• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi

'Sup!
Lucario
Bisharp
Vaporeon
Electivire
Serperior
and Crobat

Keep in mind that this team could change as we get closer to an release date.

gabric

But I don't think you can use those without having the National Dex. Right?

really? in my black game i am using all national dex pokes that i traded in did they change it in bw2? i mean why wouldnt it allow you to trade pokemon from past regions

Streetlight

I am SO thrilled about all the awesome Pokémon on the early routes! :D

My Black 2 team (w/ nicknames!) is currently planned as follows:

Nickname * Pokémon - Reasoning

Emile the Serperior - Azurill and Growlithe were must-haves from the get-go, so I had no choice but to designate Snivy as my starter (and because I'm giving all my 'mons nicknames, no I will not be replacing it at any time with another Grass-type).

Devin the Azumarill - "It's so bouncy and round!"

Gian the Lucario- Need I explain? :p

Brax the Arcanine - DAT BITE

Rodri the Magnezone - Needed an Electric-type somewhere, and it's probably the only way I'd ever get past Roxie's Gym, considering my starter. XD

Eriel the Flygon - I wasjust gonna have an HM slave named STEVE, but then I noticed Trapinch was actually available in the Resort Desert (eat your heart out, Elesa!) and Vibrava/Flygon get Fly. :3

(If you can guess the naming scheme, I'll give you a cookie!)

EDIT: @gliscor&yanmega, You're most certainly correct! Any Pokémon can be traded over once trading is possible, regardless of whether or not they're in the regional dex; I recently did a run of Black version with all-Hoenn Pokémon. :p

If I'm not mistaken, I believe those are the names of some Youtube Letsplayers. I see you've got MO, Chugga, PurpleRodri, and GCP11 in there.

squarp

My planned team is as follows:

Samurott
Arcanine
Magnezone
Krookodile
Flygon
Keldeo(If event is early on, if not Leavanny)

With these for rotation
Lucario
Hydreigon
Skarmory
Absol

Any suggestions?

Well, now that R_N made it clear about the C-Gear I could pass a Gible onto my team or even a Magby. Thanks. Then the team could be:

Samurott (Surf, X Scissor, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump) Even though I like Emboar after Samurott and I had the former before, I don't really want to have two Fire Pokémon.
Magmortar (Flamethrower, Psychic, Earthquake, Brick Break) I always wanted to train seriously a Magmar.
Ferrothorn (Iron Head, Thunderbolt, Seed Bomb, Poison Jab) He will be my "Electric" Pokémon, his ability is useful and his double type does a favour against Poison. Also he has a nice design as well.
Garchomp (Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Dragon Rush) Another one I wanted to train. He's my favourite Dragon Pokémon.
Drapion (Poison Jab, Crunch, Brick Break or X Scissor, Earthquake) Like Garchomp and Magmortar, I wanted to train him, I like his double type and has an awesome design.
Hydreigon (Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Fly, Hyper Voice or any other attack) He caught my attention very much and he's very powerful. I don't mind leveling up my Zweilous for a long time.

And thanks for TurboBlaziken for the recommendation for Ferrothorn.

pokeaussie37

In my first playthrough (could be either game) for a start I'll be making use of some of the gifts you receive, namely Zorua and Eevee (hidden ability convinces me too). In addition to Zorua, I also wanted to use Riolu/Lucario as rather remarkably I've never trained one before! I also definitely wanted to train my favourite Pokemon Volcarona.

From here I had a core to work with, so I went through what other Pokemon are in the BW2 Dex and found an old-fave, and a defensive warhorse in Walrein. This in turn determined my starter, Snivy. Going for coverage, I decided that I will evolve my Eevee into Espeon, hello Magic Bounce. A balanced team in terms of types, a little more offensive than defensive but I guess you might expect that for an in-game team.

Final Team for first playthrough:

- Serperior
- Lucario
- Espeon
- Zoroark
- Volcarona
- Walrein

Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Right now I'm doing a bit of a blind run of Black 2(I know nothing about the actual playthrough of the game except for where a few Pokemon are), since I've never done one before. Right now I have a team of Oshawott, Mareep, Riolu, and Growlithe, and I'm thinking of using an Eeveelution. If I can't really think of anything any other Pokemon that's what I'll keep, since I really just care about seeing the game and not the team I'm using.

