• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregoryZoroark

Pokemon Master
Hey Ashryn, I am sorry to ask this, but could I get some different Pokemon, you obviously don't have to, but thanks in advanced if you do, and thanks for the suggestions, it's a good team bu t it isnt me, but thanks, it is an eceptional team.

Ashrynn

Hey Ashryn, I am sorry to ask this, but could I get some different Pokemon, you obviously don't have to, but thanks in advanced if you do, and thanks for the suggestions, it's a good team bu t it isnt me, but thanks, it is an eceptional team.

There are over a 100 pokemon I could choose from in just Unove(well not really...but you know)

Tell me what pokemon you want to use at least.

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
I have this list for my Pokémon Black 2 Team:

1. Emboar/Serperior: I like both, but i only use one of them
2. Gardevoir: I like she, but she isnt in the UNova Dex
3. Lucario: If i choose Serperior, i choose lucario. If i choose Emboar i didnt choose Lucario
4. Liligant: If i choose Emboar, i choose Lilligant. If i choose serperior, i choose lilligant.
5. Lopunny: I like it
6. Crobat
7. Altaria
8. Mamoswine
9. Electivire
10. Jellicent

Krainz

Okay, with Black And White 2, I'll be starting, for my first time ever, I'll be getting into competitive gaming. Can anyone suggest good team members, ONLY FROM BLACK 2, no other generations, please, I am pretty poor. So anyways, all I know is that I want to use Scoutland, because I heard he is an incredible tank. And I might want to use EMboar, as he is my favorite Pokemon (Besides Zoroark, check my name for confirmation.) Can anyone suggest good team members, and good movesets, thank you. I really need the help, because I really want to get into it this year. Thanks in advance.

If you really want to get an in-game+competitive team, I would suggest you Emboar, Zangoose, Flygon, Stoutland, Arcanine and Zoroark.

Toxic Boost + Toxic Orb Zangoose instakills pretty much every pokémon with Facade. Heck, with one Swords Dance he might get up to 900 attack.

Choice Scarf Flygon kicks asses, he is really fast and has stab on both EQ and Outrage. Another considerable option would be Life Orb Haxorus.

Arcanine has Outrage now, which may be used to counter dragons if you don't want to pick up Flygon or Haxorus.

And Zoroark is insane with Nasty Plot. Mine even instakills with a single Night Daze sometimes, not even requiring the use of a Nasty Plot of sorts.

Last edited:

NES

Flip me to the side!
That's a really nice team you put together! Are they favorites of yours?

Thanks (also thanks to Violent Red), yes I like those pokemon, but I also tried to have some region variety (got Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova pokemon).

Ashrynn

1. Emboar: Use the Emboar set I posted / Multiple Serperior sets have been posted
2. Gardevoir: Calm Mind - Psychic - Thunderbolt - Signal Beam
3. Lucario: Drain Punch(Close Combat) - Ice Punch - Extremespeed - Sword Dance
4. Liligant: Quiver Dance - Giga Drain - Hyper Beam... - Round...... (Her movepool is limited, either use all gras moves or something)
5. Lopunny: (Use a Choice Band and Cute Charm Ability) - Return - Jump Kick - Ice Punch - Fire/Thunder Punch/Bounce/Dig/etc.etc.
6. Crobat: Fly - X-Scissor/Zen Headbutt - Cross Poison - Roost/SuperFang
7. Altaria: Dragon Dance - Dragon Claw - Earthquake(Use a Filler) - Fly
8. Mamoswine: Ice Shard - Earthquake - Rockslide - Superpower
9. Electivire: Thunderbolt - Flamethrower - Ice Punch - Earthquake
10. Jellicent: Surf - Shadowball - Ice Beam - Energy Ball

Hope this helps you with some set ideas!!!

Thanks (also thanks to Violent Red), yes I like those pokemon, but I also tried to have some region variety (got Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova pokemon).

I tried to do the same, but I couldn't fit in an Unova pokemon >.<

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
If you really want to get an in-game+competitive team, I would suggest you Emboar, Zangoose, Flygon, Stoutland, Arcanine and Zoroark.

Toxic Boost + Toxic Orb Zangoose instakills pretty much every pokémon with Facade. Heck, with one Swords Dance he might get up to 900 attack.

Choice Scarf Flygon kicks asses, he is really fast and has stab on both EQ and Outrage. Another considerable option would be Life Orb Haxorus.

Arcanine has Outrage now, which may be used to counter dragons if you don't want to pick up Flygon or Haxorus.

And Zoroark is insane with Nasty Plot. Mine even instakills with a single Night Daze sometimes, not even requiring the use of a Nasty Plot of sorts.

Thanks for giving the forumites a decent team. Though would such a team be extremely reliable when dealing with the battle subway on both super and normal? I plan to do the subway challenge on B/W2 and I also need a good team on my White to do all the trains as well. As for EV training I should have enough money in my White for alot of vitamins and I also have pokerus on a couple pokemon so I could train from lvl 1 and heighten their power even greater. But yeah, I'd also prefer a team setup that can hit fast and hard whilst having good defenses and little type disadvantages. If you know of a combination please tell me.

