• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saberu

I'm going to do a run of Black 2 based on an original character, and I'm going to base my team off of his favorite Pokemon:

Metagross
Serperior
Mienshao
Gardevoir (Perhaps this will be post-game)
Leafeon
Cinccino
Probably something that can surf or fly

I must think about that last one. I'll have a lot of weaknesses to cover. (Look at that gaping fire weakness! Bug! And two grass types!)

Last edited:

TheeMuffinMan

Muffin Trainer
Hello, This is my Black 2 team, but im wondering when do i get to transfer my pokemon from white to black 2? and what route/place? Thanks and if you can, see what is my teams weakness, and feel free to recommend me any moves or abilitys to my team

Raichu : Electric = ThunderBolt, ThunderShock, IronTail, SignalBeam. (Ability = Static)
Aggron : Steel, Rock = HeadSmash, DragonRush, IronHead, Strength. (Ability = Rock Head)
Poliwarth : Fighting, Water = Surf, MindReader, Dynamicpunch, Hypnosis. (Ability = WaterAbsorb)
Ninetails : Fire = HeatWave, Dig, SolarBeam, Hypnosis (Ability = FlashFire)
Glaceon : Ice = IceBeam, Hail, ShadowBall, Yawn. (Ability = IceBody)
Flygon : Dragon, ground = Outrage, FirePunch, Earthquake, Fly. (Ability = Levitate)

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Hello, This is my Black 2 team, but im wondering when do i get to transfer my pokemon from white to black 2? and what route/place? Thanks and if you can, see what is my teams weakness, and feel free to recommend me any moves or abilitys to my team

Raichu : Electric = ThunderBolt, ThunderShock, IronTail, SignalBeam. (Ability = Static)
Aggron : Steel, Rock = HeadSmash, DragonRush, IronHead, Strength. (Ability = Rock Head)
Poliwarth : Fighting, Water = Surf, MindReader, Dynamicpunch, Hypnosis. (Ability = WaterAbsorb)
Flygon : Dragon, ground = Outrage, FirePunch, Earthquake, Fly. (Ability = Levitate)

Your team may have problems against Clay because three of your Pokemon i.e.Raichu,Aggron and Ninetales have weaknesses against ground.

TheeMuffinMan

Muffin Trainer
ammittal12 said:
Your team may have problems against Clay because three of your Pokemon i.e.Raichu,Aggron and Ninetales have weaknesses against ground.
well isnt there speed stat low? i might be able to use hypnosis with ninetails and then finish him off with solar beam (if he dosent wake up early). but yup, thanks :)

I'm in need of suggestions on my future in-game Black 2 team's movesets and also for a final member for my team. Here is what I got so far...

Serperior [Female] @
Adamant Nature
Overgrow
-Coil
-Aqua Tail
-Dragon Tail/Leech Seed
-Leaf Blade

It seems like many people are going to use a moveset just like this for their Serperior from what I've seen in this thread. I'm going to use either Leech Seed or Dragon Tail, I don't know which one is best.

Lucario [Male] @
Neutral Nature or one for Mixed Sweepers
Inner Focus
-Aura Sphere
-Ice Punch
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse

I haven't really decided if this will be his final moveset, but just tell me what you think and if there is anything I should do to make it better.

Arcanine [Male] @
??? Nature
Intimidate
-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Thunder Fang
-?

Any suggestions for last move?

Lapras [Female] @
Modest Nature
Water Absorb
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Bulldoze/Psychic

Nidoqueen [Female] @Life Orb
Modest Nature
Sheer Force
-Earth Power
-Thunder Bolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower/Sludge Bomb

I already got help on Nidoqueen, but I'm still not sure about it.
Though I don't think I really need 3 pokemon with a ice type move, but I do know I need moves for type coverage.
Maybe Nidoqueen should be more of a physical sweeper? What do you guys think?
Some of these pokemon will be bred on my White and brought over to Black 2 when I have the C-Gear on it. Any suggestions is welcome.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
So I decided to get Black 2 in addition to White 2 and I planned my team.Here is it.Suggestions are welcome.

