• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shraeder

It's Lit
Ok. It's abit wierd that they looked at the banner and not your actual username. Shame about the banner.

I wasn't dissing your moveset, I'm just a person who likes diversity in types and method of attacking(atk/sp.atk) so thats my honest opinion on a better moveset. I understand everyone is different so I kept on saying that it was their opinion. Also I love it when a move is powerful and devastating (Hydro Pump+STAB) but I hate the missing. I'mm the type of person who would use Rock Slide in my moveset instead of Stone Edge. Also I know superpower is pretty bad( if the samurott didn't have x-scissor it wouldn't be too bad) but it was a powerful option. I guess I could of suggested Dig for electric counter but I guess thats what the STAB abusing krooodile is for.

Nah, I just misread his/her username.

Violent Red

I've made up my mind. I'm going to run a subseed whimsicott. For annoying purposes.

Have fun trying to annoy an AI - lol.

That said, I use a SubSeed Whim in my mono-grass team and she's pretty cool ^_^

But then, I also use a Quiver Dance Lillgant too - Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Giga Drain and Dream Eater. Two recovery moves to heal off any damage received whilst boosting = win :)

Gotta love grass types.

Blue Bisharp

Need More Silvally…
I got a team in mind for White 2, based around my favorite Pokemon.

Zoroark
Empoleon
DW Serperior
DW Blaziken
Golurk
Salamence

I'm starting to think I want to use a Poochyena on Black 2. What do you think?

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
So I can't decide which pokemon to used in BW2 teams, can I get any help?

So far planned:

In Black 2:

Samurrot (Starter)
Zoroark (Send has an egg)
Lucario ( Dream radar)
Arcanine (Dream world or normal)
Flyer maybe Swoobat
Here comes the trouble --->Grass Type (I already trained a Leavanny, Leafeon and Roserade) any suggestion?

In white 2:

Serperior (Stater)
Ninetales (Dream world)
Azumarill (Dream world)
Weavile (Dream world)
Mienshao
Another problem can't decided between Togekiss, Drifblim or Altaria! Any suggestion?

Blue Bisharp

Need More Silvally…
DW Snivy hasn't been released. And DW Torchic hasn't been released internationally.

I know. I got someone to hack the parents so I can breed them. Anyway, anything you think I should do?

So far planned:

In Black 2:

Samurrot (Starter)
Lucario ( Dream radar)
Flyer maybe Swoobat
Here comes the trouble --->Grass Type (I already trained a Leavanny, Leafeon and Roserade) any suggestion?

In white 2:

Serperior (Stater)
Ninetales (Dream world)
Azumarill (Dream world)
Weavile (Dream world)
Mienshao
Another problem can't decided between Togekiss, Drifblim or Altaria! Any suggestion?

Black 2 Suggestions
Samorott should learn Megahorn. Really good Bug-Type move, plus, it fits Samorott to a T.
Zoroark should be first with U-Turn. If Zoroark is at a disdvangage, then you can use U-Turn.
Lucario should have Aura Sphere, so you can deal with edvasive Pokemon.
Keep it as a Growlithe until it learns Flare Blitz. If you want to teach it special moves, Fire Blast will scorch your foes.
Hmm... Is Flygon in Unova?
Roserade is like, the best Grass-Type ever. I've used it, and it really helped me in many tough battles.

White 2 Suggestions
Giga Drain and Leaf Storm are good moves.
Hmm... To be honest, I don't really know. Shadow Ball I guess?
Hydro Pump is a really great move for this type of Pokemon.
Ice Punch?
U-Turn is really good, especially if it's ability is Regenorator.
I would say Togekiss or Drifblim. Togekiss can abuse it's Sereane Grace ability with Air Slash, plus it's really cute. Drifblim can be your Flyer plus you can use the Acrobatic + Flying Gem combo.

Yeah... Pretty basic suggestions. I've been reading alot of Pokemon Guides latly. And those give only basic suggestions...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hmm... Is Flygon in Unova?

Yes, in fact many people are planning to use it.

Giga Drain and Leaf Storm are good moves.

Not if the Serperior is meant to be Physical.

