• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

andresballer03

good team, but not having your flier on it is going to be annoying (at elast for me it is.) maybe crobat instead of muk?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Umbreon: ;197;
-Dark Pulse
-Psychic
- Moonlight
-Shadow ball

Toxic/Hidden Power [anything not Dark/Ghost/Psychic/Steel/Poison] over Shadow Ball. Dark & Ghost shares similar coverage, so you don't need to have both DP and SB.

Muk: ;089;
-Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
-Pay Back
- Rockslide
(he didn't want explosion because he is using this team in-game)

Just want to say this : Explosion is bad in 5th Gen anyway, no one is using that move anymore.

Metagross: ;376;
-EQ
-Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
-Zen Headbutt

Ice Punch over Hammer Arm, for coverage. Fight & Ground shares the same coverage, and it already has EQ which is much better, Hammer Arm is not needed there.

Comments in bold :)

Sorry but how would a special based team member help me? and dont i get the coverage already from not using a ground, fighting or steel type with the pokemon i have on my team already??

this is based on my team in an earlier post of
charizard
crobat
gallade
beartic
kingdra

for those who may not of seen my earlier post n wondering what im going on about

Last edited:

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
Anyone know of any good speedy special sweepers available ingame, currently lacking one in my team

Mork

Pokémon Breeder
Trying to get better in teambuilding, but always get stuck at what I want.
Don't know if I can ask here, but is there a thread at which they guide you in building a good solid team?

(breeding I can, battling ... not so much)

Draco.

Dragon Master.
im acctually, not wanna tell anything "special" about my team but:

- Scizor
- Flareon
- Sharpedo
- Froslass
- Mienshao
- Garchomp

:3

Violent Red

Just a few changes to my team, because I decided for my first run through that I only wanted to catch Pokemon from the Nat Dex along the journey:

131.gif
135.gif
497.gif
000.gif
334.gif
028.gif
467.gif

I am pretty happy with the team although as ever it is still subject to change, but for the minute, I am appeased.

I might trade Lapras and Swablu over earlier in the journey but I figure because they are catchable in the game it's not cheating that much. I just like to have a full team as soon as possible.

I think the team looks good together too.

If any other you have any suggestions that you think would make my team better/look cooler, let me know x

Phoenix6000

An Alternate Reality
+Team Black 2+
Note: All natures are preferred, but I'll settle for neutral.

;135; Jolteon
Nature: Timid
- Discharge / Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Thunder Wave

An Eeveelution has been standard on my main team since Platinum (excluding Black though). I try to vary which one to use and also look at which type I'll need for coverage. Considering that I've already used Magnezone and Galvantula in previous titles, Jolteon seemed appropriate. Extremely fast and hits hard from the special side. Aside from Shadow Ball, Jolteon's moveset will be the same as Galvantula's from Black 1.

:630: Mandibuzz
Ability: Big Pecks
Nature: Calm/Sassy
- Pluck (until Fly)
- Roost
- Faint Attack (until Dark Pulse)
- Heat Wave / Iron Defense / Toxic / U-Turn / Rock Smash / Fake Tears

Replaces Tranquil as the resident flyer. Until I looked over a few posts on here I completely forgot that breeding is now post-E4. But unless I'm missing something, the DW Mandibuzz is catchable before Nimbasa. Therefore I don't see any harm in trading and breeding it for a standard Vullaby, as Weak Armor is terrible on such a defensive-oriented poke. Roost is an egg move, but with early access to Pidove I don't see it as much of a cheat.

:589: Escavalier
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Adamant/Brave/Careful/Relaxed
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense / Swords Dance
- False Swipe / Aerial Ace / Poison Jab / Rock Smash / Cut

A potential powerhouse that I completely overlooked during my initial selection in Black 1. Escavalier continued to go unnoticed until I watched the episode where Bianca traded for one, where he sparked my interest. His stats are phenomenal for in-game use and after using Curse Ferrothorn during Black 1, I've come to appreciate what the trade-off of speed --> atk/def can offer.

;254; Sceptile
Nature: Adamant
- Aerial Ace / Acrobatics
- Leaf Blade
- Night Slash / Screech / Earthquake / Rock Slide / Rock Smash / Cut / Strength
- Night Slash / Screech / Earthquake / Rock Slide / Rock Smash / Cut / Strength

It was a tough choice between him, Exeggcute and Shroomish, but ultimately I opted for Sceptile's speed. The physical variant has great coverage and can hit whatever resists my other sweepers.

;126; Magmar
Nature: Jolly
- Dual Chop
- Fire Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Leer / Toxic / Flame Charge / Rock Smash / Strength

Despite being a loyal fire-starter for each of my main games, the Tepig line turned me off in Black 1 and was quickly boxed before he could evolve. As such I was forced to go without a fire type. That changes this time thanks to Magby's early availability. I've always liked Magmar but never had a chance to use him until now. Solid stats and a diverse moveset.

