• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This is my team so far in Black 2, any comments & tips on training them woud be greatly appreciated though please do not mention different natures for them. I know Modest would be the best for Oshawott & Adamant would be the best for Sewaddle, but these are the natures they're stuck with & I can't change them & I really don't feel like either re-catching them or starting over just to get the better natures:

Oshawott @ none
Lv. 12- Naughty
Male/Torrent
Water Gun
Tackle
Tail Whip
Water Sport

Sewaddle @ None
Lv 12- Docile
Male/Swarm
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite
- (I was thinking of temporarily teaching it Return to check on how close it is to evolve into Leavanny once it becomes Swadloon

Swablu @ none
Lv. 6- Rash
Female/ Cloud Nine
Peck
Growl
Astonish
-

dbcb

I picked snivy as my starter and i just realized for rivals strter (it is nowa pignite) would destroy my team.

Would the exadrill line or crocadile line be a better counter for pignite and the game in general. The croc would have to be wary of his fighting moves but i thought mybe its speed and dark typing would be more bensficial for the rest of the game.

Current team is sevine, lucario, and growlith and just beat 3rd gym.

Alright I'm now at the Elite Four but I want to know if there is any moveset changes I should make to the team before battling them. I can always trade them to my White if the moves suggested are TMs I don't have in Black 2. Suggestions are much appreciated.

Here's the team:

:497: Empress/Serperior [F] Lv. 58 @Big Root
Adamant Nature
Overgrow
-Strength
-Coil
-Aqua Tail
-Leaf Blade

;448; Harley/Lucario [M] Lv. 58 @Leftovers
Hardy Nature
Inner Focus
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Punch
-Bone Rush
-Aura Sphere

;059; Manny/Arcanine [M] Lv. 58 @Shell Bell
Naive Nature
Intimidate
-Wild Charge
-Flamethrower
-Dig
-Crunch

;131; Anastasia/Lapras [F] Lv. 58 @Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
Water Absorb
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Surf

;330; Aaron/Flygon [M] Lv. 58 @Wide Lens
Naughty Nature
Levitate
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw

:604: Vincent/Eelektross [M] Lv. 58 @Quick Claw
Adamant Nature
Levitate
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Thunderpunch
-Drain Punch

Random11

I'm at drayden's gym but I've decided to redesign my whole team so I was thinking;

Aggron
Lapras
Houndoom

I haven't decided on the last three and their movesets yet, so a little help with that? I'd prefer not to use any pokemon that most people seem to be using atm :p I haven't trained any of these pokemon before so I think it would be interesting to change it up a little this time.

Phoenixfatih

What is the best moveset for Eelektross. Before BW2, it generally had special moves, so it is used in that way, but after the addition of move tutor there are new physical move options to use.

Hi all!

Here is my team so far, currently waiting to challenge the 5th gym

Serperior, Espeon, Electabuzz, Darumaka, Lucario and Braviary.
I really want to include zorua in my team but i cannot decide which pokemon to drop, currently thinking of dropping electabuzz as it does not evolve to electiver until late in the game. But if i do so, i do not have any access to electric moves, should i stick to this team?

Kyurem1515

Keen Shiny Hunter
What is the best moveset for Eelektross. Before BW2, it generally had special moves, so it is used in that way, but after the addition of move tutor there are new physical move options to use.

Eelektross-adamant
drain punch
thunder punch/wild charge
crunch
dragon claw

Bdb2010

There is no "Best" set for Eelektross. There's so many moves to use for attacking or utility. Basically, Wild Charge -or- Thunderbolt is a staple. From there, add moves you assume to be solid coverage (Such as Crunch and Superpower/Acrobatics, then Dragon Tail / Thunderwave).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I decided that since most of my original team is too late in the game, that I should make a new team. This is my new team:

Serperior
Arcanine
Flygon
Sigilyph
Galvantula
Sawk (using Lucario as a temp until I get that far)

Charoshi

Charmander is best
White2 Team (Main File)
Emboar
Electivire
Krookodile
Sigilyph
Ferrothorn
Jellicent

Black2 team (First Playthrough)
Starmie (Dream Radar)
Magnezone
Conkeldurr
Cincinno
Volcarona
Gliscor

I loved both of these teams. No complaints what so ever. I was incredibly op by the time I fought the champion on both games.