BurningWhiteKyurem

4. Liligant: Quiver Dance - Giga Drain - Hyper Beam... - Round...... (Her movepool is limited, either use all gras moves or something)

Quiver Dance - Petal Dance - Giga Drain - Sleep Power/Stun Spore

Petal Dance works a lot better than Hyper Beam (especially with the recharge). Sleep/Paralysis helps you set up a Quiver Dance or two before going all out.

Krainz

Thanks for giving the forumites a decent team. Though would such a team be extremely reliable when dealing with the battle subway on both super and normal? I plan to do the subway challenge on B/W2 and I also need a good team on my White to do all the trains as well. As for EV training I should have enough money in my White for alot of vitamins and I also have pokerus on a couple pokemon so I could train from lvl 1 and heighten their power even greater. But yeah, I'd also prefer a team setup that can hit fast and hard whilst having good defenses and little type disadvantages. If you know of a combination please tell me.
I like to use Haxorus, Tyranitar and Emboar on the subway myself. Haxorus kills with ease, so he's a must. A Scarfed Krokodile with Moxie is also a good option, as well as Toxic Boost Zangoose and Choice Scarf Magmortar.

A good setup for long battles would be a Toxic Spikes/Giga Drain/Leaf Storm/Synthesis Roserade preceding a Hex/Venoshock/Thunderbolt/Substitute Gengar. With the help of Toxic Spikes, Gengar's Hex and Venoshock would have, respectively, 100 and 130 power, enough to instakill any pokémon with his high Satk. Also, a Roserade with Leaf Storm can pretty much instakill a Gliscor, which leaves you with strong counters in your team.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
I like to use Haxorus, Tyranitar and Emboar on the subway myself. Haxorus kills with ease, so he's a must. A Scarfed Krokodile with Moxie is also a good option, as well as Toxic Boost Zangoose and Choice Scarf Magmortar.

A good setup for long battles would be a Toxic Spikes/Giga Drain/Leaf Storm/Synthesis Roserade preceding a Hex/Venoshock/Thunderbolt/Substitute Gengar. With the help of Toxic Spikes, Gengar's Hex and Venoshock would have, respectively, 100 and 130 power, enough to instakill any pokémon with his high Satk. Also, a Roserade with Leaf Storm can pretty much instakill a Gliscor, which leaves you with strong counters in your team.

Okay thanks. Now to start training some so they can be uber XD

Ashrynn

Petal Dance works a lot better than Hyper Beam (especially with the recharge). Sleep/Paralysis helps you set up a Quiver Dance or two before going all out.
I just keep forgetting Petal Dance. Either way, it's really just a bunch of Grass moves and Quiver Dance. It's powerful, but can't do anything to a Steel type...or a flying type....or a fire type....or a Bug type....or a Poison type....or a....

Need to get like +2-3 boosts in it for a sweep, but it's fun to use either way.

Krainz gave the best ideas for a Subway team, but if you want further help you should go to the proper forum for that type of discussion per R_N's request.

I couldn't fit Johto though, your team is the one in your signature?

Yes it is. Normally I wind up making a team with +4-5 Kanto or +3-4 Johto.

Last edited:

Reddyll

Thank you, it's a nice team with good move sets. (y)
I couldn't pass up a 99% thunder on Galvantula :).

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

hey um Do they have the female one of your avatar? I like it. Where did you get it?

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Guys please try to stay on topic and keep away from discussing competitive and battle subway teams. Follow R_N's rules or got to different threads.

Krainz

Guys please try to stay on topic and keep away from discussing competitive and battle subway teams. Follow R_N's rules or got to different threads.

Why does that bother you? People just asked for a team that would be fine both in-game and in the subway.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Why does that bother you? People just asked for a team that would be fine both in-game and in the subway.

That's perefectly fine, idc about that. But the way I was reading kanethedragon's post was that he was directly addressing the batte subway. That's it.

Anyways, I'm considering doing a Weather-Team runthrough on either Black 2 or White 2, and I want to base it off a major underdog, Castform. I know I want to use Drizzle Politied and Drought Ninetales as well as Snow Warning Abomnasnow. Any others would be greatly appreciated.

salamence777

The Dragon Master
Ever since I saw the full bw2 pokedex, I have been planning out the possibilities.
Aggron(used since RSE); flygon(used him ever since RSE); scrafty(defensive beast); emolga(he is just too cute to resist using); Escalvieler(total boss); and Haxorus(offensive tank)

Krainz

Lately I've tried to avoid the "used since [x]-game" ones, variety makes teams more fun.

But, in my case, a "themed" variety, if you get what I mean.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
That's perefectly fine, idc about that. But the way I was reading kanethedragon's post was that he was directly addressing the batte subway. That's it.

Anyways, I'm considering doing a Weather-Team runthrough on either Black 2 or White 2, and I want to base it off a major underdog, Castform. I know I want to use Drizzle Politied and Drought Ninetales as well as Snow Warning Abomnasnow. Any others would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah sorry about that. I don't know where the subway thread(s) were so I guessed here would be a good runner-up (since subway is technically something done in-game with only some trains being competitive play). Even so, the team does sound pretty good and I might actually use it in-game. As for anything else regarding the subway I shall post in it's respectful thread (once I can find it). And for an in-game B/W2 team? I currently have that up in the air, but I plan to have Snivy part of the team as a starter in Black 2 while I'll have Tepig in White 2 (plan on getting both games.)

Status
Not open for further replies.