• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

andresballer03

Right. So far I'm thinking:

:571: Zoroark
;038; Ninetales
;330; Flygon
:604: Eelektross
:593: Jellicent
;376; Metagross

That's as far as I've got. Anyone got some tips/advice for my team?
fantastic team, the only issue i see with it is that you wont have a team member till the third gym. thats a lot of exp gone to waste. maybe you can use arcanine instead of ninetales, you'll have a team member before the second gm. also metagross is really far down the road, so be prepared to go for a while without team members.

Reddyll

Its entirely your choice since it's your team. But i just like Rampardos, more Pokemon players will side over to Aggron but he's too mainstream. Also, like you said Rampardos's attack state are insane, which will be fun to use in-game.

This is the team I was thinking of using for Pokemon White 2... Note I am going to be using unique items on each pokemon.

500.gif
@Charcoal
Nature: Any Neutral
- Flamethrower
- Flame Charge
- Thunder Punch (Tutor, Requires 6 Red Shards)
- Brick Break (TM)

Starter Pokemon, I usually always use a neutral nature starter with some kind of mixed moveset. Flamethrower is the main form of STAB here. Normally I would not use 2 moves of the same type, but Flame Charge serves the purpose of increasing Emboar's mediocre speed as well as potentially raising the speed of my next pokemon...

301.gif
@Leftovers
Nature: Any Neutral Ability: Cute Charm
- Calm Mind (TM)
- Hyper Voice (Tutor, Requires 6 Blue Shards)
- Shadow Ball (TM)
- Assist

This is a pokemon purely for me to try in game and something a little different and maybe fun. Calm Mind is there to boost its attacking capability. Because of that, I decided to go with Hyper Voice as it's main STAB move. Assist will have a good number of interesting moves to choose from which should be amusing if nothing else.

336.gif
@Black Sludge
Nature: Adamant
- Coil
- Poison Fang/Poison Jab
- Night Slash/Crunch
- Aqua Tail (Tutor, Requires 8 Blue Shards)

Seviper is a very fun pokemon and something different to use. This setup is a pseudo Serperior setup using Coil + Aqua Tail. Still trying to decide between Poison Fang for Toxic chances or Poison Jab for more power and regular poison chances. Similarly I am also trying to decide between the Critical Hit chances of Night Slash or the potential defense drop provided by Crunch. All in all, Seviper is a solid choice.

628.gif
@Wide Lens
Nature: Adamant Ability: Defiant (In Game Route 4 Mondays)
- Fly (HM)
- Crush Claw
- Shadow Claw (TM)
- Roost (Tutor, Requires 6 Yellow Shards)

Braviary is a pokemon I have wanted to try out, but never got to it in pokemon White. A new ability (Defiant) and a new move (Roost) only made me want to use it MORE. Wide lens is the item to negate the accuracy problems of Fly and Crush Claw, which always (for me at least) seem to miss at the WORST times. Plus it never hurts to have a flyer on your team so... Braviary it is.

224.gif
@Scope Lens
Nature: Modest Ability: Sniper
- Surf (HM)/Scald (TM)/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball (TM)
- Flamethrower (TM)/Fire Blast (TM)

I just love Octillery, it's one of my all time favorites. At 5% (for both Remoraid and Octillery) it's going to be a pain to find, but well worth it for me at least. I gave a thought to a mixed set using Seed Bomb and Rock Blast, but I think this setup works well enough for me, with little headache.

337.gif
@TwistedSpoon
Nature: Modest
- Cosmic Power
- Psychic
- Ice Beam (TM)
- Earth Power (Tutor, Requires 8 Blue Shards)

Lunatone is a great pokemon, under rated for in game play. Earth Power and Ice Beam have great coverage together... Psychic is a great STAB move and Cosmic Power is to boost defense. May consider Rock Polish instead of Cosmic Power.

Honestly this in game team is actually built around Delcatty and it using Assist to pick any number of interesting moves. I just hope this in game team is a bit different from the majority of the in game things I have seen. Hope you all find it interesting at least.

Thats actually a really cool underdog team. Looks like a lot of time was took to make it. Anyways, its actually a nice team and i love your Seviper.

rokakiss

The young legend~
My future team for white 2 is:

Samurott
Escavalier
Lucario
Haxorus
Darmanitan
Excadrill
and have Togekiss switched around with my six pokemon
Anyone have any tips/advice for me?

Last edited:

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Serperior
Starmie/Golduck
Magnezone
Lucario
Altaria
Delcatty

Considering Golduck now, mainly because it's available a lot earlier than Starmie. Where is Swablu available?

