• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawk

I'm planning a team and looking for help! Here is my plan so far
Serperior, Lucario, Espeon, Crobat, ???, ???

andresballer03

to complete your team, id go for either a hydreigon or a flygon and for the last slot a good water type, i recommend lapras if you can find it.

Krainz

I would most surely recommend Arcanine and Carracosta.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I would most surely recommend Arcanine and Carracosta.

You can't get carracosta until after you beat the pokemon league. He probably means pkemon you can get in the main game.

Reddyll

Serperior
~ Coil
~ Leaf Blade
~ Aqua Tail
~ Dragon Tail

I LOVE it in BW2 that we can now move tutor our Serperior Aqua Tail. Also, it's the coolest looking and my favorite 5th gen starter. Probably going to start off a battle with this, that's why I have Dragon Tail in it's move-set.

Jolteon
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Signal Beam
~ Thunder Wave

For me, it was a really tough call between Galvantula and Jolteon. Since Galvantula has a better move pool, though at the end I went with speed.

Cloyster
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Shell Smash
~ Poison Jab

I was thinking of adding Suicune here, but it's an uber pokemon. And if I did, my team would look too similar with Ashrynn's ;).

Hydreigon
~ Fly
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Flamethrower
~ Dark Pulse

This was definitely my hardest choice, the 3 choices I had were Bisharp, N's Zorua or Hydreigon. It was a really close call with Zoroark, since i really wanted to use him. But at the, I realized i wanted a dragon/dark + I needed a flyer.

Volcarona
~ Fiery Dance
~ Quiver Dance
~ Wild Charge
~ Roost

Again, this was another hard choice. I was thinking about Houndoom, Arcanine, Rapidash, Flareon and Volcarona. I had Houndoom covered by Hydreigon. I love Arcanine, but I scanned through this forum, and there were like a billion people thinking of using it. So at the I had a choice between Rapidash and Volcarona, you will be able to catch Volcarona kind of early at Level 35, and that sold me. It was too good to pass up.

Gallade
~ Swords Dance
~ Stone Edge
~ Close Combat
~ Psychic

This was just a 6-team member option, I just decided on Gallade because Psychic/Fighting is one of my favorite types. Was thinking of getting Meloetta, but again Ashrynn got it before me. :)

That's my planned team for Black 2 so far. Any comments and suggestions will be taken into consideration. Thank You :).

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Are you sure that you can catch Volcorana early on? I will replace Magmorator with it if so. After exactly which badge are you able to catch him?

Reddyll

I'm sorry I made a mistake, sorry :(. I thought you can catch it early on, but it's still same as last time. Just says Relic Castle - Maze End. MIN-MAX Level 35. Still, to me its really worth it and I'll add it to my team post-game. Maybe, for the beginning, I'll use Rapidash which is freaking amazing ;p. I will probably trade over the Larvesta from my white.
Thanks GoldCyndaquil

Last edited:

Ashrynn

I'm planning a team and looking for help! Here is my plan so far
Serperior, Lucario, Espeon, Crobat, ???, ???
You really did put together a pretty nice team and to finish it I'd highly suggest you use Vaporeon on the team, combined with a hard hitting fire type like Darmanitan.

Your team choices are well thought out so far, and because of this you can use a slew of pokemon choices. I think Vappy and Darmanitan will help out the best, but I can give you a few other options.

If you want to use an Electric type over the fire type then Galvantula or Jolteon would be great choices.

Alternatively, Crustle is available as well if you want a pokemon that can take some beatings for our team. A bug type wouldn't be a bad option: Heracross/Pinsir, Volcarona, Galvantula would work, just don't use Galvantula&Volcarona or you have 3 pokemon weak to Rock moves.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
This is the set I'm planning to use for Magmortar:

Magmortar @ Expert Belt (might replace it with Life Orb or Choice Specs for competitive battles, but for in-game I figure it's widespread coverage makes this a decent item)

- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- ?

