• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddyll

Ashrynn, I know it's your own team but I really wished you would switch Flygon for your starter, Serperior with your usual move-set(you posted like 10+ times). Also doesn't it bother you(I'm weird) that 5 of your Pokemon have the same ID and OT but your legendary Suicune's is different? I know you really want to use a Suicune since because of his excellent sp. def and def. He's an excellent staller, if not the best. But here me out here.

091.gif
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Naive/Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Surf/Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

*Shell Smash - acts like Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, and Agility all in one technique! But it comes at the cost of -1 Defense AND - 1 Sp. Defense. Cloyster has godly Defense AND poor Sp. Defense and, as stated, Cloyster can't really take advantage of its natural bulk anyway thanks to Stealth Rock, Close Combat, and Stone Edge and no reliable means of recovery so it doesn't really matter either way.
*Icicle Spear - STAB, and gains an insane 187 base power (STAB included) thanks to Skill Link!
*Rock Blast - coverage, gains 125 base power also because of Skill Link.
*Surf/Razor Shell - choose your other STAB attack based on Nature.

P.S At level 100, Cloyster finishes with 500+ defense and 200+ sp.def :).

Last edited:

ToeyJoey

The Count
and you have to remember Sandstorm doesn't just deal damage, it also cuts accuracy.

Since when does Sandstorm cut accuracy?

But it comes at the cost of -2 Defense AND Sp. Defense.

It reduces Defence and Special Defence by one stage.

Last edited:
I'm going to have magic bounce Espeon, Lucario, Scyther, Crobat, Breloom, but I can't think of asixth member. What do you guys recomend?

Ashrynn

Ashrynn, I know it's your own team but I really wished you would switch Flygon for your starter, Serperior with your usual move-set(you posted like 10+ times). Also doesn't it bother you(I'm weird) that 5 of your Pokemon have the same ID and OT but your legendary Suicune's is different? I know you really want to use a Suicune since because of his excellent sp. def and def. He's an excellent staller, if not the best. But here me out here.

091.gif
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Naive/Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Surf/Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

*Shell Smash - acts like Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, and Agility all in one technique! But it comes at the cost of -1 Defense AND - 1 Sp. Defense. Cloyster has godly Defense AND poor Sp. Defense and, as stated, Cloyster can't really take advantage of its natural bulk anyway thanks to Stealth Rock, Close Combat, and Stone Edge and no reliable means of recovery so it doesn't really matter either way.
*Icicle Spear - STAB, and gains an insane 187 base power (STAB included) thanks to Skill Link!
*Rock Blast - coverage, gains 125 base power also because of Skill Link.
*Surf/Razor Shell - choose your other STAB attack based on Nature.

P.S At level 100, Cloyster finishes with 500+ defense and 200+ sp.def :).

Very few things bother me.

That said I've used Cloyster before and it is fun. Still not what I want to do though.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Not sure if it would be significant, but yes, you can get more evasion that way.

Still, I don't recommend using Sandstorm outside a Sand team, since you'll damage your own Pokemon that doesn't resist it, and you have to remember Sandstorm doesn't just deal damage, it also cuts accuracy.

Sandstorm cuts accuracy!? Are you sure!? I never really noticed...but yeah I might just keep Fire Fang on Garchomp

ToeyJoey

The Count
Bulbapedia said:
Sandstorm

Effect:
Damages all Pokémon who are not Rock-, Ground-, or Steel-type.
Does not damage Pokémon with the following Abilities: Sand Veil, Sand Rush, Sand Force, Overcoat, Magic Guard
Raises the Special Defense of all Rock-type Pokémon by 50%.
Causes SolarBeam to deal only half of its normal damage.
Causes Moonlight, Synthesis, and Morning Sun to recover ¼ of max HP.
Activates the following Abilities: Sand Veil, Sand Force and Sand Rush.
Changes Weather Ball to a Rock-type move and doubles its power, but Castform stays in its normal form.
Can be lengthened from 5 to 8 turns with the use of the Smooth Rock.

