• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGGRON GUY

expert breeder
hey coipe marshall could beat all your pokemon ith his grass fighting. how do i know? i know stuff. fix the problem.

Bdb2010

hey bdb2010 that team is knowpost game. this is in game. but nice team i like it.
Huh? Post-game is still in-game. The story doesn't technically end.

Besides, I'm at least taking one of these to the first elite four, and eventually the 2nd.

But no biggie, I still have time to decide.

hey coipe marshall could beat all your pokemon ith his grass fighting. how do i know? i know stuff. fix the problem.

Just thought I'd respond here too. Unfezant should take Breloom down without effort. It's faster and can hit 4x super effective with fly.

But the team in general is somewhat weak to Marshall. @Copie, I'd recommend a strong psychic type to take them out (And use a neutral fighter to take sturdy sawk out)

pokemon are tyranitar level 58 altaria level 42 dialga i got dialga from dream radar his level is 40 gliscor level 42 zoroark level 56 and chandelure level 45. right know im trying to beat ghetisis in the cave.please rate the team.

Then to not leave you hanging...

Weaknesses to watch for: Water (3), Ground (3), Fighting (3). Tyranitar has all 3 of these weaknesses, Dialga Has 2, and Chandelure has 2.

Chandelure can absorb fighting attacks, but fighting types usually carry ground and rock. I would say your team needs a bit more balance.

A couple of quick suggestions (I can elaborate if you want me to):

-Replace Altaria with a water type (maybe starmie or Jellicent for a fighting resist/immunity too)
-Replace Tyranitar or better cope with your 3 ground/fighting weaknesses (such as removing Chandelure or Zoroark)
-Think about how to deal with Haxorus because he can wreck 3 pokes with EQ, Zoroark with Xscissor, and Altaria with Dragon Claw / Outrage. I would highly recommend Jellicent because he can use Wil-O-Wisp and then finish him with Ice Beam. If not, you'll likely have to rely on Gliscor.
-Adding Jellicent would likely mean removing Chandelure, which isn't a big deal assuming Zoroark has flamethrower. Jellicent can be caught at lv 40 at undella town (however it has a useless ability)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm playing through white 2 and would like some advice on my team(transferred some from other games XD).
(not really interested in competitive battles)

Sammurott(timid)
Surf
Ice beam
Aqua jet
???

Sceptile(adamant)
Leaf blade
Return
Quick attack
???

Infernape(Jolly)
Mach punch
Fire punch
Close combat
???

Electrode(timid)
Thunderbolt
Charge
Electro ball
Signal beam

Espeon(timid)
psychic
future sight
swift
reflect

Crobat(jolly)
cross poison
confuse ray
fly
bite

Bdb2010

Hi, I'm playing through white 2 and would like some advice on my team(transferred some from other games XD).
(not really interested in competitive battles)

Sammurott(timid)
Surf
Ice beam
Aqua jet
???

If Samurott wasn't timid, I would suggest Megahorn. In this case, I would either add Toxic or wait for Hydro Pump. Megahorn is still viable against psychics/darks though.

Sceptile(adamant)
Leaf blade
Return
Quick attack
???

I gotta say that Sceptile really sucks without TM's/Breeding. You're best off replacing that with Leavanny if it's not too much trouble. It's not as fast, but it learns Swords Dance at lv 46. I'd recommend getting that or grinding in PWT to get the Swords Dance TM.

Infernape(Jolly)
Mach punch
Fire punch
Close combat
???

Rock Slide, shadow claw, or Wil-o-wisp will suffice as the 4th moveslot. The first two will offer good coverage, but wil-o-wisp is nice for going against physical attackers.

Electrode(timid)
Thunderbolt
Charge
Electro ball
Signal beam

I strongly recommend replacing Electrode with Galvantula. He can still outspeed alot, has STAB signal beam, has 91% accurate Thunder, and 97 SpA to work with. But if you want to stay with electrode, then you should try something like Light Screen + Volt Switch against the Psychic and Ghost gym. That way Electrode can switch for something else that can take hits easier for 3-4 turns. Or something like Toxic will be great for his insane speed. It would be a good way to take out haxorus (assuming you can stall him.