I need a suggestion for the last move. There seems pretty good coverage with these 3 moves, so I'm thinking either a physical attack incase I get in tight spaces with special walls or something with Magic Mirror - Magmortar's Attack is 95, which is pretty decent ingame - or a utility move. Obviously, I'm going more for the latter, since the former's use is probably limited, but I can't really figure out anything halfway decent utility-wise in the guy's movepool.

I was thinking Focus Blast, but the accuracy really puts me off. I hate low-accuracy moves, which is the reason I opted for Flamethrower over, say, Fire Blast. Perhaps Earthquake?

Reddyll

Lava Plume: Good power, high accuracy, STAB, good chance to burn.

Focus Blast: High power, chance to lower Sp. Def, used to deal with Rock types. Also deals with Steel and Normal types.

Thunderbolt: Good power, high accuracy, chance to paralyze, used to deal with Water types.

Taunt: Stops the foe from using Stat moves.

Reddyll

Ashrynn, what do you think of my team. Our teams are very similar :) any other ideas or suggestion I could use to improve it.

Last edited:

Sawk

I will get Magmortar and Lapras. Now for move sets

Space means STAB
Serperior
Planned this out a while ago.
- Leaf Blade
-Growth
- Giga Drain
-Gastro Acid

Lucario
Having trouble on him
- Force Palm
- Counter
-???
-???

Espeon
I sure fail at move sets
-Shadow Ball
- Psycic
-???
-???

Crobat
Hmmm
- Wing attack
- Poision Fang
- Toxic
-???

Lapras
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
-???
-???

Magmortar
- Flamethrower
-???
-???
-???

Next post:
Items

Ashrynn

Serperior
~ Coil
~ Leaf Blade
~ Aqua Tail
~ Dragon Tail

I LOVE it in BW2 that we can now move tutor our Serperior Aqua Tail. Also, it's the coolest looking and my favorite 5th gen starter. Probably going to start off a battle with this, that's why I have Dragon Tail in it's move-set.

Jolteon
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Signal Beam
~ Thunder Wave

For me, it was a really tough call between Galvantula and Jolteon. Since Galvantula has a better move pool, though at the end I went with speed.

Cloyster
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Shell Smash
~ Poison Jab

I was thinking of adding Suicune here, but it's an uber pokemon. And if I did, my team would look too similar with Ashrynn's ;).

Hydreigon
~ Fly
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Flamethrower
~ Dark Pulse

This was definitely my hardest choice, the 3 choices I had were Bisharp, N's Zorua or Hydreigon. It was a really close call with Zoroark, since i really wanted to use him. But at the, I realized i wanted a dragon/dark + I needed a flyer.

Volcarona
~ Fiery Dance
~ Quiver Dance
~ Wild Charge
~ Roost

Again, this was another hard choice. I was thinking about Houndoom, Arcanine, Rapidash, Flareon and Volcarona. I had Houndoom covered by Hydreigon. I love Arcanine, but I scanned through this forum, and there were like a billion people thinking of using it. So at the I had a choice between Rapidash and Volcarona, you will be able to catch Volcarona kind of early at Level 35, and that sold me. It was too good to pass up.

Gallade
~ Swords Dance
~ Stone Edge
~ Close Combat
~ Psychic

This was just a 6-team member option, I just decided on Gallade because Psychic/Fighting is one of my favorite types. Was thinking of getting Meloetta, but again Ashrynn got it before me. :)

That's my planned team for Black 2 so far. Any comments and suggestions will be taken into consideration. Thank You :).

User Return on Serperior, you'll find Water and Normal moves offer pretty good coverage and Dragon Tail is only useful if you want to pass a team through Stealth Rock. You can go with Outrage, but I don't recommend it.

Galvantula is fun, but I prefer Jolteon. Electric absorption is very sweet.