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Ok, I've never really tried to make a team I really want before and actually see it through, but that's what I'm planning to do with Black 2 now that I'm kind of starting Pokemon now. So here's the team I want to have eventually:

-Arcanine [Fire]
-Umbreon [Dark]
-Carracosta [Water/Rock]
-Heracross [Bug/Fighting]
-Aggron [Steel/Rock]
-Haxorus [Dragon]

I'd like a pokemon in my team that can use Fly though, so some possible replacements would be a couple others that I like (which all happen to be able to use Fly):

-Hydreigon [Dark/Dragon]
-Altaria [Dragon/Flying]
-Skarmory [Steel/Flying]

And if you couldn't tell by the way I listed them, I'm curious about how this team looks mainly based on typing right now. I'm not necessarily trying to make the best team I can, I'm just using pokemon I like (which there aren't that many I really like). That being said, I'm not so much looking to have anyone suggest switching out any of them - I'd just like to know how it looks for now.

As for putting a Flying pokemon in my team, I definitely want Arcanine, Umbreon, and Carracosta on my team. So Heracross, Aggron, or Haxorus would probably be one of the ones to leave.

I haven't gotten to movesets yet, since I wanted to have a better idea of what my team will end up being, but as far as typing goes, how bad/ok does it look?

Gantz

Boss
Serperior
Starmie/Golduck
Magnezone
Lucario
Altaria
Delcatty

Considering Golduck now, mainly because it's available a lot earlier than Starmie. Where is Swablu available?

Swablu is located at route 14 and the abundant shrine

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hm... I'm going to be running a Haxorus on my W2 team, and since I recently learned that Superpower and Earthquake have redundant coverage, and as I was planning on my Haxorus learning them both, should I remove Superpower for Night Slash or X-Scissor? Which gets better coverage?

Haxorus
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Dragon Claw
~Dragon Dance

That's coverage for Haxorus.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Ok, I've never really tried to make a team I really want before and actually see it through, but that's what I'm planning to do with Black 2 now that I'm kind of starting Pokemon now. So here's the team I want to have eventually:

-Arcanine [Fire]
-Umbreon [Dark]
-Carracosta [Water/Rock]
-Heracross [Bug/Fighting]
-Aggron [Steel/Rock]
-Haxorus [Dragon]

I'd like a pokemon in my team that can use Fly though, so some possible replacements would be a couple others that I like (which all happen to be able to use Fly):

-Hydreigon [Dark/Dragon]
-Altaria [Dragon/Flying]
-Skarmory [Steel/Flying]

Hey. I am wanting to do the same thing (play the main story with some of my favorite Pokemon); although, I have A LOT of favorites to choose from :)

I like your team. They are all on my favorites list, even the three flyers :) If I were you I would pick Hydreigon or Skarmory.

chess-z

campy vampire
Team planned so far,
:500: :609: :547: :593: :571:

These two are competeing: :528: 426.jpg

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Hey. I am wanting to do the same thing (play the main story with some of my favorite Pokemon); although, I have A LOT of favorites to choose from :)

I like your team. They are all on my favorites list, even the three flyers :) If I were you I would pick Hydreigon or Skarmory.

Thanks! I'd probably pick Hydreigon over Skarmory, idk. I guess the good thing about not having many favorites is that it's easier to decide who goes on my team :) Good luck with yours!

Violent Red

Team planned so far,

These two are competeing: :528: View attachment 5866

If you choose Driflblim you'd have like three ghosts. Does that appeal to you? I'd choose Swoobat. Honestly, I can't stand either of them but Swoobat is the lesser of two evils ;)

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
Team planned so far,

These two are competeing: :528: View attachment 5866

Having Drifblim will cause three pokemon ghost types and Swoobats no better, effectively giving you massive problems against ghost and dark(if zoroark is down for the count). If you really want a psychic/flying available in Unova, Sigilyph would be more better and diverse. Considering Swoobats only really good in speed and you chose Whimsicott to be speedy, Swoobat wouldn't be that useful. Sorry but maybe pokemon with more coverage and a flyer could be pokemon like Skarmory(which resists Dragon and Flying moves , something that your others don't), Flygon, Braviary/Mandibuzz(don't worry Mandibuzz doesn't have the weaknesses of dark types) and other non-psychic/ghost flying pokémon. Hope this helps and remember you can ignore this if you want...its just advice.

andresballer03

agreeing with the post above, id go with a skarmory, itll give you a Ton of coverage on types that ur pokemon are weak to. listen to flygonmaster54, hes giving sound advice.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
My teams updated and in my signature
Haxorus
Rampardos
Krookodile
Charizard
Haunter
Zoroark.