Rinne

anata wo toosenbo
I decided that since most of my original team is too late in the game, that I should make a new team. This is my new team:

Serperior
Arcanine
Flygon
Sigilyph
Galvantula
Sawk (using Lucario as a temp until I get that far)

You can only get Sawk on Victory Road in this iteration, and tbqh Lucario does a much better job in terms of potential versatility.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So.. It turns out Braviary sucks in-game. Too low speed, imo. And my has a neutral nature! Its defenses are low too, and its attack is good.
Good thing its HP is great!

Davve

Could someone help me out with suggestions for my team pls..like moves and stuff, this is my team i have atm:

Jellicent lvl 43

Brine
Recover
Will o wisp
Ominous wind

Vibrava lvl 44

Earth Power
Crunch
Fly
Dragon Pulse

Lapent lvl 43

Will o wisp
Flame Burst
Dark Pulse
Hex

Ferrothorn lvl 42

Power Whip
Ingrain
Gyro Ball
Iron Defence

Elektrik lvl 42

Crunch
Thunder Wave
Spark
Charge Beam

Lucario lvl 46

Ice Punch
Heal Pulse
Swords Dance
Force Palm

I'm a total noob so please help me out with suggestions for moves and witch pokes to use. Thank you in advance :D

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
I originally intended to teach my Arcanine Dragon Pulse from the move tutor. Right now though, he has Outrage, since he learned it in a level up and I figured why not.

But now I'm not sure if I should give him Dragon Pulse or just keep Outrage. Both have 10 PP and both have 100 accuracy.

But Outrage is physical unlike Pulse, and right now, Arcanine's attack is 164 and his special is 140. But Outrage also forces me to use it for 2-3 turns and then faces confusion afterwards, and I don't know if I like relinquishing that freedom. What are people's opinions on which move to pick?

EDIT: Also, he's got Flare Blitz which I planned on having, and I plan on giving him Wild Charge, both of which result in recoil. So I'd have 3 moves that ultimately hurt my pokemon...Too much or no?

Last edited:

rocky505

So.. It turns out Braviary sucks in-game. Too low speed, imo. And my has a neutral nature! Its defenses are low too, and its attack is good.
Good thing its HP is great!

The correct term is "my braviary sucks"

It's speed isn't too low it's just meh.

Millus

Quagsire (M) Adamant
Water Absorb
> Earthquake
> Curse
> Ice Punch/Toxic/Yawn
> Surf -> Waterfall

or

Samurott (F) Hasty
Torrent
> Megahorn
> Surf
> Aqua Jet
> Ice Beam/Revenge

I know samurott is more offensive, but quagsire has less weakness

Rinne

anata wo toosenbo
Ugh. So I just beat Skyla and am thinking about the last member of my team. I'd like to be physical, and preferably one that can be caught around this point in the game. (Backtracking's possible, but I don't want to have to set my game time back to bring it up to speed.) My current team is as follows: thoughts?

Samurott
Duosion
Leafeon
Magneton
Axew

Gai

My post game team atm is :
;381; @ Soul Dew Lv. 90
Draco Meteor
Psychic
Surf
Dragon Pulse

:497: @ none Lv. 89
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance
Aqua Tail
Dragon Tail

;448; @ Life Orb Lv. 90
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Ice Punch

;059; @ Charcoal Lv. 88
Flamethrower
Wild Charge
Extreme Speed
Outrage

;196; @ none Lv. 91
Calm Mind
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Morning Sun

:612: @ Life Orb Lv. 92
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break

Black skyscraper completed and all unova pokedex and legendaries caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.