Cloyster should not run Surf or Ice Beam. If you want to do this then use Lapras, Golduck, etc.etc. Cloyster's powerful when you have it's DW ability and run the Physical set. Anything else and you'll want to use another water type.

On another note; Suicune is not Uber. Suicune is actually in the UU tier on Smogon. Legendary pokemon are not all Uber and it's actually pretty annoying people think that.

Don't use Fly on Hydreigon unless you absolutely can't fit stand not having a flyer. Replace it with Surf/Focus Blast

Use Bug Buzz over Wild Charge. Other than that you could use Substitute, but Roost/Morning Sun are decent. Volcarona is powerful hands down.

Gallade Bulky: Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Psycho Cut, Night Slash or X-Scissor
Gallade Beaty: Sword Dance, Close Combat, Psycho Cut, X-Scissor

Good choices, fix up the moves a bit and re-think Cloyster's role on the team. You can go special, but unless you really are in love with Cloyster another pokemon fits the role better.

I will get Magmortar and Lapras. Now for move sets

Space means STAB
Serperior
Planned this out a while ago.
- Leaf Blade / Giga Drain
- Coil / Calm Mind
- Return / Dragon Pulse
- Aqua Tail / Substitute

He doesn't have the offenses to go Mixed. He'll hit very weak if you decide to use it, even in-game it will make you pull your hair out...Trust me on this. Use either Coil or Calm Mind.

Lucario
Having trouble on him
- Force Palm (Replace with Brick Break, Later Close Combat)
- Ice Punch
- Sword Dance
- Extremespeed (Use any filler move until he learns this)

Espeon
I sure fail at move sets (No hard asking for help!)
-Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind

Crobat
Hmmm
- Fly (Toxic Stalling with Fly+Roost) / Aerial Ace
- Poision Fang / Cross Poison - Move Re-Learner
- Toxic / X-Scissor (In-Case you hate Toxic Stalling)
- Roost

Lapras
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder Bolt
- Sing / Psychic / Hydro Pump
Lapras should just use Surf over Hydro Pump, but you can put Hydro Pump in the final slot as there aren't many other moves she can run there.

Magmortar
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
I love Magmotar deep down >.<

Next post:
Items

Helped in Bold!

My new Team

1. Gardevoir
2. Electivire
3. Lopunny
4. Lilligant
5. Jellicent
6. Mamoswine

A well balanced team, but I do have some ideas if you'd like!

ToeyJoey

The Count
I always like Drain Punch Lucario, anything that can heal to me makes it more useful, less power but you last a lot longer; especially if you're KO-ing stuff.

Ashrynn

I always like Drain Punch Lucario, anything that can heal to me makes it more useful, less power but you last a lot longer; especially if you're KO-ing stuff.
I actually agree with you, but in the end there are better pokemon for that: Hitmontop, Conkledurr, Gallade etc.

You can easily use a Bulk Up set with Drain Punch on Lucario though, but he's better off running Sword Dance and Close Combat as his defenses aren't that great so you're better off just pummeling through for OHKOs.

I'm thinking someone should try this team out though:

497.gif
024.gif
208.gif
350.gif
604.gif
130.gif

It's a team of Serpents! You could call yourself Snake Charmer or Serpent Master~!

Eelektross is an eel though so you could probably replace him with Dragonair of course.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I actually agree with you, but in the end there are better pokemon for that: Hitmontop, Conkledurr, Gallade etc.

You can easily use a Bulk Up set with Drain Punch on Lucario though, but he's better off running Sword Dance and Close Combat as his defenses aren't that great so you're better off just pummeling through for OHKOs.

I'm thinking someone should try this team out though:

497.gif
024.gif
208.gif
350.gif
604.gif
130.gif

It's a team of Serpents! You could call yourself Snake Charmer or Serpent Master~!

Eelektross is an eel though so you could probably replace him with Dragonair of course.

I'd switch out Arbok with Seviper simce it has (I think) a bigger movepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.