• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

devildog201306

Event Collector
Alright I named my white character "White" and i dont know which i should name my White 2 character, im stuck between, "White2", "WhiteJr", or "WhiteII". does anyone have a voice in the matter i would Love to hear from you so please PM me what you think, On teams im more of a 1 Pokemon kind of guy,
White Im thinkingof going with Shiny Zoroark(Dark Pulse/Flamethrower/Night Slash/Aerial Ace)
White im thinking more of Shiny Haxorus(Dragon Claw/Dragon Pulse/Aerial Ace/Slash)
Let me know what yall think Thanks :)

Well, you don't need two moves of the same type, especially STAB moves. Zoroark should have Dark Pulse/Flamethrower/Focus Blast/Grass Knot, and Haxorus should have Outrage/Earthquake/Rock Slide/X-Scissor. As for your character name, I guess WhiteII would be sorta neat. I personally prefer more normal-sounding names, but to each their own.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Hi guys,

I have just ordered Black 2 and I should get it any time now. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Crystal so I'm very pumped to get this.

Here is my planned team any thoughts? This is the team I want to go through the whole game with and post game.

Dragonite

Charizard

Haxorus

Samurott

Lucario

Starmie

I'm lucky that a friend has a Dratini and Charmander for me on his game that I can trade over when I get it.

Thanks guys. Good to be on board!

It's not the most balanced team ever, with two water, two dragon, and a huge overall weakness to ice, rock, and electric. I would consider either dropping starmie or samurott for arcanine or Darmanitan.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm trying to decide on either adding Charmeleon or Monferno to my team. Just to make it more of a challenge, I don't really have any intentions of evolving them into either Charizard or Infernape, so I'm having trouble deciding which one would be better. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
monferno has a second type which is helpful. Charmeleom could boost its attack stat with hone claws,swords dance, and dragon dance. monferno has swords dance and bulk up So I would pick charmeleon.

BOOMRED

Thanks for the reply guys! I posted in another thread I got a Larvitar so my plans have changed.
Charizard

Dragonite

Haxorus

Tyranitar

Lucario

I obviously need a 6th. Any ideas?

happinas

fairy~
Clefable
Togetic
Blissey
Wigglytuff
Mew
--Empty Slot--
Yeah I like normal/fairy-like pokemon.

dazg

Little help guys I traded with a guy on here a charmander and a bulbasaur and im woundering if there fke as bulba seems that way:

Bulba:
Nature:Sassy
Moves: Tackle/Energy Ball//
Ability: Overgrow
Day care couple and route 3?

Charmander:
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Scratch/Growl/Flamethrower//
Ability: Blaze
Day care couple and route 3

Crobat_Curse

Well Burgh was ridiculously easy; Adrianna absolutely destroyed him after a Nasty Plot and his team barely scratched her due to Eviolite - even Dwebble! Beginning to think she won't be as much dead-weight as I thought in the wait to Level 54. Decided to box Audino since he wouldn't be staying on the team in the long-term and was just soaking up EXP really. I've added a Larvitar in his place, since I've never actually used Tyranitar in the 14 years I've been playing Pokemon. Again, it was bred on Black 2 and traded, hence why he has EQ this early. Xavier also evolved into Roselia and Harper into Crawdaunt, which is much welcomed since both were beginning to trail. I recently swept Elesa with Felix too; Rock Slide maimed her Emolga while EQ OHKO'd both Flaaffy and Zebstrika. Now about to head to Driftveil and hopefully fill the last spot on my team (I have a Pokemon in mind, they're just really hard to find.)

icon502.gif

Sven [29]
Docile
Razor Shell, Fury Cutter, Revenge, Water Pulse

;315;
Xavier [30]
Modest
Giga Drain, Extrasensory, Growth, Leaf Storm

;342;
Harper [30]
Naughty
Bubblebeam, Strength, Dragon Dance, Dig

icon629.gif

Adrianna [29]
Modest
Dark Pulse, Gust, Nasty Plot, Heat Wave

;246;
Felix [29]
Adamant
Earthquake, Thrash, Screech, Rock Slide

ohjeezitskim

Thanks for the reply guys! I posted in another thread I got a Larvitar so my plans have changed.
Charizard

Dragonite

Haxorus

Tyranitar

Lucario

I obviously need a 6th. Any ideas?

Your weakness are;
water, electric, rock x4
ice, rock, dragon
ice, dragon

water, grass, fighting x4, ground, bug, steel
fire, fighting, ground,

Maybe a psychic pokemon to counter the fighting weakness? Their only weakness is bug, ghost, and dark. But you have fire to cover bug, tyranitar's dark moves for ghost and lucario for dark

BOOMRED

Your weakness are;
water, electric, rock x4
ice, rock, dragon
ice, dragon

water, grass, fighting x4, ground, bug, steel
fire, fighting, ground,

Maybe a psychic pokemon to counter the fighting weakness? Their only weakness is bug, ghost, and dark. But you have fire to cover bug, tyranitar's dark moves for ghost and lucario for dark

Thanks. I was thinking an Espeon. You can get an Eevee early in the game apparently.
I just got a Cubone in Dream World and he's one of my favourite Pokemon! I might go with Espeon over him though.
I found a Shinx as well and like I said I havn't played since Crystal so Shinx is new to me. I may have a play around with that as well, it looks and sounds cool.

Can somebody please rate this team for E4?

