• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Ken

RAVE
I am doing an anime run with all Ash's regional teams, his traveling companions teams (excluding Tracey and Misty), Paul's team, Ash's Unova rivals teams and some of my own fanfic teams. My strongest will be Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Serperior, Lucario, Krookodile, and many others, with the absolute best being my Pikachu.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Hey, i'm just about to start my white 2 run and my team is ready

Sneasel - Jolly
Icepunch
Brick Break

Torchic - Hasty
Flamethrower
Tackle

Ghastly - Modest
Thunderbolt
Shadowball
Psychic

Jolteon - Jolly
Shadowball
Thunderbolt

Vaporeon - Modest
Ice Beam
Surf

Trapinch - adamant

They are all lvl 1 btw, is this a good team? i know it lacks a grass type and all.. :)

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
Growlithe, metang, Swablu and gurdurr. Metang can be used for emolga, Swablu for joltik, growlithe against zebstrika since yours has flash fire, and gurdurr for emolga.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm about to face the Nimbasa Gym. I have challenge mode & I need help on how to counter Volt Switch. I don't have any pokémon who can neutralize it, even in my reserves, so I need to think of some strategy. These are the 4 pokémon I'm using:

Metang @ Hard Stone
Lv. 23
Clear Body
Careful
-Take Down
-Confusion
-Metal Claw
- Rock Tomb

Growlithe @ Eviolite
Lv. 23
Male
Flash Fire
Quiet
-Fire Fang
-Flame Wheel
-Return
-Dig

Leavanny @ Bug Gem
Lv. 23
Male
Swarm
Docile
-Razor Leaf
-Bug Bite
-Protect
-Cut

Gurdurr @ Coba Berry
Lv. 25
Male
Iron Fist
Drain Punch
Strength
Chip Away

I try to come up with as many strategies, try to figure out Elesa's attack patterns, but then she either uses Volt Switch or something random & my game is completely thrown off. Any suggestions on which to counter WITHOUT changing my pokémon?

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Just entered route 23

Serperior lv.60
Naughty

Coil
Leaf Blade
Aqua Tail
Return

Arcanine lv.59
Naughty

Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Outrage
Crunch

Flygon lv. 58
Adamant

Dragon Claw
Dig
Fly
Rock Slide

Metagross lv.58
Lonely

Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Rock Slide
Bulldoze

Starmie lv.58
Modest

Thunder
Ice Beam
Surf
Psychic

Lucario lv.58
Quiet

Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Psychic
Calm Mind

Burningzecrom

As of route 4, my team is currently
elekid
charmeleon (bred in white 1 and traded over as a charmander)
dewott
Crobat

final team could be
Samurott
charizard
braviary or crobat
Haxorus
electivire
zoroark or krookodile

Last edited:
Im tryin to build a sandstorm team and this is my current build. Can anyone help me fix it or help me make changes that might need to be made?

Tyranitar (Sand Stream)
Excadrill (Sand Rush)
Lucario (Steadfast/Inner Focus) Doesnt make much difference
Garchomp (Sand Veil)
Rotom-W (Levitate)
6th Pokemon Pending..

Im gonna go with

In Game:
Servine
Lucario
Charizard
Zoroark
Milotic
and free space, could u tell me whos good (for my team)

ps, I dont`want to use Mewtwo even though he is boss

n3f

Here's my White 2 in game team. I'm currently stuck on the Johto world leaders I beat the rest but just can't get past this one. My whole team was caught and used for my play through so natures and abilitys are here to stay and please don't recommend egg moves. Currently lookig for a 6th member preferably one the helps with my over welming ground weakness. Stats are gonna go hp,attack,defense,sp attack,sp defense,speed

Lucario 88
Timid
Inner focus
Left overs
Aura sphere
Dragon pulse
Dark pulse
Extreme speed

Arcanine 88
Brave
Intimidate
Charcoal
Flare blitz
Wild charge
Outrage
Extreme speed

Electivire 88
Docile
Motor drive
Magnet
Ice punch
Wild charge
Brick break
Facade

Flygon 88
Brave
Levitate
Soft sand
Stone edge
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Outrage

Drapion 88
Naive
Sniper
Scope lense
Night slash
Cross poison
Aqua tail
Hone claws

If your going to recommend a 6th team member, move or item please give a reason why. Thank you for all your help!

