• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabric

my 2 teams are in my sig. the white 2 team is set but as you can see i still need another poke for the black 2 team. if anyone has any suggestions id appreciate it though i was thinking of axew. also if any has any of the pokes in the black 2 team in 4th gen shiny flawless or the 5th gen pokes as shiny flawless let me no ill offer big for them

p.s. these are all pokemon i will be trading into the game asap so i wanted lvl 1 ut if you wanna trade but still tell me what you think

Last edited:

Star Champion AJ

One problem with Seismitoad: You can't find any wild Tympoles. Palpitoad can be caught, but it can only be found in areas which are blocked off before post-game (Moor of Icirrus, Pinwheel Forest).

Yes, Flygon is an amazing pokémon! It's great it gets a chance to shine once again in a regional dex.

Sorry, haven't noticed that.
That's the reason why I'll use Lucario instead of Metagross (I was planning to use one but it appears late as hell as a Metang)

Last edited:

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
my 2 teams are in my sig. the white 2 team is set but as you can see i still need another poke for the black 2 team. if anyone has any suggestions id appreciate it though i was thinking of axew. also if any has any of the pokes in the black 2 team in 4th gen shiny flawless or the 5th gen pokes as shiny flawless let me no ill offer big for them

p.s. these are all pokemon i will be trading into the game asap so i wanted lvl 1 ut if you wanna trade but still tell me what you think

If this is for post-game then that is fine but if not then you can't have a Blaziken, Torterra, Venusaur, and Blastoise in the main-game scenario.

SuperEpicRock

As of right now, all I have for sure is:

Samurott - My starter, surfer, etc.
Ampharos - I love it, one of my favorites; blah, blah, blah
Lucario - I have never actually used luke before, i'm interested to see how it is in-game,
Dragon-type - might end up having to get it later in the game, but that's fine with me. Actually not a lot of dragons available in this game, other than unova ones.
Flyer - Probably crobat or swoobat, I just like those guys
Other - totally undecided at this point. Possibly a fire type.

As you can see, I'm not really sure about a lot of the team at this point, but things will change as I continue to watch playthroughs and see how the game works

gabric

If this is for post-game then that is fine but if not then you can't have a Blaziken, Torterra, Venusaur, and Blastoise in the main-game scenario.

like i said in the edit it is for in game use but i will be trading them in

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Would anyone recomend Klink.

I'm sort of considering him even though he's only a pure Steel type.

What my team needs is either a good Psychic or Electric type? Also i'd prefer it were native to Unova.

I used Klink in Black version, and I didn't regret it one bit. I highly recommend it. Shift Gear and Gear Grind is a beautiful combination, and the access to Electric moves only helps its case.

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
My team plans currently include Garbodor, Lucario, Leavanny, Arcanine, and Samurott. I still need a Fly user, but I'm trying to choose between Drifblim and Skarmory. Pretty much depends, is Skarmory available very early?

Skarmory aren't until Rebirth Mountain and Drifblim aren't until Route 13, 14 and Rebirth Mountain but you cannot obtain a Drifloon in the wild.

pikachu500

Elite Champion
My team will be Samurott, Heatmor, Archeops, Musharna, Eelektross, and Ferrothorn

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
^That's what I told him.

Araleon

Chill
Oof. I can't decide!

One note: Growlithe getting Outrage by level-up makes me so incredibly thrilled. Although, now I don't want to train Flygon on my copy because I'll have the perfect Dragon coverage with my amazing Arcanine. One of my favorite Pokemon.

So, unfortunately, we still can't trade until after the first Gym and I'm not too keen on using any of the three starters. I love Oshawott, but I trained one in White and there are so many amazing Water types in B2W2 that I'd love to train. Especially Mantine.

The minute Growlithe was confirmed, Tepig was out, and Snivy's just okay in my book.

So, that leaves me at a loss for what I'm gonna do for my first. I was going to trade over a Deerling egg, but I'd like to have a "starter" at the first Gym with me.

I might capture one of these to use as my "starter" and do my best to avoid trainers and battle: Purrloin, Mareep, Sewaddle.

Purrloin is the one I'm considering most carefully. I've always wanted to train one, but I plan on having Arcanine and Glaceon, and I'm not sure I want three quadrapeds? But still. She'd be a strong possibiliy.

Mareep has a lot going for her, too, but she isn't a Unovan-native, and I'd like a Unova Pokemon, I think, for my "starter."

Sewaddle is an interesting option. I've never been a big fan of bugs in real-life or in Pokemon, but I'm stongly considering using this caterpillar as my first.