Hydro Pump is a really great move for this type of Pokemon.

....if it has Thick Fat or Sap Sipper. It's a whole different story if it has Huge Power, Azumarill is meant to go pure physical with its Huge Power ability.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac

So far planned:

In Black 2:

Samurrot (Starter)
Lucario ( Dream radar)
Flyer maybe Swoobat

In white 2:

Serperior (Stater)
Ninetales (Dream world)
Azumarill (Dream world)
Weavile (Dream world)
Mienshao

I think you should use make of version exclusive Braviary in White 2 and use Togekiss in Black 2.As for the Grass type,I think you can try Tangrowth.Even though it is available only after the sixth gym,It has many things going for it including great HP,Defense,Attack and Special Attack.You can run either Physical,Special or Mixed set.It has really good grass moves like Power Whip and Seed Bomb or on a special set Giga Drain.It can also get Leaf Storm but that requires breeding.Lastly,it has got access to good coverage moves like Earthquake,Rock Slide,Poison Jab etc.Or of you want other grass type,Quiver Dance Lilligant is also a good Pokemon.

chess-z

campy vampire
Ok, I looked at the pokedex and it made me reconsider.
Do I want an unmovable wall of fluff, or a quiver dancer with petal dance?
Now I'm back where I started. Help please?

Current (planned) team,:571: :609: :500: :593:
These two are competing :547: :549:

Rokroad

Hot Drops
Planned Team

Emboar
Lucario
Floatzel
Excadrill
Golurk
Arcanine

I enjoyed the use of most of the Pokémon in others games, and I haven't used a Golurk yet.

Crystalunik

These two are competing :547: :549:

Id choose Whimsicott, not only does it have priority taunt, but its also nice to have an annoyer. Besides, Your Chandelure alraedy makes up for a quality special attacker. Whimsicott's speed is also good for your team.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
White 2:
Serperior
Golduck
Krookodile
Crobat
Ampharos
Magmortar

chess-z

campy vampire
Id choose Whimsicott, not only does it have priority taunt, but its also nice to have an annoyer. Besides, Your Chandelure alraedy makes up for a quality special attacker. Whimsicott's speed is also good for your team.
Ok, thanks!

Any suggestions for the last spot?

andresballer03

Planned Team

Emboar
Lucario
Floatzel
Excadrill
Golurk
Arcanine

I enjoyed the use of most of the Pokémon in others games, and I haven't used a Golurk yet.
i dont think you should have excadrill and golurk, since having two ground types isnt exactly giving you more coverage. instead, take out excadrill and keep golurk. who adds a ghost typing to your team. that gives you a sixth slot, my suggestion would be weavile or a dragon type.

Ashrynn

I'm trying to figure out something on my White 2 Team...

Since Cobalion isn't available until later I was thinking of using another pokemon for in-game and just swapping Cobalion in occasionally for competitive matches.

The choices are my two favorite heavy hitters:

409.gif
@ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
~ Rock Polish / Iron Head
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch

Rampardos is the ultimate Dino. He's a true terror with an insane attack stat. I never used it in 4th Gen, but I really think I can have a lot of fun using it on my team.

Since he's pretty slow I figure Rock Polish might still be useful in-game. If not I'll move-tutor Iron Head onto it.

or...

306.gif
@ Life Orb
~ Automize
~ Head Smash
~ Earthquake
~ Aqua Tail

Aggron doesn't touch the insane attack stat of Rampardos, but it has Rock Head meaning using Head Smash in-game isn't as troublesome. Plus he can take a hit.

So which one do you all think is cooler?

Hm... I'm going to be running a Haxorus on my W2 team, and since I recently learned that Superpower and Earthquake have redundant coverage, and as I was planning on my Haxorus learning them both, should I remove Superpower for Night Slash or X-Scissor? Which gets better coverage?

Violent Red

I'm trying to figure out something on my White 2 Team...

Since Cobalion isn't available until later I was thinking of using another pokemon for in-game and just swapping Cobalion in occasionally for competitive matches.

The choices are my two favorite heavy hitters:

409.gif
@ Life Orb
~ Rock Polish / Iron Head
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch

Rampardos is the ultimate Dino. He's a true terror with an insane attack stat. I never used it in 4th Gen, but I really think I can have a lot of fun using it on my team.

