• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Well, if you want an all-in-one solution, you could train a Starmie or Octillery. They both can learn Thunderbolt and Octillery can learn Energy Ball.

I've pretty much settled on Octillery as my 6th Pokemon. I just haven't decided if I'm better off catching one with Sniper, or breeding one with Moody.

Any ideas guys?

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
I've pretty much settled on Octillery as my 6th Pokemon. I just haven't decided if I'm better off catching one with Sniper, or breeding one with Moody.

Any ideas guys?

Sniper is definitely the better choice in my opinion.

It has a better chance of saving you in battle or netting you an unexpected KO with a critical hit, especially when it's combined with the Scope Lens.

Crobat_Curse

;467; [76] Penn {Quirky} @ Expert Belt
Flamethrower, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Cross Chop

His nature is a bit iffy but not a lot can be done now. He's EV'd trained mostly in Special Attack and Speed, with a little thrown into Attack (for Cross Chop.) I'm considering Fire Blast over Flamethrower, but the RNG seems to hate me and the PWT is frustrating enough. Thunderbolt's brilliant for Water-types and Psychic is just filler in all honesty (thinking of perhaps replacing it with Flame Charge, to remedy his middling speed.)

;301; [79] Mitchell {Modest} @ Life Orb
Hyper Voice, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Calm Mind

Surprisingly pulls his weight; swept Iris both first time around and during the rematch. He's EV'd trained fully in Speed and Special Attack so actually hits quite hard, especially after a CM or two. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam provide amazing coverage to boot.

;437; [77] Busker {Brave} @ Leftovers
Zen Headbutt, Toxic, Earthquake, Iron Head

I love this guy. He's prevented so many losses just by being so tankish.
He's EV'd mainly in HP, with the rest split between the defences, whereas his Brave nature means he can dent opposing threats too. Toxic is brilliant for other walls.

Ani521FMS.png
[77] Pandora {Rash} @ Scope Lens
Air Slash, Uproar, Heat-Wave, Fly

Probably seems quite stupid to have a Special-based Unfezant, but I've never found her particularly lacking. Air Slash is a decent enough STAB and more reliable than Uproar, and it's flinch rate is pretty nifty. Heat-Wave is fantastic for covering Steel-types, whereas Uproar is handy when I need a more powerful alternative to Air Slash. Fly is essentially just for in-game.

;419; [77] Wheezy {Mild} @ Splash Plate
Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Crunch, Surf

Again, quite a poor nature but I don't really fancy rebreeding him haha. His item's not exactly stellar either, but Mitchell's already using the Life Orb and Penn the Expert Belt. His movepool is pretty bogstandard - Waterfall for STAB, Ice Punch for Grass-types and Crunch for coverage. Surf is there primarily for in-game purposes, although it does hit rather hard with his Mild Nature and is a decent choice for Triples (well, when he's not paired with Penn. Or Mitchell or Pandora for that matter.)

;334; [77] Flo {Adamant} @ Shell Bell
Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Cotton Guard

I really really wish she could have more than 4 moves, since she'd be amazing with Roost. Unfortunately I need the EQ coverage and without Dragon Dance she's pitifully weak, whereas Cotton Guard is an amazing move in general and increases her bulk to ridiculous levels.

Anyone care to rate? :)

Last edited:

nekomi

Ace Trainer
I need suggestions on who I should add or replace on my team, please. :)

I'm on the way to the 7th gym.

This is my current team:
:503: Samurott [Quiet] lv. 48 - Aqua Jet, Surf, Revenge, False Swipe.
;181; Ampharos [Bold] lv. 45 - Power Gem, Confuse Ray, ThunderShock, Heal Bell.
;169; Crobat [Jolly] lv. 42 - Fly, Poison Fang, Roost, Bite.
;330; Flygon [Impish] lv. 48 - Rock Slide, Dragon Tail, Earth Power, DragonBreath.
:560: Scrafty [Adamant] lv. 44 - Brick Break, Faint Attack, Crunch, Strength.

Other pokes I have trained:
;058; Growlithe [Adamant] lv. 37 - Flame Wheel, Reversal, Retaliate, Fire Fang.
:603: Eelektrik [Timid] lv. 39 - Tackle, Thunder Wave, Crunch, Charge Beam.
;196; Espeon [Timid] lv. 30 - Future Sight, Covet, Quick Attack, Bite.
:637: Volcorona [Timid] lv. 38 - String Shot, Leech Life, Gust, Fire Spin.

Last edited:

Kyurem1515

Keen Shiny Hunter
Im just about to beat the 8th gym and i'd quite like a last poke. Here's my team so far:
Serperior lv 55 adamant
coil
aqua tail
leaf blade
return

Flygon lv 52 adamant
dragon tail
earthquake
rock slide
fire punch

azumarill lv 52
superpower
aqua tail
aqua jet
ice punch

lucario lv 52 modest
aura sphere
dark pulse
psychic
bone rush

galvantula lv 52 timid
thunder
energy ball
hidden power (ice)
bug buzz

Any suggestions please

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Your team is high enough of a level to easily take care of Marlon. You're faster than his lead Pokemon, so just use Energy Ball. A Ghost type like Chandelure will really help you with the Elite 4.