;423-e; Gastrodon
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Modest
- Surf
- Sludge
- Body Slam / Ice Beam / Recover
- Earth Power

Making a return from Pearl, Gastrodon finishes out the list as the team's surfer. I probably won't transfer the egg until I reach Castelia sewers, which is fitting as I've opted for the Sludge egg move. Thanks to tutors, Earth Power is finally usable and Body Slam is decent until Recover is available. Along with Magmar, Gastrodon will likely be one of my more used pokes during the early game.

Last edited:

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
so guys, I'm gonna challenge myself, I'm gonna do a complectly envouled team all the way: snivy, piplup, vulpix, pikachu, latias/keledo and eevee

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
The lack of breeding will make this game very difficult for me due to the fact I will only use well natured Pokemon and EV train as the game progresses...
Overall I find the Pokemon options to be great but availability is lacking... for my overall strategy I will Play black with a team made up of Pokemon that I like found on the regional dex that have got good natures (IV's do not matter for in game teams but I do plan to EV train as soon as possible)
Black options (note this is ideas for my PRIMARY team usually rotate others in at times)

1) Special surf user( Starmie, Hydriegon, Vaporeon, Walrien,)most likely will use starmie as I never really trained one before...(yes really... I've used many water types such as Garydos , golduck, whalelord, walrien, ludicolo, peliper, poliwrath, tentecruel, cloyster..., suicune, palkia... okay i admit I never got around to it.... and Misty's always was so annoying... -_- )
2) physical fly user preferably with stab... (Crobat <3)
3)Offensive coverage(Arcanine(intimidate for traveling in the grass), Flygon<3, Metagross,Heracross)
4)Pokemon catcher [needs to have access to primary status and be a strong fighter(Jolteon, Galvantula, Roserade,)
5)Boosting sweeper(Volcarona, Haxorus, Aggron, Terakion, Lucario, Scolipede, Gliscor)
6)wall(Skarmory, Ferrothorn)
*other Pokemon to train if I get them/ they turn out well ect.* Zorark, Espeon, Azumarill, Steelix, Altaria, Chandelure, Miensho, Gliscor, Drapion, Weezing, Cincino(w/ DW ability only), Magmortar,

Note: a dragon type or two WILL be trained and used as they are my favorite type. Other Pokemon were eliminated by lack of access to daycare, intended use on potential or existing themed team, or sad lack of access at all until post E4... poor Tyranitar :( Scrafty(daycare) etc...

White will be a themed team that will play on challenge mode all game to be decided later (this team doesn't hold restrictions based on availability, I will breed them and send them over)note to be discussed yet this play through will be delayed until after black is completed for challenge mode access(will start game for events though)

If this can be narrowed down that would be most appreciative. I don't plan on using a starter, but I will be picking Snivy if you want to know...
If I can narrow it down to 10 I might make a move set later...

Last edited:

Violent Red

The lack of breeding will make this game very difficult for me due to the fact I will only use well natured Pokemon and EV train as the game progresses...
Overall I find the Pokemon options to be great but availability is lacking... for my overall strategy I will Play black with a team made up of Pokemon that I like found on the regional dex that have got good natures (IV's do not matter for in game teams but I do plan to EV train as soon as possible)
Black options (note this is ideas for my PRIMARY team usually rotate others in at times)

1) Special surf user( Starmie, Hydriegon, Vaporeon, Walrien,)most likely will use starmie as I never really trained one before...(yes really... I've used many water types such as Garydos , golduck, whalelord, walrien, ludicolo, peliper, poliwrath, tentecruel, cloyster..., suicune, palkia... okay i admit I never got around to it.... and Misty's always was so annoying... -_- )
2) physical fly user preferably with stab... (Crobat <3)
3)Offensive coverage(Arcanine(intimidate for traveling in the grass), Flygon<3, Metagross,Heracross)
4)Pokemon catcher [needs to have access to primary status and be a strong fighter(Jolteon, Galvantula, Roserade,)
5)Boosting sweeper(Volcarona, Haxorus, Aggron, Terakion, Lucario, Scolipede, Gliscor)
6)wall(Skarmory, Ferrothorn)
*other Pokemon to train if I get them/ they turn out well ect.* Zorark, Espeon, Azumarill, Steelix, Altaria, Chandelure, Miensho, Gliscor, Drapion, Weezing, Cincino(w/ DW ability only), Magmortar,

Note: a dragon type or two WILL be trained and used as they are my favorite type. Other Pokemon were eliminated by lack of access to daycare, intended use on potential or existing themed team, or sad lack of access at all until post E4... poor Tyranitar :( Scrafty(daycare) etc...

White will be a themed team that will play on challenge mode all game to be decided later (this team doesn't hold restrictions based on availability, I will breed them and send them over)note to be discussed yet this play through will be delayed until after black is completed for challenge mode access(will start game for events though)

If this can be narrowed down that would be most appreciative. I don't plan on using a starter, but I will be picking Snivy if you want to know...
If I can narrow it down to 10 I might make a move set later...