Espeon(timid)
psychic
future sight
swift
reflect

Future Sight and Swift should be replaced with Shadow Ball and Signal beam in my opinion, for coverage against Psychic / Dark / Ghost types. Or if you don't decide on Light screen for electrode, give Espeon Dual Screens so she runs (Psychic / Shadow Ball / Reflect / Light Screen).

Crobat(jolly)
cross poison
confuse ray
fly
bite

This set is good, although bite won't do that much damage. In fact, STAB acrobatics without an item will deal more than a super effective bite (165 bp > 160 bp) I would recommend the switch unless you don't like the shallow coverage.

Overall, your team will be just fine for the elite four even if you don't feel like making adjustments. The things that bug me are that you don't have a dedicated fighter for the Psychic / Ghost type E4 members (aka a physical, Dark or Steel type) and Sceptile/Electrode are itching for replacement. But if you don't want to replace anything, then you'll still be alright anyhow.

Currently, there's two different pokemon that I recommend adding (But not together):

Sceptile -> Leavanny

-Leaf Blade
-X-scissor
-Shadow Claw / Return
-Swords Dance

*Quick Attack wasn't that necessary with 120 speed. Plus, Sceptile's 85 base attack is pretty weak without investment or SD

Electrode -> Galvantula (compoundeyes ability)

-Thunder
-Signal Beam (then Bug Buzz)
-Energy Ball / Light Screen / Toxic
-Volt Switch

If you keep electrode, I suggest making it more of a utility pokemon while having 1 or 2 useful attacks (Thunderbolt / Filler / Light Screen or Toxic / Volt Switch). Heck, if you get enough shards, you can tutor it Foul Play and mess with Haxorus.

Another thing I thought about is that you're limiting pokemon like infernape and Samurott to an extent because of their natures. Infernape could run Flamethrower or Fire blast while Samurott could utilize megahorn along with a more powerful aqua jet (that said, Samurott is probably better with a physical swords dance set).

Hopefully this helps. This feedback is pretty strict for in-game play, but having more versatility will help you poke the weak spots in some pokemon (such as Megahorn against Musharna / Reuniclus or Fire Blast to cover the physically defensive steel types).

Last edited:

Streetlight

Making my way through White 2 for the third time and I've created a very enjoyable team. Has four favorites of mine and two newcomers who have been great.

1) "Vipiri" the Serperior, lvl.66
-Leaf Blade
-Coil
-Leech Seed
-Leaf Storm

I'm aware that this move-set strays away from the usual Aqua Tail+Coil Serperior but I don't care. It works, I like it, my Serperior is the ****.

2) "Coletrain" the Darmanitan, lvl.64
-Fire Punch
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Run of the mill Darmanitan that completely wrecks all who oppose it. Keep two fire moves on him for various situations.

3) "Arachno" the Galvantula, lvl.64
-Thunderbolt
-Bug Buzz
-Thunder
-Energy Ball

Absolutely love this speedy little bugger. Compoundeyes Thunder is a wonderful creation.

4) "Jewel" the Starmie, lvl.64
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt

First time Starmie user and all I can say is wow. This thing can do anything and is ungodly fast.

5) "Nimbula" the Altaria, lvl.64
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Cotton Guard

Was shocked by how awesome Altaria is. Two Dragon Dances and a Cotton Guard later and this thing is a wrecking ball. It's even great without stat boosts as it's pretty bulky.

6) "Sheila" the Mamoswine, lvl.64
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Stone Edge
-Strength

Absolutely love Mamoswine. Served me well in Platinum and Heart Gold and will continue to do so in any game it's available. Strength is there as an alright filler

I am planning to use this team for my White 2. My team will this most likely be after the Pokemon League. Advice and rankings are welcome.

Samurott
Razor shell
Water pulse
Surf
Ice beam

Lucario (with Inner Focus as Ability)
Extremespeed
Force Palm
Aura Sphere
Swords Dance

Crobat
Wing Attack
Acrobatics
Venoshock
Fly

Darmanitan
Hammer Arm
Flare Blitz
Fire Punch
Bulldoze

Haxorus
Dragon Claw
Swords Dance
Outrage
Dig

Tangrowth (With Chlorophyll as Ability)
Wring Out
Giga Drain
Bulldoze
Power Whip

I am also planning to fight the other post-game trainers like Colress. Advice for that is also welcome.

