• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
What do you think of Emboar?

I've been happy with what I've seen. Mine has functioned very well as a mixed attacker. Not very fast, but hits plenty hard.

ToeyJoey

The Count
That's similar to what I found, post-game when everything's much stronger the lack of speed started becoming more difficult, same with Carracosta but further exacerbated.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
I'm thinking of redoing my Black 2 with bred pokemon on Black. I've beat the game, and I really can't help but think my team is absolutely useless. I have terrible natures and had to re capture some to do better.

I had a Timid Growlithe and was at the 4th gym when I went to get another one. Now I have a level 67 impish Arcanine.
I had a Quiet Lucario and was at 3rd gym when I got another. I have a 58 serious Lucario.
I have a brave Crobat, haven't got a new one because I thought it's speed was fine.
I have a quiet Heracross, I really couldn't be bothered to get a new one when I'd battled every trainer in the game before the E4.

I want to breed some pokes found in the game to trade over and I'm thinking of: Serperior, Aggron, Arcanine, Manetric, Mienshao.

I'm stuck on the last, I want either:

Golurk, Starmie, Braviary, Absol, or Pawniard.

It's all down to power for the last one, I want something that can do damage, but a new change of pace on this is nice.

Last edited:

Unredemption

I want to breed some pokes found in the game to trade over and I'm thinking of: Serperior, Aggron, Arcanine, Manetric, Mienshao.

I'm stuck on the last, I want either:

Golurk, Starmie, Braviary, Absol, or Pawniard.

It's all down to power for the last one, I want something that can do damage, but a new change of pace on this is nice.

I'd go with Starmie, great Speed coupled with decent Sp. Atk. Your team probably doesn't have reliable Water or Psychic moves (aside from Aqua Tail), both of which Starmie has with STAB.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm thinking of my White 2 team being similar to this:
Samurott
Lucario
Electivre
Dragonite
Zangoose
Arcanine

I Have Given Up

Hey guys, could anyone recommend a sixth party member? I'm at the seventh gym, training Axew up to the upper 40s. Anyway, my team is currently Samurott, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Galvantula, and Axew. Is there some kind of type coverage or something I'm missing?

rocky505

If you give Samurott Blizzard(Can be bought at a mart at one of the Poke Centers) and wide lens then you should be okay. If Axew gets strong enough and is fast enough to outspeed other Fraxure, or Drayden's Haxorus then that would make it easier. I see you don't have a flying type, Skarmory would also help against Drayden with it's massive defense and its resistance to dragon moves.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why not?

Final team was:
Samurott
Lucario
Altaria
Latias (because it's in-game, and I felt like it)
Arcanine
Electivire

~Azurill~

Can anyone please help me with my team? =/ Sorry for being annoying but I posted on the last page and as I got no answers I'm trying again. I'm new in the forum and I really need help x.x

yifle1

Hello im new here on this forum i would like if you guys could rate my team in white 2

My team consists of
Serperior
Nature Timid
Moves
Cut
Leaf Storm
Leaf Blade
Giga Drain

Arcanine
Nature Quiet
Moves
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Wild Charge
ExtremeSpeed

Krookodile
Nature Adamant
Moves
Crunch
Outrage
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Braviary
Nature Brave
Moves
Fly
Brave Bird
Superpower
Strength

Metagross
Nature Brave
Moves
Zen Headbutt
Shadow Ball
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm

Starmie
Nature Modest
Moves
Surf
Waterfall
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Last edited:

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Hello im new here on this forum i would like if you guys could rate my team in white 2

My team consists of
Serperior
Nature Timid

Arcanine
Nature Quiet Jolly or Timid. Depends on what you want him to do, physical moves for Jolly and special moves for timid.

Krookodile
Nature Adamant

Braviary
Nature Brave Adamant nature or Jolly. More attack the better, so Adamant may be the better choice.

Aggron
Nature Impish Adamant. You want Adamant. This thing is devastatingly powerful with rock head as well. No recoil from head smash with massive attack should destroy everything. Sturdy could help you if you worry about being knocked out before landing a hit that is comparable to a nuclear bomb.

Starmie
Nature Modest

You have some that have good natures. Such as the Starmie, Krookodile, and Serperior.
However, the Arcanine, Braviary, and Aggron could be better. Quiet boosts special attack and lowers speed, one main aspect of Arcanine. Brave boosts attack but lowers speed, obviously not as important but it may not be that good. Impish is for defense.
The natures are all really good, but it can be done better for the 3 of them, as having a good amount of speed is nice to hit them before going down.

Welcome to the forums as well. If you have any troubles you can just message somebody who is online. Last time I remember, people online are shown at the bottom.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
My actual team in White 2 is...

Samurott
Mismagius
Jumpluff
Braviary
Floatzel
Gliscor

Samurott is my starter and Braviary is there because in Black I couldn't catch it. For the others, these are Pokémon that I could/didn't took in the other generations.

Mismagius - I caught it in HGSS, I trade it in Black, I reproduce it and I trade it into White 2. I took it because I had only Pokémon Diamond, wich is the version of Murkrow, and not Misdreavus.
Jumpluff - I caught it in the Dream World of Black, I reproduce it and I trade it into White 2. I took it because I had already a Grass Type Pokémon in HeartGold (Meganium, my starter).
Floatzel - I caught it in White 2. I took it because I has already a Water Type in Diamond (Empoleon, my starter).
Gliscor - I caught it in White 2. I took because, in every game, his evolution is impossible to get (the Razor Fang is to hard to get). And I like it too.