Since he's pretty slow I figure Rock Polish might still be useful in-game. If not I'll move-tutor Iron Head onto it.

or...

306.gif
@ Life Orb
~ Automize
~ Head Smash
~ Earthquake
~ Aqua Tail

Aggron doesn't touch the insane attack stat of Rampardos, but it has Rock Head meaning using Head Smash in-game isn't as troublesome. Plus he can take a hit.

So which one do you all think is cooler?

Hey Ashrynn, how's it going? Two more cool Pokemon, each with their own merits.

Rampardos is a cooler Pokemon than Aggron, in my opinion. A bad *** dino, is hard to compete with in terms of coolness.

And that attack stat...

But it's important not to be blinded by his Attack stat, because his Defenses and Speed are disgusting, lol. For this reason, I'd use Rock Slide over Stone Edge. If you intend to boost his Speed, you're already going to take a hit which will most likely hit it for over 50% health. Of course, afterwards you'll be able to OHKO everything...if you don't miss. Rampardos can't really afford to use low accuracy moves which such low Speed, Defences and the fact you want to spend a turn boosting him too. I'd recommend Jolly nature too. His Attack is already high enough. For this reason, Life Orb is a bit risky. A turn boosting/a turn missing plus recoil whenever you do hit. He's such a glass cannon, I'm just not sure it's the right item for him. You know you could probably just stick a Scarf on him in-game (seeing as you won't be using him for Wi-Fi) - it'll probably OHKO everything in game even if it's locked into a not very effective move.

Whilst not as cool, Aggron is probably the better overall Pokemon between the two. Very slow, just like Rampardos, but a disgustingly huge 180 base Defence stat and Steel typing means he'll be able to boost his Speed a hell of a lot easier. Plus 110 base Attack is still massive especially for in-game, and the Head Smash/Rock Head combo is nastier than my sister. Plus, I often like using Pokemon with three evolution stages in-game (although my current B2 team hardly has any lol)

So there you have it, Aggron is probably the better Pokemon when you compare the two, but my advice to you has nothing to do with what I just spent the last 5 mins writing:

My advice to you, is to just choose which one you think looks better - they both work fine in-game.

EDIT: I know I double posted but felt my post was worth a post of its own, not an edit of a previous post. Sorry!

EDIT 2: Sandslash is out too.

Made some slight modifications to my B2 team.

Well basically, I liked the team before but I felt it had too many Pokemon that didn't evolve in it, which made me uncomfortable. Call me crazy but I like training my Pokemon from small cute lil' things into badass warriors xD

So here is how my team now stands:

131.gif
135.gif
497.gif
000.gif
334.gif
308f.gif
078.gif

Basically I removed Zangoose, Volcarona, and Cobalion and replaced them with Altaria, Medicham and Rapidash.

I was too busy to write movesets before but I'll write them now for anybody that's interested. I don't really use Hold Items whilst in-game, usually just hold a Lucky Egg.

Serperior (F)
Adamant
Leaf Blade
Return
Aqua Tail
Outrage

My beloved starter. Might remove Outrage for a HM. Not a big deal. Love her <3

Altaria (M)
Modest/Timid
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Fly

Chose special Altaria over physical even though physical gets Dragon Dance. I don't really care for boosting moves in-game and I welcome the extra challenge of using special Altaria. Also I prefer his coverage with Ice Beam and Flamethrower. Obviously he's also my flyer. Also, he's CUTE AND AWESOME. I don't think I have ever used Altaria before, I'm really excited to use him this time around.

Jolteon (M)
Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Filler

Good ol' Jolteon. It's been a long time since I used him in game :)

Medicham (M)
Adamant
- Drain Punch/High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch/ Fire Punch / Bullet Punch

Two words: Pure Power.

Lapras (F)
Timid/Modest
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Waterfall/Psychic

Never used Lapras during a story before but probably my fave water type Pokemon. :) I think she suits the team nicely.

