• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Thanks! Glad to know I'm not alone!

I like your team as well. I ended up using Simisage in White - he's awesome. I wasn't going to at first, but Pansage was my monkey so I used him early on and I never wanted to get rid of him. Always wanted to try Weavile out also, maybe next time!

Exactly my expression when reading your earlier post!

Yea, I used one in Black alongside my Emboar and I still am. I also have used Weavile since Pokemon Diamond, alongside Electivire, I guess Weavile will stay, but Electivire got unlucky. :p

RPG Maker

Lost Dreamer
Haha nice choices! Your team is EXACTLY like mine, except I'm using Unfezant instead of Flygon. Funniest part is that I love Flygon and I was totally about to use it. I eventually decided against it because I wanted to try another Unova Pokemon, plus I didn't want to use two green Pokemon (I know, I'm weird). :)
Haha, I'm kinda bothered by that too. But I needed something that could fly and there isn't much that I'm interested in training. I want Braviery but I'll be playing Black 2 =/

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Check out my signature for my teams!

Navarch

When I get mine, I want to use Steel Types...I've had a craving for them recently...
Lucario
Magnezone
Excadrill
Skarmory
Aggron
Klinklang

Nacreous

Fire trainer
So far I have Lucario and Darumaka...it's tough to choose from so many pkmn.I think I want a Heracross but I have Lucario,Vespiquen is too slow.I considered Crobat but I dunno...I'm kinda sick of gen 1 and 2 pkmn,they seem so old.I might use Dwebble...but I also want a good Flying type...and advice on that?Swoobat,Unfezant and Mandibuzz suck[I have Black2].Skarmory is found kinda late from what I've seen,plus,it's a gen 2 and it meh...

I so wish we could get Gible earlier.How soon can I get Archen?I'm in Castelia City.

Blakexd9

I didn't know Growlithe can now learn Outrage! I'll have to put some serious consideration on putting him on my team then.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Thinking, thinking....
Emboar (tradition of mine; beat the game with the fire starter first)
Ambipom (Can you say, "trade?")
Simisage (Second favorite Pokemon, does someone give them away again early I wonder?)
Electivire (5th favorite Pokemon)
Leavanny (Never used before)
Flygon (love him too)

Still considering: Azumarill, Vaporeon, Zoroark, Braviary, Sandslash, Drapion, and others :)

SmartD

Here's what I'm thinking to put on my team:
Emboar
Lucario
Vaporeon
Jolteon

I haven't decided who will be my Flyer on my team yet.

ryanthehuman

Hey thanks! This is quite good. Only don't forget it's story mode so the opponents are not insanely hard. But I like the set so I'll change some stuff when I get the team. Thanks again. What's your team? I'll help you out too.

You're welcome! Yeah, I know, but challenge mode looks like it could be tough and admittedly I go a little mad trying to get decent coverage. I probably won't actually finalize my teams moves until post-story anyway, so I don't really expect anyone else to do that either. My team:

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/503.png[/img128]
Samurott
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn/Superpower/Grass Knot/Hidden Power
- Detect/Aqua Jet

Can't decide if I should go all out special or mix it up a bit. Considered a physical set as well but idk. I'll only use HP if the typing is good, like Electric or Ground or something.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/571.png[/img128]
Zoroark
- Night Daze
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- U-Turn

Always wanted to use one. Was thinking about Sucker Punch or Focus Blast or something, too.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/59.png[/img128]
Arcanine
-Flare Blitz
-Outrage
-Extremespeed
-Wild Charge/Crunch

Can't decide on the last slot. I wanna go with Wild Charge but two recoil moves makes me want to cry. Might just grin and bear it though.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/407.png[/img128]
Roserade
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Venoshock
- Rest

Natural Cure ability. I've used Roserade to death but I figured I'd try something a bit different (and quite gimmicky, probably) this time.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/326.png[/img128]
Grumpig
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Thunder Wave

I've always wanted to use a Grumpig but I never have. Have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed that you can't get one until post-Mistralton though, I'm actually contemplating dropping this for something else. Another Psychic type maybe? If that DW Ability Eevee, the one from that scientist person at Castelia, is available pre-e4, I might use Espeon.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/330.png[/img128]
Flygon
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- U-Turn
- Fly / Fire Punch

Fly for pre-e4, then afterwards i'll drop it for Fire Punch and just use something from the box for flying.

I think my team is pretty solid; the only common weaknesses are Bug and Ice type moves (hence the abundance of Fire-type moves). I'm not sure about using Grumpig though and I'm even reconsidering Samurott. Might make this the first game where I'm starterless. I'd use Serperior but I used it in Black and plan to trade it over so I can teach it all the neat move tutor stuff, don't really see much point in using the same Pokemon twice in the same generation. I haven't used Emboar before but I don't want to, either. Thank you, by the way.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I think I'm going to repeat what I did in HeartGold and SoulSilver, I will just trade in all of the starters from white and use them as a fire, water, grass core. Galvantula and Kyurem will take a slot since I haven't used either of them. The last slot will be open to some from an earlier region, assuming I can find one.