Last edited:
My final team was

Magnezone | Sturdy - Flash Cannon / Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave / Hidden Power (Ice) (Lv. 68)
Excadrill | Mold Breaker - Iron Head / Earthquake / Rock Slide / Return (Lv. 69)
Jellicent | Water Absorb - Surf / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball / Recover (Lv. 73)
Braviary | Defiant - Fly / Brave Bird / Strength / Bulk Up (Lv. 70)

Last edited:

wolvie616

SoulSilver
I'm currently on the way to driftveil, my team consisting of Heracross, Charmeleon, Electabuzz, and Zoroark.

I'm thinking of filling out roster with Starmie and Metagross, but i'm not so sure on Metagross. Any thoughts on a good 6th pokemon?

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
I'm stuck at victory road and I need a 6th Party member, I spent hours upon hours trying to get an Immunity Gligar so I could get a Poison heal Gliscor but I'm just giving up. Advice please?

My Current team:

Final (Lapras)
Lonely Nature/Water Absorb
Confuse ray
Scald
Surf
Ice Beam

Scald can burn and Confuse ray does exactly what it says on the tin.
Ice beam and Surf are 2 powerful STAB moves.

Flame Arc (Arcanine)
Bashful Nature/Intimidate
Wild charge/Thunder Fang/Extremespeed
Outrage
Crunch
Flare Blitz

Flare Blitz has awesome STAB, Wild Charge/Thunder fang covers water weakness but it could be risky to have 2 recoil moves on the same set, Extremespeed is flipping awesome, Outrage is the same as previous and has 2-3 attacks for 1pp. Crunch is coverage.

Magnetrio (Magneton) @ eviolite
Sturdy/Docile nature
Metal Sound
Thunder wave
Flash Cannon
Thunderbolt

I swept Lance in HG with this set except without the eviolite, now with the boost to defences and some pots it might do it to the new champ.

Speed=1 (whimsicott) @ probably leftovers
Quirky Nature/Prankster (Is there any reason no to?)
Leech seed
Toxic
Cotton Guard
Giga Drain/Energy Ball

The ULTIMATE physical wall, along with speed priority leech seed/toxic/cotton guard for A +3 BOOST! Not quite sure what to go for for damage though...

Johtobat (Crobat)
Hasty Nature/Inner Focus
roost
Fly
Cross poison
No Idea

STAB + Healing, need something else.

??? (???)
???/???
???
???
???
???

???

Please give assistance, any helpful advice shall be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, in Advance.

Andraste

I'm playing through White 2 for the first time, and my team so far consists of:

Samurott (Modest)
Lucario (Modest)
Scollipede (Adamant)
Braviary (Jolly)
Flygon (Jolly)

... well, actually at the moment I have a Dewott, a Whirlipede and a Trapinch, but they'll evolve eventually.

I haven't don't the fourth Gym yet because I've been trying to catch an Eevee to evolve into Jolteon, but it's tough going. I've caught eight Eevees and have yet to get a Timid or Modest one. The best I've got at the moment is Mild, and I'm almost out of Pokeballs, money and patience.

So now I'm torn: should I go do the fourth Gym, get some more money and Pokeballs and come back to Castelia Gardens to continue my quixotic quest for the perfect Jolteon? Should I evolve the Mild one, given that Jolteon has terrible Defence anyway and it won't make that much difference? Or should I fill the sixth slot with a different Pokemon altogether?

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
I'm playing through White 2 for the first time, and my team so far consists of:

Samurott (Modest)
Lucario (Modest)
Scollipede (Adamant)
Braviary (Jolly)
Flygon (Jolly)

... well, actually at the moment I have a Dewott, a Whirlipede and a Trapinch, but they'll evolve eventually.

I haven't don't the fourth Gym yet because I've been trying to catch an Eevee to evolve into Jolteon, but it's tough going. I've caught eight Eevees and have yet to get a Timid or Modest one. The best I've got at the moment is Mild, and I'm almost out of Pokeballs, money and patience.

So now I'm torn: should I go do the fourth Gym, get some more money and Pokeballs and come back to Castelia Gardens to continue my quixotic quest for the perfect Jolteon? Should I evolve the Mild one, given that Jolteon has terrible Defence anyway and it won't make that much difference? Or should I fill the sixth slot with a different Pokemon altogether?

You appear to really want eevee so you could still try, buy 12 castelia cones and sell them to the maid in route 5 (I think) for a profit of around $10000.
Getting a high Pokestar rank and then consistently do Brycen-man film for a strange ending and selling all the items you get from fans (mainly nuggets and star pieces) can net awesome cash. Don't give up! (Yet...)

Andraste

You appear to really want eevee so you could still try, buy 12 castelia cones and sell them to the maid in route 5 (I think) for a profit of around $10000.
Getting a high Pokestar rank and then consistently do Brycen-man film for a strange ending and selling all the items you get from fans (mainly nuggets and star pieces) can net awesome cash. Don't give up! (Yet...)

I didn't either of those things, thank you! Having an efficient way of making money will certainly make it easier to persist with my Eevee hunt.

Frustrating as it is sometimes, I do appreciate a Pokemon more when I've really had to work for it. I think I'll go make some movies and then keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.