Kyurem1515

Keen Shiny Hunter
I used one in white so id prefer not to use one again.
sorry

BorrelnootjeNL

Perhaps a Mandibuzz? Helps greatly with the fighting, psychic and ghost threats of the Elite 4, gives you a way to fly, and it is quite bulky too

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Dragon Pulse/Metal Sound over Bone Rush on Lucario.

A Fight-Type never needs a Ground move since Fight & Ground shares a similar coverage, with Fight having STAB (this is also the same reason why Heracross and Emboar should never carry Earthquake, I know a lot of people are doing this)

Besides, your Lucario is Modest. Bone Rush is a physical attack.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This is my official team that I'm planning on having by the end of Black 2, counting my reserves. Any comments on any of them would be greatly appreciated. Also, all of the natures and abilities in Bold font represent pokémon that I already have

:502: Dewott @ Eviolite
Male- Naughty nature
Torrent
Razor Shell
Waterfall/Water Pulse/Hydro Pump
Icy Wind/Ice Beam/Blizzard
Grass Knot/Revenge
Since Dewott has a naughty nature, I was thinking of doing 50/50 Physical and Special Attack. Also, even though there are stronger moves than Razor Shell, I've always been a big fan of signature moves

:542: Leavanny @ none
Male Docile nature
Swarm
X-Scissor
Cut/Shadow Claw
Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace

;058; Growlithe @Macho Brace/White Herb/Power Bracer/Power Belt/Power Band/Power Lens
Male Quiet Nature
Flash Fire
Flamethrower/Flare Blitz/Overheat
Wild Charge
Outrage
Return
I know Arcanine's the better choice, by far, but I want to go and not evolve Growlithe so that my team would be less generic. Though it has a Quiet nature, I was thinking of mostly teaching it physical moves since they're usually the most powerful ones Growlithe could use

;169; Crobat @ none
Male Jolly or Hasty or Hardy Nature
Inner Focus
Corss Poison
Acrobatics
Venoshock/Zen Headbutt/Roost/Dark Pulse
Steel Wing

;376;Metaross @ none
Careful Nature
Clear Body

Meteor Mash
Earthquake/Giga Impact/Strength
Zen Headbutt
Ice Punch/Thunderpunch
I was given advice to use Earthquake over Strength or Giga Impact before, but I'm currently considering Strength because I don't believe in HM slaves & Giga Impact because the whole recharge function never bothered me. I'm personally one of this guys who still likes to use Hyper Beam because of the nostalgia factor

:571:Zoroark @ none
Male Hasty Nature
Illusion
Night Daze
U-Turn
Aerial Ace/Cut
Focus Blast

:647:Keldeo @ none
Hasty Nature
Justified

Secret Sword
Icy Wind/Aerial Ace
Surf/Aqua Jet
Stone Edge

;334;Altaria @ none
Female Rash Nature
Cloud Nine

Fly
Dragon Dance
Dragon Pulse
Cotton Guard/Sky Attack

;427; Bunneary @ none
Female or Male Jolly Nature
Run Away or Klutz
Baton Pass/Cut/Healing Wish/After You/Magic Coat
Bounce
Thunder Punch/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Drain Punch
Dizzy Punch
Much like Growlithe, I want to try and raise Buneary without evolving it.

:553: Krookodile @ none
Male Adamant Nature
Moxie

Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Brick Break/Strength

;121; Starmie @ none
Natural Cure or Analytic
Mild, Modest, or Hasty nature
Dive
Rapid Spin
Recover
Psychic/Thunderbolt/Power Gem/Ice Beam/ Gravity/Pain Split
Hydro Pump

;463; Lickilicky @ none
Male Adamant or Bashful nature
Own Tempo or Oblivious
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch
Surf
I personally think Aqua Tail would be better over Surf, but like I said before, I don't believe in HM slaves, so I wanted to teach Lickilicky to learn Surf so that Dewott and Starmie could learn more beneficial moves

;235; Smeargle @ none
Male Naughty nature
Own Tempo

Transform
Eruption/Lock On
Cut
Zap Cannon/Sheer Cold
Other than transform, I'm currently stuck on which moves to teach Smeargle. The other ones I mentioned are ideas, but I'm still not completely sure. Any comments or suggestions on this especially would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
There's no point in keeping Strength once you've pushed all the boulders down the hole, so once you do that, you can replace Metagross' Strength with Earthquake.

so i'm planning my team atm and im new to this game and game region... used to heart gold, silver, firered, etc

What is a good team for this game? I like to have 5 in my party. Fire, Water, Fly, Electric, physic types.

I plan on using Ampharos, Vapereon, Emboar for sure.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Post a future team with movesets then we will talk. :p

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Hello all.

As I have recieved my White 2 order finally yesterday. I managed to obtain 3 GYM badges. Until Elesa here is my team. I'd be pleased if you evaulate them.