Lucario Lv.66
Espeon Lv.62
Genesect Lv. 64
Heracross Lv.62
Hydreigon Lv. 65
Metagross Lv.60

You have so many repeating types. You've got 2 Psychic-types, 2 Bug-types, 2 Fighting-types, and 3 Steel-types. That said, your Genesect and Lucario will clean house by themselves, no need for the rest of your teammates to assist. :3

Edit: You've also got two semi-ubers and one full-on uber. You should be fine.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm preparing to cross the Skyarrow Bridge. Here's what my team consists of so far (counting reserves):

:502::542:;058;;169;;376;;334;;133;:534:;222;

I'm trying to think of a good pokémon (preferably Gen I) to balance out the dynamics. Here are the final two I was planning on deciding between:

Charmeleon (Via egg trade)

Jynx (Caught via Smoochum on Dream Radar)

Aerodactyl (Caught via Old Amber from Twist Mountain)

Right now, I think Jynx or Charmeleon would be the best bet since the only special attackers I have are Dewott & Corsola, plus I already have 2 flying types, but I'm just not too sure. Any suggestions on which of these 3 to get?

Last edited:

RNG_Reporter

How are you guys getting so many Pokemon on your team that isn't In the game or at the stage of the game you're at. Seems unfair lol.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My current team roster is as follows:

Dewott (pending evolution)
Darmanitan (shiny!)
Magnezone
Lucario
Simisage
Zoroark or Boldore

This does change sporadically, though

Last edited:

BOOMRED

How are you guys getting so many Pokemon on your team that isn't In the game or at the stage of the game you're at. Seems unfair lol.

haha I know. I was so lucky to get a Cubone and a Larvitar in the Dream World, 2 of my favourite Pokemon.

I have a Riolu from Dream Radar that I will use and a few others as well that I won't like Thundurus

I haven't got the game yet but you can store Pokemon you caught in Dream World and you can put it into your game as soon as you get the C Gear.

Crobat_Curse

Through the wonder that is trading. ;) It's hardly "unfair", there's nothing stopping you doing the same.

Current team; just reached Mistralton:

icon503.gif
Sven [36] Docile
{Razor Shell, Return, Megahorn, Aqua Jet}
Reliable starter! His moveset isn't fantastic but he gets by with Razor Shell and Return. I'll probably turn him into a more mixed sweeper when Harper learns Waterfall and Night Slash, just to differentiate the two a bit.

;407; Xavier [36] Modest
{Giga Drain, Extrasensory, Weather Ball, Leaf Storm}
Probably the star of the team! Giga Drain is his primary STAB and OHKOs most enemies, but Leaf Storm is a powerful alternative. Extrasensory covers the Poison-types that resist his STAB options, whilst Weather Ball destroys Steel-types when Castform sets the sun up.

;342; Harper [36] Naughty
{Surf, Return, Dragon Dance, Dig}
Eagerly awaiting a Physical STAB move, since she's really beginning to lag, even with Adaptability Surf. She gets Night Slash at 39, so hopefully that should tie her over until Crabhammer/Waterfall. Return and Dig are really only there for the times where she's used DD a few times.

icon629.gif
Adrianna [36] Modest
{Dark Pulse, Fly, Nasty Plot, Heat Wave}
Her defenses and eviolite tend to let her get a few Nasty Plot's under her belt, so she's surprisingly potent despite her abysmal offensive stats. Dark Pulse is there for reliable STAB whereas Heat Wave covers Steel-types. Fly's currently there for utility, but I'll replace it with Air Slash when she learns it.

;247; Felix [36] Adamant
{Earthquake, Thrash, Dark Pulse, Rock Slide}
Really slow and an annoying amount of weaknesses, but his EQ is powerful enough and covers this team's vulnerability against Electric-types. Dark Pulse and Thrash is filler really until he learns Crunch and I receive the Hone Claws/Rock Polish TMs.

;351; Io [36] Rash
{Sunny Day, Weather Ball, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam}
Newest addition and the makeshift Fire-type of the team. Weather Ball is actually insanely powerful with the weather boost, STAB and Sunny Day factored in (essentially 225BP, if I'm calculating it correctly.) Thunderbolt and Ice Beam were taught in Black version and give her insane coverage. Definitely pulls her weight despite the craptacular stats.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I taught my Black2 Flygon and White2 Dragonite Fly, since I've come to understand that having Fly on your team is indeed more convenient, just like having Surf on your team is. Sadly, my White2 Garchomp could not learn Fly like I thought he could, I'm disappointed.

I also taught my Black2 Arcanine Extremespeed over Close Combat. Kinda cheapens my extensive efforts to catch a female Growlithe for breeding, but oh well. My Azumarill knows Superpower and my Lucario knows Aura Sphere, so there was no need for a 3rd Fighting move on my team.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My current team is:

;448; Shadow (Lucario) lvl 37
:609: GhostLight (Chandelure) lvl 45
:598: Spike (Ferrothorn) lvl 43
:630: Dark Lady (Mandibuzz) lvl 35 but catching up
:503: Waverider (Samurott) lvl 44
;462; Shocker (Magnezone) lvl 45

I'm fully aware that I have a lot of steel-types on my team, though of them only Ferrothorn and Magnezone know any steel-type moves. I'm looking to add an ice type. Was hoping for Cryogonal, but Twist Mountain was no-go and I'm coming from the other direction. I'm looking at Vanillish/Vanilluxe, maybe Dewgong if I can get near the Giant Chasm. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.