Serperior
-Leaf Blade(STAB)
-Aqua Tail(useful coverage against Fire types)
-Aerial Ace(coverage against bug types and hits Grass types for Super effective damage which neither LB or AT can)
-Outrage(will be helpful against 7th gym and Iris)

Magmortar
-Flamethrower(STAB)
-Thunderbolt(coverage against water types)
-Focus Blast(coverage against rock types)
-Psychic(helpful against Marshal and maybe Roxie)

Scrafty
-Crunch(STAB)
-Hi Jump Kick(STAB)
-Head Smash(coverage against flying types)
-Zen Headbutt(Coverage against other Fighting types)

Pinsir
-X-Scissor(STAB)
-Superpower(coverage against rock types)
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide(coverage against flying and fire types)
-Earthquake(Random move but can be useful against some Pokemon)

Swanna
-Surf(STAB)
-Air Slash(Main STAB)
-Ice Beam(Hurts Dragon types for SE damage)
-Fly(Secondary STAB.All other things it got were normal and status moves and I needed a flyer.It may also be useful against Pokemon with good Sp.Def but not so good Defence)

Probopass
-Power Gem(STAB)
-Flash Cannon(STAB)
-Thunderbolt(coverage against Water types)
-Earth Power(Random move but can be useful)

I am the kind which plays offensively and don't like to use status or boosting moves much.I only use them if the Pokemon I am using has terrible moveset or absymal offensive stats.

Pspaans

X&Y Fan
In Black 2, i'm going to use these Pokémon:
503.gif
The starter - Aspertia City
448.gif
Floccesy Ranch
462.gif
Virbank Complex
609.gif
Celestial Tower
330.gif
Reversal Mountain
376.gif
Giant Chasm

And these in White 2:
500.gif
181.gif
Floccesy Ranch
545.gif
Route 20
553.gif
Route 4
604.gif
Seaside Cave
334.gif
Victory Road

I don't like to have my team complete early, that's why I catch Vibrava at Reversal Mountain and not Trapinch at Desert Resort, same reason Eelektross and his pre-evolutions.

I don't care about nature and stuff like that, and I learn the moves... I think about that when I'm playing the game.

I didn't choose these Pokémon because they're the best or something like that, I choose them because I like them and i've never used the most of them before.

And for Altaria, is there a bird Pokémon which can use fly around the 6-7 Gym? (Not Pidove and his evolutions, I've used them in White already)

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
In Black 2, i'm going to use these Pokémon:
503.gif
448.gif
Floccesy Ranch
462.gif
Virbank Complex
609.gif
Celestial Tower
330.gif
Reversal Mountain
376.gif
Giant Chasm

And these in White 2:
500.gif
181.gif
Floccesy Ranch
545.gif
Route 20
553.gif
Route 4
604.gif
Seaside Cave
334.gif
Victory Road

I don't like to have my team complete early, that's why I catch Vibrava at Reversal Mountain and not Trapinch at Desert Resort, same reason Eelektross and his pre-evolutions.

I don't care about nature and stuff like that, and I learn the moves... I think about that when I'm playing the game.

I didn't choose these Pokémon because they're the best or something like that, I choose them because I like them and i've never used the most of them before.

And for Altaria, is there a bird Pokémon which can use fly around the 6-7 Gym? (Not Pidove and his evolutions, I've used them in White already)

I think you should change your Black 2 Team somewhat because you have 3 Steel Types(Lucario,Magnezone and Metagross).So,half your team is weak to fire and four(including Chandelure) are weak to Ground type.It's just a suggestion but you can try changing Pokemon between Black 2 and White 2 as your White 2 doesn't seem to have any Steel type.Maybe you can change Ampharos and Magnezone.It would make your team more balanced.

I'm planning on using all three starters for Unova, as well as a electric, fighting, and flying type to even everything out a little more. I'm putting all 6 hms on my team, for better or worse. Also, the nature will be random, but the moves I pick are final. I won't put any items on my pokemons. Five of these pokemon will be hatch and traded to pokemon black 2 once I get the c gear. Here is the team I'm planning to use in Pokemon Black 2:

Serperior
Leaf blade
Giga drain
Aerial Ace
Cut

Emboar
Strength
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Poison Jab

Samurott
Surf
Waterfall
Ice beam
Dive

Lucario
Close Combat
Aura Sphere
Psychic
Shadow Ball

Archeops
Fly
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge

Galvantula
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball
Bug Buzz
Sucker Punch

Bdb2010

I decided to make an account here to post my team, since I was also eager enough to plan a team for W2/B2. I may stick around to leave and respond to feedback. Anyway, so here is my White 2 Team:

497.png

Serperior @ -----

Coil / Swords Dance (If I can get SD before the Elite four)
Leaf Blade
Return
Aqua Tail / Dragon Tail / Giga Drain (AT for Fire types; DT for phasing Haxorus/Hydreigon; Giga Drain for sapping set-up bait if convenient)

*A rather overused set for Serperior, but I love serperior because of his great stat spread + the ability to pump his attack (hopefully w/Swords Dance)

121.png

Starmie @Expert Belt

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

*Self-Explanatory. It hits fast and hard; and honestly, I get barely any opportunities to use this pre-E4. It should be a breeze to use for the last gyms to beat and for alot of E4 pokes prone to this kind of coverage.