Last edited:

chess-z

campy vampire
Having Drifblim will cause three pokemon ghost types and Swoobats no better, effectively giving you massive problems against ghost and dark(if zoroark is down for the count). If you really want a psychic/flying available in Unova, Sigilyph would be more better and diverse. Considering Swoobats only really good in speed and you chose Whimsicott to be speedy, Swoobat wouldn't be that useful. Sorry but maybe pokemon with more coverage and a flyer could be pokemon like Skarmory(which resists Dragon and Flying moves , something that your others don't), Flygon, Braviary/Mandibuzz(don't worry Mandibuzz doesn't have the weaknesses of dark types) and other non-psychic/ghost flying pokémon. Hope this helps and remember you can ignore this if you want...its just advice.

Ok, sound advice.
Hmm...
Scarmory would be a good choice.
Yeah, I see reason.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm almost decided on my 6th team member for white 2. I'm thinking of using weezing since I've never used one. I'm just not sure because I don't like using ugly pokemon and in my opinion weezing is pretty um... yuck >.>

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Weezing is a LEGIT Poke, Hes one of my favorite walls with this moveset Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Stockpile, Clear Smog.

I finally decided on my team for black 2, its in my signature but ill list them anyway,
Haxorus, Rampardos, Krookodile, Haunter, Zoroark, Charizard... It's Sort of a color theme, colors of course being black and red.

Still working on Nicknames and Movesets

Found out Rampardos learns surf. Perfect.

Last edited:

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Weezing is a LEGIT Poke, Hes one of my favorite walls with this moveset Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Stockpile, Clear Smog.

I finally decided on my team for black 2, its in my signature but ill list them anyway,
Haxorus, Rampardos, Krookodile, Haunter, Zoroark, Charizard... It's Sort of a color theme, colors of course being black and red.

Still working on Nicknames and Movesets

Just realized i will be needing a poke with surf not sure if any of mine will be able to learn it, but might have to make an hm slave.

Rampardos can learn Surf.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Alright, so this is what I have so far. Houndour and Chimchar will be brought over as eggs from White.
503.gif

Nature: Any non-neutral nature
- Waterfall/Surf
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
Not much to say here. As well as being my Water type, Samurott will also function as my Ice and Bug user.

330.gif

- Hone Claws
- Earthquake
- Dracon Claw
- ???
I've never used a Dragon type for an ingame team before, so this should be interesting.

392.gif

Nature: Preferably a nature that favours Physical Attack.
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- ???
Infernape shall be my Fighting and Physical Fire type.

229.gif

Nature: Preferably a nature that favours Special Attack.
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- ???
- ???
Houndoom shall be my Dark and Special Fire type.

462.gif

- ???
- ???
- ???
- ???
Any suggestions for Magnezone's moveset?

So, any suggestions for my sixth? I've been thinking about using something like Gothitelle or Gengar.
I'm not too sure about Houndoom and Infernape, should I replace them or...?

Last edited:

Aurath8

I've decided to change my team up a bit. I was excited to hear you catch Azurill early as I'd wanted to use Azumarill for a while now. Unfortunately, I wanted Aqua Jet on it, realised that I needed to breed an Azurill from White and that it being available early was a moot point. I also realised I needed a bulky pokemon to balance out the team more. So, I chose Jellicent.
Since it gets Surf, that means I no longer needed Nidoking to provide Surf and was free to pursue any Electric type. Eventually I chose Magnezone over Electivire for it's massive Defence and buttload of resistances.

It does come with some consequences, it leaves me with 2 ghosts and 2 Steels on the team. Thankfully, all their weaknesses are accouted for. Dark and Ghost types will only scratch Lucario and Magnezone, Fire and Fighting types are handled by Jellicent and Ground types by Serperior.

So my team will be:

:497: Serperior
;448; Lucario
;426; Drifblim
:555: Darmanitan
;462; Magnezone
:593: Jellicent

@Pyrax

Magnezone
Modest
Sturdy
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Signal Beam
-Thunder Wave

T-bolt and Flash Cannon are STAB, Signal Beam is pretty much your only coverage move and T-Wave because Magnezone is pretty slow.

Stone Edge in Flygon's last slot.

Mach Punch in Infernape's last slot.

I'd replace Houndoom, you don't need 2 Fire types. How about Sawsbuck?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.