*IZ*

So this is going to be my team:

Seperior
Lucario
Aggron
Skarmory
Crawdaunt/Keldeo
Camerupt

Idc that I have 3 steel types. I just can't decide between Keldeo and Crawdaunt. I'm leaning more towards Keldeo since I only have 1 Unova pokémon and this game takes place there. But we'll see.

Fangren

My first team on White 2 once it comes out will likely be the following:

-Samurott, my favorite of the Unova starters (though even now I've never used Snivy).
-Arcanine, an excellent fire-type with an improved movepool that I haven't used since second gen.
-Sandslash, one of my favorite ground-types that has received amazing additions to it's movepool (it actually learns decent STAB moves by level!)
-Roserade, since I need to use more grass types, I've never used one before, and the available electric-types don't interest me much.
-Zangoose, which I've always thought was cool but never used because I had sapphire and not ruby...
-Skarmory, because I like flying-types and felt I needed something from the late game areas...plus, unless there is an interactable Braviary in the desert, it's one of the few birds I like....

ryanthehuman

-Samurott
I used one on my original run through of black, and it was awesome. It's a shame it didn't get Drill Run from the move tutors though, that would have been cool.
-Zoroark
because it's free and has an awesome ability. I was going to train one I bred recently on black but decided not too when I found it we get given it on a plate in black 2.
-Arcanine
never used one before but I've always wanted to, so heck, why not? I need a physical attacker, as well. Helloooooo Flare Blitz/Outrage/Extremespeed!!
-Roserade
admitedly I use this one way too much (diamond AND platinum runthrough, geez) but it's so brilliant I can't not use it. Might try and run a different set though. Toxic Spikes/Rest/Natural Cure? I don't know.
-Grumpig
debatable. I've always wanted to use one but apparently you catch pretty late in the game (post Mistralton, I've heard?). Mind you, I did use Chandelure and Druddigon in my main black runthrough, and they're both post Mistralton, so I'm sure I can make it work. Might switch it out for something else though. Another psychic type maybe.
-Flygon
Haven't used one since Emerald. Need something to fly and another physical 'mon. It looks awesome, too.

So that's the team I'm planning on using, hopefully it will do me good. I didn't realise when I made it but only like 2 types (ice and bug) can hit more than one of my team for supereffective damage, so that's a plus! I'll probably have changed my mind by the time black 2 is released in Europe though...

rocky505

White 2:
Samurott: My favorite starter of 5th and it hits hard from both sides
Braviary: now that serebii has confirmed braviary on rt 4 I'll use it
Lucario: haven't used one in awhile so I thought I'd try again
Jolteon: need me a good strong electric type.
Flygon: my favorite dragon type and I'm glad he's back since emerald.
Chandelure or volcarona: i can't decide between these two right now.

Ghostfoot

crooked witch
:497:~
Serperior (Female) - I have unburied my old attachment for this Pokemon. In my first ever playthrough of Black I started with Samurott although I preferred this reptile's design. Now that it has a more fitting and useful movepool I finally get to adventure with my favourite. I grew up with reptiles, commonly seeing forest snakes, and they are just an ingrained piece of me now.. I always felt a little cold-blooded myself as well.

;rukario;~
Lucario (Female) - I have neglected this Pokemon in the past generation and found its image a bit odd and unpleasant because I took more of a liking to canines on four legs. But now that it has been around a while I began thinking about this dog a bit more and it actually has an interesting Ancient Egyptian theme.. An Anubis, I believe? I have always loved history. Anyways, I have a passion for canines and such so I will give it a chance.. despite it standing on two legs.

;330;~
Flygon (Male) - I think this may be the most endearing dragon-type to me. Sure, it's not the most efficient and most intensely powerful dragon, but its design is really heart-winning. I quite enjoy actual dragonflies, and for them to make an adorable version of one made me excited a couple years back on my Emerald file. It's actually one of my favourite Pokemon.

;196;~
Espeon (Female) - No matter how ill-tempered and tired people are of Eeveelutions they will always remain my favourite. Espeon and Umbreon are a close tie for me. I thought Espeon would be quite a thrilling powerhouse and would decimate most of my competition. This Pokemon has insane Special Attack and I know its capability. I raised a male one to level 100 and it is by far my first favourite choice of Pokemon. Psychic is also an interesting, mystical type. And purple is my favourite colour as well.