169.png

Crobat @-----

Cross Poison
Fly
Confuse Ray
X-Scissor

*Crobat can be obtained early and he also makes great use of Fly in conjunction with confuse ray. It's primarily luck, but there are times that the opponent will hurt itself while I'm flying in the air; otherwise, I still dodge his hit. When the odds are with me, this strategy does me wonders (Which I may have to resort to for Hydreigon). Cross-Poison is for reliable Stab, and X-scissor is for Psychics and Darks (like Hydreigon). I'll let someone else handle steel-types.

376.png

Metagross @ -----

Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Zen Headbutt / Psychic / Shadow Ball
Bullet Punch / Agility

*Metagross comes very late, but that gives me advantages: 1) I get Metagross fully evolved after a rare candy 2) I have room for an HM slave throughout the game. For his moveset, I don't have earthquake until later, but Meteor Mash is for good stab, Hammer Arm for Dark-Types (Hydreigon if i have to), and Zen Headbutt/Psychic for another Stab move (Fighting types will likely be swept by Starmie). My last moveslot will be used for either Bullet Punch for priority or Agility for sweeping possibilities.

I may consider tutor moves when I realize how easy or difficult it is to find shards.

534.png

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb

Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Facade
Stone Edge / Payback

*I have a 3DS and a DS so I should have access to trading. How I see it, not only will he destroy the E4 Dark team, he will be my counter for Iris' Haxorus. I'll use Bulk-up as Haxorus Dragon Dances, activating my flame Orb + Guts. I am confident that I'll survive whatever Haxorus throws at me and I'll drain punch him once or twice (I wish I had Mach Punch). If I face other Pokes, I'll also have Facade or Stone Edge to rack up damage.

Also, I believe the flame orb is on W2 so that is the game I plan on using this team on.

59.png

Arcanine @ ------

Flare Blitz
Crunch
Wild Charge
Flamethrower (Later Replace with overheat)

*I chose arcanine over chandelure mainly for the purpose of supporting Snivy/Servine for the poison and bug gym, since it would be a pain in the butt for him on his own. It leaves my team heavy-weighted towards physical attacks, so I'll keep flamethrower on Arcanine to support starmie; and possibly use Psychic on Metagross. I know how good of a move Extremespeed is, but I feel like the trainers are going to be jerks and use full-restores anyway.

Feedback from anyone would be appreciated, about the team overall and for my last team slot.

Last edited:

Pspaans

X&Y Fan
I think you should change your Black 2 Team somewhat because you have 3 Steel Types(Lucario,Magnezone and Metagross).So,half your team is weak to fire and four(including Chandelure) are weak to Ground type.It's just a suggestion but you can try changing Pokemon between Black 2 and White 2 as your White 2 doesn't seem to have any Steel type.Maybe you can change Ampharos and Magnezone.It would make your team more balanced.
I didn't notice that 3 of them where steel, xD, but if i switch between Ampharos and Magnezone, then I have only my starter at the 1st gym in White, and I'm going to play white on Hard mode so I'm going to switch Metagross with Eelektross.

andresballer03

i vote zoroark, great pokemon ingame, you get it early and itll rip apart two of the elite 4

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I'm still not completely set on a team for my upcoming English Black 2 game, but here's what I'm thinking at the moment:

-Emboar
-Pidgeot (recently found a shiny Pidgey on my HeartGold version~)
-Mantine
-Bisharp
-Flygon
-Reuniclus

White 2 Team

503.gif
448.gif
059.gif
330.gif
596.gif

I can't decide my final team member, I need sugestions for the sixth Pokémon between the following Pokémon:
196.gif
573.gif
628.gif
579.gif
571.gif
604.gif
I had a ton of fun with my Cinccino in my Black run, but I think Braviary would work the best on your particular team. Flying types always come in handy in a pinch.

confuser987

You can't teach Aggron Head Smash unless you breed. and breeding is in late game.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
You can't teach Aggron Head Smash unless you breed. and breeding is in late game.

....he can just transfer it from his White.

---------------------------------

im wondering when do i get to transfer my pokemon from white to black 2?

after you beat the first Gym

Raichu Hasty/Naive : Electric = ThunderBolt, Return, IronTail, SignalBeam. (Ability = Static)

who the hell still use Thundershock when it has Thunderbolt? XD

Aggron Adamant/Impish : Steel, Rock = HeadSmash, DragonRush, IronHead, Strength. (Ability = Rock Head)

Once you have pushed all the rocks down the hole, replace Strength with Double-Edge.

