.

Azurill Line-Not really a favorite but I do have an interest in using it, it's Ability seems interesting enough that I never noticed before really.

Psyduck Line-Alternatively, I'd might use Psyduck over Azurill(Probably use both eventually), as it's not something I've used before and while not a favorite it's interesting to me.

I plan to use a large variety of Pokemon in my many play throughs of the game, but at the moment my first teams for each game I think will be:
Starter Line(Not sure one which I'll be using yet)
Sandile Line
Magnemite Line
Trapinch Line
Azurill Line
Koffing Line/Grimer Line

Starter Line
Ferroseed Line/Durant
Gligar Line
Aron Line
Skarmory
Psyduck Line

I wanted to make two teams that were formated in having one Pokemon from each generation plus a stater of this generation, although I also wanted to use all types between my two teams...which at the moment isn't happening.

Ugh, there's just so many Pokemon I'd like to use for one reason or another, I still want to use:
-Zubat Line
-Spoink Line
-Riolu Line
-Dunsparce
-Growlithe Line
-Magby Line(If things go as planned)
-Elekid Line(If things go as planned)
-A lot of Pokemon that evolve based on trading(Never really got much chance to use them so I'm hoping I can this time)
-Eevee Line(Never really used them before, not all that interested in them although Jolteon and Umbreon are interesting enough for me)
-Sandshrew Line
-Pinsir
-Baltoy Line
-Zangoose
-Seviper
-Skorupi Line
-Some more non-5th generation Pokemon
-Probably will use some 5th generation Pokemon again, I used a lot in my many play throughs of Black but with the move tutors I'll be able to get something new from some of them.

Ever heard of the term "Rotation"? Always useful to have a Rotation Party (as a back-up).

My planned team at the moment is: Blaziken, Vaporeon, Gliscor, Metagross, Crobat, Manectrike.
Decided against using Emboar simply because I prefer Blaziken. I plan to trade a Torchic over from White 1, does anyone know how soon you can trade between the 2 versions? I also plan to trade an Elecktrike over.
Gliscor is a bit hit and miss I have so many Pokemon in mind to fill that spot it's a tough decision, It's between Gliscor, Heracross, Scizor, Roserade.

The games look great I'm really looking forward to the American release.

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
A cycle of

Emboar
Krookodile
Scrafty
Zoroark
Jellicant
Golurk
Sawsbuck
Sigilyph

Something like that. I plan on keeping my decision to use only Pokemon introduced in that generation. Might change my mind later, though.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Here is another Team..i might use

Serperior
Lapras
Magnezone
Volcarona
Zoroark
Hydreigon

wunderkind

I'm planning to use rotational teams in BW2. In Black 2, my rotation will be Samurott, Dunsparce, Lucario, Arcanine, Crobat, Maractus, Sigilyph, Flygon, Zoroark, and Galvantula. Dunsparce is more of a filler Pokemon to use earlier in the game, so he may be replaced. Maybe I'll try out that Skill Link Mincinno...

For White 2, my rotation will include Emboar, Liepard, Weezing, Magnezone, Lilligant, Crustle, Reuniclus, Absol, Gliscor, and Lapras. Like with Dunsparce, Liepard is early filler, so I'll probably replace it, too. I'm just sure with what though.

~Nicole~

Banned
Well, I've made a 25-Pokemon Provisional List which will be later cut down to a 6-Pokemon list when I actually get the game. This is the Provisional List:

Samurott
Emboar
Serperior
Lucario
Arcanine
Magmortar
Electivire
Gigalith
Steelix
Excadrill
Heracross
Zoroak
Aggron
Galvantula
Haxorus
Drapion
Skarmory
Weavile
Mamoswine
Metagross
Crawdaunt
Yanmega
Tropius
Tyranitar
Charizard

I'll post up the final 6 Pokemon team when I get the game.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
Ah, planning my team is probably my favorite part of starting a new game. I always use a Fire-type, Water-type, Grass-type, Electric-type, a flyer, and one more with a type that's not represented in my team. I like to have a diverse-looking team - I don't like to have Pokemon that are the same color, shape, and I like to have different sizes represented. I also don't like reusing Pokemon I've used in the past couple years.

