• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Colosseum and XD Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

R_N

How annoying, Gulpin needs Yawn, darnit, etc

One other question: I'm thinking of keeping the Togepi since Tri Attack Togekiss sounds like a fun thing to play with, but just to make sure, once transferred to other games, it loses the hard-to-make-happy quality, right?
I assume it does, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes it does I believe, although the happiness does revert back to the base level as with any other Pokemon when traded - just that increasing happiness in Colo/XD is harder to do than in the main games.

R_N

One final question:
Let's say I caught one or two of Greevil's shadow pokemon, and then lost.
I know I'd keep the caught shadows, but would he replace them with their normal equivalents the next time I fight them? Like I catch his Rhydon & lose, would he have Manetric.

(also the last battle CD is said to be on his empty chair, but doesn't he stay there after the credits roll?)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
One final question:
Let's say I caught one or two of Greevil's shadow pokemon, and then lost.
I know I'd keep the caught shadows, but would he replace them with their normal equivalents the next time I fight them? Like I catch his Rhydon & lose, would he have Manetric.

(also the last battle CD is said to be on his empty chair, but doesn't he stay there after the credits roll?)

He replace lost Shadow Pokemon with regular Pokemon, not regular versions of his Shadow Pokemon. I forget what Greevil replaces all his Pokemon with, however.

R_N

When I said "normal equivalents" I meant things like his Manetric, Starmie, etc. so that's good to know.

Makes it more annoying, but good to know.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Merged with the Help thread.

And...what game? What are you up to? Not that easy to say without some basic info. :<

Aquanova

i got a question about shinies. Can the Jirachi from the disk and the Celebi from the disk be shiny? i really need an answer to this

EliteMaster

Is it okay to use the legendary beasts

Ok, so I finished Colosseum, purified all 48 pokemon and about to do mt battle vs0 challenge in order to get ho-oh. All want to I know from you guys is if Im allowed to use Suicune, Raikou or Entei for the mt battle challenge.

EliteMaster

Oh, well I thought it was supposed to be here being a question I have about colosseum. But thanks anyway:D.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Pokemon XD: Synchronize

I have a Bold Umbreon and I'm trying to get a Shadow Houndour with a Timid nature, so far no luck. And I've gotten a Bold Houndour a couple times too. Does the Ability Synchronize have it's Emerald effect in Pokemon XD?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
i just started playing pokemon XD and Pokemon leaf green again and was wondering its possible to trade between the two.

i assume if you can, that means i could trade gulpin and other hoenn pokemon to kanto as well right?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a Bold Umbreon and I'm trying to get a Shadow Houndour with a Timid nature, so far no luck. And I've gotten a Bold Houndour a couple times too. Does the Ability Synchronize have it's Emerald effect in Pokemon XD?
No, it does not. Xd is Based on Ruby/Sapphire. Plus it is not a wild Pokémon.

i just started playing pokemon XD and Pokemon leaf green again and was wondering its possible to trade between the two.

i assume if you can, that means i could trade gulpin and other hoenn pokemon to kanto as well right?
Yes you can trade between Kanto and Orre. Only after you beat "final" Boss battle, Aka Lugia and 6 other Shadows/E4. And Also you have given Celio the Ruby and Sapphire from the Sevii Islands.

Both Games can accept any Pokémon, but not every Deoxys Form. (The Deoxys Speed forme does not exist in LG coding, it does exist in XD (only in battle mode using Emerald).)

You can't trade Shadow Pokémon.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Can I trade pokemon from coloseum/XD to my Emerald version immediately after I beat the main storyline of the Gamecube games? Or do I have to have beaten Emerald as well?