Poliwarth Adamant: Fighting, Water = Waterfall, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Ice Punch. (Ability = WaterAbsorb)

Might as well focus on its slightly better physical side. Assuming it's powerful enough and fast enough, Poliwrath alone can sweep Clay's team.

Ninetails Modest/Timid/Calm : Fire = HeatWave, Dark Pulse, Energy Ball, Calm Mind/Nasty Plot (Ability = FlashFire)

Much better.

Glaceon Modest/Calm/Bold : Ice = IceBeam, Hyper Voice, ShadowBall, Signal Beam. (Ability = IceBody)

coverage-wise, Water Pulse is better than Signal Beam, unfortunately that's a previous Gen move.

Flygon Adamant/Jolly : Dragon, ground = Outrage, FirePunch, Earthquake, Fly. (Ability = Levitate)

comments in bold :)

-------------------------------

Serperior [Female] @
Adamant Nature
Overgrow
-Coil
-Aqua Tail
-Dragon Tail/Leech Seed
-Leaf Blade

It seems like many people are going to use a moveset just like this for their Serperior from what I've seen in this thread. I'm going to use either Leech Seed or Dragon Tail, I don't know which one is best.

I personally prefer either Dragon Tail or Return.

Lucario [Male] @
Neutral Nature or one for Mixed Sweepers
Inner Focus
-Aura Sphere
-Ice Punch
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse

I haven't really decided if this will be his final moveset, but just tell me what you think and if there is anything I should do to make it better.

That's already great, no need to change anything.

Arcanine [Male] @
Hasty/Naive Nature
Intimidate
-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Thunder Fang
-Dragon Pulse

Fire + Dragon + Electric hits everything in the current National Pokedex for at least neutral damage.

Lapras [Female] @
Modest Nature
Water Absorb
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

or Dragon Pulse.

Nidoqueen [Female] @Life Orb
Modest Nature
Sheer Force
-Earth Power
-Thunder Bolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower/Sludge Bomb

I already got help on Nidoqueen, but I'm still not sure about it.
Though I don't think I really need 3 pokemon with a ice type move, but I do know I need moves for type coverage.
Maybe Nidoqueen should be more of a physical sweeper? What do you guys think?

Nidoqueen can go Physical, but your team has enough physical attackers, so IMO stay with the Special one.

Comments in bold :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Serperior
Leaf blade
Giga drain
Aerial Ace
Cut

you'll almost never going to need Cut, might as well just use a HM slave for that. Replace Cut with Aqua Tail for coverage, replace Giga Drain with Return, and go for Adamant Nature.

Emboar
Strength
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Poison Jab

Replace Earthquake with Hammer Arm and replace Poison Jab with Rock Slide.
Ground has no place in a Fight-Type Pokemon due to Ground & Fight sharing similar coverage, and Poison is kinda bad as an offensive type due to average amount of coverage.

Samurott
Surf
Waterfall
Ice beam
Dive

Dive isn't really useful, just like in B/W the only Dive spots in B/W 2 are the optional ones in Undella Bay, you can just use a HM slave for that and replace Dive with Return for more coverage.

Galvantula
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball
Bug Buzz
Sucker Punch

if it has Compoundeyes ability, then Thunder is much better than Thunderbolt.

Comments in bold :)

Thanks for the suggestions. :)
Now I know what nature to get for my Arcanine.
I need to get breeding for members of my team and finding a DW NidoranF.
For my last member, I'm thinking either a Rock or Flying type but I'm not sure on what to use. The last member is being hard to think of.

Bdb2010

White 2 Team

503.gif
448.gif
059.gif
330.gif
596.gif

I can't decide my final team member, I need sugestions for the sixth Pokémon between the following Pokémon:
196.gif
573.gif
628.gif
579.gif
571.gif
604.gif

I would add either Reuniclus or Braviary to your team. Though if you add braviary, then you'll have 3 pokemon weak to rock attacks. I don't think rock-type moves will be so threatening in this game and it will help alleviate your team's weakness to earthquake (Galvantula is hit neutrally, but it's still pretty frail). Otherwise, Reuniclus would be a good pokemon to tank hits and dish out special attacks.

Anyways, if you are worried about Ground-rock attackers, then you could also switch Galvantula with eelektross. If you decide on that, then I suggest adding Espeon as your 6th.

Edit: I've been noticing the popular trend which people have been using a fire, an electric, and steel type on their team. It's just asking for earthquake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.