Lucario6

I just got the 6th gym badge and this is what my team looks like so far:

Lucario/Lv.54/Male
Emboar/Lv.50/Male
Unfezant/Lv.40/Female
Golduck/Lv.40/Female
Magnezone/Lv.47/None
Boldore/Lv.40/Male

This will most likely be my team by the end of the game as well.

TheGreaterLucario

Sup, guys. Currently the two powerhouses of my team are:
Dragonite (Male) Lv. 95
Ability: Multiscale

Aqua Tail
Dragon Rush
Thunderpunch
Stone Edge

Beneficial Nature to Attack Stat

Arcanine (Female) Lv. 87
Ability: Intimidate

Heat Wave
Extremespeed
Hidden Power (Electric)
Flamethrower

Beneficial Nature to Sp. Attack stat

I'm planning on bringing over my Umbreon, Vaporeon, Raikou and Articuno from my Heartgold, and I'm currently training my Absol with Super Luck and a moveset of high-crit chance moves..... Any team reccomendations (either about the Pokemon listed or what Pokemon I should add)?

RNG_Reporter

This 2 version of black and white is awesomeeeee

I just got it a few days ago.(Pokemon white2) And running into so many Pokemon I had no idea were around.

I just beat the bug gym. So right outside the 3D city. North.

My team atm are all level 23-25.

Servine relaxed
Growth
Razor leaf
Leaf storm?
And leech seed

Lucario hardy
Return
Force palm
Counter
Quick attack

Elekid brave
Shock wave
Tshock
Quick attack
-filler-

Moves are just moves atm. Nothing specific. But not really the point. More worries about threats etc up ahead..but don't want to be spoiled too much.

I really don't know what to do with my team. But after seeing all of yours. I can see the options are really so more advance than the old B/W games.

I don't see my good ole Lucario going anywhere..and I never play without a starter. But I can see Elekid being outclassed down the line for sure.

uberHexagon

Oshawatching you...
I have a team that needs a bit of touching up. So my team is: Serperior, Ampharos, Lucario, Aggron, and Chandelure. For my sixth pokemon I have 2 options. My Wailord or a Hydregion. On the marriland team builder there are columns that say Weak or Res. I added the numbers on each column to see what I got. With Hydregion the stats were Weak:21 and Res:42. With Wailord they were Weak:19 and Res:39. As you can see Hydregion's numbers are better but I don't have a pokemon that can use surf. I guess I could catch an HM slave later on but then I would have to take out a member of my team and normally I travel with my full team to level them up evenly. So if anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful. And ingame atm I'm in mistrailon city. I only have a Servine, Flaaffy, Lucario, Aron, and Wailmer.

EDIT: Oh and during the Elite Four I'm going to be in challenge mode. So if I get Wailord I'm guessing I'll be aiming for a defensive team and Hydregion will make me aim for a more offensive team.

Last edited:

Snorlax Max

While Supplies Last!
I decided to make a movie-themed team for my current White2 run.

Tyranitar (The monster of the week)
Brick Break
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch

Darmanitan (King Kong)
Flare Blitz
Superpower
Fire Punch
Hammer Arm

Magnezone (UFO)
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Flash Cannon
Discharge

Beheeyem (Because every UFO needs an alien to pilot it!)
Psychic
Hidden Power (Water)
Zen Headbutt
Calm Mind

Cofagrigus (The mummy that protects its tomb from trespassers)
Shadow Ball
Power Swap
Will-o-Wisp
Ominous Wind

Octillery (Action movies need guns)
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
Surf
Signal Beam

The team struggled a lot but it was a fun run regardless.