Rapidash (F)
- Flame Wheel/Flare Blitz hate recoil moves)
- Wild Charge =/
- Megahorn
- Drill Run / Bounce

Will trade over right from the beginning. I love her move set!!

These are by no means the best ever move sets, but easily competent enough for in-game. So don't need anybody to post competitive move sets or anything :)
I am really liking the team!

Let me know what you guys think :)

EDIT 3:

On an unrelated note, here's another theme team somebody might like to try :')

523.gif
586.gif
640.gif
078.gif
234.gif

Some people also turn it into a 'hooved' theme team. There are TONS of hooved Pokemon if you look for em!

Miror B...

Orre Champion
Right. So far I'm thinking:

:571: Zoroark
;038; Ninetales
;330; Flygon
:604: Eelektross
:593: Jellicent
;376; Metagross

That's as far as I've got. Anyone got some tips/advice for my team?

VARaphael

In Game Team White 2

This is the team I was thinking of using for Pokemon White 2... Note I am going to be using unique items on each pokemon.

500.gif
@Charcoal
Nature: Any Neutral
- Flamethrower
- Flame Charge
- Thunder Punch (Tutor, Requires 6 Red Shards)
- Brick Break (TM)

Starter Pokemon, I usually always use a neutral nature starter with some kind of mixed moveset. Flamethrower is the main form of STAB here. Normally I would not use 2 moves of the same type, but Flame Charge serves the purpose of increasing Emboar's mediocre speed as well as potentially raising the speed of my next pokemon...

301.gif
@Leftovers
Nature: Any Neutral Ability: Cute Charm
- Calm Mind (TM)
- Hyper Voice (Tutor, Requires 6 Blue Shards)
- Shadow Ball (TM)
- Assist

This is a pokemon purely for me to try in game and something a little different and maybe fun. Calm Mind is there to boost its attacking capability. Because of that, I decided to go with Hyper Voice as it's main STAB move. Assist will have a good number of interesting moves to choose from which should be amusing if nothing else.

336.gif
@Black Sludge
Nature: Adamant
- Coil
- Poison Fang/Poison Jab
- Night Slash/Crunch
- Aqua Tail (Tutor, Requires 8 Blue Shards)

Seviper is a very fun pokemon and something different to use. This setup is a pseudo Serperior setup using Coil + Aqua Tail. Still trying to decide between Poison Fang for Toxic chances or Poison Jab for more power and regular poison chances. Similarly I am also trying to decide between the Critical Hit chances of Night Slash or the potential defense drop provided by Crunch. All in all, Seviper is a solid choice.

628.gif
@Wide Lens
Nature: Adamant Ability: Defiant (In Game Route 4 Mondays)
- Fly (HM)
- Crush Claw
- Shadow Claw (TM)
- Roost (Tutor, Requires 6 Yellow Shards)

Braviary is a pokemon I have wanted to try out, but never got to it in pokemon White. A new ability (Defiant) and a new move (Roost) only made me want to use it MORE. Wide lens is the item to negate the accuracy problems of Fly and Crush Claw, which always (for me at least) seem to miss at the WORST times. Plus it never hurts to have a flyer on your team so... Braviary it is.

224.gif
@Scope Lens
Nature: Modest Ability: Sniper
- Surf (HM)/Scald (TM)/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball (TM)
- Flamethrower (TM)/Fire Blast (TM)

I just love Octillery, it's one of my all time favorites. At 5% (for both Remoraid and Octillery) it's going to be a pain to find, but well worth it for me at least. I gave a thought to a mixed set using Seed Bomb and Rock Blast, but I think this setup works well enough for me, with little headache.

337.gif
@TwistedSpoon
Nature: Modest
- Cosmic Power
- Psychic
- Ice Beam (TM)
- Earth Power (Tutor, Requires 8 Blue Shards)

Lunatone is a great pokemon, under rated for in game play. Earth Power and Ice Beam have great coverage together... Psychic is a great STAB move and Cosmic Power is to boost defense. May consider Rock Polish instead of Cosmic Power.

Honestly this in game team is actually built around Delcatty and it using Assist to pick any number of interesting moves. I just hope this in game team is a bit different from the majority of the in game things I have seen. Hope you all find it interesting at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.