Of course, I could always just use Snivy until the end of the first Gym, then trade over Deerling...

With that in mind, here's what I'm thinking for my team! Please, feel free to give me suggestions. :)

1. Liepard/Ampharos/Leavanny/Sawsbuck - See above comments.

2. Arcanine - He's my favorite Fire type, got a great move-pool, and I've always wanted to train an Arcanine and Glaceon on a team together.

2. Glaceon - My favorite Pokemon of all time. When Eevee was confirmed to be capturable, she was never not gonna make it onto my team.

4. Mantine - Mantine is in my top six for favorite water types. In my very first Pokemon game, Gold, I captured a Mantine and loved it, but I really wanted a Seel and couldn't find one. My mom's friend, Kelly, offered to trade me her Seel for my Mantine, since she had Silver, and I agreed. I didn't catch another Mantine and I missed the one I gave away, but loved Dewgong, so I vowed to train one in the future. Needless to say, in D/P/Pt I didn't like how close to the end Mantyke was, so here's hoping I can get him earlier!

5. Muk/Gengar(Dream World)/??? - This slot is the one I have no idea what to put in. I originally wanted Flygon to cover Dragons, but then Growlithe got Outrage. I'm considering Muk or catching a Dream World Gastly, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

6. Solrock/Lunatone - I love these two rocks. I know they suck, but they're so symbolic! I've just got to decide which I want.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
But I don't think you can use those without having the National Dex. Right?

I thought those restrictions have been gone since after gen 3? I mean my team in Soul Silver ran a Bagon hatched from an egg, made a fine Salemence in time for Clair...

As for this set of games personally I will definitely be using team rotation. One game will probably run a sandstorm theme, but the other one has not been decided yet....
(For example My Black Version in game team is based around a dream world Vulpix(now nine tales) and the sunlight it provides to buff Pokemon like Exxecute and Sawbuk ect)edit yes I never did find a leaf stone....

Pilpulp

美的
As for my team Please go back one page and rate it and Pleaseee leave a suggestion!!!!!!!

1. Liepard/Ampharos/Leavanny/Sawsbuck - See above comments.

2. Glaceon - My favorite Pokemon of all time. When Eevee was confirmed to be capturable, she was never not gonna make it onto my team.

Go with Leavanny, I used one in BW it was awesome. I never used a bug type before, but this one was amazing.

Isn't the icy rock in twist mountain which isn't accessible until post-game

Last edited:

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
I thought those restrictions have been gone since after gen 3? I mean my team in Soul Silver ran a Bagon hatched from an egg, made a fine Salemence in time for Clair...

There is no way unless you had a hacked game or cheated with a Action Replay, Gameshark or something else.

gliscor&yanmega

There is no way unless you had a hacked game or cheated with a Action Replay, Gameshark or something else.

I'm not sure if I'm following correctly, but I believe you are saying that you can't trade Pokemon that aren't in the Regional Dex? I'm pretty sure you are able to, without any form of hacking to trade Pokemon outside of the Regional Dex, I believe the moment you can trade(I heard it's right after the first Gym) you're able to trade anything regardless if it's in the Regional Dex or not.

Lucario_Guy

Diety of Technology
I am SO thrilled about all the awesome Pokémon on the early routes! :D

My Black 2 team (w/ nicknames!) is currently planned as follows:

Nickname * Pokémon - Reasoning

Emile the Serperior - Azurill and Growlithe were must-haves from the get-go, so I had no choice but to designate Snivy as my starter (and because I'm giving all my 'mons nicknames, no I will not be replacing it at any time with another Grass-type).

Devin the Azumarill - "It's so bouncy and round!"

Gian the Lucario- Need I explain? :p

Brax the Arcanine - DAT BITE

Rodri the Magnezone - Needed an Electric-type somewhere, and it's probably the only way I'd ever get past Roxie's Gym, considering my starter. XD

Eriel the Flygon - I wasjust gonna have an HM slave named STEVE, but then I noticed Trapinch was actually available in the Resort Desert (eat your heart out, Elesa!) and Vibrava/Flygon get Fly. :3

(If you can guess the naming scheme, I'll give you a cookie!)

EDIT: @gliscor&yanmega, You're most certainly correct! Any Pokémon can be traded over once trading is possible, regardless of whether or not they're in the regional dex; I recently did a run of Black version with all-Hoenn Pokémon. :p

Last edited:

R_N

Since it keeps coming up I've added clarifications for getting the c-gear & the lack of trade restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.