PikachuFan6

I have just beaten the elite four and I am now working on post game stuff. This is what my team looks like so far:

Pikachu
Focus Punch
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Thunder

Lucario
ExtremeSpeed
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Close Combat

Emboar
Roar
Rock Smash
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz

Golduck
Surf
Waterfall
Hydropump
Aqua Tail

Unfezant
Razor Wind
Roost
Air Slash
Fly

Boldore
Strength
Headbutt
Smack Down
Iron Defense

uberHexagon

Oshawatching you...
It's been 24 hours since I posted for help and no replies. I'm posting it again. It doesn't say anything about this on the first post but if this is against any rules someone please tell me. Here was the post:

I have a team that needs a bit of touching up. So my team is: Serperior, Ampharos, Lucario, Aggron, and Chandelure. For my sixth pokemon I have 2 options. My Wailord or a Hydregion. On the marriland team builder there are columns that say Weak or Res. I added the numbers on each column to see what I got. With Hydregion the stats were Weak:21 and Res:42. With Wailord they were Weak:19 and Res:39. As you can see Hydregion's numbers are better but I don't have a pokemon that can use surf. I guess I could catch an HM slave later on but then I would have to take out a member of my team and normally I travel with my full team to level them up evenly. So if anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful. And ingame atm I'm in mistrailon city. I only have a Servine, Flaaffy, Lucario, Aron, and Wailmer.

EDIT: Oh and during the Elite Four I'm going to be in challenge mode. So if I get Wailord I'm guessing I'll be aiming for a defensive team and Hydregion will make me aim for a more offensive team.

uberHexagon, Hydreigon can learn surf. I'm not kidding, it can. My advice is go ahead and use Hydreigon, but be aware that zweilous(which you can catch at level 50, victory road caves) won't evolve until level 64. That could be kind of a high level to train to before the elite four, so only use it if you are up to the challenge. But there are much, much better water types than wailord. You can get Staryu when you reach undella town reasonably easy, with a 60% chance in rippling water. I would go for that instead of wailord.

current team
Samurott lvl 37
Mega Horn
Surf
Revenge
Aqua Jet

Leavanny-lvl 36
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Seed Bomb
Signal Beam

Lucario-lvl 36
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Dig
Thunder Punch

Excadrill lvl 36
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Drill Run
Brick Break

comments/ suggestsions are welcome

woogfroo

I like seeing the stuff other people chose when they played though. For mine, I had:

Samurott (quirky: slash/waterfall/ice beam/rock smash) for my starter. Even though Samurott kind of sucks, I'm one of those people who keeps their starter. This Samurott is making me rethink that for future games.

Flareon (quirky: flamethrower/shadow ball/hidden power/yawn) Cute little ball of fluff who burns things cutely! I got it in a GTS trade. It had the egg move yawn, which was awesome.

Zoroark (modest: flamethrower/dark pulse/nasty plot/extrasensory) I think it died from the wind blowing on it too hard once. Also got him in a trade.

Wigglytuff (calm: hyper voice/psychic/ice beam/thunderbolt) Somehow was the powerhouse of my team. Her name was Woobie.

Dragonite (docile: strength/surf/waterfall/fly) This was a DWF one I got from a friend. She ended up being an HM slave.

Reuniclus (bold: energy ball/flash/psychic/shadow ball) I love them so much! They're adorable! Pretty sure they were the entire reason I chose White version over Black.

If I could do it over, I'd use Galvantula instead of the Zoroark. They're way cuter and make little squishy happy noises when they die. Unlike Zoroark who's always like DEREGHGAARERPDERP. (Heard that noise SO MANY TIMES.)

DoctorDark

I generally don't play competitively so I usually end up going with the pokemon I like best.
Always inevitably I end up with a combination of Dragon Pokemon + pokemon from the dragon egg group + dragonish pokemon.

White 2 team:
1. Charizard (I egged him in as my starter)
2. Haxorus
3. Milotic (Also egged this one in)
4. Garchomp
5. Flygon
6. Dragonite (HM slave. If you ask why, this Dragonite has been with me since Gen 3. Terrible stats, terrible IVs, terrible everything but I like having him around for sentimental purposes because the dang thing is one of my oldest pokemon I can use in this current game. Still have my gen 1 rocking away in my old school gen 2s. I'm actually thinking of recreating all of them from scratch in a FireRed game and moving forward from there)

Black 2 Team:
1. Sceptile (Also egged this one in as my starter)
2. Kingdra
3. Hydregion
4. Tyrannitar
5. Salamence
6. Dragonite (yes same HM slave)