;059;~
Arcanine (Male) - Another much loved and much personally-used Pokemon of mine. It is practically a dragon dog with all its dragon-type moves I like to humourously think.. Hmm. It lives up to its legendary description and is, in my opinion, one of the most riveting Pokemon around even with its pretty simple design. It actually doesn't take too much beauty to be stunning contrary to what some people think. Anyways, I'm a pyromaniac and this is a perfect choice. Too bad I have to sacrifice Chandelure, though..

;135;~
Jolteon (Male) - Yup. I always make sure to at least obtain two Eeveelutions on my first playthrough of every game with Eevee implemented into them. I am going by my childhood and how the Eevees always captivated me. Jolteon also has insane Special Attack and Speed like Espeon and I like sweeping through the games. Although, it does not have much bulk but I guess it is something I am willing to be a dare-devil about. Jolteon is pretty badarse and I cannot wait to use him.

Pilpulp

美的
Ok, no one replied to my team last time. So please, someone give suggestions.

:498: ~ Tepig ~ Never got the chance to use this guy, in Black I used Snivy, in White I used Oshawott. So now it is Tepig's turn. A reason that makes me want to use him more is that the 8th gym is water type, I want a challenge. So yeah.

;298; ~ Azurill ~ You catch it early on, and it comes to be a pretty nice water type. I would probably give it surf, since surf is the only decent HM. Yea, my main water type for the team.

:559: ~ Scraggy ~ I have seen people use Scrafty in competitive, so I'm going to give it a shot in the main game. This is another pokemon I have never used before. I also, don't use Dark or Fighting in any of my games. So it's typing will be unfamiliar.

:577: ~ Solosis ~ Again, people have used Reuniclus in competitive, so I'm going to give it a shot in the main story. Never used it again. It would be my main Special Attacker probably.

;328; ~ Trapinch ~ It's a nice dragon, found early on. It could use fly once it evolves. I'll be using it~!

Pleasssseeee give suggestions! I will be willing to take out and add pokemon except my starter, it's staying, so suggestions please! I also have a 6th spot available to a pokemon.

JD

Japanese Black Version 2 Team
Serperior
Arcanine
Vaporeon
Flygon
Zoroark
Heracross

English White Version 2 Team
Samurott
Braviary(I'll probably catch the one on Route 4)
Magmortar
Jolteon
Lucario or Haxorus
Roserade

Haru Glory

Rave Master
As for now, I think I will choose Snivy as starter, since it's the only one that I haven't used (I got Tepig as starter in B1, and then Oshawott via GTS).
Magmar could be a great Fire-type, hoping I can evolve him before the end-game.
Also Magnezone is an interesting choice, dual type, good stats, and I've never used him, so I think I'll give him a try.
Lucario is one that I've always had in mind, even before the release of B2W2, so it's going to be in my future team.
As Flying-type, I could stick with Sigilyph (like I did in B1), or I could choose between Crobat (one of my favs of all times) and Flygon (great Pokèmon IMHO).
The last one could be a Water-type, I could need some Psychic moves if Sigilyph isn't there, I think I will take a Starmie. Or a Vaporeon if so.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I was thinking maybe:

Emboar
Sawsbuck
Jellicent
Muk
Gigalith
Crobat

But I kinda want to change a few. Maybe throw a Magneton onto the team, but what should I replace? (yes I know I'm using two poison types, but I'd rather not replace them)

Aegon

I know for sure that I'll pick Snivy in my main playthrough, since I went with Oshawott in White and Tepig in Black. It also gets useful moves from tutors in BW2, which is nice. I'm also going to use a Magnemite, but I don't know whether to leave it as Magneton or go the whole way. I've yet to decide completely on the remaining members, although I think Crobat, Vanilluxe and Koffing may take up some of those spots. That'd give me a team like this:

Serperior
Magneton/Magnezone
Crobat
Vanilluxe
Koffing

I don't know what else I'd use. Maybe an Arcanine, Excadrill or Gigalith.

I've developed such a weird taste in Pokémon as of late.

sSerenity

Hello !

I need help for suggestions for my team ...

I want to use :

Tepig : Because I played Samurott & Serperior in B1W1, so I want a change !
Elekid : Because he's freaking cute and his evolutions are great for in game challenge
Sandile : Because I ****ing love this line

And now I need maybe a Water or a Grass or an Ice or an Psychic type to help me round this team. The 3 pokemon are also more physical than special (Tepig & Elekid can do both) so maybe the last can be more special oriented

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.