• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Colosseum and XD Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Can I trade pokemon from coloseum/XD to my Emerald version immediately after I beat the main storyline of the Gamecube games? Or do I have to have beaten Emerald as well?

With Colo, yes, with XD you need to have beaten the Elite Four in Emerald.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Ok thank you. Looks like I won't be buying XD again.

√øL†

Is Colosseum and XD still compatible with the DS through the Wii? Is there anyway I can take the Pokemon off of them?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is Colosseum and XD still compatible with the DS through the Wii? Is there anyway I can take the Pokemon off of them?
You can play Colosseum and XD on a Wii with no problems, you can even Trade and battle as you would on a Gamecube.

The problem is that the you need to use a GBA-GC lead and a GBA to use the Trade and Battle functions.

One my official ones is at the top left of this image: http://mikesharpewriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/3287831.jpg

You can't use a DS or DS Lite to trade to 3rd gen.

When ever playing Gamecube games, Wii actually thinks it's a Gamecube, and forgets about the Wii hardware.

√øL†

Sweet, thank you, that helps a lot.

PiKa25

Pokémon Trainer
No Dragonite?

The first time I battled Mirror B, I.... sorta lost.... And since then I've never gotten another crack at his shadow Voltorb, and the Dragonite won't appear until I catch all the shadow pokemon. I caught and purified everything else. Is this a glitch?

Maetch

It shouldn't be. There's really no set amount of time between encounters, so keep walking around until the Miror Radar goes off, then check and see where he's at.

TehLulzMastur

Would Entei be considered overpowered in anyway? Because I'm thinking of using him, and I don't want to make the game too easy for myself.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Would Entei be considered overpowered in anyway? Because I'm thinking of using him, and I don't want to make the game too easy for myself.
Easier? It Depends.

Harder, If you're trying to catch them as you go, and NOT use the MasterBall Glitch, it's hard not to faint your opponents glass Cannon with Entei, since the said Cannon has Fainted all your Pokémon.

If you attacking and only waiting for Post game to catch most Pokémon, it's easier.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Don't know if anybody still posts here, but is Starmie still good if it's Purified, or do I kinda have to stick with Shadows? I've Purified most of them, though Eldes's non-Manectric ones, Electabuzz, and Poliwrath are still Shadows.

The rest of my team consists of Espeon, Ursaring, Ampharos, Primeape, Walrein, and Houndoom, all around Lv. 48/49. Should I still grind them? How should I compose my team? Who should be first? I know to keep a slot open for Shadow Lugia and I intend to Master Ball it.

Also, although totally unrelated, is it me, or are Pokemon easier to catch in this game? Like, I caught Shadow Salamence Paralyzed and in the red, not at 1 HP, using my first Ultra Ball.

Thanks in advance, to whatever people who still live in the past read this.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Don't know if anybody still posts here, but is Starmie still good if it's Purified, or do I kinda have to stick with Shadows? I've Purified most of them, though Eldes's non-Manectric ones, Electabuzz, and Poliwrath are still Shadows.

The rest of my team consists of Espeon, Ursaring, Ampharos, Primeape, Walrein, and Houndoom, all around Lv. 48/49. Should I still grind them? How should I compose my team? Who should be first? I know to keep a slot open for Shadow Lugia and I intend to Master Ball it.

Also, although totally unrelated, is it me, or are Pokemon easier to catch in this game? Like, I caught Shadow Salamence Paralyzed and in the red, not at 1 HP, using my first Ultra Ball.

Thanks in advance, to whatever people who still live in the past read this.

I always purified all the Pokemon, so I can offer no suggestion to your first question. As for the Pokemon being easier to catch, you've probably just gotten lucky.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I always purified all the Pokemon, so I can offer no suggestion to your first question. As for the Pokemon being easier to catch, you've probably just gotten lucky.

That's what I've been doing. The reason Electabuzz and Poliwrath aren't Purified is because they haven't spent enough time in the Purification Chamber, and as for Salamence, Lapras, and Marowak, I just caught them and haven't even put them in.

KinShippo

is there any way to capture an articuno, zapdos, or moltres with a specific nature?

btw, if u capture shadow pokemon and lose to greevil(?), do u keep the shadow pokemon? if so im willing to lose if it means getting the right nature.

Last edited:

PiKa25

Pokémon Trainer
is there any way to capture an articuno, zapdos, or moltres with a specific nature?

btw, if u capture shadow pokemon and lose to greevil(?), do u keep the shadow pokemon? if so im willing to lose if it means getting the right nature.

You only keep them if you win

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
In XD, what does the happiness checker person say when you check a pokemon's happiness that can evolve at the next level up? The Serebii game mechanics page for happiness does NOT show what it says for XD.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Do you have to catch Gonzap's Skarmory before the D-Disk will be available in the Snagem Hideout?

Saberu

Hello. I haven't made it through XD yet and I'm looking for some spoilers.

I want to hear about the secret room at the Pokémon Lab. The one in which Krane gives you a masterball. Where is it? How does Krane open it? Has Jovi already made it her secret base?

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
Ok so I have two things to ask:
1. where is Pyrite Cave again? I beat the game years ago, and now I forgot how to get there. I checked like every house in Pyrite (or at least I think so) but I couldn't find any entrance, other than the one where Kids Grid are and the place where you can go directly to The Under. But where's the cave..? I checked some walkthroughs but apparently you are supposed to see it while playing (and I don't exactly want to restart now) so walkthroughs don't seem to give exact directions..

Regardless on whether or not the Japanese Advance games and the English Advance games are compatible, you cannot connect them to Colosseum of a different language.
^this. I find it odd because, my brother bought the Colosseum (along with GCN and everything) when we were in Germany. Colosseum was originally German, but there's this language switch thing so we changed it to English. My brother's (or better said as it is now: mine) Sapphire is English, and we did several trades from one to another (At Colosseum, I think there are actually more traded Pokémon than snagged!). But Colosseum was originally German?
So, does this mean that we got lucky, or does it, if I switch the language, work the same as if it was originally English? Meaning that, if I change the language to, say French or German or whatever, then it wouldn't work? Or is the FAQ wrong?