Something I would like to know is where are the where and how a can obtain the evolution stones early on in the game. Also, where can I find Spiritomb?

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Samurott - Samuel
Arcanine - Antonio
Leavanny - Larry
Crobat - Craig
Magnezone - Magic
Zangoose - Gregory

hydro629

I have some members for my planned B2W2 team, but I need some help:
Current Team:
Emboar
Carracosta
Magnezone
?????
?????
?????
I want an eeveelution, and I need a flyer. I was considering Crobat or Flygon for a flyer. Are flygons too hard to train with a lot of experience? I'm looking for ice and psychic also, or maybe any types that would work? Suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Last edited:

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Current Team:
Emboar
Carracosta
Magnezone
?????
?????
?????
I want an eeveelution, and I need a flyer. I was considering Crobat or Flygon for a flyer. Are flygons too hard to train with a lot of experience? I'm looking for ice and psychic also, or maybe any types that would work? Suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

I think that Tirtouga is available post-game. You could use a Flygon. They evolve at lv 45 (give it the Lucky Egg too) but you could have Glaceon and Reuniclus/Gothitelle or Espeon and Walrein/Dewgong

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Current Team:
Emboar
Carracosta
Magnezone
?????
?????
?????

I think that Tirtouga is available post-game. You could use a Flygon. They evolve at lv 45 (give it the Lucky Egg too) but you could have Glaceon and Reuniclus/Gothitelle or Espeon and Walrein/Dewgong

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Current Team:
Emboar
Carracosta
Magnezone
?????
?????
?????

Take Sandslash, Leafeon, and Crobat.

hydro629

Ok, I've decided on:
Emboar
Carracosta
Magenzone
Flygon
Glaceon
Psychic Type ?????

Should I use Espeon/Reuniclus/Gothitelle/Musharna/Bronzong/Grumpig for my psychic pokemon?

Last edited:

Chidori__O

After much consideration, I'll probably end up going with something like this for a White 2 run.

501.gif
502.gif
503.gif

Flood
179.gif
180.gif
181.gif

John Henry (♀)
532.gif
533.gif
534.gif

Mink Car
133.gif
196.gif

Lincoln
597.gif
598.gif

Apollo 18
627.gif
628.gif

The Else

whitekyurem.png

Join Us

Nice nicknames apollo 18 LOL!!

You're welcome! Yeah, I know, but challenge mode looks like it could be tough and admittedly I go a little mad trying to get decent coverage. I probably won't actually finalize my teams moves until post-story anyway, so I don't really expect anyone else to do that either. My team:

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/503.png[/img128]
Samurott
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn/Superpower/Grass Knot/Hidden Power
- Detect/Aqua Jet

Can't decide if I should go all out special or mix it up a bit. Considered a physical set as well but idk. I'll only use HP if the typing is good, like Electric or Ground or something.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/571.png[/img128]
Zoroark
- Night Daze
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- U-Turn

Always wanted to use one. Was thinking about Sucker Punch or Focus Blast or something, too.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/59.png[/img128]
Arcanine
-Flare Blitz
-Outrage
-Extremespeed
-Wild Charge/Crunch

Can't decide on the last slot. I wanna go with Wild Charge but two recoil moves makes me want to cry. Might just grin and bear it though.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/407.png[/img128]
Roserade
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Venoshock
- Rest

Natural Cure ability. I've used Roserade to death but I figured I'd try something a bit different (and quite gimmicky, probably) this time.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/326.png[/img128]
Grumpig
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Thunder Wave

I've always wanted to use a Grumpig but I never have. Have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed that you can't get one until post-Mistralton though, I'm actually contemplating dropping this for something else. Another Psychic type maybe? If that DW Ability Eevee, the one from that scientist person at Castelia, is available pre-e4, I might use Espeon.

[img128]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwb/330.png[/img128]
Flygon
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- U-Turn
- Fly / Fire Punch

Fly for pre-e4, then afterwards i'll drop it for Fire Punch and just use something from the box for flying.

I think my team is pretty solid; the only common weaknesses are Bug and Ice type moves (hence the abundance of Fire-type moves). I'm not sure about using Grumpig though and I'm even reconsidering Samurott. Might make this the first game where I'm starterless. I'd use Serperior but I used it in Black and plan to trade it over so I can teach it all the neat move tutor stuff, don't really see much point in using the same Pokemon twice in the same generation. I haven't used Emboar before but I don't want to, either. Thank you, by the way.

Hey, I don't have a lot of time so I'll give advice later although I just skimmed it, it seems like a solid team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.