Serebii said:
Sandstorm

Effects:
All non-Rock, Ground or Steel type Pokémon are damaged each turn
Rock type Pokémon's Special Defense is increased by 50%
Solar Beam power is reduced
Synthesis. Morning Sun & Moonlight recover 25% of user's HP
Pokémon with the Sand Veil Ability have their evasion boosted by 20%. Outside battle in 111 & 228, if head of the party, the wild encounter rate is decreased by 50%
Pokémon with the Sand Rush Ability have their Speed doubled
Pokémon with the Sand Force Ability have their Ground, Steel & Rock move strength increased by one stage
The Weather Ball attack's Power doubles and becomes Rock Type

Not that I can see.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
My Experimental Team:

134.gif
135.gif
136.gif
196.gif
197.gif
448.gif

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Sandstorm cuts accuracy!? Are you sure!? I never really noticed...but yeah I might just keep Fire Fang on Garchomp

Not that I can see.

I was very sure I remember an attack with 100 accuracy missing in Sandstorm, with no evasion move/item present, but eh, seems like it's just me remembering the wrong thing :p

R_N

I was very sure I remember an attack with 100 accuracy missing in Sandstorm, with no evasion move/item present, but eh, seems like it's just me remembering the wrong thing :p

Hey I brought this up when you first brought this up back in the Discovery thread back when the Japanese worlds teams were posted
Where on earth did you ever remember hearing about an accuracy drop in Sandstorm. That has never been a thing unless a pokemon has Sand Veil in which case attacks towards it will be less accurate

ToeyJoey

The Count
Fog definitely reduces accuracy, but I digress...

What's a good Sigilyph moveset?

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Hence the title "experimental," and man, cool your nuts, its just in game

ryanthehuman

@Ashrynn
I'll probably keep Rest on Roserade, so I can abuse it with Natural Cure. If it isn't as useful as I expect it to be then I'll definitely switch to Shadow Ball though. I never thought of Calm Mind on Claydol, that seems like a much better option than Stealth Rock! Thanks so much for the suggestions, they were really helpful!

@Shine
So is Foul Play's power reduced if the opponent has a lower attack? I wasn't aware of that, if that's the case then Crunch seems much more appealing! Thanks a bunch.

andresballer03

I'm going to have magic bounce Espeon, Lucario, Scyther, Crobat, Breloom, but I can't think of asixth member. What do you guys recomend?

if your going with lucario, you dont really need breloom, since leaf isnt really all that useful in black and white 2. if youre willing to take him out, i think you'll have a much more balanced team. i would add an arcanine and replace breloom with a lapras, since you really need a dragon killer. keep in mind that lapras does have a 5 percent chance of appearing and only in the special water spots, so you could also go with your starter, samurott. if samurott is just not an option, my suggestion is maybe pick up a weavile in the giant chasm, since dark and ice are two great and very useful types in this game.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I got to the conclusion that I will teach my Jellicent Ice Beam, instead of replacing it with an entirely different Pokemon.

Ashrynn

My Experimental Team:

134.gif
135.gif
136.gif
196.gif
197.gif
448.gif

I love anyone who uses a full Eeveelution team.

Post game would you consider Leafeon over Lucario? Gives you a full set and a resistance to Earthquake.

Also Flareon could go with a Physical Guts set or a Mixed Scarf set like Mild Nature - Lava Plume(Flamethrower), Shadow Ball, Super Power, Filler(Hyper Voice, Baton Pass, Will-o-Wisp, etc.)

Fog definitely reduces accuracy, but I digress...

What's a good Sigilyph moveset?

You could use the Smogon set, but for in-game I don't know how much you'd like it. A better set for in-game, while still being competitive, would be the CM.

Calm Mind
Psychic
Air Slash
Roost

~

I'm planning on posting a team for Black 2 Challenge Mode run >.<

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hey I brought this up when you first brought this up back in the Discovery thread back when the Japanese worlds teams were posted

Must have missed it.

Calm Mind
Psychic
Air Slash
Roost

Energy Ball instead of Roost, IMO. Sigilyph can't really take hits. It can take special hits, but only after using Calm Mind.

@Shine
So is Foul Play's power reduced if the opponent has a lower attack? I wasn't aware of that, if that's the case then Crunch seems much more appealing! Thanks a bunch.

Yep, its power is reduced if the opponent has lower Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.