I shared your thoughts with regards to the day care centre, I also like EV trained teams in-game. If you are open to this, my suggestion is that you send over a bunch of Synchronize Ralts (or any other Synchronize user) with the natures you want: it will allow you to find wild Pokemon for your team with the correct natures, skipping the breeding process (since IVs are being skipped).

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I shared your thoughts with regards to the day care centre, I also like EV trained teams in-game. If you are open to this, my suggestion is that you send over a bunch of Synchronize Ralts (or any other Synchronize user) with the natures you want: it will allow you to find wild Pokemon for your team with the correct natures, skipping the breeding process (since IVs are being skipped).

Thanks sounds like a good idea, I will just have to finish my synchronize collection first.... missing several good natures ( modest comes to mind and my timid one could be tough to bring.... as it clearly would not obey me... [gen 4 alakazam])
and I will be sad if i get another neutral natured one... :( another note is where are the best places to EV train in this game as my usual attack training ground will not be available early on...(route 1)

Draco.

Dragon Master.
in my in game team, i was acctualy thinking to use, the first 6 pokemons i get xD
and then i might make a OU team for wifi,

battle171

New Gen, Go!
Future Team:
Oshawott - Samurott (nickname undecided): I really wanted to use this thing the first time around in BW, so yeah.
Mareep - Ampharos (to be nicknamed Mikuru, if female): Did really well in SS, plus a Haruhi-chan reference :)
Riolu - Lucario (to be nicknamed Rio): It's amazing after it evolves, even if it starts off bad.
Venipede - Scolipede (to be nicknamed Centi): Aside from Shedinja, I've never used bug types before, and I've never actually used poison types at all. Plus, centipede-horse!

Probably the remaining 2 shots will be either HM slaves/meat shields, or Pokemon that I just want to randomly add to my party. These 4 are going to be my core, though.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Samurott
Arcanine
Magnezone
Espeon
Flygon
Scrafty

All caught before Burgh :)

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
For White 2, I'm going to use the following team with the following movesets:

Spr_5b_500.png

Emboar
Blaze
Any nature not hindering attack
Moveset:
Hammer Arm/Brick Break
Earthquake
Wild Charge/Stone Edge
Flamethrower/Flame Charge/?

Spr_5b_553.png

Krookodile
Intimidate or Moxie (undecided)
Adamant Nature (hopefully... I'll settle for neutral natures on all of my Pokemon.)
Moveset:
Earthquake
Crunch
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Stone Edge

Spr_5b_471.png

Glaceon
Snow Cloak
Timid or Modest Nature
Moveset:
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Mirror Coat/Hail/Rest

Spr_5b_586S.png

Sawsbuck
Sap Sipper
Adamant or Jolly(or neutral)
Moveset:
Horn Leech
Return
Jump Kick
Wild Charge

Spr_5b_466.png

Electivire
Motor Drive
Adamant or Jolly (or neutral)
Moveset:
Wild Charge/Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Low Sweep/Brick Break
Earthquake

Spr_5b_581.png

Swanna
Keen Eye or Big Pecks
Modest or Timid (or neutral)
Moveset:
Surf
Air Slash
Ice Beam
Fly

Any suggestions? I'll be posting my future Black 2 team whenever I'm done planning it.

andresballer03

For White 2, I'm going to use the following team with the following movesets:

Spr_5b_500.png

Emboar
Blaze
Any nature not hindering attack
Moveset:
Hammer Arm/Brick Break
Earthquake
Wild Charge/Stone Edge
Flamethrower/Flame Charge/?

Spr_5b_553.png

Krookodile
Intimidate or Moxie (undecided)
Adamant Nature (hopefully... I'll settle for neutral natures on all of my Pokemon.)
Moveset:
Earthquake
Crunch
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Stone Edge

Spr_5b_471.png

Glaceon
Snow Cloak
Timid or Modest Nature
Moveset:
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Mirror Coat/Hail/Rest

Spr_5b_586S.png

Sawsbuck
Sap Sipper
Adamant or Jolly(or neutral)
Moveset:
Horn Leech
Return
Jump Kick
Wild Charge

Spr_5b_466.png

Electivire
Motor Drive
Adamant or Jolly (or neutral)
Moveset:
Wild Charge/Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Low Sweep/Brick Break
Earthquake

Spr_5b_581.png

Swanna
Keen Eye or Big Pecks
Modest or Timid (or neutral)
Moveset:
Surf
Air Slash
Ice Beam
Fly

Any suggestions? I'll be posting my future Black 2 team whenever I'm done planning it.
fantastic team, very balanced in a lot of aspects. you do have a x3 weakness to fighting, so be wary of something like that. tbh, id rather have espeon on this team then glaceon (itll help with the balance issues), but glaceon will prove to be a worthy teammate come the 7th gym and the elite 4. a word of advice, if you want a glaceon early, you should trade the eevee over to bw, evolve it there, then trade it back, otherwise youll be toting an eevee all the way to the aftergame.

Status
Not open for further replies.