That being said, here's my plan:

497.png
Serperior (Draper/M): I always use my starter. I used Emboar in White, so I'll use the awesome regal snake this time around.

;059; Arcanine (Tiger/M): I always wanted to use this classic Fire-type, but never did. I'm really excited about having this lovable beast on my team.

;121; Starmie (Mimi): This is another Gen 1 Pokemon that I always loved, but never used. I was always lured by the other cool Gen 1 Water-types like Poliwrath and Gyarados. It was a toss up between this and Golduck, which I decided I'd use for a Pearl run instead. So, now it's Starmie's turn to bat. The Water/Psychic combo is a bonus.

596.png
Galvantula (Chloe/F): This was a hard choice. I had recently used Electivire, Jolteon, Zebstrika and Ampharos. I wasn't a huge fan of the other options, but I finally settled on Galvantula. I'm pleased with my choice now. Seems like a cool Pokemon with an interesting Electric/Bug combo. Plus I think it's 4-inch prevo is adorable.

521.png
Unfezant (Gale/M): I used Braviary in White, and I originally wanted to use Flygon this time. But it bothered me that the coloring/shape was too close to Serperior. Plus, I like using the common bird at some point each generation, and I love the male's design.

;448; Lucario (Luke/M): This guy is the definition of cool. Loved him in the animated trailer, and I've wanted to try him out since last gen. I love that he's available early in the game. It wasn't an easy choice, though. I also considered Steelix (ruled out since I have another snake) and Grumpig (ruled out because Starmie's part Psychic).

Hopefully I don't sound too OCD.

Last edited:

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
So here goes my team for White 2:

Samurott: Surfer as well as main water-type, maybe teach it a fighting move to more easily counter any Ice-types I found within the game.

Lucario: Love Lucario and Riolu's available early. Aura Sphere's a strong move as well as Lucario having a cool design as well as Riolu being available early on leads me to this decision. (Hoping we can get eviolite early on, possily from Pokewood)

Electivire: Elekid's available as early on as Virbank so it leads to nice addition to the team, never used any one from the Elekid line so I can't wait to use it as my Electric-type. (Hoping for eviolite for Elekid and Electabuzz early on)

Altaria: My flyer and my Dragon, strong for Drayden, Marshal, and Iris. Plan on teaching it Ice Beam and Flamethrower as well as Move Tutor Dragon Pulse on it. (Can we access Route 14 before we battle Drayden?)

Delcatty: Never used a Skitty or Delcatty before, so it should be interesting. Plan on teaching it Blizzard, Assist, Wake-Up Slap (unless a better fighting-type move is available), and Zen Heabutt through Move Tutor. Was hoping it could learn Aerial Ace but sadly it can't.

Crustle: Used Dwebble once and really wanted a Bug-type, figured a dual-type Bug would be a good choice, especially since its Rock Wrecker is strong against Flying-types.

Still up for decision, I may use an Eeveelution or Hidden Ability Sawsbuck. Any comments, ideas, or additions to my team?

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Well after playing both Black and White, I've learned not to start off with eggs of pokemon because it is hell training for example a level 1 Litwick into a level 35 Lampent for example and also to rotate my teams. So with my black 2 and white 2 teams, I'm not going to use the snivy line anymore because they just have boring movepools and my teams currently are planned to be:
Black 2
Samurott
Unfezant
Arcanine
Lucario
Cinccino
Excadrill

White2
Emboar
Seismitoad
Scrafty
Zoroark
Reuniclus
Roserade

Though I am giving myself rules not to use signature pokemon owned by members of the elite four and gym leaders, and also to rotate but I am trying to get 9 pokemon for each game. Any recommendations?

Black 2 Team below in my sig. But Im pretty sure I'll be rotating in the following:

Swanna
Lucario
Walrein
Magmortar
Buizel
Sawsbuck
Castform
Wailord
Mamoswine
Keldeo

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
About to start a Black 2 Nuzlocke! Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.