Yes I admit to egging in most of my intial pokemon but this is how I like to play my games.
If I wanted to play with random pokemon (which I do in all of my intial playthroughs of every new generation) I would go with something like this for white 2:

1. Samurott
2. Lucario
3. Flygon
4. Arcanine
5. Braviary
6. Dragonite (Don't judge me.... QQ)

Last edited:

cdesmond123

Black 2 Team (Planned!)
Starter: Serperior
Nature: Adamant (after about 37 SR's)
Ability: Overgrow
-Aqua Tail
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Tail
-Coil

Gyarados
Ability: Moxie (Dream World)
Nature: Adamant
-Thrash/Outrage
-Stone Edge/Earthquake
-Waterfall/Aqua Tail
-Ice Fang???/Filler move

Chandelure
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Modest
-Will-o-Wisp
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat

Garchomp (Personal Favorite)
Ability:Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Aqua Tail/Dragon Claw/Stone Edge
-Swords Dance

Lucario
Ability: Steadfast or Inner Focus (Hopefully)
Nature: Modest
-Nasty Plot
-Extremespeed (probably filler)/Psychic
-Dragon Pulse/Flash Cannon(STAB)
-Aura Sphere(STAB)/ Dark Pulse

Magnezone
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Timid
-Magnet Rise (To avoid yet ANOTHER ground weakness on my team)
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt
-FILLER (i need some help with this one)

As you can see i kinda over did it lol. But i love planning teams. If you are wondering how i obtained Garchomp and Gyarados (Or soon will) is because i transfered them from Platinum to White Where i bred the two of them along with the Chandelure (In my original White team), Magnezone, and Lucario! So I did not hack! :) It was very tedious and took a lot of time, lol.

-
OPINIONS WELCOME!!!
Well actually needed thank you!

Last edited:

Zeit

do you think this works?

Serperior
Electrivire
Arcanine
Rhyperior
Conkeldurr
Flygon

Plz give feed back i want to know if this team is good.

My White2 team. I'm not so much looking for a rate as I am showing it off, but rates are welcomed if raters are so inclined. xD

Eelektross@Life Orb (God, this thing is a pain. Literally, it often kills my poor Pokémon to use it.)
Levitate (naturally)
Jolly (horrible nature, ik)
-Discharge (for the paralysis chance)
-Flamethrower
-Aqua Tail
-Dragon Claw
Epic National Dex-spanning coverage ftw! Killing everything including myself with Life Orb ftl!

Reuniclus@Wise Glasses
Magic Guard
Brave (absolutely horrid nature...)
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder
Easily my worst teammate. Great defensively, but does NOT perform well otherwise.

Chandelure@Choice Specs
Flame Body (I only recently discovered that Flash Fire is superior due to its defensive advantages against switch-ins.)
Modest (got the correct nature on this one. :3)
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Psychic
Standard moveset, nothing special.

Samurott@Choice Scarf
Torrent (obv's)
Lax (fail nature, but hasn't really held me back much)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Superpower
-Return
All but Shedinja fall before the might of legendary Samurott, Masamune! Easily one of the coolest starters I've ever had the pleasure of training. :)

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Iron Barbs (le duh)
Impish (fairly decent nature that I scored on the first capture)
-Power Whip
-Iron Head
-Shadow Claw
-Curse
Spiky tentacled alien saucer of whirling destruction? Yes pls!

Haxorus@Choice Band
Mold Breaker
Hardy (neutral nature ftl...)
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
By far, the most epic CBer I've ever trained. :D

do you think this works?

Serperior
Electrivire
Arcanine
Rhyperior
Conkeldurr
Flygon

Plz give feed back i want to know if this team is good.

You have too many Pokémon that fill identical roles. Choose one of either Rhyperior, Conkeldurr, or Flygon (I recommend Flygon), and use a good Water-type like Jellicent (not the one you get in Undella Bay, it has a weak DW ability; get one with Water Absorb instead), and a good Psychic-type like Espeon (evolve the DW Eevee you get from Fennell post-game, Espeon's DW ability is far superior to its normal one). Or, combine them by using Starmie and use something else cool, like Braviary or Zoroark, in your last slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.