Servine [M] Lv.26 - Hasty Nature.
Lucario [M] Lv.25 - Quirky Nature
Gyarados [M] Lv. 25 - Jolly Nature (Dream World)
Growlithe [M] Lv.23 - Lonely Nature
Jolteon [M] Lv. 18 - Naive Nature

Thanks!

A small edit on this: Now about to face with Elesa. The team is now consists of:

Servine Lv.30
Lucario Lv.29
Gyarados Lv.28
Growlithe Lv.28
Jolteon Lv.30

Last edited:

PonyPanic

I planned this team for my next White 2 playthrough, how does this team look?

Emboar
-Flamethrower
-Hammer Arm
-Scald
-Wild Charge/Thunderpunch

Ampharos
-Discharge/Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Power Gem
-Signal Beam

Sawsbuck
-Horn Leech
-Jump Kick
-Megahorn
-Take Down

Vaporeon
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Toxic

Krookodile
-Foul Play/Crunch
-Earthquake
-Dragon Tail/Rock Slide
-Strength

Beheeyem
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Thunderbolt/Calm Mind

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I planned this team for my next White 2 playthrough, how does this team look?

Emboar
-Flamethrower
-Hammer Arm
-Scald
-Wild Charge/Thunderpunch

Might as well go full Physical on this one. Replace Scald with Earthquake for better coverage and Flamethrower with Flare Blitz (or Fire Punch if you don't want the recoil).

Vaporeon
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-]Shadow Ball
-Toxic

Not much to go with since most of Vapy's best moves need breeding. ChestoRest paired with Substitute can be used as a weaker version of SubWish, but you only get one free recovery for it. If you do that I suggest you replace Surf with Scald. If you can spare the shards though, I suggest you replace Shadow Ball with Signal Beam as Ghost attacks have sucky coverage.

Krookodile
-Foul Play/Crunch
-Earthquake
-Dragon Tail/Rock Slide
-Strength

Foul Play is more of a gimmick as it builds up on your opponents ATK so it would be useless with Special Sweepers. Besides this Krookodile's build would cater to a higher physical ATK that Crunch will be much more useful. I say go for Stone Edge rather than Rock Slide, and Dragon Tail is more for tank PHazers since it's a last priority move, though it can be usable. Replace Strength with Return, or maybe even Outrage if you're not going with Stone Edge.

Beheeyem
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Thunderbolt/Calm Mind

Again, Ghost coverage sucks. Remove that and keep Thunderbolt and Calm Mind.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I've always wanted to use Hydreigon, but the fact that its a pain to evolve made me not to. However, with Dark Pulse available thanks to move tutors, i'm definitely using him! He is also going to be my surfer. Lucario is available early, so he's a must have. Arcanine now has a usable moveset, and its stats are amazing, so he's a must-have aswell. For starters, I'll go with Serperior, as he's the coolest one. I've always wanted a Galvantula, so I'll take him. I only have one slot left, and I need a flier. Flygon is the perfect fit for me, as he is a flier, gives ground coverage and also has the nostalgia factor. So here's my final team:

Hydreigon(Dark/Dragon)
Lucario(Steel/Fighting)
Arcanine(Fire)
Serperior(Grass)
Galvantula(Electric/Bug)
Flygon(Ground/Dragon)

Seems to have pretty good coverage.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
I am not too sure about my Flygon so,I want to ask a question.Should I use Dragon Claw or Draco Meteor until I get to Nacrene City Move Tutor to teach it Outrage?At first,I had thought that I would use Dragon Claw as it has a Physical set but when I calculated it,the damage from Draco Meteor(80*140=11200) will be more compared to that of Dragon Claw(100*80=8000) and even though there is Sp.Attack drop,It will most probably defeat the Pokemon and after that I can switch out.Even if the Pokemon survives,I can use my other moves as they are all Physical Based so wouldn't be affected by stat drop.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I am not too sure about my Flygon so,I want to ask a question.Should I use Dragon Claw or Draco Meteor until I get to Nacrene City Move Tutor to teach it Outrage?At first,I had thought that I would use Dragon Claw as it has a Physical set but when I calculated it,the damage from Draco Meteor(80*140=11200) will be more compared to that of Dragon Claw(100*80=8000) and even though there is Sp.Attack drop,It will most probably defeat the Pokemon and after that I can switch out.Even if the Pokemon survives,I can use my other moves as they are all Physical Based so wouldn't be affected by stat drop.

Unless you have a really good move, I say keep both. My suggested vanilla game play move set would be:
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Draco Meteor

You'll find that the moves here have pretty good coverage. The Draco Meteor may seem redundant, but it is a powerful move you can use when you want to dent something especially if it is tough on the physical defense side. In addition, using it won't hurt your other moves as they are ATK dependent and not SP. ATK dependent which Draco Meteor harshly reduces. At 140 base attack and STAB, it's a powerful attack even without SP ATK EV investments.

Of course if you have other moves to replace it such as U-Turn and such you can replace it. Or if your Flygon has a Nature that reduces from the SP. ATK then you may decide to use another purely physical move as well.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!

You also have to take into account the nature of your Flygon and the PP of the moves. Dragon Claw has 15 PP while Draco Meteor has only 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.