Rakurai

You'll probably want to breed and EV train an entirely new team to take on the World Leaders and Champions tournaments, because they're in a completely different league from the previous ones.

epicmonster037

I already beat the game back in October, but here was my team when I got White 2 and played through the storyline:

Samurott
Mild nature
Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Megahorn

Electivire
Bashful nature
ThunderPunch, Thunderbolt, Ice Punch, Earthquake (was Low Kick prior to beating the game)

Lilligant
Modest nature
Giga Drain, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance, Sleep Powder

Aggron
Impish nature
Strength, Heavy Slam, Rock Slide, Dig

Chandelure
Calm nature
Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball

Altaria
Lonely nature
Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Earthquake (was Bulldoze prior to beating the game), Fly

I was quite proud of this team. It only had one really overused non-starter (Chandelure) iirc, and it was overall fun. Even if it wasn't the hardest Pokemon game i've ever played, it was still an interesting go.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Here's my current team on BW2:

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Hidden Power Ice
Nasty Plot

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
Fire Punch
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Mach Punch

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Facade
Payback

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Giga Drain
Sleep Powder
Hidden Power Fire
Quiver Dance

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Modest
Moves:
Growth
Giga Drain
Hidden Power Fire
Sludge Bomb

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Moves:
Reversal
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch

Unredemption

I can always use ev reducing berries and re ev train them any suggestions besides start over?

It'll probably be cheaper to breed and EV train the new guys, as compared to the hassle of hoarding up that much berries - unless you already have them? Plus, breeding means you have access to a larger movepool + control over their IVs and Natures, both of which are very helpful in PWT.

Can't think of other feasible options, though.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Hey guys, I've decided I'm using Snivy as my starter instead of Oshawott like I did in White. I thought it would be a good idea, but now I think that Snivy is both weaker and - more importantly - there are no water Pokemon available like Samurott right now.

I'm on Route 7 (by Driftveil City) and about to get Surf. The problem is that the Water Pokemon I was thinking of using - mainly the Spheal line, Lapras, Shelder line, or Seadra line - aren't even available until lategame or even post-E4.

So, I basically need a good, bulky Water Pokemon that I can get right now, and won't disappoint me with it's stats (though obviously it doesn't have to be spectacular, just reliable). Also, it's fine if it can be found on water while surfing (I'll simply get some HM slave and use him to get said Pokemon) as long as its available logically quickly.

Unredemption

So, I basically need a good, bulky Water Pokemon that I can get right now, and won't disappoint me with it's stats (though obviously it doesn't have to be spectacular, just reliable). Also, it's fine if it can be found on water while surfing (I'll simply get some HM slave and use him to get said Pokemon) as long as its available logically quickly.

Jellicent seems to fit the bill nicely. Movepool is very decent as well.

~Azurill~

Hi guys, I'm new in the forum and I'm kinda lost x.x'
So I think I'm going to start by posting my team and yea D: I have just defeated the two Team Plasma Grunts in the Castelia Sewers and now I'm training to fight Burgh, the third Gym Leader.
Right now my team is like this:

496.gif
Servine - Level: 23
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Relaxed
~ Tackle
~ Leech Seed
~ Leaf Tornado
~ Growth

184.gif
Azumarill - Level: 23
Ability: Huge Power
~ Aqua Tail
~ Return
~ Tail Whip
~ Charm

I'm having trouble choosing other Pokémon to complete it but right now I caught an Eevee (Timid) and a Magnemite. I might want to use a Magnezone or a Jolteon =/ Do you think one of these would be good for my team? Also if you do, which one?
Please help me choosing, I'd appreciate it a lot =)

Last edited:

Aurath8

Jellicent seems to fit the bill nicely. Movepool is very decent as well.

Alternatively you could use Vaporeon. It's movepool isn't as wide as Jellicent and it doesn't have a Ghost type but it has better stats overall and can evolve earlier with a Water Stone.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
@above

Right, I was thinking this too. The only thing stopping me was how to get the Water Stone (I think it requires BP or something?) and the fact I thought Glaceon would be better for my Eevolution. But, Vaporeon does look pretty bulky...

Status
Not open for further replies.